Weight Watchers Check In SATURDAY 11/4

Hi again... Another Holiday Crafts show for me today... Will be doing AM workout BodyMax 2 Cardio Blast Premix + Afternoon P90X Legs & Back. BTW: My whole body feels really tight and sore today... P90 seems to work alot of muscles very differently than I'm used to so its all sneaking up on me today...even the "odd" cardio stuff is being felt today.. VERY EXCITING!!!

Kim: Sorry you are having freezing issues but I think you are so right, WE WILL NEED A LITTLE BREAK! I viewed mine briefly yesterday and I think I'm in for some body shock! They look very unique in terms of moves.

Cheryl: Good Luck w/ WI today! Hope dtrs night was great fun and a good bonding experience. I love doing LowMax in 2 parts.. I find I just give it my all so much more because I dont have 70 minutes ahead of me. GREAT JOB

Claude: Sorry about scale but ya know sometimes its got a mind of its own, I understand about the "head game" it plays and I am so NOT motivated by seeing things go up... Keep eyes straight ahead and say " fa-get-aboutit". Your DM Upper comment makes me think you'd REALLY enjoy P90X Strength stuff.... Did you look to see if BB had a 30 day return policy??? I wish I could somehow send you a clip of these things...Theres GOT to be someone around who owns them but never broke open the box..lolol...I used to do that alot! BTW: YES my MIL was always right there w/ DH (when he was alive) & kids Hunting, Fishing, Cleaning all of it (ewwwww). She told me that it was the only way to keep her marriage together because her DH was going to go every weekend w/ or without her!. I guess thats just a sign of tose times - shes almost 80 now and still hauls out that dang rifle and always comes home with a deer......FOREIGN WORLD TO ME! (can you say: Granny Mae on Beverly Hillbillies"?- Thats my MIL!)

Have a great day to all will check in later

Good morning Traci and all that follow...

I didn't get to check in yesterday. Long day at work and I was flat out exhausted last night. I did my 20 min run with 10 min w/u and c/d and then SM#2, took a shower and relaxed for a while before bed. I slept til 15 til 8 this morning!!! Boy do I feel better. Those 4 a.m. wake ups and 9 hour days got to me this week. I'm going to work 4 hours sometimes today. We are way behind and our boss asked if we'd put in at least 4 hours extra this weekend. I usually try to do what she asks because she is so darn good to me!

Today is LIC.... I'm excited!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Helloooooooooooooooooo! It's been at least a week since I've checked in with y'all. And you all seem to be doing fabulous.

When I last checked in, I was bemoaning the difficulty of staying OP while my mom was visiting. You were all very supportive, and I really appreciate your kind responses. I decided to just forget about trying to lose weight while Mom was here, and just went with the flow. I ate a lot of things I rarely eat. Halloween was a "treat", I have to say! I did manage to squeeze in a workout every day, so hopefully that helped some. I haven't stepped on the scale in a couple of weeks, so I don't know if any real damage was done. Denial, denial, denial....

On the lumpy-boobs issue, that's all better too. It took about a week for the tenderness and lumps to go away, and to start feeling like myself again. I think I may finally be in a non-maternal state again!! Woohoo! It's been 3 years since I've been able to say that! I can take cold medications again! I can have a glass of wine with dinner! My appetite has toned down significantly, too. I did not find it difficult to stay around the 20pt + AP mark this past week. Maybe now I'll be able to get rid of those last 7 pounds, or so.

On the downer side of things, I still don't have my new Cathe dvds!!! CK Sales sent them to my OLD address - a computer error on their part. Then, Canada Post screwed up and actually delivered them to someone - we have no idea who! Their tracking system says they were delivered on Thursday, but it wasn't to me. I'm so frustrated about this, but there's nothing to be done about it. CK Sales very quickly said they would send a replacement set, and it should arrive on Monday. I think my P90X workouts may also be arriving on Monday.

Traci - I'm glad you're enjoying the P90X weight work so much! It makes me look forward to giving them a whirl. Is the cardio not as good? Enjoy that craft show. 'Tis the season!

Jane - you had lumpy breastesses after weaning both of your children? I never had it with the first daughter, so I was really surprised this time around. I remember ages ago that you told me about your experiences with mastitis. It's not easy being a milk-producing machine, is it? But the kids are so worth it.

Corrine - I'm not sure if anyone answered your question already, but CK Sales is a Canadian distributer of fitness videos. They are located here in Edmonton, but ship all over the world. They are a husband-wife team. Very, very nice couple. If you buy through them, you don't get hit with the ridiculous custom charges. Check out their website if you like: www.CKSales.com Based on another post I briefly read, do I understand correctly that your mother does not have breast cancer?! I hope so!!!!!

Okay, today is a swim day. On Thursday I did KickMax sans leg drills, and PLB standing leg work. My hamstrings and glutes were feeling tight on Friday morning, so I did Circuit Max. By Friday night my back half was extremely tight and sore. I called it an early night, and am glad that today is an upper body day. I'd best go fuel up and get going.

Hello to the rest of the gang!

Have a great day.
Sandra

Good Morning!

Sandra- So good to hear from you! I am glad that you had a good time with your mother. I am also glad to hear that your lumpy breast issues have been solved. Enjoy the wine. I hope that your new DVDs arrive soon!

Traci- Thank you so much for the lovely package yesterday. I just didn't have the energy to say anything about it when I got it. Thanks for the lovely note as well......and right back at'cha girl! I hope that you have a lovely weekend to yourself and your new videos. I would LOVE to go Holiday Crafting with you.

I am feeling a bit better today, and I can actually sleep in larger chunks of time than 2 hrs. We will still see if I feel up to working tonight, though. If I don't then it's only counted as 1 call in against me because it's 2 days in a row.

Others I have missed. I apologize, my brain is fuzzy right now and I don't think that caffeine is a good idea yet!;-)

Good morning, ladies! Happy Saturday!

I have a free moment right now, so I thought I'd check in with my favorite support group ;).

Traci: I saw your question to me the other day--the answer is, I am working on several big projects at work right now, so it's "feast" rather than "famine" right now. I'm up for a promotion in March, and I have to really hit a home run this quarter to make it really hard for them not to do it, you know? It's a lot of pressure, but I'm just dealing with it as best I can by continuing to take care of myself.

Speaking of which, I started taking this yoga class every Sunday at a local studio. For years, I have tried to get into yoga to no avail; I'd find it either too slow or too fast or too boring--or it would either be too mystical or not mystical enough. FINALLY I found the perfect yoga class for me. It's just the right pace (not so slow that it's boring, but not so fast that it's more about being a workout than stretching out and being in touch with my mind/spirit), and the teacher has just enough mysticism to bring me closer to my spirituality, without it being so heavy-handed that it gets to be chessy. I just love it. I look forward to doing it every Sunday and it's been VITAL to me lately because of the hectic nature of work right now. It keeps me focused and less stressed (not stress-free, but definitely a lot less stressed than I would be othewise ;)).

Eating has been kind of a struggle this week. I've had a tough time staying OP, mainly because I think I got a little cocky with the 2 pound loss last week LOL. This week I maintained, which is good, I guess, but it's just frustrating because that means I'll have 5 more weeks of weight loss mode (I typically lose about 1 pound a week) instead of 4 more weeks. I know it's just one extra week, but... that's one extra week LOL! And during Thanksgiving, too. That'll be oh so fun ;).

Been doing well on the workout side, though. Now that training is over for the next few months, I've been able to do the workouts I hadn't been able to do because my training schedule was so full. Now I'm finally getting to crack open all the Cathe DVDs I ordered in the last few months! So far, I've tried:

* Boot Camp (LOVE it)
* Muscle Endurance (like it too, but I wish it were a little shorter--one hour, tops; anything longer and it means I have to sacrifice sleep, or posting in these threads LOL, to fit it all in in the morning)
* Low Max (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it)
* High Step Challenge (not sure how I feel about this one yet--I think I'll have to do it again, though I am feeling DOMS today)

I should be getting the new DVDs this week, so I can't wait to preview those and dive into them next week :). I'm thinking the next few weeks, I am going to do Boot Camp and Drill Max as my 2 strength workouts for the week, and then for my cardio, it'll be run 2 days and Low Max the other day, and of course Sundays are yoga days :).

After that, I am going to do that long-planned PUB/PLB rotation, because I'd like to concentrate on getting stronger and upping my weight usage!!

Ok, I've babbled long enough, and I have a writing class to get to, so I'd better skedaddle :).

Have a good Saturday!!

Jennifer

Hi, everyone!

Jennifer, I love Boot Camp too! It's one of my favorites. Ditto your feedback on Low Max and ME. Great workouts! And holding even after a 2 lb loss last week is not a bad thing.

Sandra, good plan on the time with your mother there. It'll all work out. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow or the stress will cause things to backfire on you.

Traci, thanks for the inspiration, as always!!

My mother/daughter night with Nadia was fun, but a bit of a disappointment - the spa had put our appointments in the computer for THURSDAY and didn't call us or notice when they didn't see us appear that night. And we drove 30 minutes to get there. So they re-set the appointments for Monday night and promised me a nice discount. She was still able to shop with her allowance and found several cute tops on clearance, so she was happy... but disappointed to have to wait until Monday for the spa treatment.

I ran 90 minutes this morning - about 8 1/2 miles. My legs are heavy and tired from all the Cathe, but I feel a level of strength building up that I haven't experienced in YEARS, so I'm happy.

Going in to WI in a few minutes here. That will probably be a disaster, but I might as well face the music and move on from here.
So much is going well. My appetite has been ravenous lately from all the workouts and there's been too much food temptation hanging around!! Glad Halloween is over.

Have a great Saturday, everyone! I'll report in on the WI later -
Cheryl

Just got back from out of town. Feeling better so I'm definitely going to work out tomorrow. My P90X was waiting for me.

Traci, Can you share the rotation you are planning with P90X and the new Cathes? I'm trying to find a way to work them all in but I'm not too good at coming up with rotations.

Thanks to all who sympathized with my illness. Glad to say its behind me now.

Buffy

Good evening ladies!

Claude--
Hang in there with the scale; I know how frustrating it can be.

Sandra--
I am pretty much guaranteed to not be OP when anyone in my family is around(eating enablers the lot of them;-) ). It's a good thing they all live across the country. It sounds like you are having an easy time adjusting to the point drop after nursing.

I couldn't. When I had my DS almost 4 years ago, I did WW as soon as I got the OK, lost 25 pounds while nursing(I nursed for a year), and as soon as I quit nursing and had to drop my points I was STARVING all the time--it never let up which is why I quit. It's still a daily struggle to eat so little, one that I falter on often. You're lucky it's not bothering you too much :)

Jennifer--
Congrats on the finding the perfect yoga class. And don't beat yourself up too much after your eating this week; I notice that I get a bit lax after a loss too.

Cheryl--
Good luck with WI!

Everyone else--
Hope you're having a great Saturday!

I got in a 3 mile run this morning. I do all my running on a treadmill and I've been messing with the programs when I run. I'm really enjoying the workout I get when I do hills.

I previewed Butts and Guts yesterday and Body Max 2 today--both have the freezes but they are still doable until the new DVDs are ready. Holy cardio in Body Max--lots and lots of it. I can't wait until Monday to try one of them. And the premixes for both DVDs look good too. I think that is my second favorite thing about Cathes workouts--the great premixes and options she gives you for getting a lot of milage out of each DVD. My favorite thing are just the workouts in general--they are the most challenging, well cued workouts I have ever done. Cathe is my hero, truly.

Off to do my evening writing(I'm particpating in Nanowrimo this month--50000 words in a month).

Sorry this is so long:p
Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.