Weight Watchers Check In- Sunday 10/8

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good Morning all!

I actually was able to get my run in yesterday....4.6 miles!!! When I woke up, it was a beautiful 83 degrees with very little humidity! What felt the best, though was remembering that at the beginning of the summer, I was only able to run about 3 miles. I could have gone 5 miles if I had just had about another 10 minutes or so, but I had to make sure I got to work on time!

It sound like everyone is doing okay! Claude, I know how you feel about channeling Traci! I feel like that as well when I mish-mosh like that!
Jennifer, I wouldn't feel bad about the weight, especially since you are needing to fuel yourself for those long runs!
Kirsten- Congratulations on recommitting! Keep up the good work and the good attitude!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Good morning all.
I lost a whopping 0.6 lbs last week ( ha ha) but it's in the right direction. My hubby bought a canoe a couple days ago so after brekky, we will be going to a close by lake to try it out! There's my Upper Body workout for the day. I hope I will someday remember all your names but for now I wish all of us a great day.I also hope to do a workout from the Timesaver DVD. I am working up to doing Cathe's advanced work.:)

Nancy- I hope that you have a great day on the lake!!! Don't worry about "working up" to Cathe's advanced stuff, I thought that I needed to as well and finally I just jumped right in!

Good morning, Gang,

I'm going to make this a quick one. I went to the swim training session yesterday morning, and had a blast. It may have been 7 years since I've done a swim workout, but it didn't feel like it - thank you Cathe workouts!! (A couple of other swimmers commented that it didn't look like I hadn't been doing any swimming. Love comments like those!). I did 1600m of front crawl, breast stroke, and various drills. When the coach told us the hour was up, I was surprised and disappointed. I was having way too much fun. I also enjoyed the social atmosphere of working out with other people. I'll definitely be back next Saturday morning!

For AP points, I estimated it as one hour of high intensity, because on my AP slider, it lists "competitive swimming" as high intensity. It's very hard to estimate how hard you're actually working when you're swimming, because you don't see the sweat! I know, though, that I was seriously thirsty, and STARVING for the rest of the day. Ate, ate, ate. I went to Starbucks right after the workout to get some academic work done and have a Pumpkin Spice Latte (tall, 1%, no whipped cream), but had to leave earlier than anticipated because I was so hungry I couldn't concentrate. And yes, I did eat a pb&j sandwich right after the workout. Didn't seem to make a dent in my appetite. Anyhoo. That was fun.

Since today is our TGiving dinner, I'm headed down in the basement this morning to do either: BodyMax, or a SB/SJP premix of my own making. If it doesn't require too much programming of my dvd player, I want to try doing a SB combo; SJP combo; SJP hi/lo segment; 1 round of the SB Blast Challenge, and repeat this sequence until I've done all the cardio of the two workouts. That just sounds like fun. Yeah, that might be what I do. I'll BBL to let you know what I ended up doing.

I'm really jonesing on not having done a solid weight workout for a while, so maybe if I do pure cardio today, I can do a total body weight workout tomorrow, and rest the legs. I'm undecided. It's been too long since I've pulled out my BFF: PUB. Love that workout.

Okay, this wasn't short at all! My bad. You guys all have a great day. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians who are celebrating today. I'll try to come back later and do some personals.

Cheers!
Sandra

Yesterday I did the KPC/L&G 82 minute premix w/u abs. Whoah, that one was a toughy, but I felt good after. For my afternoon workout I did Cardio Coach #1. My legs were a bit sore for that one, but I pulled it out.

Went to dinner last night at a friends house. Dinner was fairly healthy, grilled steak, rice pilaf, vegetables. I had some goat cheese and crackers beforehand. Of course there was the wine....
Anyway, after dinner the host pulls out an apple pie he had baked and well, what can I say. It was good. I used all of my AP's plus about 12 flexies.

I'm a bit nervous today because we are going to an Octoberfest at a local brewery. I know there will be traditional german food and beer. I probably won't drink much beer, but, we are going around lunchtime so I'll have to eat. I'm not sure if there will be any semi-healthy choices. I have 22 flexies left this week but I don't want to use them all today. Hum.....Any ideas???

I may take a rest day today. My legs are pretty sore. We'll see how late I get home and how much junk I ate.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Good morning! Don't have much time today as I must get my chores done before heading to family bday celebration.

I hope to get a FIRM C&S in today since we'll be eating a bunch tonight. I am in charge of the cake and I chose to meke the Diet Soda cake I've heard so much about. I chose to do a lemon cake with diet 7-up and the frosting will be SF/FF pudding with FF cool whip mixed together. The bday girl is a WWer as well so I think she'll appreciate it.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'll try to get back and do personals if I get a chance.

Take care! :)

Well, that was fun! I just had a party. I ended up doing the SB/SJP combination that I mentioned above. 90 minutes of pure, fun cardio, with a mixture of intensities swirled throughout. I was still wanting a weight workout, though, so after I finished the cardio, I ate a bowl of cereal, then went back to it and did Push Pull. This was a good day.

Amy - good running! You say you don't like swimming, I'm the same way about long distance running. I enjoy a 30 - 45 minute session, as long as it's outdoors and I've got good music on the MP3 player. But longer than that and I get b.o.r.e.d. You did amazing.

nsaeolian - 0.6 pounds down is still a weight loss, and it's that much closer to your goal. Good work! The canoeing sounds like it will be really nice. Enjoy!

Buffy - I've got to do that KPC/LG premix again some time soon. It is definitely a great one. One of my favourites. The dinner last night sounds deeeelicious!! Yum!! Regarding today, can you bring something along with you to eat with something you buy? I'm thinking that if you buy a sausage, you can bring a salad along with you and therefore you're not eating all the high calorie side dishes that they serve. Have a fun time at Oktoberfest. I haven't gone to one of those in years. The beer sounds delicious.

Kirsten - what's that cake recipe you're talking about? Sounds intriguing. A few years ago I made one that was simply a 28oz can of crushed pineapple mixed with Angel Food cake mix. It was deeelicious. I'm going to make that again! Your friend is going to love you for making such a great cake for her bday!

Off to do my share of the baking for tonight's TGiving dinner,
Sandra

Sandra- I am glad that you had a good time! The recipe is very easy, a box cake mix and a can of diet soda (I have also seen where you can add an egg white or 1 egg (or Egg Beaters equivalent)), any flavors. My favorites are Vanilla cake with diet orange soda and chocolate cake mix with either diet Root Beer, diet Dr Pepper, or the flavored Dr. Pepper. Then bake according to the directions. Something very important is to prepare the cake pan well because there's no oil in the cake, it tends not to come out of the pan easily.

I hope everyone had a good day!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.