Weight Watchers 12/19 TUESDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Good Morning-6 days til' Christmas....Are you Ready????

Hey guys... Up at 2:30am as my girl dog Sandy is sick now! URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Started w/ diaherria last night and is "scooting" all over. Better this am but not good at all. I think its another vet day for mex(
I wonder if there was something left on the floor from the party that she found...that girl can sniff out any piece of food! Anyway... it will be OK I'm sure. Have to laugh (or I'll cry)... I absolutely do not charge anything on credit cards at holidays since we got out of debt 2 years ago.... with Lukies vet bills and now Sandys we are having to charge the vet stuff....Gotta laugh at the irony of it all and keep it all in perspective I guess.

Todays workout is: Plyometrics (P90) + I'll add on Timesaver 5 which is Legs & Glutes about 20 minutes without the abs. 30 minutes of abs was plenty for me yesterday!

Lori: So sorry for your PMS/Chocolate struggles. Holidays can make it brutal. Perhaps try the out of site out of mind... After our party I immediately put all sugar items in the freezer behind all the veggies. DH goes in at nite and grabs his PM snack and either lets it just sit out an hour or defrosts in microwave. By 6 or 7 pm I am not desiring to blow my day so its not a major factor for me to see. I make my hot tea or swiss miss diet cocoa and I'm good for the nite. If its not hidden I will pick all day long on the stuff. Just a strategy that had worked for me for a year - really helped me to detox from all sugar.

AMY: Great modifications for PUB Pikes! I will definately print that and put w/ the DVD so I have it nexttime... I just may be able to actually do 1 full pike! Sorry about baby puke. My mom & sister have cats so I know that puking usually isnt something to be concerned about so I was able to chuckle at your cutie pies antics... life is so different w/ dogs. BTW: I for one think its a grand idea to cook on Thursday nite! Those WW people need to appreciate you a bit more...make them miss you!;-)

JANE: {{{{{{{{{{jane *dh}}}}}}}}} Good thoughts & vibes & prayers for todays surgery. slash/boom/bonk to all your sugar yuckies! It was a killer 48 hour detox for me and yesterdays MONSTER workout was just what I needed to KICK it on outta here! Scale back to normal today, rings nice & loose, tummy showing 2 pack again. Perservere! It will go away!!!! We are in the same camp Jane- I know for a fact I become a different person... Its like I am having an out of body experience as I watch myself become this sugar addict and very mean in many ways. I so dislike myself on sugar. It is my cocaine, it just really took this past year of being clean and then the slip for me to see how awful it is for me.

CHERYL: GREAT idea you passed along about push ups. Before P90X I was never able to do any - ever- not one. In week 7 I am doing 10 toes before dropping down! I giggle like a kid EVERY time! For some reason I am quite amused by being able to do this...

Great Morning to all

Traci - thanks for the well wishes for DH. I'm sure he'll do fine. I'll let y'all know when we get home. Surgery is scheduled for 10:30 and we have to be there at 8:30. Also thanks for the "chin-up" on the sugar fiasco. I did very well yesterday and drank tons of water. Unfortunately, I only had one day of detox before my "unofficial/official" weigh-in and measure I do on myself every Tuesday morning. I was up 3 1/2 pounds to 141 and over my "magic number of 140" and my waist, hips, and thighs were all up 1/4". I will keep a close watch on it this week and hopefully they all will start coming down. I have my hospital Christmas party Thursday, hopefully I'll do well there since the disaster this weekend will be fresh in my memory.

{{{{{HUGS}}}} for Sandy also. I hope she starts feeling better today. About your mention of not charging on credit cards, I do that too. Credit card debt - been there done that. I never pay interest on any of my credit cards, they are paid off each and every month.

Off to get some coffee... I didn't sleep well at all last night. Need some "go juice"!

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!!

Traci- I am so sorry that Sandy is causing you heartache and troubles now! What's up with the pets?? They need to know that this is NOT the time of year to start in with the, "I'm not feeling loved enough, so I think that I am going to be sick now" stuff!!

Jane- Sorry about the bloat, I hope that it "floats" it's way on outta here soon!!! Good luck with DH!!! Does he get to come home tonight, or does he have to stay overnight?

Well, today is the "To-Do" list from he!!-
I actually have to straighten up the joint before I can even start cleaning! Our kitchen table looks like a bomb went off. It seems to collect all the crap and junk through out the week because it's right there as you come in the door. It's better than it was because DH threw the newspapers away (I don't read them, but like to get the Sunday coupons), but still! UGH!! Funny thing, I know that as soon as the table is clean, Jellibean will be up there posing as the centerpiece! He loves lying on the table when it's clean! Years ago, Dad was horrified that we let Jellibean up on the kitchen counters. I told him, "No, Dad, I don't *let* him on the counters, I can't keep him off!!" There's a difference, believe me! Now, we just keep a canister of Clorox wipes on the counter and go through them like they are going out of style!

Again, enough with the rambling!

Good Morning Traci, Amy, Jane and all who follow!!

Did well eating wise yesterday but didn't get a chance to workout. Today I'll do P90X cst, ARX and cardio coach. That should make up for yesterday's slacking.

Have a great day all.

Traci - hope your doggie gets better.

Buffy

Good Morning,

I am feeling good tis morning, went home made a big pot of chili after wards a hot bubble bath, 2 Tylenol pms and a cup of dieter tea too cleans myself from all that pollution I put in my body and then I was out like a light:D :D

This morning, I woke up a little late which means I'd too start my workout late, therefore I changed things up a bit. I did Cardio Fusion hello!!!!!!! tough stuff ;) and for tonight Butts & guts premix :p

I think tomorrow after work I’m going to JC Penny to pick up a few gifts for my grand kids. I decided that I am going to cook for Xmax :9 :9 busy week in site.

Tomorrow, is our company Xmax party don’t panic guys I AM IN CONTROL, anyway it’s not that kind of party. However, I will be eating right and making the right choices usually we hot wings and cold cuts, potato salad blah…blah and tons of sweets but NO sweets for me I had enough of that sh$$ I cleans my body pretty good this morning ;-) well back to work ttys.

Teddygirl

Morning all -
Jane - {{{hugs}}} and prayers going yours and your dh's way. Hope everything goes well.

Teddygirl - sounds like you got the sleep you needed and everything is hunky dory now. Good for you.

Traci - Poor Sandy - hope she feels better soon. Nothing worse than a sick pet this time of year.

Amy - LOL at Beaners on the table and counters. Anyone with cats knows it's not a matter of allowing them anywhere, it's a matter of being unable to control them. My cats, um :-(, cat, knows that she isn't allowed on counters and table tops. But I see her sitting on the counter through the kitchen window. She hops down as soon as I walk through door and gives me this "that wasn't me up there" look. (Boomer wasn't a counter top cat, although he liked the top every other piece of furniture in the house!)

Buffy - sounds like a great workout for today!

Lori - hope you find the answers you need. It's so frustrating when we think we're doing the right things but the body doesn't respond. How's Dad today?

Cheryl - love that PUB workout too. I got fantastic results over the summer - I should pull those out again - but I'm waiting with baited breath for my P90X - only 6 more days - yea!!

This morning the scale was up 1.5#. Not surprised after the sugar binge I've been having (darn christmas cookies!). Plus my LB weight workout yesterday is probably retaining soe fluids too. But I'm not terribly upset. I figure I can sneak in an extra cardio tonight and tomorrow night (keeping my fingers crossed on that) and that should help kick those extra pounds in the behind. I've just got to stay away from those cookies.

This morning I did Imax 1. I was in the mood for something basic, but something that would "wup my a**" and it did.

Ta Ta for now ladies - Hope your Tuesday is awesome!

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Goooooood Mooooorning, everybody!

T-Girl, as usual we are thinking alike - I did Cardio Fusion this morning, and yes, it whooped my a**! Loved it. Would have added 30 min. TM intervals, but out of time, darn it.
Weight still 131.5. I still think I'm going to see a loss this week, but the scale hasn't noted it yet.

Claude, yippee for iMax 1. Haven't tried it yet.

Traci, so sorry your other doggie is sick. Our vet calls it "boot scootin'" Makes me laugh every time. Laugh or cry, if it's on your floor that it's happening. :(
A big Hoo-Rah for the full length push ups. You're ahead of me there, girl!

Buffy, Amy, Jane, Lori - have a wonderful morning! More later!

Cheryl

Good Morning....I am feeling MUCH better today. The dratted thing started, so that is good. I did make ti thru yesterday, but I am telling you, it was one tough day. Thanks for the support....

Claude, my dad is doing so good, it is such a blessing. I went over there yesterday, and he looked really great. He is up and around, still gets tired, but he looks awesome. For the next 2 weeks, he has a visiting nurse coming out twice a week, which he likes. He has to walk on the treadmill a couple of times a day, he said he can only do it for 5 mins. at a time, buthe is doing it. I am so glad he is well.

Jane, I will be thinking about you and your husband today. I hope it all goes well.

Amy, sorry about the sick cat!!

Traci, I hope Sandy is feeling better soon!!

Cheryl, PUB is the best for giving me UB results. Nothing makes my UB look so good as when I do that one once a week.

TeddyG- Glad you caught up on some sleep!

Buffy, Your workout sounds TOUGH, have fun!!

Today is a cardio day for me. I might try one of the BM2 cardio's. If I decide not to, I will do Cardio Kicks. I get irritated when I can not get the steps down, so I do not know if I will try BM2 or not, but I have to try it sometime, don't I??
Lori

Hey everybody... we're home. They were able to do it laparoscopically and he is doing well except for getting sick coming home. Thank heavens the nurse gave us some of those bags they put your clothes in, no way all that would have stayed in an emesis basin! Okay I know TMI!

He has a JP drain in and I've been instructed how to empty and measure, etc. I take him back tomorrow afternoon to get the drain pulled.

I'm off to the drugstore now to get his Percocet filled. He is sleeping it off in his recliner.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers coming our way today!

Jane- I am so glad that he was able to come home. I could have warned you that he was going to be sick on the way home! When I used to work the regular ward/floor, everytime we were getting a 'lap chole' from the recovery room, I knew to have a bucket (not the little bitty basin thing) handy because they alway hurled going from the gurney to the bed!!!
One other thing, he will be having more pain in his shoulders, specifically his left shoulder over the next day or so. This is due to the CO2 they use to inflate the stomach reagion so they can get a good look at what they're doing during surgery. That pain in his shoulders is the CO2 disappating and leaving his body. He will probably take the percocet more for that than actual surgical pain for the next couple of days. I don't know if they told you this or not, but I like to make sure people know what to expect!!!

Hi all-
Workouts went well this am but boy oh boy is my body sore this afternoon. I am soooooo ready for my recovery week next week.

Jane: So happy DH is home safe 7 sound! Sorry about the car incident but a small price to pay I'm sure. You get to play nurse heh? Do you have a cute little white outfit & hat? (hows that for aging myself!)
I have no doubt you will be back below your 140 max target in a day or 2. Man 1 or 2 little days off track can really cause all sorts of non-fat gain! You'd think we'd learn not to do it to ourselves! SOMEDAY!:D

AMY: How's that to-do list from he** going? I know EXACTLY what you mean about cleaning before cleaning.... Isnt that what the extra bedrooms are for? Gotta have 2 in my world... a guest room that stays fairly clean and 1 more to be the catch all room! Very nice having free medical wisdom for all of us! What are you planning for workouts while your folks are here? Are you going to just go w/ the flow or is there a semi-plan?:7

BUFFY: Sounds like you are right back on track...good job on just 1 day off your plan. This holiday season can be murder on good intentions!

TEDDYGIRL: Yeah- you're right back on track too! Good job. Did you change your mind about grandkids gifts? Thought you had said cash/gift certificates?... A grandmas perogative to change mind at Xmas!

CLAUDE: Great job on Imax- love that one as well! I'm one of the few fans of 1 & 2 over 3... Sorry about scale but Jane & I are right there with ya on the sugars... good thing is that unless it was a HUMUNGOUS binge it IS NOT fat gain... just our bodies sayin' "What ya doin'!"

CHERYL: I know your scale is on delayed reaction mode... must be related to mine! "boot Scooting" has subsided since I put Desitin on Sandys tushie this AM... she seems fine but I have yet to see her poop so who knows! Seems I'm living in the yard w/ the scooper these days doesnt it?

LORI: So happy you are feeling better all the way around! You could use a calgon day I think! Hope you enjoyed whatever w/o you decided on.

Off to make DH some fresh lemonade w/ the lastest pickings... Have a great rest of Tuesday gang!

>TEDDYGIRL: Yeah- you're right back on track too! Good job. Did
>you change your mind about grandkids gifts? Thought you had
>said cash/gift certificates?... A grandmas perogative to
>change mind at Xmas!

Hey woman, yep, back on track ;) ;) aw fresh lemonade, I do admire you, just think maybe one day we will meet, but, bring along some lemons :9 :p :9

Nope, haven't changed my mind I'm giving my two oldest $$$$$$ buying presents for the three youngest. Also gift exchange at church, I have a teen to buy for ;)

This day is dragging, but about to tip toe out of this place, going home to butts & guts. Have a good evening and by all means get some rest ;-) :) :)

Teddygirl~

Traci- the To-Do list is dwindling. The kitchen table is officially cleaned off, just not polished yet. The guest bedroom is offically clean and there's a "protective" sheet on the bed to protect it from cat hair! They all LOVE to use that bed for lounging. I already have a 2nd bedroom for the catch-all room and it's caught about all it's able to catch!!:eek: There's still cr@p from when DH and I got married and combined households in there, I just can't get to it!!!

I even got a load of laundry done, now I just have to put it away! Dusting is finished, I just have to vaccuum now, but that won't take long. I still have to get my workout in, probably something from BM2, it's easy enough to modify to low impact.

I am planning on sticking to the workouts while mom and dad are here. But we will see if those plans work out!

I just got my new scale through Avon. They have a Tanita and one from Curves. I got the Curves one because I didn't feel like spending almost $60 for the Tanita one. Anyway, it's programmable to monitor BF, hydration status, muscle mass, and bone mass. It also has where it will tell you how many calories you need to be eating to maintain that level based on the readings. I was actually correct in my guesstimation that I was about 33% BF (which, according to their little graph, is normal up to 38%). I hopped on the scale after I set it up and it was up a few lbs of course, but then it was 3 pm and I had eating bkfast and lunch. We'll see tomorrow!

Stopping in for a quick update -
Lori - so glad Dad is doing so well. It will make the holiday that much more wonderful!

Jane - ditto for your DH as well - nice to have Amy on the boards, isn't it - explaining what we need to know! Hope DH has a good restful night.

Traci - I am drooling just thinking about the fresh lemonade!!

Teddygirl - you go, girl, with B&G. I need to pull that out again.

Amy - I love the fact that you are so willing to help us understand what's going with us and our loved ones medically. You are a sweetheart! You and I will have to develop our workout plans for the next two weeks together. I've got my SIL and her family with us for the holidays. I just found out yesterday they'll be here for two weeks, I thought it was just a week - yikes!

Off to the store and then to plan my cooking day!

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Thanks everybody...

Amy - I think it was the motion factor that got him started on the way home. He is fine how and has eaten some soup and a sandwich. I just emptied his JP drain... it had about 20 mL in it.

Traci - those little mindless forays leave me thinking "what in the he** was I thinking?"..... apparently you can't teach this old dog new tricks because I keep making the same mistakes over and over again.... I just have to get through one more week....

Off to get something "clean" to eat.

Wow, so great to have our own resident medical expert in Amy {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Jane, I do hope he's feeling better, and that you're weathering your own stress okay.

T-Girl, a two workout day? That's a whopper! I did the same workout you did this morning, but I sure don't feel like doing B&G premix tonight (bowing low...)

Claude, sounds like your to-do list is progrssing nicely. Hurray!

What a day... had a surprise call that my Russian adopted boy (the one who lives primarily with my ex) had a Christmas program today, so I ended up scooting a city away to hear that in the middle of the day.... ended up typing on my laptop the entire program except while he performed, heh, heh.

Have a great evening, everyone!!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.