Weight Watchers Check In- Monday 11/13

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Hey now, it's Monday, granted only by 11 minutes, but still Monday!!!!

Anyway, I slept good again today, did the earphone trick. DH is having a bad weekend because the weather is changing, so he was in bed with me all day.....watching the Star Wars marathon on Cinemax.

Still have hammie DOMS, but was able to do all of Muscle Max. Granted I still had to do about 75% regular weight, but was able to finish ALL the squat and lunge low-ends....a first for me!!! I have never been able to complete them as written before! It felt really good and HRM still said 639 cal burned!

DH wanted pizza tonight and since I am trying to really stick to clean eating, I told him "no", but I found a Chicken sausage "Heavenly Bistro" pizza in the freezer (got them about a year ago...only 250 cal/serving, 4 gm fat, 4 gm fiber) that I jazzed up with some extra LF cheese and some canned mushrooms. It was very tasty and not greasy at all!! I am also waiting for my shipment of Pizza Fit-n-Free (got the internet address of Dotti's site), which looks very interesting. The site says that each 7" pizza is 250 cal/no fat/no sugars....we'll see.

I ended up mentioning my wt loss that that patient...but I didn't bring it up, per se. The mother was complimenting me on my necklace and I used it as a segue-way into using jewelry and such to reward myself for when I reach my wt loss goals. The mother asked me further about it and how I had done it, so I talked about WW and exercising/weight lifting and that the aforementioned necklace as my 50lb loss reward, and I had another necklace at home with semi-precious stones in it that I got for 60 lb loss. I then mentioned that I was rewarding myself this Wednesday with a facial for reaching 70 lb loss. The mom then said, "that's so inspiring for her" and looked at the patient....who was sleeping!!! Oh, well, I tried!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Traci- Sorry that your first impressions were confirmed about yoga. Like I said, I have yet to "get" it either! Also sorry about your "me" weekend was cut very short! I totally understand about needing your space!

Today is a rest day. May do a bit of stretching due the DOMs, but I usually end up just tanking it and not doing a thing! I am excited because I am scheduled for a facial on Wednesday (and a first for me.....a bikini wax!) I always like it when my face is nice and clean and shiny!

Jennifer- I hope that your meeting with the nutritionist goes well!! Keep up the good work.

More personals later......

Good Morning Amy and Ladies to follow,

I enjoy reading your bedside nursing stories Amy as I am also a nurse who has long left direct patient care to be a nurse liaison/marketing for a large teacing hospital in Boston. God bless you for your work. I would not be able to return for all the money in the world. For one thing, I could never adjust to night shifts!

Yesterday I did Cardio Fusion and just loved it. Only got through half of the Drill Max drills towards the end as I ran out of time.

TTOM, hard not to feel overweight and bloated (same ole story) but I have been so vigilent with nutrition that I'll just look forward to next week's progress.

I am about to try Drill Max for the first time...5:30 a.m., hope I can get through it!

X

Happy Monday ladies!
Sounds like the weekend was highly successful and enjoyable for all!
I have Kenpox (Kick) + Legs & Back (didnt get to yesterday) on for today. My ttom is just about out of the way so I am feeling strong this morning... well that + a full 9 hours of sleep :)

Jennifer: LOL Hope your Sunday YOGA experience was wonderful! LowMax on 8" OH MY I am impressed.... I dont think I could ever do that - I am just too much of a clutz.... Maybe when Santa brings me the ful size Club Step I'll feel "safer". Good luck w/ Nutritionist... I hope shes a good one ! Then you can become OUR local nutritionist;-)

Sandra: LOL Unless I was talking to you guys pre-coffee Ya never heard me say I liked anything about Yoga... Its really weird to because I meditate, chant, do all the phooey-doie (as DH says) stuff and yet YOGA just taint my thing! Glad you shared about swimming because I was saddened to think that Mr Aqua Hunk had moved on and so you stopped attending}(

Cheryl: Thanks for suggestion on Yoga substitute... I am a bit baffled because some say its a great stretch, some say its got cardio benefit & some say its for strength.... kinda hard to find a sub! If any of you P90 ers actually do the entire 92 minutes please let me know what you felt its "purpose" was and then I can feel comfortable that I can find a replacement. Also have made note to self to avoid DMax & B&G on consecutive days:+

Buffy: Good plan incorporating P90 eating plan slowly... I'm doing fat shredder as well but am still not up to the 1800 a day. I am averaging between 1500 on low days and 1700 on high days and finding that I am fueled quite well to handle the program... I'm not lifting 80 pounds either so maybe thats why I feel good w/ lower cals. I so want to be out of the 130's by end of the month... Just mentally it will be a major burst for me... Seems like I've been in 130's for ages although I know that 13 weeks ago I was in 140/s ... just need a big victory to help me during Xmas parties & baking time.

AMY: I just may have to get out DH hunting headphones! What a picture that has engraved in my mind! GREAT JOB on MMax! You are a caolorie burning queen! Wonderful about patient too! Had to LOL maybe she actually headr the talk in her sub consconsous.

MadamX: Glad to hear you liked Cardio Fusion... That will be on hold for awhile for me as I need to master are all the DVDs its made up of... I get to do Drill Max for first time tomorrow! I'm excited because from day 1 this has looked like its going to be my favorite.

Have a great day all!

Hi, everyone!

Wow, Amy, you're up early (or late) - I loved the story about your bedside chat with your patient :) I'm glad you tried. Maybe later she will wake up and you can try again! :)

MadamX - So glad Cardio Fusion is good. I can't wait to try it!

Traci, good luck on Drill Max! I really liked that one, even though it made my bum hurt. I think it was the wall squats (heh, heh)

This morning I had to start early because I'm driving kids to school. I did LIC for the first time (as per Cathe's November rotation.)

I love it! Didn't need any modifications and got it the first time, even with the music louder option. No skipping (I realize I probably have an advantage since the XBox I'm running them on is a Sony product - duh!) :) I used the 6" step for the first time through, but I think I'll use the 8" step next time. Shouldn't be any problem.

The 70 minute length was just right.

Have a great morning, everyone!!
Cheryl

I had a 8:00 a.m. dentist appt. this morning so I had to get up at 5:00 to workout. I did P90X Chest & Back. I think I worked harder this time than the first time I did this one. I now have a pull up bar and push up bars. I really like the push up bars, I think I felt them more. Still on my knees; trying to work up to my toes. The pull up bar was tough. I kept one foot on the bench for this one. I'll be happy the day I can finally do one unassisted pullup. Someday.

Eatingwise yesterday I went over to a friends house and I consumed many more points than I wanted. She made homemade apple dumplings and I felt compelled to eat one even though I tried not to. Well, I only ate 1/2 actually. Still I reached 38 pts. yesterday. Had to use quite a few flexies.

Today, I'm going to be extra good and stay at my usual 20-22 pts.

Enjoy your workouts.

Buffy

Morning Cheryl & Buffy!

Cheryl: 70 minutes "Just Right" you crack me up! GREAT WORKOUT

Buffy: WooHoo on the new bars!!!! Did ya feel like the hulk??? I know people w/ AWESOME backs that still need assistance w/ Pull ups... I bet you'll be able to do a few in a month! Maybe that can be your Christmas Card picture this year

I got Legs & Back completed... worked harder the second time around as I didnt have to look at tv as much.... LOVE this leg workout!! SCREAMIN again!
I have to wait a bit to throw in KENPO X cuz' a nasty Sinus headache hit this morning... our weather has been like 5 days really warm with 2 days cold so the plants are in full bloom all year round just like last year ....DIE RAGWEED DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am planning on using my 2# weighted gloves this time w/ KENPO just to see how it feels... Because it is a true Kickbox Drills DVD the gloves may be too much on the shoulders, will take it slow & see.

I'm BUMMED! My HRM battery died on me and the quickest turnaround time from Polar dealer is 6 weeks........So I did something I cannot believe I did... I bought a new one from Amazon on 2 day shipping (hangs head in shame as children starve all over the world)... I figure that this way I will never be without one again. In 6 months I'll reapir the one I have and then when next battery dies I'll have one. Re-Read the book and they said that with 2 hour a day usage life of battery is max 2 years... I'm right on schedule for a new one.

Back later....have a great day all!

Traci-:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 "hanging head in shame as children starve all over the world"!!! I only laugh because I was just checking my history on my HRM and had a fleeting thought as to what would happen if my battery died!!! If so, I have it all planned out......a break-neck emergency run to Sports Authority for a new one!!!

I had to laugh at Traci's comments about "awesome backs".....you know, can I be honest (rhetorical question, btw)? I still catch myself doing double takes sometimes when I see myself in the mirror, especially when I am undressing or dressing. I was undressing this morning when I got home and as I just have to get the compression stockings off first (they drive me nuts after wearing them for 14-15 hrs!!!), so I tend to undress before removing my jewelry. So, this morning, I found myself nekked from the waist up, reaching up to remove my necklace when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and see beautiful lat muscles, lovely shaped shoulders, and biceps actually showing!! So I turn around and start flexing in the mirror (DH was NOT in the room!) and am amazed to see scapular muscles, traps showing, etc! Even after working on this for 2 years, I am still taken aback and the marvelous changes that Cathe has helped me to make in myself (now if I could just get this belly pooch gone!;-) ).

Cheryl- I wasn't up early or late, that was "noon" for me!:7 I, too, enjoy the 70 min timeframe for a workout. 60 just does't seem long enough for some reason and closer to 90 I start feeling like it's too much!

Traci- hope the HRM comes in fast!!!

More personals after a nap!;-)

:7 :+ OK- Its a done deal.... Buffys Christmas cards are a pic of her doing a pull up (unassisted by chair of course!) And Amys Christmas card is a pic of her flexing her back muscles while in compression hose!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

No, the compression hose will be off....but the elastic marks will be showing on my thighs!!!;-) ;-) ;-) }( :D :p :+ :7

Hi everyone -
What a weekend - B&G on Saturday was followed by about 6 hours of yard work. Can you say DOMS!!!??? }(

Yesterday I did CC#4 on the TM at the gym - felt like I hadn't been there in ages. I loved it. Quiet, productive weekend. Started crossing off those projects on our to-do list. Felt really good, but the DOMS stayed with me ALL DAY.

This am was BM2 Cardio Premix. Yep, I'm in love with this one. I wasn't sure I'd get through it all because I'm still sore from B&G on Saturday!! But I did - }( .

Amy - at least you tried with that heavy patient. As Sandra said, maybe it sunk in subconsciously. Had to smile about the seeing muscles in the mirror comment. I was doing the same thing on Saturday.

Traci - I don't get nearly enough alone time so I can certainly understand your frustration with DH coming home early. Boy you are just loving the P90X rotation - I so hope DH got me mine!

Sandra - glad all the germies are gone and you're all doing better. Tell DH to stop messing with the electricity!

Buffy - Thank you for the additional details on P90X. I'm looking forward to it even more now! Sometimes an hour is all I've got, sounds like P90X will fit into my routine perfectly.

I've got to get back to work so I'll try to sign on later for more personals. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige:D

Morning All,

What a relaxing weekend I had, don’t have lots of time I’m just getting to work I had a doctor appointment. I talked about all my issues including not being able to sleep. Guess what? I’m going to live x( ;( ;)

This morning, I did (first time) and LOVEEEEEEED Cardio Fusion, man oh man, what a workout DAM it felt great :p :p I love the music too. However, I too ran out of time this morning and didn’t have time to complete Drill 5&6. But, your talking about someone that was pooped afterwards me...me...me.

I’ll talk you guys soon.

Teddygirl~

Traci - good job on legs and back. I love this one too. BTW, I have a Polar HRT and my battery died a couple of months after I got it. I just took to a jewelry store and they put a new one in for me. I think its just a regular watch battery. Yours might be different though.

Claude - ok now your getting ready to tackle P90X. Yipee!

Buffy

Good Monday morning!

Buffy - Don't worry; I'm pretty sure I'll like P90X. I've heard such good things about it from so many people on these forums. And all those things you mentioned yesterday about them being truly 1 hour, having lots of rest built in, changing exercises frequently - I like all that very much. And I like hearing how well you're doing. Keep posting about it. It's very motivational!

Jane - I counted BG as moderate, too. I may have to hit SB for one of those peppermint mochas. I love mint-chocolate coffee.

Amy - DOH!!! What a great conversation....if only she'd been awake to hear it!! Well, maybe her mother will start talking to her about it. It's hard to believe no one's suggested WW to her before. Those bathroom mirror moments really make it all seem worthwhile, don't they?

X - Have fun with DM! I did it at 5:30am today, too. And have lived to tell about it.

Tarci - Yup, I guess it was another poster somewhere on the forums who mentioned the yoga thing. Personally I love yoga and have been doing it for years. I don't keep track or anything; just whenever I feel the need for a thorough stretch I'll pop in whichever workout suits my time and mood. However, I'm not sure I've got the patience for a 92 minute routine. 40-45 minutes is usually my max. How many pounds have you lost since you started WW, and how long ago did you start it? Regardless of whether you hit the 120s by the end of the month, I'm sure you still look absolutely fabulous where you are now. Be proud of yourself and all the hard work it's taken to get where you are. And wear those skinny pants you told us about last week }( I LOL about your pull-up Xmas card comment. That's perfect. 6 weeks to get a new HRM battery?! Are these not available at your local running/sporting goods store?

Cheryl - How'd you like those bicep curls with the band? Those were a really nice, challenging change which I like very much. I did really well with that workout, but will admit that the uneven push ups at the end got me good. The step portions of that workout are a lot of fun. I have the cardio timesaver on tap for tomorrow, and am really looking forward to it.

Teddygirl - so glad to hear you're going to live!! We would miss you, otherwise. Did s/he have any advice to help you sleep better?

Claude - when do you plan to do P90X? And the germies aren't all gone, unfortunately ;( Everyone else is healing, but over the weekend my sinuses started filling up a bit, and my left ear has fluid in it. It hurt for a bit on Saturday, but now just feels like I have water trapped in it. It affects my balance a bit when I first get out of bed. I hope it's not an infection starting. The last time I had an ear infection I ignored it because it didn't hurt "that much", and my ear drum burst. Now *that* hurt. As well, when I woke up this morning my left eye was all blood-shot. Yup, I've got the pink eye. This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass......And yes, DH is now fully aware of the precautions he must take before fooling around with the electricity again }(

This morning I did Drill Max as produced for the first time. That workout is a sweat fest, but a lot of fun. I like the load of variety to all the moves, and the fun new stuff she puts in there. It's an advanced workout, but without all the same old stuff she's used time and again; love it! The dive-bomber push ups felt just fine for me; maybe because of my years of doing down-dog into up-dog yoga routines. I had a bit of trouble going low on the side-plank push ups at the very end, when she went from 2-counts to single counts. I didn't feel like I had enough time to go all the way down, then up into a side plank. Obviously I've found an area to work on. I love the music (it's in BG too) when you start doing the fast-feet around the step at the end of, ah, I think it's Drill #3? The one with the jumping jacks and plyo jack. And the squat thrust into tuck jump segment felt easier than the Terminator climber segment in BootCamp, which was a pleasant surprise. It's all relative, right?

Okay, I've got work to do. I'm officially down a pound from last Monday. Woohoo.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Sandra, YIPPEE on the pound!!

I'm with you on DMX - sweat fest was my word for it, too. I have started tying a bandana around my head when I do Cathe workouts, plus I have a sweat towel next to me to keep wiping off my arms and hands. My hands start getting slippery on the dumbbells! :)

I didn't have a problem with the divebomb pushups either, probably the same reason. But the side planks I had to modify.

The biceps with the resistance band in LIC caught me by surprise and I already had my barbell loaded up to 30# - so I quickly substituted my 10# dumbbells and just held the ends of the band in my hands. It seemed to work just fine and I really felt the resistance. Ouch!

All in all, I think these new workouts are a nice way to mix things up and we'll all see some really good results. I love it!

Cheryl

A few personals then I'll be back to cathch the rest:

AMY: PLEASE email me if you didnt get the pm I sent .... You are the best girl!

Claude: yard work gets my glutes and hamstrings EVERY time! What an intense weekend of workouts of all kinds! BM2 cardio is wonderful... I so love this one

Teddygirl: LOL at your Cardio Fusion description! You are a sweat-a-holic obviously! Great job. When do you start your P90X ???

Back in a bit - just got a delivery I want to go "play" with!
Its like Christmas around here already....

<<<<<<<<<<I have a Polar HRT and my battery died a couple of months after I got it. I just took to a jewelry store and they put a new one in for me. I think its just a regular watch battery. Yours might be different though.>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok Buffy: I officially feel like a schmuck! I have a polar as well but BELIEVED my book about warranty being void if anyone other than authorized dealer opened back.... Heck I dont even recall how long the dang warranty is.... lolololol I'm FAMOUS for doing this kind of stuff.... You still saved me $$ tho cuz I hadnt shipped of the old yet so I'll just stop at a jewelers next week....
x( x(

Hey gang... just skimmed, just got off work and am suited up to do Cardio Fusion:eek: :eek: Somebody come looking for me if I'm not back later!!:p

Traci - my HMR started dying several weeks ago, on 10-17 I sent it to a Polar Service Center with the instructions I found on their website and got it back in three weeks.

I made it!! YAY!! I did Cardio Fusion and lived to tell about it!! It isn't too bad until you get to those power circuits and then to the six DrillMax drills.... oh my gosh, it never lets up!!!

My HMR said run time was 75 minutes with 669 calories burned!!!

bbl

Sandra - can't even think about P90X until I see if DH actually got it for me for Xmas. I'm planning on starting it after the holidays because if he didn't get it, I'll buy it for myself. :+

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Sandra: Your germs sounds just miserable... How you keep so up beat is beyond me! You think those little germs would get the hint by now that you're not going to let them win! WAY TO GO on thescale vicyory again!!!

Thanks for the pep talk... I was at my highest weight ever last year in November - 151. I started Cathe in December or January on Fit Tv (I have always done Spin, Jazzercise regularly) I dropped on my own to 143 then stalled... I joined WW about 13-14 weeks ago. My first month went well but then I stalled again at 139 AND I WAS STARVING... I started adding more and more meals of clean foods into my day until I was at 6 days a week clean w/ 1 free day (BFL type). It wasnt until I was able to increase my clean days to 1300 + calories that I started losing again. Then I started my strength focus about 2 months ago and really had to up my calories... I'm averaging 1500-1600 a day (30-35 pts) and now I'm dropping again.
I have accomplished 1 really great thing since this crazy 40 something journey began,,,I am finally a believer that proper fuel and regular exercise = health & weight loss. I guess if I never get to 125 its OK because I know not to treat my body so unkindly now!
125 isnt a vanity goal - I am 5'5 but petite bones... to the point where people say I have Barbie sized hands & feet! So actually I could get as low as 118 and still be in healthy range.... At 43 & being muscle focused I'll be fine with 125.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.