Weight Watchers Check In- Saturday 10/21

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
I second Jennifer.....YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!!!!
I apologize for the dramatics last night!! It was all a combination of frustration, wanting someone to tell me what to do (instead of having to figure it out for myself!) and a couple glasses of wine!!!;-)

I know that I am doing really good with everything, but it's just difficult to find motivation to keep going when you have to step on the scale in public and it's either not going anywhere or going up!!! Then you have to face someone asking whether or not you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Then when you say, "yes" you get a blank look because they are at a loss as well!

Something I have been playing with is trying to find a sports nutritionist around this area and seeing if they have some advice. Not that I think that I am not eating right, I just want to make sure that I am eating enough vs too much, etc. I think that it would help to find out from someone face to face, especially since Cathe's workouts are so athletic! Speaking of athletic, tonight I did MM (I think that I will switch up my workouts back to the alternating cardio/weights from the cardio/circuits), hoping to keep my caloric burn to 300-400 calories....well, MM was STILL 540 calories!

Oh, another NSV---I dug some work pants out of the closet tonight that I bought last year (size Medium) and have been trying them on periodically. Anyway, tonight was the first time that I actually considered wearing them to work!!! The actually fit! I would like them to be just tad looser around the thighs, but all in all, I was very happy!!!

Anyway- On to personals...

Traci- Thank you so much, I wish that I could just hug you!!! I hope that your knee is starting to behave! I hope that your new rotation works out!
Claude- I am so glad that your back was unlocked. Double bonus that it was by a cute therapist....Triple bonus that the massage therapist noticed your new workouts working!!!
Buffy- Congratulations on your loss!!! I had to laugh because after my WW meeting Thursday night, I took sushi home to eat with DH!!!:D
Teddygirl- Awesome run!!! I am going to go for a jog tonight when I get up, but will try to keep it around 3.5 miles (instead of the 4.5 in the past few weeks), that usually takes me about 50 min or so (more of a wog than anything!) I am very sorry about your day yesterday! I hope that it all gets better! I completely understand about the "stress" eating!
Lori-Welcome!!!
Jennifer- I need to get a body fat measurement done...I guesstimated by how the Navy does it ((waist measurement+hip measurement)- neck measurement=number then on a scale for your height = your body fat) and it came out to about 33%. We will see when I get it done "professionally". Keep up the good work on the runs!!
Sandra- I hope that your DD doesn't wake up at 0315 again this morning!

I think that this novel about covers it! And the DOMS are layering it! I had to laugh because my arms were a touch on the "noodly" side tonight and I had to check to make sure my makeup was on straight when I got done!!! My arms were trembling while I was putting it on! It felt really good!

Morning Amy & all to follow!
Yesterday did Upper / Abs of Power Hour and I am FRIED! I can tell that I have only been doing circuits because I lifted heavier than I do in circuits and I'm toast! Went to Mexican place for date night and ended the day w/ 40 points total...not too bad as usually I copuld do the 40 just at dinner!

Today is Lower Mish Mosh of BB. Plyo Legs, Thin Thighs, Great Buns and Total Body Stretch. This will be perfect as none of the lower are BBell workouts- I doubt I could even lift a BB today!

My knee is a little stiff but its really getting better each day I am back on Glucosamine... that is miracle stuff for me! I only feel a twinge in it when I turn a little funny so when I did RS the other night I used no risers, didnt do all her floor turns and kept it low impact...was still a 500+ cal burn.

Amy: 1 thing I wanted to remind you of- HRM - your user stats (your weight) need to be updated once in awhile) I forgot to do mine and 8 pounds later I remembered... YES you do burn fewer calories as you lose weight! darn it!

Going to go read afternoon and evening posts from yesterday and will be back w/ personals!

Personals!

Amy: So happy things are looking a bit more in focus this AM... HOORAY on the pants victory! I love when that happens!!!

Jennifer: You are so right- this board is indeed a blessing imn my life as well. Great idea going to nutritionist! Do share what words of wisdom she may have! I think "feeling hungry" is so subjective... I feel hungry (like I could eat a lttle something)most of the time but if I get busy w/ soemething I forget about it... The other end of that scale is where my mood goes to h*ll and I drop things and I cant think straight... That too is feeling hungry but definitely in dangerous territory! I wish I coulfd get a better handle on the inbetween hunger but for some reason its one extreme or another for me.

Cheryl: LOL, think I could have figured out TM huh????? Your pre-sets sound terrific! Wish I could remember how to use mine but book got thrown out years ago on a cleaning spree!

Kirsten: I think 5#s isnt so bad w/ major stressors + no exercise! Remember too that we tend to hold onto wt when our bodies are in that fight or flight survival mode.... maybe some meditation time even 15 minutes in AM and PM might do wonders!

Claude: Hope your D/O was awesome! After reading your latest post I do feel the need to ask the sensitive question we all really want to know:
Do you REALLY have back problems or perhaps your little eye candy cutie pie that caresses and strokes your hammys and calves ever so gently while whispering :you are so hot" in your ear is just a little EXCUSE to say you have back problems.... I only ask my friend because after thinking about your post last nite I woke up w/ a sore back....Where did you say you lived???????? }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }(

Good Morning!!

Amy, the fact that your pants are looser proves that although the scale might not show it you are definitely getting smaller. When all is said and done, that's the point really. I know how you feel, however, I really like to see that scale move. I have a pair of jeans I haven't worn in years. I might try them on next week.;)

Traci, that's quite a workout you have planned for yourself. Whoah, I'm tired just thinking about it.

Yesterday I ended up doing CC #1 in the evening after I had already done CC#3 and PUB earlier. I also did windsor pilates abs. I earned 9 AP's and I used everyone of them at dinner (plus 2 flexies.)

Today, I want to do some kind of step. Can't decide, maybe Viper. Haven't done that one in a while.

Have a great day to all feller WW'ers!!

Buffy

Traci- Thanks for the HRM reminder. I actually hadn't changed the weight in the monitor for when I lost the 2 lbs, but now I am back to where it was programmed. Anyway, I think that you may be on to something with Claude!!! I wouldn't mind a strong, well muscled cutie to stroke my hammies every once in a while!:7

Buffy- Thanks!!! Good luck with the jeans....I pulled some old Gap's out a while ago and they are pretty baggy now, not that I am complaining!:D

I had to laugh....totally off the subject. My dad is a beekeeper, so we have honey around all the time. Anyway, I recently started using more of it (no more than a TBS a day at the most, and most of the time, not even that) and DH keeps fussing at me to put it away (it's never "away" at mom and dad's house!). I didn't realize why until the other night when I had left it out and I found my cat, Jellibean licking the side of the bottle! It turns out that Beaner LOVES honey!!! Good thing it's not bad for him!!!:7 :7 :9 :7 :7

Tonight will be a wog if the weather cooperates.

I hope that everyone else has a good day!

Buffy: You are really quite the CC Poster Child! You might be able to turn it into a $$ making PR Job! Lets call Sean and let him know that your enthusiasm alone is worth probably 10 grand to him a year...Wheres your cut????

Amy: Beekeeper...COOL JOB! I just love all the shows on TLC or Discovery Channel that look inside all these jobs we never think about.... Beaner is a cutie! He loves honey cuz mommy loves honey! Gotta get a pic of him taking a little taste!

LOL Traci, so true that "feeling hungry" can mean different things ;). For me, I can usually tell the difference between just wanting to eat and really feeling hungry--because I get the shakes when I'm truly hungry. You know that sort of light-headed feeling you get, and your hands start shaking? That's my sure sign that I'm hungry. I think my blood sugar just spikes and drops throughout the day instead of keeping fairly steady--that tells me I'm not spreading out my calories enough, or not eating the right kind of in-between snacks to keep me sustained. Sometimes I'm so fixated on the points that I forget to look at the nutrition of the food I'm eating! As long as it keeps me OP, I don't really think about it. Probably not the ideal thing...

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know I'll be MIA for the next few days. I'll be in San Francisco for the Nike Marathon & Half Marathon and won't have my computer with me, so I'll check in with you guys either Monday or Tuesday... Everyone have a great weekend!!

Jennifer

Ha ha! Ho ho! It's a great day! I went to my swim training session this morning, and had a wonderful swim. I think I'm meant to live in the water. I can't believe how fast the hour goes. Today the president of the city's triathalon club showed up for the swim, and afterwards she asked me if I was interested in doing a triathalon!! You could have knocked me over with a feather. I was always the last one picked for the team in school, so to have someone come up and actually ask me to join was outside the parameters of my world. I didn't know what to say. I gulped out a "maybe?". They're starting their spin classes in a week or so - I've always wanted to try one of those.....

So, I was feeling rather invincible on my drive home, smug in my physical superiority, when I took a large gulp of water and choked on it. It took all my control not to spray the water all over the inside of the vehicle, while still staying in my lane. I hacked and coughed for about 10 kms, with tears running down my face, thinking how ironic it would be if I drowned driving home from my swim class. And I have been properly humbled. :+

Amy - I enjoyed reading your novel. And I've finally figured out what NSV means - Non Scale Victory. Right?? If so, then I had one of those this morning (see above :) ). I can't believe MM burned 500+ calories for you. Wow. I've got to get one of those heartrate thingie-dingies. If you're interested, Nancy Clark has a book on sports nutrition that I really like. It's very informative. I know what you mean about wanting feedback specific to you, though. Maybe a local fitness centre will have someone who can have a nutritional session with you? I love the name of your cat! That's adorable. And I, too, tend to lick the sides of the honey jar. Purrr.

Traci - I'm glad your knee is under control. Did you read that book that Cathe's doctor put out, the one she went on GMA to promote with him?

Claude - I love hearing about the comment from your PT!! Almost makes me want to do GS Legs once a week for the next 6 months. Almost ;-)

Buffy - Ooooh, the Viper! I think that's the hardest of the three Terminators. I always find that by the middle of the 3rd circuit I'm ready to wind it down, but I persevere, and once I get into the 4th circuit I've pulled it out of my reserves, and I'm having a great time. Enjoy!

Jennifer - HAVE A GREAT RUN!!!! I hope your restraint this past week pays off!

Kirsten - Glad to see you back. I give you so much credit for trying to squeeze in some workouts when you have so much other stuff to deal with. Lots of people would use it as a reason to quit.

Cheryl - You almost make TM running sound fun. Do you ever use those CC's that Buffy loves so much?

Hello to everyone else! Have a great day! I have 9 flexies to use up on the last day of my WW week, plus about 4-5 APs from today's swim, so tonight's dinner at a friend's house should be pleasurable. They have a new hot tub in their back yard and have invited us to come for dinner and a soak. Delightful.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi, everyone -

Sandra, no, I've never tried CC - but I have an iPod Nano that is my salvation. That and CNN running in front of me with the t.v. on caption, like at the gym. So there's enough to hold my attention, and the preprogram forces me to keep pace and shows me how much time is left and how many calories I've burned. Always a motivation.

Sandra, I'm laughing at your description of your "near drowning" on the way home from the club. Yuck!!! But it's funny now that you're home and you're safe :)

Amy, so glad to hear you feeling more chipper this morning. I'd take 2" down on my waist any day of the week!

Claude, sounds like you're having a very good day.

I ran 7 miles this morning. I realized the past 3 weeks of Cathe and TM have really helped my running. It felt great. I came home and did Cathe Timesaver #5, (legs, glutes and abs) for 48 minutes and am contemplating finishing up with another 45 min TM run since I took a complete rest day yesterday and am now feeling great.

Also made a deal to buy Cathe Terminator and Hardcore Extreme from someone on the Ya Ya boards this morning. Yikes! But I really like what those workouts are doing for me. I couldn't have done any of this 6 months ago.

I didn't go to WW this morning... decided to sit a week out of WI since I weighed at home this morning and my weight was exactly the same as last week. Aaagh! I'll have to work extra hard this next week. But I'm still down 6 lbs for the first 3 weeks of this 12 week challenge and feeling some good improvements this week. I'll just have to stay the course.

Have a great Saturday afternoon, everyone!
Cheryl

Traci - Yeah I do love my cardio coach. So fun and burns a ton of calories. The other day I though my TM was broken, I almost had a heart attack. Luckily, it was just unplugged. Whew!!!

Sandra - I know exactly what you mean about the Viper. On the 3rd circuit, I was thinking I wasn't going to make it, but, somehow I did.

Cheryl - Your IPOD Nano is perfect for cardio coach. I honestly don't make a commission or anything. Just trying to spread the wealth. Try it, you'll LOVE it.

Going to dinner at a friends tonite. I'm sure I'll use all 9 of my AP's and a few flexies for sure.

Enjoy you evening.

Buffy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.