Weight Watchers Check In- Friday 10/20

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Well, I hope that you all do/did better than I did on the WI. I was up another 1 lb from last week! AARRGGHH!! I am beginning to hate this! I did take my measurements, and my waist was down 2 inches from last week, though. My leader suggested that I eat 1/2 my APs (I am earning 40+ per week and she wants me to eat less???), but I think that I am going to try to earn less this week. I noticed that on the weeks that I lost, I was eating my APs as WW calculated them, not as my HRM calculated them (WW slide was 2-4 points greater than my HRM). I think that over the next 2 weeks or so, I am going to try to earn only 4-5 points per workout instead of the 8-10 that I have been. That means that I am going to try and keep to my target points and flexies.

Any ideas, anyone????? Over the course of the last 5 1/2 months I have increased my exercise (to the 40+ APs/week now), decreased my calories, and increased my calories. I am truly at my wit's end and I have yet to break this plateau!!! Tonight's meeting was about what makes you want to quit? My first response was, "frustration", and my leader actually said in front of the meeting, "that's doesn't make me happy hearing that from you!" What she was getting at was "boredom" . One thing is I am not is bored!!!

I just need something to try and change things up! This is ridiculous!! 5 1/2 months playing up and down with the same 2-3 lbs! x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x(

Amy:
Hold on there.......take a deep breathe. Your waist is down 2" from previous week so you are losing body fat. I completely get your frustration w/ scale BUT having said that.... What are you going to base "SUCCESS" on? I have been as low as 130 and a size 10! I am now 133 and an 8.... I know that I am fitter and skinnier than the lower scale #. Just think about it!
Now I am not saying not to re-evaluate.... I am saying that I have personally frustrated myself for 3 years w/ too many knee-jerk changes at once. When something finally popped I didnt know what caused it so I couldnt keep it....
Think about 1 thing at a time:

Lower your cardio (duration or days per week) for 1-2 weeks and keep everything else the same. See what happens
OR
Change how you eat flexies
OR
Change how many APs you eat
You get the idea.....

I know you are frustrated!!!!!! I just finished a 12 week WW cycle and "only" lost an average of .5#s a week.... That seems REALLY slow to me. BUT I also know that the calendar pages will turn regardless and I havent been this fit or low in years..... WHO CARES? Are you going to stop working out and eating right once you hit goal weight????? Of course not! This is your LIFESTYLE now, you exercise and eat right and you deal w/ extra wt in a healthy way..... Whats the hurry? You are in the right direction and you know that deep down..... 1 step at a time and 1 day at a time.
Just my thoughts, others will have different perspectives, in the end its all about what your focus is on I think....
Congratulations on the SHRINKING of this week- I'd love to shrink more (and will!)

:* ;-) :7

Good Morning!!

Amy, I feel your frustration. I was playing with same couple of pounds for months. Finally, the last two weeks the scale started to move. I know now, that I can't eat all my flexies. If I do the scale won't move. I wish I were one of those people who need to eat more to lose, but I'm not. Another thing I've been doing is trying to eat my starchy carbs early in the day, i.e. high fiber cereal in the morning, maybe a turkey wrap for lunch and only eating lean meat and veggies for dinner. I also added peanut butter to my diet because I realized I wasn't really getting any fat in my diet. Anyway, it seems to have worked for me.

My weigh in this morning was good, down 1.5#. The most loss I have since starting WW in August. That being said, I always get a bit nervous on the weekends because my social life always involves eating. My friends are all "foodies" (as am I) so get togethers are always focused on food. My friend is making jambalaya and apple pie tomorrow. Sounds good but not too figure friendly. Going out for sushi tonite with DH. A bit better.

My workout today is going to PUB and some type of cardio. Maybe LM.

Traci, are you planning a P90X rotation? I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the new Cathe's and P90X coming in around the same time. I won't know what to do first.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Happy Friday to all!
Official WI today I am back to exactly my pre-vacation/ttom weight. That is thrilling to me because it indicates that my body is comfortable at the lower wt and went back there in just 8 days. NSV!!!

Yesterday was Pilates in AM and RS in PM.... Both felt great once I actually got started.

Today is UPPER & ABS: Power Hour

I am starting my new rotation (self made) today that is much more lifting focused and lower duration cardio focused. I am really setting my 4 week goal on lowering my bodyfat % as it didnt move much in last two months.... My plan for first week of rotation is:

Fri: UPPER & ABs
Sat: LOWER & STRETCH
Sun: CIRCUIT (Janes latest Mish Mosh) using very lite weights
Mon: UPPER & ABs
Tue: CIRCUIT (using very lite weights) + PM Cardio 40 min
Wed: LOWER & ABs
Thu: CIRCUIT (using very lite wts) + PM Cardio 40 min

That ought to get me building some muscle!

Check In Later! Have a wonderful day.... I have to go back and read last nights posts now.

Buffy! Cool Cool Cool! Great Victory this week!

You made some terrific points to Amy re: how you changed things up! I too find that I cannot consume starch carbs after 3 or 4 in afternoon. Protein & Veggies are regular dinners in my house! DH "misses" the starches but he is 30 pounds overweight so I told him to get over it! haha
Your point about the PB/healthy fat is also well taken. I really had gone way overboard w/ LF/NF and when I really focused on adding a little every day I saw the scale pop as well.
As far as P90X: Here's my initial thoughts until I get to preview all
I'll look at training schedule for P90X and plug Cathes new stuff into the mix. Since I'm lowering my cardio (days & duration) I am doing days as Strength OR Cardio so I'll squeeze in Cathes into cardio (if its circuity then I'll just modify the weight max I use)
Thats my initial thought....What are you thinking?

Happy Friday,

Amy – 2 inches! :D

Tracie – nice rotation ;-)

Buffy - down 1.5 you go girl :)

This morning plans were to do Hardcore Extreme 2 or 3, But, I decided to save that one for tomorrow

So I hopped on my treadmill and did an hour jog. Tonight, not sure which workout, either UB & Abs or a total body workout. I have 8 hours to think about it :p :D

Teddygirl~

>Buffy! Cool Cool Cool! Great Victory this week!
>
>You made some terrific points to Amy re: how you changed
>things up! I too find that I cannot consume starch carbs after
>3 or 4 in afternoon. Protein & Veggies are regular dinners in
>my house! DH "misses" the starches but he is 30 pounds
>overweight so I told him to get over it! haha
>Your point about the PB/healthy fat is also well taken. I
>really had gone way overboard w/ LF/NF and when I really
>focused on adding a little every day I saw the scale pop as
>well.
>As far as P90X: Here's my initial thoughts until I get to
>preview all
>I'll look at training schedule for P90X and plug Cathes new
>stuff into the mix. Since I'm lowering my cardio (days &
>duration) I am doing days as Strength OR Cardio so I'll
>squeeze in Cathes into cardio (if its circuity then I'll just
>modify the weight max I use)
>Thats my initial thought....What are you thinking?

Traci, your idea sounds good. I'm not too familiar with P90X so I'll just have to wait and see when I get it. I would not have ordered except it gets such rave reviews from those who have and it was too good a deal to pass up. I know I'll be anxious to do those new Cathes when they come in though, so I'm just waiting in anticipation for both and I'll figure it out then.

Buffy

Hi You guys.....I do WW's, and love to read your threads. I have thought of posting a few times, but today I could not resist. Have you ever heard of the Wendie Plan?? It is a good thing to do when you hit a plateua and need to shake things up a bit. I copied down the URL so you could read it and check it out:
http://groups.msn.com/POINTingMyWaytoaNewLife/yourwebpage.msnw

It gives you alot of info. It is the Flex Plan, just done in a different way. Check it out, it really does work.
Lori

Hello ladies!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday--it was a go, go, go from the moment I woke up (sometime around 4:45--I had a 6:00 run and it takes me a while to get ready ;)).

Amy: oh boy, do I feel your frustration!! These days the scale has been moving up, not down for me. Granted, it's been .5 - 1 lb at a time, but STILL, I don't like it when it goes up LOL. I did do a body fat % test at our work's health fair the other day and supposedly it's at 22%, which was shocking to me (I thought for sure it would be closer to 30%). It did make me feel better, but it's still frustrating to see the scale creeping up (especially since I haven't done strength training in two weeks, so I know it's not that I'm building muscle LOL).

Grr.

Welcome, Lori!!

Jennifer

I think nervous eating is starting to take control x( Its not even noon and I’m already at 11 pts, OUCH ;(

Here's the situation, last night drove to Ridgewood before class (which I missed) to put money into my checking account, did not want to take the chances of my check bouncing off the walls ;) x( Actally, I was happy to had found a NC Bank open late so I hurried and drove there 20/30 miles out. I paid $203 last week NSF;( ;( ;( So yeah I’m going to the bank.

Put money in bank, come back out to my car... WON”T START. Sat in car for 2.5 hours (I was cold) making calls trying to get HELP. Missed school last night and that’s something I just can not afford to do not at this stage of the game.

Okay, Mr. Tow Truck comes, $140.00 to toll me to Auto shop. Silly me, forgot to leave my car key in car :+ fist thing, this mornng, called shop. If I need an alternator BAM $350-400 now you see why I am at 11 pts. I'm so glad cp-worker who works with me lives a few houses down.

Okay, take a deep breathe and relax :-( I just want to go home and pray that tomorrow will be a better day for me ;) x(

Teddygirl

Hey, Teddygirl, what an awful day you've had!!!! It happens. Hey, I've indulged in an egg McMuffin before and been at 11 points before 9 a.m.! Sometimes that's what you need. I hope things look up for you. They'll have to.

Amy, I'd take 2 inches down on my waste over a loss on the scale any day!! It's too bad you don't have a quick bodyfat monitor to use, but it would have to show some significant progress. I certainly wouldn't back off of anything based on that, but you're right, you may not be able to handle eating many of your flexie points.

Traci, you're enthusiasm really encourages me, and I'm sure it does all of us!! XOXOXOXO!

Lori, welcome to our thread and thanks for the link!

I'm exhausted this morning. Thinking of a shorter workout after BootCamp from yesterday. I think just my 45 min TM program this morning, followed by StretchMax #2.

The Cathe workouts are kicking my tail. Just what I need to spark things up, I think.

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Good morning!

Can I get a K? A P? A C? What does it spell KPC!! Who wants to do it? I do! I do! Me too, please!

KPC felt awesome today. It's amazing how much easier those hammer-punch lunges feel after doing the more advanced version in KickMax and High Step Challenge.

Boy was I sleepy this morning. DD#1 woke up at 3:15am and started to get dressed for school! She'd forgotten to set her alarm clock, realized this in the middle of the night, and got all worried that she was going to be late for the bus. I calmed her down and got her back to bed within about 5 minutes, but it's still the kind of interruption that seems to have a big effect the next day. It doesn't help that it's yet another overcast, cold, windy day with rain/snow coming down sideways. Makes you want to snuggle deeper into the covers, not walk 5 minutes up the street and wait for a school bus.

Traci - that's wonderful to see you drop those holiday pounds so quickly. It means you can look forward to your next holiday, without having to worry about messing up all your hard work in between.

Buffy and Traci - A very long time ago, Kathryn on the main forums came up with a faux-P90X rotation using Cathe workouts. This was right after the Hardcore Series was released. You might be able to take do a P90X rotation using both the P90X workouts, and substituting Cathe's workouts where desired, based on what Kathryn has suggested. I haven't looked at Kathryn's rotation since she posted it, but now I'm curious all over again, and will see if I can scare it up. I mentioned in my late post last night that I'm also going to buy the P90X workouts.

Buffy - congrats on the 1.5# loss! You're doing very well! Are you very hungry when you stick to your 20-22 points a day? I know I would be famished, because I'm already having a hard time sticking to 29 points a day (on those days that I earn 6APs and eat 3 FPs).

Amy - Your frustration comes through loud and clear. And I feel it. It's awful to feel that you're doing your very best, and not seeing real progress. Personally I think you are on the right track to reduce your workouts a bit. I know everyone's different, but I find that for weight loss, I need to stick within a generally moderate level of activity, with some higher intensity peppered in to challenge my CV system. When I did the Jan '06 rotation, which is 90 minutes of very intense cardio 5-6 days of the week, I wasn't able to lose much weight because I needed too much to eat, to fuel the next day's workout. I truly, truly believe that weight loss is about reducing your calorie intake, and that intense exercise is counter productive to that. Exercise, IMO, is to be done for all of the lovely health and mental benefits it brings, and not to lose weight. Again, everyone is certainly different. This is my experience.

Teddygirl - you're doing some great workouts these days. 60 mins on the treadmill is amazing. The boredom would kill me - although maybe it wouldn't be so bad with a Cardio Coach.

Lori - Hello! Nice to see you! Are you going to join us more often? I've heard of the Wendie plan - I always wish it meant that you could go to Wendy's every day for lunch :p

Jennifer - 22% body fat!! COOL! When do they reassess you?

Hello to the rest of the gang to follow!
Sandra

Sandra and gang-
No time to post to all but Sandra your entire post had me belly laughing! You are quite the articulate writer! Wendys.....lolololololol
Is the post???????????????

RE: P90X....."
Author kathryn
Author Info Charter member
9350 posts
Date Wed Oct-12-05 08:02 AM

In response to Reply # 0

You can substitute some Cathe workouts while following the P90X rotation generally:
KPC or CC for Kenpo X
An IMAX for PlyoX
S&H Chest and Back for Chest and Back
A Cathe lower body workout for Legs and Back

You could also extend the rotation a bit and add in an extra cardio day here and there

When HC first came out, I posted a rotation using Cathe workouts (basically GS) in a P90X-like rotation. You can find it by searching the "rotations" forum. You could alternate weeks of strictly P90X with weeks of Cathe.

Kathryn >^. .^<

Teddygirl, I'm so sorry. I sincerely hope today is a better day. {Hugs}.

Lori, Welcome and thanks for the good info.

Sandra, Honestly, yes I am pretty hungry on 20-22 pts. a day but its actually getting better. I eat more on the weekends and I look forward to that. I'm really interested in that rotation you mentioned. I'm going to try doing a search and see if I can find it.

Just finished PUB and Cardio Coach #3. I'm really ready for lunch. I'll do some pilate abs later.

Have a good day.

Buffy

Teddygirl - now THAT'S a bad day!! I'm so sorry you have all that stress to deal with. I can see why you would be stress eating - and sometimes, that's a minor problem compared to what else is going on. Don't be too hard on yourself (and add to the stress); just try to stop as soon as you can. Don't judge and criticize yourself. Accept that you have eaten more than you usually do, and move on. Life happens.

Cheryl - BC is a butt kicker, for sure. I like how you modified the terminator climbers yesterday. One day you'll be doing them like Cathe and crew, but until then, creative modification is what it's all about!

Traci - I forgot to say that I like the advice you gave Amy re: we are living a lifestyle, and are at least heading in the right direction. You are exactly right.

Cheers,
Sandra

Why thank you, Traci :+ I hadn't seen that post of Kathryn's, but it's good to have for when I get my P90X. I'm actually thinking of the rotation she mentions in the last paragraph of her post. It's probably in the Rotations Forum. Off I go to find out.....Talk amongst yourselves.....<insert canned instrumental 80s music here>.....

Wow! Interestingly, Kathryn wasn't the only one to make up a P90X rotation using Cathe workouts, or blending the HC Series with P90X workouts. I've posted the link to Kathryn's first, but check out the others I found:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...opic_id=2340&mesg_id=2340&listing_type=search

Make sure you read through all the posts in that thread. Kathryn makes some changes further down.

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...opic_id=2957&mesg_id=2957&listing_type=search

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...opic_id=4323&mesg_id=4323&listing_type=search

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...opic_id=4297&mesg_id=4297&listing_type=search

These could be fun!
Sandra

Hey Buffy! Head's up (literally). I just posted a few links in reponse to Traci, right above yours.

I hate being hungry :p But I don't think I lose weight if I keep myself feeling satisfied all the time. I always scoff at people who promote weight loss without hunger. Yeah - it's called illness, now go see a doctor and find out what's wrong with you! LOL! Yeah, yeah, I know some people claim it happens for them. Maybe some people are born with an extra hunger gene??

Sandra

Hi All!
Teddygirl: GREAT JOG!!!! I'd never last that long on treadmill w/ out CC... heck I only can take it for 45 min WITH CC! I was at 10 points by noon yesterday and STARVING! I'm sure its your multi stressors sweets... {{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}} You will get thru this difficult time and all will be well once again. You are obviously a very strong woman who challenges and puhes herself so look at this as just another challenge. We're here for you.

Jennifer: 22% BodyFat is AWESOME!!!!! I am stuck at 28 right now and I will look to you as my inspiration! Focus on all your running accomplishments .... You cannot be gaining FAT so whatever it is know that it will all level out once you stop training mode. We think you're incredible running all those marathons!

Cheryl: BC is indeed a killer and I think you are very smart to do a non cathe the day after! What exactly is TM program? Dont you wish we could actually hear our bodies talk to us? After last months rotation w/ 5 days of 90+ minutes cardio I think mine would say..."What the Hay????? Give my joints a rest woman... my insides are all jarred and my knees hurt! Whats with all the gasping everyday? Give me a break and focus on those muscles some and let me rest!":+

Sandra: What a gem you are for doing all my leg work on those rotations! Would you consider doing tomorrows Leg Work for me as well???????}( KPC is so fun to me too! I get a high from it like no other... Had to LOL at the DD1 story! Those are magical moments for you I'm sure.

BuffY; Once again another great workout today! You are so consistent.... Enjoy lunch- I'm right behind you!

I got my PH Upper & Abs whipped out and a bit of gardening.... now to EAT - yeah!!!!!!!!! My upper bod is already sore so by 4pm I should be in STILL mode!

Great advise by all to Amy and a great reminder to me on so many levels....you're the best!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.