Weight Watchers 1/9 TUESDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Good Morning!
Off for an early coffee visit w/ a girlfriend so will have to catch up on yesterday a bit later.
Scale is down to 130 today !:eek:- So I'm back in my 5# range. I have Back & Biceps today + a Timesaver Kick for good measure.
Have a terrific day and great workouts!:eek:

Good Morning!

Well, Mom and Dad are off on their trip home. You could tell that they didn't want to leave! I guess part of it was that they finally saw the whole picture of what I live with at home when it comes to DH and his disabilities. The cats even are moping around the house now....they LOVED the extra attention! Dad even started loving on them and he's allergic to cats!!!

I ended up not doing a d@mned thing yesterday, but will get back to the business of it all today. I HAVE to attend my meeting this week as well and I am hoping that a couple of days of good, clean eating will make the damage on the scale not so prominent!!!

I will check in with all of you later, I think that I am heading back to bed for a while....was up pretty late watching the Florida/Ohio State game. One thing, my TV has seen more football in the last 3 weeks than it has the last 7 years we've lived here and will until dad comes and visits again!!!

Good Morning....I am off to do my workout in a minute. I am going to do PUB, and some cardio. I am going shopping with my daughter also. I hope I can find some good bargains so I can get a couple of new blouses. Did you ever notice that when you are broke, you see so much stuff you want, and when you have some extra, you can find nothing?? I hope I can find some stuff today.

Amy, in July we have a National Rally for Premier Designs Jewelry, and we always have a fancy dinner on one night. I have been wanting to make a shawl to wear with my dress for that night. Yesterday I went on Lion Brand.com and found a very easy pattern for a shawl. I am going to go and get the yarn today. I am almost done with my daughter's scarf. A girl in my downline is going to teach me how to knit socks too. We are going to Regional Rally next weekend, and have an 8 hour bus ride to Des Moines. On the bus, she is going to teach me how to do the socks. I am excited!! I can not believe how much I am getting into knitting??!!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in. UGH. I have the bloat. Oh well, I stayed on plan, it has to come off sonner or later, right??

I have been just waiting for Cathe to announce a new series. It seems like after the last one took so long, she would go into another one kinda quickly. So far nothing, but I can't say is if I blame her!!
Lori

Hi, everyone!

Traci, have fun with the girlfriend! Whooppee on the scale!

Amy, must be mixed emotions all the way around on your mom and dad going home. But in many ways it will be good to get back on plan and back on schedule. I hope you're doing okay today.

Lori, I hope you find some great blouses!! Today's workout sounds great. Love that PUB. Bummer that you're kind of dreading the WI, but yes, since you've stayed on plan it will have to budge sooner or later.

This morning I am doing GS Chest and Triceps followed by some cardio. I'm thinking one of the segments from Cardio Hits.

I'll check back in later. Have a great morning everyone!
Cheryl

Lori- I am in the process of knitting a shawl for myself. I found some gorgeous silk blend at a site called Handknitting.com. It used to be out of Canada, but she recently sold it to a lady in Maryland. It's a beautiful varigated berry, wine, and purple yarn. Socks aren't really that hard. I actually taught myself how to knit socks until I got to the heel flap and turning the heel, then I got mom to talk me through it. I actually found an easier way for me to work on socks. Mom knits them on douple pointed needles, but I found that 2 circulars works better for me instead of 4 dpn's. Good luck on the yarn hunting and blouse hunting!

Haven't snoozed yet, unable to on an empty stomach, so oatmeal is in the works!

Well back from coffee and feeling like I DO NOT wanna workout now.... I tell ya once I'm dressed I lose focus! DH is going to boat show tonight after work so I am a free woman. I'll hit play about 3 and go until 5 or so before feeding kids... LOVE IT! Tonight I can do yougurt/ cottage cheese/fruit + salad for dinner!!!

KIM: Glad to see you yesterday! Great Imax & Abs yesterday!! What are you focusing on this month- or are you doing the what I feel like today rotation that we all know & love!?

AMERS: Scale up 4? Shoot thats just nothin'! AWESOME AWESOME !! {{{{{{{{ma-pa}}}}}}}}}I bet it is a mix of emotions isnt it? I am so happy for you and all the time you got to spend with them. So was your dad feeling good this visit? Any signs of his illness... I know you were watching him like a hawk. Hope oatmeal was just what you needed to get a little extra snooze in this morning.

CHERYL: How ya feeling today? Hope you are taking care of yourself and not overdoing it.

LORI: Shopping YIPPEE! I am officially on hold with spending... next week I have to pay all the taxes and annual fees/dues...... 9,000.00 this year..... Yep- I'm over the feel like spending $$$ thing for quite awhile! At least I still have 7 deliveries pending on syuff thats paid for to look forward to. Hope PUB was hardcore for ya! & YES I want new series but cant preorder now anyways so I kinda hope its a few months out! lol

TEDDYGIRL: Good morning miss sunshine!

Claude: I KNOW you'll come back if I keep begging like a fool

JANE: Hope your world is OK as well!!!!!

Back later gang!

Hi again -

Amy, the knitting project sounds beautiful. What fun. What talent!

Well, finished the workout as planned. GS Chest and Tri's, followed by Step Fit (60 min.) Yowza! Fun factor was high. I think I'll brave it and weigh in a little later this morning.

Now I'm going to make some Peanut Butter Oatmeal muffins for breakfast. If anyone wants the recipe I'll post it later. Yum!

Amy, sounds like you're thinking oatmeal as well.

More later!

Traci, how was the girlfriend visit?
Cheryl

Okay, I tooke the plunge and wieghed in. 130 on the nose. It almost clicked in at 129.8, but no. That's okay. I anticipated potentially worse! I think I must have needed the semi-cheat weekend.... and now my head's back in the game. Traci, we're in there together, girl!

Here's the PB/Oatmeal muffin recipe:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup milk (any kind)
2 eggs (I used egg beaters)
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup (I used agave nectar)

stir dry ingredients and stir in wet ingredients until just moistened. Bake in greased muffin tins or muffin papers at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with a bit of soy margarine on top. Yum!

I calculate that 2 muffins is about 5 points.

Enjoy!
Cheryl

SANDRA.... loling here but DEAD serious.... did you exhale COMPLETELY before stepping on scale???? I swear I did that so it got to 128 for 2 days! lolol
Muffin recipe printing as I type- WONDERFUL
Thanks for sharing;-)

Hello all!!

I haven't checked in here in awhile because I've been checking in over at the X checkin. But, I'm still on WW. Maintained over the holidays which I consider a good thing. Still trying to lose those last three lbs. Boy, they are like glue.

Anyway, have the PMS bloat today so not feeling too slim. I've been using up all my dailies, AP's and quite a few of my flexies. Since my daily allowance is down to 18 I find those flexies come in handy.

glad to see you are all doing well.

Buffy

Hi everyone....I got one blouse at the store today. It is very pretty though, with red stripes, and black stripes.

Amy, I found the yarn to make the shawl, and YUCK, I did not like it. I printed off a pattern for a dishcloth, and it is a 5 point star, so I will try that. Then I can float back and forth between the two, the socks and dishcloth. I got some circular needles to knit the socks. That is what my friend recommended.

Traci and Cheryl, great number to see on the scale.

Cheryl, it does not matter when I weigh, I do not look forward to weigh-in. Even if I am good, it does not mean a loss.

Tomorrow my workout will be the Leg Blaster for B&G's, and then CC#2. I will check in after WI. Buffy, it was nice to "see" you again!!!!

Lori

Hello everybody... Traci - I'm here and okay... just a little tired from working OT (early early mornings). I'm also having a knee problem that has me petrified! (see daily check-in). Not sure how I did it but I've already got a dr's appt for next Tuesday if it doesn't clear up. IMAX3 is on the rotation for tomorrow but I'm definitely not doing high impact. Will sub LIC cardio but will definitely be watching for signs of instability in my knee.

Off to bed...early morning again in the morning.

Hi again, everybody!

Traci, no problem, I knew you were thinking of me! :)

Lori, so glad you found a cute blouse. Just makes your day, doesn't it?

Jane, I'll say iMax 3 would be off the list for tomorrow!! So sorry you've been having knee trouble. Good thing you're heading straight to the doctor and not messing around. LIC cardio sounds like just the ticket.

I'm gearing myself up for the treadmill intervals tomorrow morning. I've been wimping out on those for the past couple of weeks and subbing other cardio instead. I know how much benefit those speed intervals give me, so tomorrow, it's DO OR DIE!!

Looking forward to the kickmax segments as well, those will be a first for me. Onward and upward!

Cheryl

Hi! My name is Claude and I'd like to join your checkin. I've been gone so long it feels like I need to reintroduce myself. I have been working out, trying some of those new Cathe workouts I got for Christmas and a few of those P90X workouts too! But my eating has been bad and I'm majorly stressed.

DH's grandmother and uncle moved out here from southern CA on Christmas Eve Day. Gram came down with a cold the day after Christmas and ended up at the hospital on New Year's day with the beginnings of pneumonia. She's been in ICU, hooked up to a respirator and sedated since. This weekend we found out that she's having trouble with her kidneys. SIL ended up staying an extra week because it didn't look good. Right now we're in a holding pattern - Gram's not getting worse, but she's not really making any significant improvements either. Although when I saw her today, the nurse said Gram did two 2-hour sessions of breathing exercises today - which is great for her. She has really bad emphysema (sp). My MIL has a meeting with the Dr. tomorrow to discuss the situation and our options. I don't like how that sounds.

Then today I got a call from an old friend who's been battling cancer. First he had testicular cancer, then it moved to his lungs, he told me today they just found it on his liver. He's telling me this is supposed to be one of the easiest cancers to cure, but for some reason it just doesn't want to go away for this guy. He's got two litle kids - one 6, another 8. I feel awful for this poor guy and his family. Why do things like this happen to nice people?

Ended up gaining 5 lbs over New Year's weekend - just like that, BAM 5 lbs up. Have already lost 2, but I'm ticked at myself for giving in to all those temptations. I think it was really fatigue setting in. I was worn out from all the entertaining plus, since Christmas, I've been working full time again. Don't like working five days, I really got used to my 3 day schedule. It'll keep up until at least the end of this month, hopefully not much longer.

So fill me in - I feel like I've been gone forever.

Amy - did your parents' visit go well overall? I remember reading something about Dad sending sawdust all over the inside of your car. I read your post today, did DH have a tough time during your parents' visit?

Traci - How's the P90X progress going? I haven't started the official rotation, but I've been doing a couple of the workouts. I was really worried about Plyometrics, but I did it this morning and I love it. It's a nice change from Cathe - didn't think I'd ever say that. How are your babies doing? One of them (sorry, I can't remember her name now) was sick last I recall. Is she all better?

Cheryl - how's that downward slide doing? You were kicking butt last time I checked in. Are all the press tours over? Are things setling down yet?

Jane - are you still going nonstop? If I remember correctly, you were putting in lots of OT and were doing really quick checkins. At least you got to checkin, I totally checked out for the past two weeks.

Teddygirl - how's it going, girlfriend? Are the neighbors still giving you a hard time?

Lori - what's new with you too? Sounds like you're starting a knitting project. Kudos to you, I never had the patience for knitting. Hope it comes out great!

Is Sandra still over at the Xer's checkin? I miss her posts too. I hope I didn't miss anyone. I thought about you guys often; I really missed your support and great attitudes. I'll try to get back more consistently, of course pending family crises.

Bedtime now - hope to be back tomorrow!

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.