Weight Watchers Check In- Saturday 11/18

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Just trying to let Traci sleep in a bit!!:7

Well, it's 0245, and I just helped a co-worker bathe a patient that pulled her IV out and proceeded to "leak" all over the bed.....while trying to keep my white shirt white!!! And people wonder why I refuse to wear white pants!

Anyway, the DOMs are layering in BIG time and it's not even 12 hrs out from my workout!

Ooh, I'm hungry, I guess it's time to break out the lunch....lentil soup with chicken and spinach salad!

Good morning Amy.... congrats on the DOMS! YUM lentil soup with chick and spinach salad! Sounds wonderful!

I do admire those who work in the clinical setting in healthcare. I'm not on that end of it and don't know if I could do it. I was a phlebotomist years ago at one point and saw what the nurses have to do. You are made out of something the rest of us aren't.

I did well yesterday with staying OP and did DrillMax and SM#2. Today is KPC and I may try to get B&G in too to catch me up on the rotation. I have to take off tomorrow to do something with DD.

Have a wonderful Saturday everybody!

>I do admire those who work in the clinical setting in
>healthcare. I'm not on that end of it and don't know if I
>could do it. I was a phlebotomist years ago at one point and
>saw what the nurses have to do. You are made out of something
>the rest of us aren't.
>
I have to laugh because there was one night that the pharmacy tech came up to change out our patient medication drawers and noticed a particularly trying patient. She mentioned something about how she just couldn't do what we do and asked how we did it. I took her aside and told her, "Honey, it's call 'wine of the month' club and I belong to 3 of them!!!" She laughed! I *have* found that since I started exercising regularly, I don't drink nearly as much as I used to. At one time I was putting away at least 2-3 bottles of wine a week! Now I am lucky if I finished one in 2 weeks! Well, I guess it all depends on the week!;-)

Jane- Great job on the workout. I really like SM#2! Heck, I like all of SM! I have yet to do any of the new workouts 'as written', but I love the mish-mosh I came up with!

Good Morning Amy & jane!!!! I like not being the only one up early around here.... :7

GREAT NEWS! This morning weigh in broke my 132/133 plateau!!! I am now in the 131 range: WOOHOO. Maybe it really was just new muscle growth holding onto water.... YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yesterday was P90X Plyometrics (leg/cardio) so I added DrillMax Cardio Leg Blast... PERFECT COMPANION! I hadnt realized how plyo Drill Max really is! Now keep in mind that I had to take a food break between the two as each burned over 500 calories! My legs are noodles this morning! Thank goodness its P90 Shoulders & Arms. I am adding Amy Bentos All Pump (same body parts) and her new HiLo Extreme Premix ALL INTERVALS (33 minutes)

Cheryl: I see your job as ultra exciting but really it does make such a diff in who we work for. I had a boss for 10 years that took great pride in rattling my cage before every monthly meeting I was leadingx( Corporate America at its finest! STAY STRONG!

Jane: Enjoy KPC lady & your day off tomorrow... had to lol in yesterdays post ..never a day off for moms and wives. CONGRATS & HUGS on your grandson news!!! Do I see you reaching for that credit card already????

Amy: I made a big crockpot of Lentil Veggie Soup yesterday....YUMMY since its cold this week )40-75 is cold to me! ha
I am going to have to stop reading your posts tho cuz YOU KNOW all my workouts (except Cardio )are collecting dust til Jan when my P90 rotation is over and you're making me really want to pull out my Jari's!!!!!! I cant break not yet!!!!!! Maybe next week I can do just 1 as its a recovery week but we're not suppose to do any strength! Maybe I'll do the Ripped 1000 with 3# weights... :+
Cracked me up about the "white"... Ever since I was a kid I've wondered why medical uniforms are white... makes no sense to me... surely a "hospital color" would be better... Yellow, Brown, Red....:7

Back later once I have more coffee- feeling a little loopy this AM!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Traci, you go girl. Soon those skinny pants you were sporting are going to be too loose!!! Keep up the great work!!

I like your idea about the colors for hospital employees. There are days that I think that brown would be the best color to wear.....don't ask, you don't want to know.....just use your imagination;-) }( ;-) }( :p :+ :7 .

I have never had Lentil soup until I made it the other day, and I love it! I know how you mean about the "cold" weather! Although we were reported to have frost warnings Thursday night. 40's is definitely chilly!

No more coffee for me! I usually cut myself off at midnight or I am never going to get to sleep this morning! I think that SF Hot chocolate is in order, though.:9

Good Morning!!!

Whoah, Traci that's wonderful news. I love it when the scale cooperates.

Today I'm doing P90X legs and back. I'm going out shopping and to lunch with DH. I'm going to try to add some cardio in later.

Eating went ok yesterday. Ate about 24 pts. which was good because I had about 7-8 APs.

Going to stay op today if it kills me.

Buffy

Buffy: Love your w/o today...shoot I love'm all ('cept that nasty yoga!) Youll do great OP today... remember too that 1 day of not being OP is sometimes good for the body and can keep things shakin' up a bit! Have a wonderful time shopping and eating and being with DH

Traci - HAPPY DANCE!! on your WI! WOOHOO!!!!

Let's see now....

KPC - check
B&G - check

Hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow! Can't believe how much easier KPC seemed this morning!! Of course, I counterbalanced that with how much HARDER B&G was after my LB and glutes were pre-exhausted from KPC.

I now have fanny failure!:+

Hi, everyone!

Amy, sounds like you're having a reasonably good day so far. Lentil soup with chicken and spinach salad - yum.

Traci, major happy dance on the 131!!! I am so jealous (sort of but not really: :) :) That 129-131 range for me is the big transition. That's the point where you're within close reach of GREAT. You are doing so well and you are such an inspiration.

I've decided to pass on meeting and WW today. The stress at work drove me into a little chocolate episode last night. The Cathe lifestyle is making me so happy and giving me so much progress I can see - but I just don't want to step on the scale offically this week.

In fact, I may not stress too much more about my weigh-ins between now and about Dec. 18... this is my peak season of the year for work stress, and just doing fabulous workouts and holding even may be the goal I need to strive for between now and then.

Today I ran for 1 hour 20 min. I'm feeling a cold trying to settle into my chest, so the run was decent, but not great. I'm thinking of adding an upper body and abs split this morning - maybe Gymstyle back/shoulders/biceps coupled with B&G Bonus abs. Then tomorrow I'll do cardio - either LIC, Rythmic step or Cardio Fusion.

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Cheryl: Oh I hope your cold doesnt hit ya any harder than it has... NICE run lady! Thanks for such kind words
Good for you on not adding additional stressors to your peak time! I think its very "healthy" for you to just focus on work, workouts and taking the time daily for yourself. By not obsessing about scale (which we all know is a LIAR!) you may just surprise yourself when you do an official WI later. You really do take care of yourself in every way, thats very motivating to all of us.

Jane: IMPRESSIVE WORKOUT! I just crack up at how much you work your buns... Buns of Steel ladys got NOTHING on you!

Thanks Traci...:)

Sandra - just wanted to let you know I am going in there right now and look at Cardio Fusion. I'll post the breakdown for you in a little bit.

Sandra - here it is...

The DrillMax part of CF...

#1 the traveling hops/defensive squats/line taps - times two
#2 lateral skates/ski jumps, jumping off and on step
#3 drill with the stability ball - done twice
#4 jacks/plyo jacks w/jumps off and on step, fast feet around the step
#5 jumping and bounding - all three sets
#6 football drill with straddle runs - times two/squat thrusts with tuck jump and jumping on and off step (no power scissors with the ball)

She then goes into the BM2 stretch....

Here's the breakdown for the w/o from the back of the DVD...

9 1/2 min BM2 w/u
6 min BM2 two finished combos
11 min LIC bonus combo
16 min BM2 power circuits (no wts)
22 min six DM drills
7 min BM2 stretch

She instructs you to do three minutes of light movement after the DM drills before going to the stretch.

HTH....

Hi everyone,

Teddygirl - You've had the SJP/SB dvd for months now, and you've only done SB once? I'm astonished. Obviously everyone has different preferences, but I think this is my most used dvd. It's definitely the one I'd take to a desert island. As long as that island had a dvd player. The premixes are exceptional. I hope you enjoyed your workout!

Buffy - good luck with you lasagna dinner tonight. I think the roasted veggies idea is a great one.

Claude - Down 2.2 pounds?! Awesome!!! As with Amy's wayward pound, you must also find and anihilate the 2.2. It's only through measures like this that we can prevent the obesity epidemic from spreading. Your working from home sounds exactly like my working from home. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets very little work done :) . Your lunch y-day sounds so delicious! I'm going out for lunch today. I hope they have something like that on the menu.

Jane - DM and SM2 sounds like a lovely, lovely workout. I like any workout that ends with a thorough stretch :). That is so sweet that you're going to have a grandson. April can't come soon enough, I'm sure. Do you live near your son/daughter-in-law? Will you get to spoil that baby on a frequent basis? If Cathe created a "breezy" workout, I'm sure it would be called BreezeMax, and would be anything but easy LOL! You've mentioned this thing with DD a couple of times, and have me all curious now as to what it is? KPC and BG in the same day?! <Jaw dropping>. Ouch. You are a wonderful, wonderful person for doing the CF thing for me. Of is it that you just don't want me to miss out on all the torture the rest of you are put through? LOL!

Cheryl - Very, very interesting work you do. You call this other person a "partner", yet she sounds like she's trying to call the shots. Do you mean partner in the equal sense of the term? Did you and she found this agency together? I'm very in awe of you, if that's the case. You're doing what I would love to be doing. I was reflecting last night that my current life is nothing like I'd always imagined it would be at this point. Your plan for the next month sounds very reasonable. And if you lose anything, it's just a delightful little bonus.

Amy - OMG about the leaking patient! I think I'd need a little somethin' somethin' to help me get through nights like that. Your lunch sounds dynamite.

Traci - Another insane workout by you yesterday and today :) :) I'm so happy you've broken your plateau!!!!! WOOHOO!!! You might have to be putting those skinny pants in the dryer on high, just so they fit you. I'm glad to hear one day being off plan can be beneficial. Ihad my oven fixed yesterday, and decided to make a cake to see if it was working right. I know, I can rationalize anything. And since I made the cake, I had to partake of the cake. I love cake.

This morning was my swim day. I had a decent swim. I wasn't feeling really revved up about it, but of course I feel worlds better for having done it. One of my favourite aspects of swimming is the socialization with other people who are fitness buffs. I know very, very few people in real life who exercise on a regular basis, and who are motivated to challenge themselves. Most people I know view exercise with disdain. I usually don't even mention my workouts to most people, because it's like we're on different planets when it comes to exercise. That's why I like this group so much. Thanks for being a nice place for me to come, to talk about something that is so meaningful to me, and is probably the most rewarding element in my life right now. You guys are a wonderful bunch!

Have a great day,
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.