Weight Watchers Check In- Monday 10/23

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Well, this is coming from the hospital. I got called in at midnight, so at least I got to have dinner with DH and relax with the cats. I also got to finish knitting a pair of socks. I am planning on wearing them next weekend to work. They are pretty thick and with the ICU temperature dropping to 55 degrees at night, I think that I will need them!!!:D I also think that it's a good thing that I wear support stockings that are rather warm (they drove me NUTS during the summer, but now? I am sooooooo thankful for them!).

I am starting to feel L&G! I have been blowing off stretching/yoga on Mondays, and I think that I will have to break it out today! I also love SM #2 with the ball, especially the move where you have one leg up over the ball and rotate your legs (feels so good on the hips/glutes!)

I took mini cupcakes in with me to work (got them on the way home from work yesterday morning). They haven't been calling my name....they've been SCREAMING!!!!! Anyway, figured it up, they are 2 pts apiece. I broke down and had one, great thing.....now the screaming is gone and having them sit 4 feet behind me doesn't bother me! I still remember when I would have had to eat the rest of them (5) to alleviate that craving!!!

I will check in with you all later....DH wants to go to WH for breakfast (how ironic, huh, Kirsten!). He drove me to work because he didn't want me to have to walk the distance from the parking garage to the unit (obviously he knows our "security" here!:7 )

Good morning, Amy and others:

I hear ya about the Legs and Glutes, I'm feeling some definitely DOMS from that workout yesterday. But, that will remind me all day how hard I worked them and that's OK. I like those kinds of reminders }(

I'm getting out my journal book (found an older one to use up) so I'm ready to go. Tonight I am teaching step aerobics, so that's about 40 minutes of step with pushups and ab work to follow. It's going to be cold here in Minnesota today - high of 45, YUCK! It sure is cold this fall here.

Have a great day everyone, I'll be back to check on you later.

Marcia.

Good morning.

The weekend went well until last night when PMS got ahold of me. Not pretty. Anyway, had a bit of a carb binge and used up quite a few flexies. Oh well, they are they for when you need them, right?

Could barely drag myself out of bed this morning. On my first cup of coffee. I'm going to do a short workout, maybe, CC#2.

Today, I will not let PMS get the better of me!!!

Have a great day.

Buffy

Good morning Amy-Marcia-Buffy! You guys are ealy birds today!

Buffy: PMSx( Oh well- the carb binge doesnt sound too bad as you still feel like a short w/o! Good for you!!!!

Marcia: Have a wonderful class tonite! Will be a good one w/ those pushups! }(

Amy: Great that you got a few hours off last nite! Only 1 cupcake....WOW Thanks for PB site I now know what I'm looking for! Visuals really help me out.

Claude: THANK YOU so much for the yummy recipes! I am going to make the bean thing in crockpot today as its cold here FINALLY (COLD is 63 in the am but I'll take it!) The Cauliflower soup will be on tomorrow nites menu!

Do you guys know if doing simpilar recipe to Claudes would work w/ broccoli? I really dont adore it but know its good for you so I was thinking Soup/potatoe type pureed would work for me...ideas?????

I love naking the South Beach Mashed Potatoes too... I modify receipe cuz I never use cream.
Is really quick if you buy frozen cauliflower pieces.

Nuke the Cauliflower 3 minutes past "cooked" time (in a couple tbls water or broth)

Put in processor or blender

Add salt pepper and garlic (I use jarred minced)and onion powder

Add some of your favorite milk...FF/LF Soy doesnt matter
Add some butter buds (also salty so go easy on reg salt) or reg butter

Puree Up adding more milk as needed until like creamy mashed potatoes....

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! My absolute favorite way to get a potato fix!

Got to talking food and forgot my plan today!

Extremely sore from the waist down from past 2 days of workouts... Thank goodness today is PUB + Abs.... Now my pain can be easier to deal with..JUST LAY DOWN AND DONT MOVE! :D

Lots of errands that must be run today so I will set my sights on an early afternoon workout.

Need to eat about 25 points today to get myself UP to where I need to be... May be tough w/ all the great low point recipes.

Have a great and successful day all! BBL

Happy Monday :)

How is everyone today? I had a relaxing weekend, sorta :* No workout Sunday, just studied, got alot accomplished. All Tune, said I need a new starter $289 Ouch! x( x(

Saturday, I did HE High/Low Intervals and l loved it ;) :p Tonight, L&G & KM leg drills.

Teddygirl~

Hi, everyone!

Amy, congrats on maintaining with just one mini cupcake - yee haw!

Teddygirl, yikes on the starter! Sounds like it could have been much worse, and good that you had a nice weekend after the way it started!

Traci, thanks for the cauliflower recipe. It looks yummy.

We're thinking alike again - I'm going to do PUB/abs for the first time this morning, followed by treadmill.

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Morning everyone -
Called in sick to work today :-( - I've got the beginning of a cold and some nauseau. Truth is I could have made it in, but I'm swamped at work so it will be easier to get the work done from home - so I guess I'm not really out sick, just working from home. Whatever.

Fortunately, the stomach thing didn't really kick in until after my morning workout - I did the Back, Shoulders and Biceps portions of S&H. Since I don't have the GS workout that covers those muscle groups, I figured I better give them a workout somehow. Of all the weight training I do, shoulder work is what I hate most.

Used up quite a bit more of my FP this weekend than I originally intended. I baked an apple cranberry pie that had been sitting in my freezer for almost a year. Thought it was about time to get rid of it. I only had one piece and it's safely hidden in the basement fridge, but it's so yummy.

Amy - good job controlling those mini cupcakes. Have a great breakfast!

Marcia - aren't DOMS great in a weird kind of way:p !! I'm feeling it in my hamstrings and calfs this morning.

Buffy - we both had a flexies weekend. We can eat those low point soups to keep us in check this week.

Traci - I don't see why it wouldn't work with broccolli - worst case you try it and it tastes lousy. Then you'll know. I've never tried the South Beach Mashed Pototoes - I will be now, sounds yummy:9!!

Teddygirl - congrats on a productive weekend. Sorry about the car. Hope this week goes smoother.

Cheryl - it must be upper body day, we all seem to doing something upper today!!

Have a great day!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige:)

Hi girls!

Checking in this morning because I got home from SF late last night (Traci: I know you said SF is one of your favorite cities, but being a native South Bay girl, I must confess don't like it ;). Admittedly, San Jose is much less sophisticated and probably less pretty, but it's home, and I prefer it much more LOL) and I'm taking the day off today.

The run did not go so well for me--I was tired and not having a good day and the only way I got through it was seeing all of the TnT folks who were cheering us on and all of the posters and photos of the cancer patients/cancer survivors they held up as inspiration for us. Without them, I probably would have just flagged down a car to take me to the finish line LOL.

But, I got through it and the consolation was I did still beat my Maui time (though barely). I'll get 'em the next time, although I pretty much decided that this will be the last time I run Nike. I don't think I could take those hills one more time.

Trying not to freak out about the 2 pound gain on the scale (now at 132 *sigh*). I did drink a ton of fluids yesterday, not to mention took in just in much in electrolytes (I even did a salt shot in the last mile, because I was cramping up and I was desperate to finish at that point), so I'm probably retaining a lot of water. That was the point, after all LOL. The whole point was for my body to absorb the water and keep everything functioning properly so I could get through the thing! Anyway, I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I weigh more.

This week I go on my "lose those last 5 pounds" (well, now it'll be 7 pounds ;)) campaign. No more excuses! I'm done with training and won't be requiring as much fuel, so I can scale back on the points without worrying about compromising anything. Plus I can finally dig into those new Cathes I've been wanting to do now!! Yay!! I'm giving myself 2 months because I don't want to push myself to lose more than a pound a week. My body's just not made to lose more than that a week, so why rush it?

Anyway, as I said, I must warn you, I am going to be leaning on you guys for major support :). Thanks in advance!!!

Jennifer

I'm back, no personals right now, I'm so tired. See the Daily Check-In for details.

I did excellent during the vacation. Of course I went over points and over on flex points but eating out every meals, it's pretty impossible not to. I did have my apple dumpling and enjoyed it. That is all I had, no cinnamon buns (I figured I could get those here). Looking forward to a good weigh in tomorrow (I hope)!

Good to be back. I'll try to come back later and read the posts.

Happy afternoon to all!
Whipped out the PUB... actually did the abs 1st since they fry me then PUB then went ahead and did Abs again at end (a bit modified). Burned 300 calories with that one! LOVE IT

Teddygirl: So sorry about cost of starter- at least it will be fixed! Have a great lower body tonight...

Cheryl: Hope you had a great PUB and enjoyed your TM time as well.

Claude: Take care of yourself today {{{{{{{ }}}}}}}
Great SH workout- that one is one mean series! The DOMs are a comini baby! I will try broccoli next time in soup & will let ya know... Have already got the chili in crockpot and boy oh boy is it delic!!!!!!! I added some turkey to my bowl and I was stuffed for two hours w/ just 1 cup. Thanks again for posting those

Jennifer WELCOME HOME!!!!!! High 5 on yet another phenominal accomplishment! Those extra 2# will be gone in 48 hours I'll bet on it... You and I have similar goal.. I have 10 weeks before end of 2006 to lose my 8. Thats it- it will be done! We'll be a good support system for you I promise!

Jane: WELCOME HOME to you as well! You were missed! I'll read your details on Daily check in post but for now get some rest! BTW: Did your BC/HSTA Citcuit yesterday and LOVED IT! I actually added about 30 minutes of the all cardios from both to make my 90 minute workout... I was HURTIN like a fool last night!

Back Later.

Good afternoon everyone,

I've got some nice (??) DOMS in my biceps from Pure Strength yesterday.

Claude - thank you for posting those recipes later! I'll be printing them off, for sure. I always love a good 0-point soup recipe. Feel better soon. The Norwalk Virus is making it's way through our city right now, and I had a dream last night that it got me <shudder>. Of course, somewhere in my dream, I remember thinking, "Can I still workout while I have the virus?". Crazy. The apple-cranberry pie sounds mighty delicious. My mother is coming for a week long visit, this Wednesday. We both enjoy a good pie. Maybe I should make up a few pots of the o-point soups, so we can enjoy a few slices of pie }(

Amy - thank you for the pb link. I'm putting that one on my list, and will investigate whether it's possible to get it around here. Super High Five on being satisfied with one mini-cupcake. That is a triumph in and of itself.

Marcia - I bought a little spiral-bound notebook from the grocery store, or where ever, and just journal my food and exercise in there. It works as well as the WW journals, for me.

Buffy - very good attitude about the flexies. Use them when you need them!

Traci - Ah, the Zone has a mashed "potato" recipe like that, too. I haven't made it in a zillion years. Thanks for posting - I may be making it soon. Be good to your lower body. The poor thing has been through a lot these last 2 days. Did you preorder any of the new workouts?

Teddygirl - glad you had a good weekend! You needed one. Enjoy your workout tonight. Your thighs should be screaming tomorrow.

Cheryl - enjoy PUB! That's my favourite upper body workout.

Jennifer - congratulations on finishing that beast of a run!!!!! That is so amazing. What new Cathe's have you been waiting to try? Of course you can lean on us - that's why we're here, isn't it? Give those legs a nice rest, flush out that excess fluid, and let's work!

Jane - nice to see you again! Good luck at your weigh in.

ETA: I completely forgot to write what I did this morning. I programmed my player to play: Power Circuit warm up; PC hi/lo; All-Step step; PC step and kickbox circuits; PC planks; AS stretch.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.