Weight Watchers Check In- Saturday 12/2

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
It's 3am and Traci hasn't posted yet??? What's up with that?;-) ;-)

Work is steady, but not bad. I am just getting ready for the radiology tech to put her backside into 2nd gear instead of reverse and do my chest x-ray;-) . It's a constant battle to get her to MOVE! I am not exaggerating when I say that it takes her 30 minutes just to do 5 x-rays (and we are there to help her lift and stuff!).

Oh well....

Oh, she's finally ready for me....BBL!

Anyway....last night was RTTC and it felt good. I am going to try and stick with her for at least 4 weeks. This is week #3 and already I have seen some nice cutting in my upper arms/shoulder area. I think that my body does better with lower weights/higher reps to lean it out instead of build more muscle mass.

Traci- How's the weather? It was a tad chilly when I left for work last night....52 degrees. I hear you about the hate/hate self-flagalating relationship with the scale! I have decided to boycott it except for the "mandatory" weekly thing at the WW meeting.

Buffy- I hope that you are enjoying the last of your rest week. What kind of scale do you have? I am looking at picking up a BF scale in the near future just to monitor the trend (I know they aren't super reliably accurate). I am sorry that you were having problems with your workout yesterday. I hope the new ones are shipped soon, although I am not going to beat SNM's door down for them after what happened initially!

LoriSax- Your diet sounds pretty clean to me. How many points/calories are you eating? Good luck with the craft show!

Cheryl- Wow! I hope that your trip is a safe one! That's pretty intense travelling! I had to check out Cathe's Dec rotation after your post. I have yet to do full Cathe rotation. It never fails...one of the first workouts she tells you to do is one I don't have yet! I am glad that Cathe's November rotation was so successful for you! I can't imagine fitting in to single digit jeans, much less "0"!!!

Wendy- Not being able to sleep always makes me feel bloated and puffy for some reason! I hope that you got all your "to-do" list finished. I just need to start my Christmas shopping!

Sandra- I have been trying to "get into" Imax 3 since I got it several months ago, but it just "tain't" happening. I am lucky to get through the first 5 intervals before I just "have" to go to Imax 2! You're right about the salt thing! The gyro meat wasn't super high in calories, but the salt is what got me! That and the popcorn.... never fails to bloat!

Has anyone heard from Corinne and Jennifer? I hope that they are doing okay and that Corinne's mom is doing okay! Just trying to catch up on some of the 'originals' here.

Morning Miss Amy & all to follow-
Have to go read all of yesterdays posts and come back but wanted to say HI before Amy goes to bed!
Yesterday had a blast w/ girlfriend & shopping. Ate well while we were out but stayed out all day so never got PlyoX done. So today will be PlyoX + Back & Biceps. Gotta say that my triceps are SCREAMING this morning from Wednesdays workout... DOMS to the max!
DH putting up tree lights today so I can FINALLY decorate it and get boxes back to attic... He's gotta get front yard decorated (thats his baby) and lawns need mowing first... a busy project day for us. Temps only dropped to 40's last night so I think the FRIGID nastiness was only a 24 hour thing.
BB after I get caught up on posts...
Oh Amy- No I havent seen corinne or jennifer around at all... I think I saw Jen post 1-2x on open forum but no sign from Corinne... I do hope both are OK.

Good morning Amy.... I believe it is totally the salt that has you retaining water and that is what is reflecting on the scale. That's why I measure religiously when I weigh. Those measurements tell the true story of what your hiney is going to go into! I can hear the excitement in your post when you talked about the Gap jeans. That is the best feeling in the world isn't it!?

Sandra - awwww..... what a sweet child. She must have taken a few lessons from mom on thoughtfulness. That gave me such a warm feeling to read that.

Traci - don't fret over that one pound gain. You are so right to focus on the overall trend which, is your case, is going straight down. I glad you had a good time yesterday. I took my rest day yesterday too instead of today. I thought I was going to be out all day today but DD and I went out last night and got it all done. I didn't get home until 10:00!! I'm never out that late. But I've got my tree and it is ready to decorate today. I plan on doing a cardio coach today.

Buffy - I dipped into flexies last night too! That is why I was up a pound this morning on the scale. I ate a grilled chicken salad at Longhorn and had them use no grill base when they cooked it (they know me well there as the crazy Weight Watcher lady!) I have to have that bacon honey mustard dressing though, I calculate what I eat of it at about 5 points but that is one vice I'm not giving up. On the BF% decrease.... if you are holding onto fluid, for instance if you had something salty, more carbs than usual, etc that will cause you to hold on to water, you BF% will appear decreased because water is measured along with the lean muscle mass, blood, bone, etc. and if that is increased, it is going to make you BF% appear less. Sarah (Imafitnessfreak) explained this to me once.

Teddygirl - I hear you about Christmas being just around the corner. I just bought my tree last night and plan to put it up today.

Lori - that dessert treat you have sounds wonderful. You can experiment with some small changes in your routine and see if it will make a different. If you want it everyday, try having only a 1/2 cup of the ice cream with it. If you see a different in weight after one week, try having the dessert every other day, etc.... and watch your weights each week as you make these changes. Where are you going in NC? I live a little over an hour northwest of Charlotte.

Cheryl - how do you like DM? I like it overall but hate that cardio drill with the SB for some reason. Be careful about overtraining, I've found when I take my rest day each week and even have weeks like last week when I had FOUR rest days, I lost the most weight. Way to go on the smaller jeans! I LOVE my Lucky jeans!

LoriND - I take flax seed oil ... but according to my leader the oil check boxes listed on the trackers refer to a serving of something like olive oil or canola oil. That was the focus of one of our meetings one time. My DD told her she wasn't wasting 2 points on 2 tsp. of oil! LOL.... I guess it was meant to be incorporated in cooking, etc... I don't know.... that has always been a little confusing to me. I believe I am going to do Cathe's Dec rotation but sub cardio coaches for the cardios. I really need to strength train and was going to use the P90X lean rotation as a loose guideline with my cardiocoaches until I saw Cathe's rotation. I just can't give up Cathe for a month!

Wendy - I hope you are back to your regular schedule today. I hate when I can't sleep!

I think I've caught up on my personals. I'm off to get a second cup of coffee. Have a wonderful Saturday!

ETA - I copied this post before I hit the 'post' button. This is about how long my post was the other night when I went into cyperspace never to be seen from again! Of course, this one posted since I had the good sense to copy it first!

Amy: Your workout creativity cracks me up.... Lets see how many maxes we can all do in a 24 hour period ok? NOT. You have a heart muscle that is so strong! What a woman

Wendy: High 5 on getting the Holiday Card project checked off... I hope to do that Sunday but I've said that since LAST Sunday so who knows!!! Cant wait to hear how you like your hair! FABULOUS you "cutting off the negative energy"...Yea Baby!

LoriND: GREAT WORKOUT yesterday. I am hungriest in am as well and I do the same thing w/ protein drink/flax... its a godsend or I'd eat my full days calories up by noon!

Sandra: What a wonderful heartwarming story about DD1. I hope its engraved in your mind and heart for when she's 15-16 and starts those terrible teen years! Lets hope she by-passes the "hate my mom" stage that so many go thru.... then we wake up 1 day and realize our moms were pretty darned smart! (& we're becoming just like them too!) :D Your progress since Feb is so impressive! I love all my tracking details... Its always just what I need when feeling down or anxious about results. I adore looking back so I can look forward w/ optimal positivity ad enthusiasm. I dont do well on negative motivationall the time... gotta have my HOORAYS!

TGIRL: You seem so happy w/ your new rotation... You just go for it and enjoy every minute of your VERY PAINFUL looking rotation!:p

BUFFY: Way to go on BF drop...that is so the name of the game! Maybe the higher powers were telling you NOT to do wt work on recovery week.... I bet if you throw that DVD in again AFTER recovery week it works just fine. GOOD FOR YOU in doing Core Syn as planned.

LORISAX: Your Foods look pretty darn good to me... If you want to "test" the ice cream theory why not sub it out every other day w/ a fruit dessert? That will tell you soon enough if its an issue. You'll never know unfortunately until you test 1 thing at a time out on your body. Next you could try the nothing but water or green tea 3 hours before bedtime... Now that doesnt work for me as I'm in bed at 8 in the winter hahaaha

CHERYL: My oh my oh my....I just am in constant amazement at how incredible your changes are! I can feel your adrenilan and say thank you as I am not in my most motivated state of mind right now. I certainly look to you for inspiration because our stats and various aspects of life seem so similar. I can tell you that my mind cannot wrap around the size 0. At my teeniest tiniest no meat no muscle stage I was a 4-6. A ZERO is like a glamour hollywood # to me. I share your joy and excitement.

Have a great day to all!!!!!

Jane: YIPPEE!!!!! Your post actually posted!!!!;-)
What a shopping trip you and DD had! How fun is it tho to be done!!!
Your plan to sub Dec cardio w/ CC sounds PERFECT!!! Best of both worlds for you and I know that the rotation will be a great one! I printed it out am planning on doing it after P90 at some point. I just really struggle w/ all this... After P90 I want to do a month of circuits (all my instructors)... but I want to do the Nov rotation as is since results sound INCREDIBLE, but then I also want to do 1 body part a day..... UGH How does a girl choose???????????}(

Have a great time w/ tree decorating and everything else you hope to do today.

Hey Traci - Well I've changed my mind YET again! I mentioned this on the Daily Check-in today. After I posted here and on the Daily check-in, I actually took a good look at the Dec rotation and she is using all these great premixes! I'm going to do it as written and sub the cardio coaches on the run and walk days. I get my best results when I am following Cathe's rotation as written. I was worried about losing LB strength, but I believe I'll maintain it if I follow the rotation as written.

Hey Traci - Well I've changed my mind YET again! I mentioned this on the Daily Check-in today. After I posted here and on the Daily check-in, I actually took a good look at the Dec rotation and she is using all these great premixes! I'm going to do it as written and sub the cardio coaches on the run and walk days. I get my best results when I am following Cathe's rotation as written. I was worried about losing LB strength, but I believe I'll maintain it if I follow the rotation as written.

ETA - either it doesn't post or I have a trigger finger that posts it twicex( x(

Well, it's chilly here....38 degrees on the car thermometer. Many here would say that's "cold", but having been a "yankee" all my life, it's still just "chilly" to me. Granted, when I go back north, I freeze out up there!

Had to pick lemons off our Meyer lemon tree. The are so beautiful this year....and a bumper crop!!! We have to have at least 100 lbs of lemons on our single tree! I love them though...especially since they taste different that regular lemons. I'm pretty boring though, just like to sprinkle them over my apples I take to work. A co-worker eats them like oranges!

DOMS are layering in in the glutes and hamstrings and I think the chest. RTTC has a compound Chest press/butt lift thing that kills me every week!

I hope everyone has a good day. I put my tree up last week and decorated it. I have been averaging getting it up every other year. If I wait too long, I will forego the whole thing! I don't do much for the yard....but it does need to be mowed.

Have a great Saturday!

Amy, 38 degrees is cold to this Californian! I can't believe someone eats lemons like oranges. That's wack! :)

Jane, have fun w/ the Dec. rotation. How many Cathe rotations have you done? I am amazed at you ladies!

Traci, I do like this Nov. rotation so far! You should do it with me. I've only done 3 days, but I'm sticking with it. It's really fun.

Got up at 5 today and did LIC. That workout rocks, too! So far BM2 and LIC have been great. I love this new series and the rotation is really humane : ) (last rotation I did was with the Hardcore series, and it was, ahem, a little too hardcore for me). The time on LIC flew by. My shoulders are gonna be toast tomorrow.

My hair got cut yesterday! He took off about 5 inches. Adios negative vibes!

Okay, today is my WW meeting. I feel pretty bloated today. Hopefully it will all come out before the meeting.

Have a great day!

Wendy

Goooooood Moooooorning, everyone! Hurray for Saturday!
It's still bitter cold in Utah. Running partner was going to meet me at my house at 7:30 so we could avoid the worst of it, but called me at 7:00 sick as a dog... so no run. Instead I did 45 min TM weightloss program at level 9 (yippee) and 30 minutes of CardioFusion. This time I had the CF choreography nailed. Loved it! But I started feeling lightheaded after 30 minutes so I took that as a sign I've had enough cardio for today.

WW Weigh in this morning. Wish me luck! I'll report in later.

Wendy, good luck with your WI!!

Jane, LoriND - on the oil - Pardon my blasphemy, but I think the WW leader who said she wasn't going to waste 2 points on oil was clear out to lunch! I think the only real question is what kind of oil - fish or flax. My skinny running friends pointed out to me that when you're eating clean and doing a lot of workout (especially cardio) that it's like water and dehydration - if you're not getting enough good Omega 3 fat, your body thinks you're starving and clings to all of it's fat. One of my skinniest friends couldn't lose the last 5 pounds she wanted to lose and when she started taking fish oil, it just slipped away (she made no other changes). But I'm hearing a lot of pros and cons lately on whether it should be fish oil, flax oil or a combination of both... that's why I was asking...

Traci - on the jeans - we all know how the sizes vary! The Lucky Jeans easy fit run quite generously compared to the others. My 36" hips fit nicely into those size zeros, but my Lucky "peanut pants" (skinny fit) are snuggish even at a size six. Just for grins I slipped on my Gap white jeans size 4 last night. They fit, but they're a tad more snug than I'd want to be wearing with anything but maybe a longish sweater. So the size zero Luckys are a wonderful upper, but I gotta put it in perspective. In most of my clothes I've been a size 6 lately and am just now eking my way back towards the 4's. At my best I was a standard size 2 and that's what I want to get to again.

Well, on to a wonderful morning! Have a good one, everyone!

I'll check back in later after the WI (good thoughts, good thought, good thoughts).

Forgot to ask, Traci - how did the haircut come out? Are you happy with it?

My haircut/color is MONDAY. I've fallen behind. I looked back through my calendar and realized I haven't gone in for THREE MONTHS. No wonder I'm feeling shaggy!

Have a great morning, everyone-
Cheryl

Cheryl... the WW leader was specifying the oil is canola or olive... not the flax or fish... my daughter is the one who said she wasn't wasting 2 pts a day on 2 tsp on oil. I don't think taking flax or fish oil adds any pts. I think you can, though, count oil that you cook with as the oil that WW requires each day... just clarifying..:)

Good Afternoon all!!

Amy: I have a Tanita scale and it is supposed to measure body fat, but, I don't really trust it. It read 16% the other day and there is no way I am 16% body fat (I wish).

Traci - I'm actually very glad I ended up doing Core Synergystics yesterday. My abs are really screaming today. Feels like someone punched me in the stomach.

Jane - Thanks for the info. on the bodyfat measurements. I think you are right on - I had more carbs than usual and I was probably retaining water.

This morning I did Bootcamp (everything but core premix) and cardio coach #5. Whoah, I'm wiped. Good workout.

I'm having some friends over for pizza later so I really need to AP's.

Enjoy your day.

Buffy

Hi again, everyone!

Jane, thanks for the oil clarification - that makes sense. I haven't been counting the fish oil tabs, but have been counting the soy margarine (made with soy, olive and canola oil) etc. pretty scrupulously.

Okay, WI completed - 133, as expected. Hoo-Rah! That's 11 pounds total. So it's taken me a year to lose 11 pounds, and now that I've got my thyroid/adrenals back and am into a rhythym with Cathe I hope to take just six weeks or so to lose the final 13. Can I do it? I'm sure gonna try!

When I get below 130, it's all fun from there because I'm into the majority of my clothes, feeling good, and not wanting to slow the momentum. So that's a very good thing. Sooooo close!! Three more pounds to have met the 10% marker, and 8 more to meet my stated WW lifetime goal. I can do it.

On to a great Saturday everyone!

Buffy, hurray on BootCamp! That's what I'm lining up for tomorrow. I just love that workout. It may be my Cathe favorite, if I could possibly choose only one :)

Have a great afternoon!

Cheryl

Hi all,

Well, I wasn't imagining things yesterday when I felt like BM2 step&circuits got the better of me. The night before, I'd developed a headache, which I rarely get. By last night the headache had come back, even bigger, and I was one big ball of ache and fatigue. I went to bed at 7:45 and woke up this morning at 7:15!! The sleep did me some good, but I've still got the headache and am very, very achy. My stomach's been off, as well. Last night's dinner was a toaster waffle with butter and maple syrup, and a large bowl of Raisin Crunch 2-scoops cereal. I was dying for a bag of potato chips last night, but DH refused to go buy them (gotta love him). Obviously, I didn't go swimming this morning. We are supposed to go buy Christmas lights, etc. this afternoon, but I don't want to get out of my pajammas. If I send DH on his own, he'll leave me with the children, and I don't want that, either :p I took 2 ibuprofen tablets this morning, and that has helped, so maybe I'll be able to get myself together enough to go shopping.

Traci - boy, did I LOL at your statement about having to first mow the lawn before you put up your Christmas decorations!!!! That is hilarious! You and I need to do one of those life-swapping shows, and live in each other's shoes for a while. That would be an eye-opener for both of us, I imagine. And how cool would it be to do that, when we know there's a home gym, with complete Cathe collection, in each home? Oh yeah, and my kids each sleep 11 hours solid every night, and the baby takes a 2-2.5 hour nap every day.

Cheryl - 36" hips will fit into a size 0 Lucky jean?? No wonder people love those things! What are you going to do now that the Nov rotation is done? The December rotation?

LoriSax - I hope all goes well at the craft fair! I didn't know you made jewelry. Is that your full-time occupation, or a hobbie? How was LIC?

Lori in ND - Very nice combo of CW and LIC cardio! Your smoothie sounds delicious! I've really got to get back into drinking those.

Amy - The next time you try IMAX3, do the premix of intervals 6-10. That half of the workout is much more fun than the first half, IMO. Intervals 4&5 are the hardest (especially back-to-back like that!). You have a lemon tree?!?! I am BEYOND jealous!!!!! I adore lemon curd. Have you ever made that? Oh my.....And lemon meringue pie. And lemon-poppyseed cake....

Jane - we're putting up our tree today, too. I imagine the first weekend in December is a big weekend for holiday decorating. Next weekend I plan to do my Christmas baking. I'm looking forward to that, 'cause then I get to do all the holiday spoon-licking and bowl-scraping :9 Enjoy the new rotation! I agree that subbing the cardio coaches for the runs sounds like a great plan. There's a lot of running in that rotation. If I had a decent treadmill, I'd join you.

********EXCELLENT READING ALERT*********
I have to mention that I bought "YOU On a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management" by Drs. Roizen and Oz. I cannot recommend this book highly enough to the members of this group (or anyone else who eats food). They break down, very specifically, how your body digests food, and the effects it all has on your body, and how you store fat. It completely debunks the myth that being overweight is simply a result of too many calories, and too little movement. It affirms that Traci is dead-on correct when she says that *what* she eats is more important than how much she eats (you go, girl!). And it has renewed my motivation to eat clean, which is important at a time of year when there's harmful foods being offered every where you go. Beg, borrow, steal, or put this book on your Christmas wish-list!!

Have a great day,
Sandra

It took me so long to post my first email that a few of you snuck in ahead of me. So, here's to those I missed:

Wendy - nice job on the hair cut! I did that HC rotation (the fatloss one) a long time ago. It worked wonders, but I agree that it was rather intense. Not something to do frequently, IMO. I think LIC rocks, too! Good luck with the WI!

Cheryl - Excellent job on the WI!!! And you put in quite a workout today. Whew!

Buffy - Oooh, I haven't done BC in ages. That's a terrific workout, and now I wish I could run down to the basement and give it a go. But I'll restrain myself...it would finish me off, no doubt.

Okay, I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming,
Sandra

Sandra- I'm cracking up reading your post! We must be kindred spirits!!
- Thought about life swap thing last week & thought it just had to be a Catheite!
- I do Imax 3 Intervals 6-10 alot just like you suggested to Amy
- I have a lemon tree as well and poor DH gets NOTHIN' cuz I dont know how to make all the stuff he asks for whickh is EXACTLY what you mentioned
- I'm holiday baking next week as well....AND LICKING SPOONS & BOWLS TOO!
- I just finished Dr Oz book and couldnt agree with you more... Its a WONDERFUL book ... Love the humorous take on all of it and Love how even I came out w/ a greater understanding. His other book YOU: The Owners Manual is also a wonderful wish list idea.

Now that I'm done comparing our lives I need to read all the other morning posts!!!

PS: Take care of yourself...certainly sounds like a germ-ite infestation. Snuggle under covers and take it easy!

Hi all- Sounds like day is jammin along and all workouts are INTENSE today...
I completed a marathon to cathch up from yesterdays blow off and it feels great!

ABS: Obliques from 2 ab hits segments
Legs: P90X Plyo Legs + Floor work B&G
Cardio: CTX Step Intervals
Upper: P90X Back & Biceps (OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Feels great to be back in the game mentally today..... I am such a winter wimp that I get really messed up inside when it gets this cold.... But I was motivated by the group here the past few days so I made a comeback!!!! Thank you all.

BUFFY: LOL- Why are weall so darned excited when our bodys scream??? But then again I'm asking the lady who did BC + CC.... Thats just WILD

CHERYL: Awesome w/o again... CONGRATS and hugs on official WI. You rock! As far as size 0 jeans.... dont you start back pedaling on me! I dont care how the jeans are cut... you have worked so hard this year and you have made incredible strides in reshaping your body, Stand up and be proud.... You prance and dance in those size 0 and make DARN sure the tag shows too!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy: I wish I could do that Nov rotation w/ ya but I'm on day 32 of a 90 day P90X rotation so all I can do is add a bit of the new series on days I have extra energy.... I bet you love your new cut... WONDERFUL.... I have had the same basic cut for 40 years I just style it differently... I have long layers...BORING but I keep these fresh by changing my haircolor 4 times a year...Strawberry, blonde, dark brown, and whatever in betweens are that are naturally grey hilited....

JANE: LOL on changing your mind about rotations... Its really a good thing because it burns calories I think... at least thats what I tell myself because I'm famous for it!

AMY: I have a lemon tree too!!! (gets weirder & weirder the more I learn aboutyou)... This is my first year of a full crop.... Where in heavens name do all these lemons come from???? I swear theres75-100 on the tree... I'm waiting for my avacado trees to start producing tho... Those are my babies, grown from seeds and they are over 15 feet tall... supposedly if you're gonna get avacados its 4-6 years... This is year 5 for them. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Sleep Well

Sandra/Traci - I am baking next weekend too!!! I'm helping my MIL and DD is going to help too.

I have that book on my Christmas list Sandra. That one and also Framework by Dr. Nick. I just gave the titles to my daughter. My son usually calls her about three days before Christmas and asks "what are you getting mom and dad, what do you think they'd like?" Now she can provide him with my wishlist. DH is on his own:)

I did CC #1 revised version. I need to bump my intensity up some, speed and incline. It was suggested to start at lower levels to see where you are and I definitely need to take it up a few notches. Maintained an excellent HR though most of the time.

Off to get some supper ready.

I have the tree up and the house is spotless.. HOORAY!

Jane - How do you like revised CC #1? I have the original but not the revised one (I actually have all of them). I wonder if I should get it. Probably I'll wait and see if they have a holiday sale.

Buffy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.