Weight Watchers Check In- Saturday October 14

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good Morning all!!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I actually was sleeping great until about noon when I remembered that I was supposed to bake a cake for a co-workers last night at work! So, I was baking a couple of cakes today before going back to bed.

WI was okay, I was up 1 lb, but considering my 2 back-to-back uber workouts Tuesday and Wednesday, plus a huge salt craving this week and feeling bloaty Thursday morning, I was very pleased that it was only 1 lb!!!

I can't remember what everyone else it up to, but congratulations on those that lost this week. I hope that those on roadtrips have a great and safe time!!! Those that are off work, have a great time off!!!!

DH and I are planning a roadtrip to Hattiesburg, MS next week if he's up to it. It all depends on him. I found some special shoes that look super goofy (www.zcoil.com) but if they help reduce his pain from walking, then I am all about that!!! The nearest store for fitting is either Metarie, LA or Hattiesburg, MS. We try to stay as far away from New Orleans as possible, so MS it is!!!

Good morning all. Not expecting a great weigh in this morning. I pulled something in my back last Sunday ( don't even remember what did it! ) so was verrrrry lame all week. No workouts except very gentle yoga and my motivation to eat right was also nil. But I am healing and hope to be back to normal soon. But that's life. SIGH!!!:-(

Amy - great job on only a one pound gain with all those variables in play! I noticed you mentioned your DH having some health problems, sorry if I missed it in previous posts. Did he injure himself?

nsaeolian - good luck on the weigh in. Those injuries do have a way of messing things up down the line. Hope you heal soon.

Today we have a benefit roping to go for someone who was injured at a roping a little over a year ago. The steer crossed in front of his horse on a run and the horse went down slamming his head into the ground. He has been in a vegetative state since, so sad. We are going out to eat before we go to the roping this evening so will be watching those points today.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Morning everyone -

I did GS Legs this am - love, love, love that workout :)!! So now I have jelly legs, but I like that feeling - I know only you Cathe fans would understand that. The good news is that my back didn't bother me during the workout which is a very good sign considering how things have gone this week.

Scale is up one pound today. Not surprised seeing as I indulged heartily in the pizza last night :9 . Now it's time to get back on the wagon and start being ultra good.

Amy - The shoes may look goofy, but they sound awesome. I really hope they work for DH. Isn't it awful how pain can completely control your life? It must be worse considering his is a chronic situation. Hugs to him and you for dealing with this!

Jane - what a sad story. Hope the benefit goes well.

Well today still holds cleanmax, plus some office work plus some sewing. Hope I can manage to get it all done.

To all who follow, have a great Saturday!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good morning, group!

I'm fueling up for a swim this morning. Eating a pb&j sandwich, my favourite sandwich in the world, and up there in my top ten of all foods.

Stayed OP yesterday, but it was hard. I was very sleepy all day, and really had the munchies.

Amy - thank heavens you remembered to bake the cakes! How awkward would that have been if you'd shown up without them?! I would consider that 1lb to be part of the normal fluctuation of life.

Karen - HPM = Horse Power Minutes? Hills Per Minute? What the heck does it mean? That sounds like just the loveliest of bike rides. What do you do with your kids when you do that? Do they go with you?

Nancy - oh, what a discouraging week you had!! Take good care of your back. You'll be back on track before you know it. I had to spend 9 weeks on complete bedrest when I was expecting DD#2, and was pleasantly surprised at how little difference it made, in the grand scheme of things. You'll be fine.

Jane - that's a tragic situation for that man. We had a similar situation in that my friend's husband fell off a roof (building a house), and landed on his head. The tiny town I lived in at the time had a great big dance/fund raiser for the family. It's wonderful to see communities pull together like that. Good luck with watching those points! Yup, LL has a lot of squats, doesn't it? I use those calf raises as "active rests". Did you notice that when Cathe puts the barbell down a couple of of times, she backs away from it like it's about to bite her? I think she was feeling it, too!

Claude - how's the stomach today? I hate to be the downer, but that BLT pizza sounds, ah, awful :) I'm getting a stomach ache just thinking about it. I'm a huge fan of BLT sandwiches, though. Just don't like the thought of adding a bunch of cheese to it. I don't own a HRM, but I agreed with your assessment yesterday and called GS Legs moderate. DD#1 has been in recreational gymnastics for about 3 years (at least?). We haven't put her in the competitive stream yet. I'm going to wait on that until I'm sure it's what she wants to do. Why did your DD quit after all this time? I love what gymnastics does for a child's overall physical development.

Okay, I've got to get ready to go to the pool. Have a great day!
Sandra

Sandra - yes it is tragic... what makes it even more so is this man is in his late 20's and engaged to married within just a few months when the accident occurred. They had already broken ground on their house and the foundation and framing were already done.... his fiancee has stayed with him through it all... just heartbreaking...

I didn't notice Cathe doing that on LL, I'll have to watch for that on Monday when I do it again. I think I was in too much pain to notice anything.}( :p

Sandra - Stomach is fine this morning. Most people think yuck when they first hear about the BLT pizza - I did. But it's one of those things you have to try, it's surprisingly good - they don't overload it with cheese like a regular pizza. And the cold lettuce and tomatoes on top of the hot crust and bacon - yummmmmy.

I too love what gymnastics does for a child's body, mind and confidence. It taught my DD so much about perserverance and the value of hard work. She quit gymnastics for a lot of different reasons but mostly because she's 14 and wants to "have a life". 15 hours a week in the gym is a lot for anyone, especially a teenager. She is taking up new activities at school so that's encouraging. The neat thing is her coach wanted her to stay at the gym so he offered her a parttime job as assistant coach to the preschool classes on Saturday mornings. She LOVES it.

She's been complaining because she's lost a lot of muscle tone. You could have done laundry on her abs, but now they're starting to go a little soft (still 100 times better than mine, but she's not happy). I told her she was welcome to try my Cathe workouts anytime.

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good morning, ladies!!

I subscribed to WW e-tools last night, since I had heard such great things about the tools (and remember using them quite a bit when I had my three-month free trial). One question, though: when you subscribe to e-tools does that mean you're also subscribed to WW online? Or is that something different?

Color me confused!

Anyway, I have decided I am finally going to lose those last 5 pounds I have been wanting to lose for about a year now LOL. Now that TnT season is just about over (after next Sunday's half, that's it!) and I'll no longer be training, I can (and really should!) back off from the number of points I've been eating to really be optimally "fueled." I can go to weight loss points of 20 points/day (+ AP I earn and flexies I may need) and not compromise my training, so I guess I'll have no excuses LOL.

Be forewarned, though: I'm going to be leaning on you guys for lots and lots of support!!! I know I've done this before and done it successfully (30 pounds isn't a small feat, right?), but for some reason, those last 5 pounds... grr. People always talk about how hard it is to lose them, and it's so true. Even though I was successful at losing the first 30, those last 5 are just stubborn!! But I have decided I am stronger than them, and I am going to kick them to the curb once and for all.

Jennifer

Jennifer - when I met goal the other week, I cancelled my Monthly Pass (which was paid up until 10-28) and subscribed to E-tools using the three-month option for $29.99. This will kick in when my monthly pass expires. I believe you have access to the whole site, at least that is my perception.

Back again! Had a wunnerful, wunnerful swim! Am now officially water logged <aaaachooooo!!>. I did 1950m this week, mostly front crawl.

Jane - I applaud the fiancee for sticking with him. That's a terrible situation for someone to be in. When my grandfather's neck was broken in an accident, he became a quadrapalegic. My grandmother became his primary caretaker, and spent the next 25 years of her life living quite selflessly. He passed away last April, and while I have always felt sorry for him, I have also always felt terrible for my grandmother. I know there was some talk of divorce a couple of years after the accident, but she never left him. He was very bitter and angry, so it was not an easy life for her. Ahhhh, let's all be thankful of having our health, and the health of our loved ones. How did you like that second round of plie squat-low ends at the very end of LL? }( }( If I give you a recipe, would you mind running it through the WW analyzer so I can know how many points it is? It's broccoli rabe with figs, pine nuts, and garlic. So delicious.

Jennifer - with that kind of determination, I have no doubt that you'll do it! If I were those 5 pounds, I'd be running scared....

Claude - yes, 15 hours a week at a gym is indeed a lot for a teenager. I imagine they must lose a lot of their kids at that age. The good thing is, she'll always have that base, she probably developed some great muscle tone and posture that will remain with her throughout her lifetime, and if she decides to get back to it, it won't be very difficult. My dd's gym has a drop-in adult "swing on a bar" class on Tuesday evenings, and it's crossed my mind many times that I should give it a go. At the very least, I'd love to play on the trampoline a bit :+

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra - how sad for your grandparents... it does make you so thankful for your health and that of your family. There are some things in this life that are worse than death.

I'll be glad to plug your recipe into the recipe builder on WW.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.