Weight Watchers Check-in Sunday 9/24

Hey gang! Never went to bed last night... Major storm hit at 9pm (thats bringing a cool front WOOHOO!) ..Bet ya want one of those huh Amy???? I digress.... My 3 100# + dogs are SCARED TO DEATH of lightning/thunder and w/ DH out of town I had all 3 of them on the couch w/ me all night... if they werent so scared it would be the funniest thing in the world....
SO: Yesterday got my 5 Aps earned and ate only 23....
TODAY: CIRCUIT/KICK Cardio 90 mix and REALLY need to eat all my APs or I'm gonna stall my progress this week.
Glad everyone is doing well and hope Sunday is GLORIOUS for all!
Check in later.
:) :D

Traci- Sorry to hear about the major storm scaring the dogs! I would LOVE a cool front!!! I jogged yesterday in 93 degrees! It felt good to get out and jog for something different, but holy cow!

I earned about 8 APs yesterday and just finished a bowl of cereal that finished them off. I am finding it really hard to eat all my points wisely, or should I say cleanly. You can really pack away the food when you are eating clean! I felt like I was eating all night long! Every couple of hours, I said, "I'm hungry". My co-worker laughed and said, "Still? You just said that not too long ago!" I answered, "I'm re-hungry! I already ate for *that* hungry, now I'm eating for *this* hungry." She just laughed and shook her head.

It was busy last night. I had to take my patient for an emergency CT scan of his head because he had changes (needless to say, when they have tubes out of just about every place you can imagine, it's not an easy project!!!). It turned out okay, but it's hard work pushing a bed with a person in it!

ETA- Forgot, tonight is something circuit-y, haven't decided. I usually don't until I peruse the Cathe Collection and something jumps out at me.

>>>>I answered, "I'm re-hungry! I already ate for *that* hungry, now I'm eating for *this* hungry."

Oh Amy You made me laugh so hard I spit my coffee out :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Also- kudos to you for being so dedicated to working out with your ever changing shift work (& hi level stress w/ it)... I am so amazed at the dedication of all you folks.... Honestly when I worked 50+ hrs a week I was only a weekend warrior.... I admire your commitment to your health & spirit.

Good morning, gang!

This morning I did Step Fit and Core Max #2. Nice, moderate workout. My legs a bit sore from all those legs presses in HSTA yesterday, so this was about what I needed.

I stopped counting points yesterday, when got to the restaurant. I don't think I went overboard with the food, but given the portion sizes I ate, I'm sure I went over my points for the day. But it was yummy (maple-glazed salmon, wild rice pilaf, broccoli, shared a white-brownie ice cream dessert with DH). Today we're having friends over to celebrate DD#2's first birthday (her big day is actually tomorrow), so I might go over a bit today, too. I am making a birthday cake, and fully intend to enjoy a piece (I'm the one who gave birth to the child and have nursed her and cared for her for a full year, so I feel the most deserving of the bunch of us LOL!).

How many AP would you give for Step Fit? I'm thinking maybe five? It didn't feel all that hard, although I did break a sweat. Working out underneath an active furnace duct doesn't help LOL!!

Traci - Poor dogs! Poor you! I don't know how you can function today. I need my 7-8 hours, or I'm toast. We're in the full swing of autumn up here, and it's been quite chilly for a few weeks. We'll be getting our first snow fall any day now.

Amy - Cathe has so many excellent circuits, it's hard to choose! And now with BodyMax2, Low Impact Circuit, and Drill Max coming our way, we'll have even tougher choices.

Jennifer - You are a dedicated runner, I take it! Do you have plans to do a full marathon? I run for fitness about once a week, but never more than 45 minutes. I like it, but I don't love it enough to train for a really long-distance run.

Well, I'd best go bake a cake and clean the house. Have a great day!
Sandra

Sandra:
What a fabulous dinner! You made me VERY hungry this morning.... Congrats on the birthday and you are so right about the cake... any woman who has given birth DESERVES a piece of cake on little ones b-day!!! I so envy you having a true fall season! Here in Houston we usually get 10 days of fall weather then its back to hot then cold then hot! My garden & fruit trees produce all year long ... I call them psycho fruit trees!
As far as Step Fit... If its a 60 minute one w/ 5 min w/u + 5 min cool down I'd guess 250-350 cal burned... just my guess. I use a HRM so it varies every time
Have a great time at your party!!!

Oh Amy-
I'm being SO BAD w/ DH gone.... been shopping online
again.......lololol I dislike pure step work yet I bought
5 of Cathes early years stuff that I realized I didnt
have.... now why in the world did I do that???? Now I
REALLY have to make a rotation using steps since I
will have them all in a week!
UGH
Any Step Rotatins Ideas out there ladies???x(

Good morning, ladies!! :)

I started writing down my points yesterday, after not having done it the entire time I was in Maui--boy it really does keep me honest. I ended up having to use 7 flexies for dinner, but it was well worth it, and today I plan on sticking to my 24 points so I don't have to use any flexies.

Today's yoga/pilates day for me, since I want to do a "mini-taper" for the SJ Half. I probably won't earn many AP for that (1, probably? Or maybe even 2?), but I got up so late and had breakfast so late (9:30 is late for me LOL) that I probably won't be hungry and need that mid-morning snack I usually take before lunch, so that'll save me 2-3 points that I can tack on to lunch or dinner.

Sandra: you could say I'm a little addicted to running ;). I was never a runner before I joined TnT, but training with a group and having actual coaches who know what they're doing makes all the difference in the world. Plus, knowing that you're helping an incredible cause throughout it all--it's definitely motivating! Besides, this is my third season and by now, these folks are my family. Even during my off-season, I run once a week with the same group of folks because I love hanging out with them. I never would have come this far and done this much if I were doing this alone!

And I don't really have plans for a full. A full doesn't really appeal to me LOL. I love the challenge of a half and I love still feeling energetic and vibrant afterwards (not that I wouldn't with a full, but it's definitely more grueling). Someday I may want to tackle the NYC Marathon, or the Rome Marathon would be incredible, but if I never do a full, I won't complain LOL.

Jennifer

Sandra- Congratulations on the baby's first birthday! You most certainly deserve a piece of cake!

Jennifer- Yes, journalling tends to keep you honest! I think that is why I have been able to stick with WW for so long this time is because I journal faithfully!

Traci- LOL! You ordered those tapes because you didn't have them. It's a driving force to collect all of Cathe's stuff! It's a compulsion!!! I know that you don't like all step, but it adds variety. Speaking of compulsion, I have Rhythmic Step, Imax 3 and Boot Camp scheduled to arrive at my door tomorrow (Tuesday). I only work 36 hrs/week, which is full time when doing 12 hr shifts, so it's pretty easy to keep on track with the exercise. In fact, I have a really hard time dealing with the stress if I *don't* workout (new finding, there!!!). Once I overslept and wasn't able to workout before work, I felt like I had chopped my arm off, I had the hardest time just functioning that night! Go figure, this from someone who was a charter member/president of the "I hate exercise" club!!!

Tonight, I did HSTA. Holy Cow, all the leg presses after having run yesterday! What a killer on the legs! What I thought was amusing was that trying a circuit rotation was going to get me away from heavy upper and heavy lower days. NOT! Friday was C&W which focused on heavy upper body and today with HSTA, it was a heavy lower body. I think that Monday may be a stretch/yoga (attempt) day. I received the P90X in the mail Friday and have been reviewing the contained literature. The nutrition program recommends that I eat 2400 cal/day!!! I haven't quite decided if I want to follow that, but other than the calorie count (which scares the die-hard WW in me!) it seems very sound. I will peruse those tapes and haunt the UPS man until my new Cathe comes in.....sounds like a very fulfilling week, huh???;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.