Weight Watchers 12/18 MONDAY

Happy Monday to all WW'ers...

Bloat & Blahs still hanging w/ me this morning- rings still very tight. Did a full gallon of lemon water yesterday and ate well but geez! I wish I could tape this feeling and play it back before every sugar/carbonation encounter and I'd NEVER touch that stuff again!
No w/o yesterday so today is Chest,Shoulder, Tri Abs + I'll add in an afternoon cardio for good measure.

LORI: Thanks for recipe site. Hope dads homecoming was joyful and he got some rest. Are you feeling any better today knowing he's home?

CHERYL: YUM-O!!!! Thank you so much! I am printing it this am and will make it for Xmas Day... Hopefully it will not set me off again! What fabulous w/o concoction do you have on for today?

Claude: Thank you for sharing those darling memories of Boomer! I cracked up at the lying in front of places and the "toys" found under things.... Such joy will forever be with you. I hope you & yours can remember all the joy minus the pain of loss in the days and weeks ahead. Non-pet people sometimes forget that we grieve just as long as just as deeply for our furry family members as we do for "human". You just take it one day at a time and know we are here if you need to share memories and/or grief. I think all of us here can relate deeply. {CLAUDE}

AMY: Very cool about your wedding anniversary... learn new things about you every day! I think its so wonderful that you both honored your grandparents that way....AWESOME weight increases girl! 2-10-12's shoot thats what I use on much lesser reps! VERY NICE
I think you should write a book about DH antics! He sounds very funny even tho he isnt trying to be... Guess its always FUNNY when it isnt happening in your own life...lolololol ENJOY sleep today and getting back to day schedule! YEAH your work week is over!!!!

Good day to all !

Hi, everyone!

Kicked off this fine Monday morning with PUB - I love, love, love this workout, except that I still can't do the pike crunches on the ball... pumped up the ball somemore, so we'll see if I can get closer next time. Had thought to finish up with a circuit, but I think I've had enough weights for today (yowza!) so will finish up with a cardio hour like possibly Step Blast after I run the school carpool for DD.

Here's to a wonderful Monday! Tracy, Claude, Amy, Buffy, T-Girl, Lori - hope everyone's having a good day. Will check back in later after cardio.

Cheryl

Hey everyone,
Another day and things are going ok. Still sad, but we're moving forward. Thanks for all your kind words.

This am was GS Legs. Couldn't decide and ended up wasting so much time I had to do the Timesaver version, but I still did it. I'm sure I'll feel that tomorrow.

Got to watch my points carefully this week. I've got back to back parties coming up Saturday/Sunday/Monday so I don't want to get out of control.

Gotta run - thanks again for all your love and kindness. You guys are the best!

Claude
"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Hi everyone....still gloomy this morning. I think I have what is called PMS....I ate 35 points yesterday, and enjoyed every bite. I don't feel so famished today though, so I am happy for that.

I was going to start a LB rotation today, but I got FitnessFreak's Generic Circuit Rotation, and I am going to do that. I will do LIC today. I have only done that workout one time all the way thru, so I am looking forward to it.

My mom and I are going to the meeting together on Weds. afternoon, so I am looking forward to getting the new materials. I figure I will go up one point.

About 3 months ago, I was having very slow weight loss, and my leader told me not to use all of my FP's, so I usually save about 1/2 of them. Lately, I notice when I get up alot, I am dizzy. Now that I have been doing Cathe workouts, and upped my intensity so much, I was more into my TJ's then, just coming off my second back surgery, I wonder if I am not eating enough?? Well, I will find out Weds. I will have about 5 FP's left where I usually have 15-18.

Take care, and BBL, Lori

Lori- you may not be eating enough. I know that when I first found Cathe and upped the intensity of my workouts, my weight loss came to a skreetching halt, all because I was burning around 600-700 cals/workout, but only eating 24 points (~1200 cals). I later found that my RMR is around 1600 calories, so I was putting my body into too much of a caloric deficit and it was hanging onto every calorie it could!

Traci- I am sorry that the sugar thing is so bad! I hope that it starts clearing up today and that you get back to your "normal" chipper self!

Claude- Lots of hugs!!

My lack of sleep is starting to kick in. We had a mandatory staff meeting after work this morning.....another hour there!x( I like what I do and am very good at it, but I would rather not spend any more time at work than I already have to. My workplace has a warped view and refuses to acknowledge that there's a nursing shortage, therefore feel like they can flog their nurses like mules, be happy about it and come back for more! THEN they wonder why they can't get any nurses to come work for them and why the patients are suffering?? DUH!!! They are really emphasizing increasing patient satisfaction, but they completely ignore that one of the key factors in the "patient satisfaction" equation is "employee satisfaction"!!! Our manager actually had the gall (or grace) to actually act like this was all new information to her!!! WHATEVER!

Hi, everyone!

Lori--you may want to visit an endocrinologist--I just went this past year through a bad bout of adrenal/thyroid fatigue. One of the big systems of cortisol (stress hormone) shortage is that you're dizzy when you first stand up. A good doctor with specialization in endocrinology or bio-identical hormones can help you with natural prescriptions for that, but outside of prescriptions, my doctor told me that I should never workout on a completely empty stomach (a few almonds or a couple of CLiffshot Blox are enough) and that it's better to workout a little later in the morning or later in the day, because cortisol levels are lowest upon first waking. He said the thing to avoid at all costs is when you're "bonking" but continuing to workout anyway, because at that point you're just crashing on a weakened system and making it worse. Duh!! He said that was why I couldn't lose weight for love nor money there for awhile... all my efforts to gut my way through it were just making the situation worse and my body was trying to protect itself. Maybe worth checking into.

Well, I finished up with just 30 min. cardio in StepBlast. My bus. partner called for a chat, then I had a phone appointment with a client, so that's all the time I had for today.

But still a good 90 min. workout, and I'm happy for that. Woo hoo!

On to a good monday.

Claude, I am happy to hear your spirits are a little higher today.
I hope you have saved lots of pictures and happy memories of your sweet pet... maybe you can make a little scrapbook. {{{{hugs!}}}}

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Morning,

No workout for me today, I’m eating like ((((((((CRAZY))))))))) I just ran out too McDonald, :-( }( I already had 2 large chocolate chip cookies, 10 mini chocolate bars and now fries and mcchicken sandwich and its only 11:30 I’m in trouble today, :-( x(

Today isn’t a good day I NEED some rest………Since Saturday, I only had 4 hours of sleep partyyyyyy :7

Teddygirl~

Yikes, our dear T-girl -

With all the love in our collective hearts, I urge you to think carefully whether this is your conscious plan for December, or whether your lack of sleep is causing you to lose some control... I would sure hate to see you looking back a week or two from now with regret!

Sounds like a good nap is exactly what you're needing!
xoxoxo!
Cheryl

Cheryl - am going to make it ;-) ;) I tell ya, me and my sister just have too much fun when we are together. As far as eating goes, my body was in starvation mode, because I didn’t eat very much on Saturday and Sunday I didn't eat at all :+ But, sis always have my back, she won't let me not eat :D :D

Saturday morning she cooked for me gifts, bacon, eggs and biscuits w/jelly oh man it was tasty she makes the best gifts I've ever tasted:D :9

But, that was all I had too eat until this morning. I’m okay now just need 30 hours of sleep :7 :) :)

Sleepy Teddygirl~

Happy Afternoon to All!

Just completed a MARATHON workout day... split it up into 3 segments w/ a recovery drink and break in between...
Round 1: CTX All Abs & Abs Diet Abs + Abs Diet Circuit (its only 25 min)
Round 2: MIC Step + BM2 Abs, Shoulders, Triceps
Round 3: P90X Chest, Shoulder Triceps + 10*10*10* Cardio Only

Feeling great and finally think bloat is vamoose!

CHERYL: GREAT workout today! You are a PUB'ing fool! I bet you are buff buff buff these days.

CLAUDE: GS legs tsaver is still a great workout... lol, on procrastinating so long...YEP I can relate

LORI: Neat that your mom is going to meetings w/ you! Theres power in numbers girl! Your new rotation sounds like a lot of fun (& hard work) ENJOY!! I tend to agree that you are way too low on calories too... If you just up'ed them in past week I'd also wait at least 1 more week to change it up again. When I first increased calories it took about 12 days to see scale start moving. There is a period of time (if you're bodys in starvation) that it will hang on to some wt just to make sure you dont starve it again. Finding your personal magic # can be frustrating...just hang tough !

AMY: {{{[amy}}}}} Its got to be tough all these nights... Sorry about meeting but its all over for another week! Sleep tight

TEDDYGIRL: I'm w/ Chery on this one! Now I know you're a grown woman... just remembering a few months ago that you went thru this around your birthday .... You were pretty darn mad at yourself for weeks afterwards if I recall- Celebrate dear- do remember that lack of sleep and funky calories will take its toll (as it appears to be doing now)... I just care about ya...

Thats it for now gang- chat later!

Tracie, oh yeahhhh, do I remember x( x( x( x( But, trust me woman, I got it together, am really liking the way my body is leaning and toning from all my hard work x( x( x( x( I'm back on track.

As soon as I get home tonight, going too make me a pot of turkey chili, well at least I'm going to stat it and finish in the morning. I tell ya, I can eat chili 365 days I loveeeeeee it, afterwards a hot bubble bath and then in bed by 7pm previewing my workout for tomorrow. I got a goodie planned too over and out :) :) :) :)

Tracie, you kicked some booty today with workout, Niceeee work woman ;) ;)

Sleepy girl

AMY: Guess I typed right over the note I had to you! I just hugged ya and said I knew you were very tired - sorry about meeting this am... BUT YOU'RE ALL DONE for the week.

TGIRL aka: SLEEPYGIRL... Glad you have it all under control! Nite Nite

Wow, Traci, what a killer workout. You rule!! I'm jealous.

Wish I were killer buff. But I sure like what PUB is doing for my upper body. Seems like I need a big upper body emphasis at least once a week :)

Have a great afternoon!
Cheryl

I am really struggling this week. I almost went on a eating binge again today. I just want lots of chocolate, ande to fill my stomach. My husband still has all of those chocolate candies laying around, and I guess with PMS, they just are not going over well. The only thing that has kept me in check is I hate gaining. With this PMS week, I might gain anyway. Wouldn't that just stink!!!!

Have a good night.....Lori

Cheryl- I KNEW that there was something I was going to say to you this morning, but I completely forgot as soon as I started typing! I was going to tell you about my modification for the PUB Ab section. When I do that workout, I found that if I do the Ab section first, then go onto the rest, I am able to do the entire section better, but also, with the pike thingies? Since I am not really able to do a pike that well OFF the ball, WTH makes me think I can do them ON? (insert forehead smack) Anyway, I am actually able to do them on my elbows (need the extra support, there!) better (for now) and am able to get a better workout out of it instead of expending so much concentration/energy on just trying to stay on the ball (pun *sometimes* intended!;-) )

Traci- I thank you, woman, for the hugs! Yes, the work week is done, now the cleanmax weak is starting........tomorrow!!! Then DH has a meeting with his lawyer on Wednesday that he wants me to go along to, so I have NO idea when the weekend snack making is going to be! I may just skip WW on Thursday (Like I NEED an excuse?!?!?) and use that for my weekend cooking day.

I was lying down this morning, trying to get a nap in and Baby (cuz she's the baby;-) ) walked into the bedroom and just puked! Okay, I deal with lots of yuk at work, I *don't* need it at home??? Anyway, she ALMOST made it to the bathroom floor, but NO, she's GOT to puke on the carpetx( x( x( ! So that's cleaned up and I am back on the road to snoozeville.......she pukes AGAIN, this time in the bed! WTH!!! Okay, so I've got to clean that up as well while DH tries to figure out why she's doing this! It's not easy getting a cat to tell you why their stomach is revolting!! Anyway, we both knew that she wasn't sick, she was acting just fine.....rubbing and purring, rubbing and purring. Personally I think that she was trying to suck up, ;-) FINALLY got to lay down and catch a nap!

Sorry for the novella, you know I get rambly when I am tired. I am going to finishing enjoying my rest day, unpack my Avon shipment (I am a small representative), try to get it packaged up to deliver cuz it's for Christmas, and eat somewhere in there! I'll have to scrounge something up!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, she's rambling, rambling, rambling, rambling, rambling...............(to the tune of Steve Martin's Rambling Man song)

ETA-
I wouldn't worry about it Lori, we all that *those* weeks and they pass soon enough! Just enjoy the season and tell DH to hide the chocolates to where you can't find them. That's what I did to the Halloween candy that's leftover (mmmmmmm, Mounds bars!) Every year, it's DH's sole duty to hide the leftover candy so that I can't find it, and believe me! I have tried to find it in the last couple of weeks. When I can't, I lose interest and move on to other, non-eating things.

I am so glad that this monster posted, I would have hated it if it got lost in cyberland, because I really don't remember much of what I posted!:eek: :7 :p }(

MWAH!!!:*

I just skimmed over the posts (barely)... sorry.. I finished my weekend and today and started cleaning house when I was finished. I am wiped out. Tomorrow is DH's gallbladder surgery, have to be there at 8:30 a.m.

Traci - I am nursing a sugar hangover myself. I am suffering from the same symptoms as Teddygirl... too little sleep, pile on stress on top of that and the cowboy cookies were not safe this weekend. I tried a Cardio Coach yesterday but wound up just walking after 15 minutes, way too much junk in the system to perform.

Today has been sooooo much better eating wise.... did GS BSB and GS CT and am caught up on the rotation again but bloated and feeling very "fat"! UGH.... why in the world can't I control this!! It's like I turn into another person who has no control at all. Today was a breeze... no over eating and not even one urge to do so...

I am off tomorrow for my comp day for Sunday and, of course, spending it at this hospital... have to work Wed, Thurs, and Fri and then THANK GOD am off the 23, 24, and 25...

Now if this bloat, fat thighs and butt would just go away!

Jane- I hope that your DH's surgery goes well! Sorry about the hangover! Please enjoy your time off and take care of yourself and DH!

Hi, again! I'm rolling around here laughing at Amy's post - omigosh, what a sense of humor. I can just see that cat barfing now. Anything for a little attention, you know?

Ah, pikes from the elbows. What a great idea!

That reminds me of another thing - something I actually learned over the travel week while reading a fitness magazine. If you have trouble doing full length pushups (that's me), try doing just the negatives for awhile and then drop to your knees just for the "ups". When you can master that, start doing the full pushups on the downs and the ups. Duh! What a great idea. Never thought of that before. I'm going to try it.

Jane, Lori, bummer on the sugar binges! Yuck! I love Amy's strategy of having DH hide the goods. Having just 2 squares a day of Dove's dark chocolate is really helping me get by... but I got ravenous and did give in and eat an oatmeal raisin cookie with dinner tonight. Uggh! But it was delicious.

Have a great night, everyone!!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.