Weight Watchers 1/4 THURSDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Thursday Gang! Hard to believe the first week of 2007 is almost under our belts! We then can say we officially survived & thrived the holiday season without too much damage! High 5!!

Up at 1am w/ sinus stuff today... worst year for me in my entire life. I guess it happens if you live in the same place a long time? Going on year 16 in Texas...

Yesterdays workout with Shoulders & Arms was awesome! I increased my wt load by 3-5 #s on every exercise (15 different ones). I feel really strong this week! Today is Yoga X and Abs. P90X Yoga X is really alot of upper body, core work...actually a great 92 minute lite cardio. (well its great IF you like Yoga... I just do it cuz I have to!)

;( TEDDYGIRL: I am so SORRY I missed you before your colonoscopy.... I'm sending good vibes and lots of angels your way today. I hope you know that I'm thinking of you as I know you dont have computer access at home. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{TG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:+ JANE: OMG that is TOO funny about cookies & DH! I swear men are indeed made from the same mold when it comes to that stuff! Good thing you werent PMSing or those cookies could have ened up ANYWHERE! lolol Glad you got IMAX2 in the first week of 2007! Thats a major accomplishment and has set the bar high!

:7 Cheryl: You mentioned a PT... Do you use one now? If so you know I have a TON of questions! lol Hope TM was fun yesterday... I am so ready for the gray days to go away! I really do have some kind of disorder... even in grade school I recall my friends saying I was "Solar Powered"... human wiring intrigues me!

:eek: AMY: How did dad do with canopy? I had flashes of him laying flat in yard waiting for you to finish a marathon w/o to help him! Your Cathe Collection is 99.9% complete now! WooHoo!!!! I swear all the choices just make it more difficult for me to decide what to do!

;-) LORI: Sorry scale got you down a bit... It is hard to NOT let it get to ya huh? I keep saying I'm going to keep it in perspective and I usually do byt there are days I just walk around scratching my head. Great job on getting ME done... have it but have never done it!

Sure feels like the group "shrunk" doesnt it? I know Kim is around and Buffy-Sandra are over at P90X but ....? Who am I missing?

Anyway...Good Day to all!

Gooood Mooooorning!

Jane, I'm laughing along with Traci at your cookie exploits. Boy, can I relate!

T-girl, all our love to you today, and please be well! It'll be over soon, and we can't wait to enjoy your spirit again!

Traci, awesome workout yesterday. Woo hoo! DH and I went to the PT once a week for about 2 years. Loved it, but because I wasn't doing Cathe at the time it was my only weight workout each week and that really limited the results. I have learned a lot from him, though, and am seriously thinking about going back once a month just for bf measurements, goal setting and a status check.

Today was PLB on Cathe's january schedule, but like a die hard idiot I'm substituting Butts & Guts because I haven't done it in about 3 weeks. So here goes.

I'll check back in a little later.
Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Whew, back again - B&G was killer, as expected and planned :)
Glad that's done - now off to the grindstone.

Amy, Jane, Lori, Buffy, Kim, Sandra - hope everyone's doing well!!
Claude, where are you? Hope you're doing alright.

Hugs to T-Girl!

Off to the grindstone ... sigh...

Cheryl

:+ :7 :D

Good Morning!!

Traci, the scale frustrates me, but I know I weighed at two different times, under different circumstances, so I am keeping that in perscective. But, I am going to go to the same meeting every week.

Cheryl, my rotation for today calls for PS Legs, and since I do not have that, I am going to do B&G also. I really want to do the Leg Blast Premix, but I am so anal about somethings, and the premix doesn't have floor work, and PS Legs does. It also says to run for 20 min. I may do CC #2. I am not much of a runner.

T-Girl, I hope yesterday went well for you??

Well, I have to make some Premier calls, hopefully get some more bookings on my calendar for Feb., and March, do my workout, and go grocery shopping. I will come back later.

Have a good day everyone!
Lori

Good Morning, ladies!!!

Well, the projects are officially complete!!! Dad and I did great yesterday with the canopy. Usually when we do something like that together, I end up frustrated and angry. NOT this time!!! We were thinking on the same level and actually had a good time! I think that a lot of the reason is because Dad has mellowed quite a bit! Anyway, this morning we replaced the chandelier that hangs over the kitchen table. Several months ago I was doing my Jack Black impression from Kong (where he's introducing Kong to the masses and throws up his hands) with the Kong movie in my hands. I had just purchased it for DH and was letting him know that I had in a really goofy way. Anyway, I just tapped the edge of the glass dome on the light fixture and the edge shattered and took a huge chunk of glass out. Well, we've had the replacement chandelier for several months and just haven't gotten around to changing it, but did this morning. Of course, DH needed to do most of it and will end up in the bed the rest of the day, but at least it's done! I love the way it looks and it's high enough not to risk breakage!!!:p

Lori- I am still reading the You: On a Diet book and they actually recommend that you don't focus on a single number on the scale, but a range of numbers. This takes the fluctuations into account that we all experience.

Jane- LOL about the cookies! That's the problem with most men.....they DON'T think of that stuff! It's like they can't see outside the box.

Well, I ended up going with Cathe's January rotation and did the first 2007 workout yesterday. I didn't quite do all of it, but I can tack on the ab work from B&G to today's workout. I am mixing up the first week's workouts anyway. I did yesterday's run, but it was longer than 45 minutes. I don't usually run for time, but for distance and I went 4.5 miles. Then, dad and I took the canopy down and I had forgotten until into it that I still had my HRM on. I noticed that I never really dropped my HR below 115 during the deconstruction.

Today I will probably do Imax 2 with the abs added on. Like I said, I am mixing the workouts up a bit. I will make PLB on Sunday, PUB on Friday and do SJP or CTX on Saturday. I will miss a day because I took Tuesday as an extra rest day. My calves and flank are a bit on the DOMmy side from the run yesterday, but it felt good. My hips were crabbing last night, but they are better today.

TG- I hope that everything went okay for your procedure!!!

Traci- I am actually proud of myself for holding out this long for adding to my Cathe stash!!! I will probably have to wait for another couple of months because the last 2 I want to get are the more expensive ones because of the double workouts on them.

I'll stop rambling now.

Later, chickadees!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm still around. I'm trying to cut down my internet time this year. I'm going for an every other day thing. No workout for me yesterday, but I ate well--although I was starving. Still taking down Christmas stuff and running DS to the potty every 15 minutes.

Have a great day!!
Kim

Amy - you and I will be together on PUB tomorrow morning. I'll be thinking about you as I'm moaning and wheezing :)

Cheryl

Hi again...I nearly killed myself working out today. I did not want to work out so long, but I fought with myself all morning, and knew I would be mad at myself if I didn't do what I had planned. I did B&G's, and then CC #2. It was a long time, but I enjoyed it, and I am glad it is over!!

Amy, my goal is to get into the 130's. It has been SO hard to get down in the 140's. As soon as I get into the 130's, I don't care if the scale says 139.5, I just want to be in the 130's. I think I would look gaunt & sick if I got into the 120's.

Well, I hope everyone has a great night....TTYT, Lori

Hey everybody! DH is coming home this evening so maybe the cookies won't be a problems for long. I haven't been tempted but I'm not PMSing... they'd better be gone by then!

I talked to DH about maybe getting on the TM and walking some. I think he is wanting to lose some weight because he feels so miserable all the time and gets sick at the drop of a hat. I think he is at a point where he wants to do something but finds what has to be done almost insurmountable. I can relate, I've been there before. I'm not going to push but I hope he makes up his mind to do something. Maybe he'll throw the cookies over the fence!

Hi gang- Wanted to do some personals before I call it a day in my office.

Accomplished workouts as planned- still on major Sinus drugs so will let DH fend for himself for dinner & I'll be hitting the bed really early tonight.

JANE: Good luck w/ DH & TM. I have a non exerciser too and I worry constantly! He carries an extra 25 pounds in his gut and it scares me to death. His is all about unhealthy foods. He eats out Breakfast & Lunch is addicted to carbs & sugar. He was brought up in a dessert every nite family so theres lots he'll need to change as he ages. I keep my mouth shut as he is a control freak by nature and any noise from me just sends him into "Screw You " mode... Not that he says it but I got the picture early on in our marriage. Good Luck!

LORI: High 5 on just getting it done today! I love it when I just push thru those mental barriers! GREAT JOB !!!!!

CHERYL: Happy PUBing w/ Amy tomorrow! Great idea visiting your PT every month...thats a great way to keep it all in check as well. Hope B&G gives you sweet sweet DOMS!

CLAUDE: Cheryl & I are looking for you! Where are you? Are you OK? We miss you!!!!

AMY: WooooooHoooooo Canopys down!!!!!!! I can just see you doing King Kongs in the house! Hey- submit that name to Cathe, I bet she'd come up w/ one heck of a move to match that with!!! Glad you have a rotation you are happy with! I swear I used to waste half the month deciding! Calf & Flank? Whats a flank? Does it really hurt bad when its hurting???

KIM: Happy to see you whenever! Wondering how long potty training actually takes?

TEDDYGIRL: Hope you are getting lots of rest!

Thats it for me kids.... Off to have a cup of decaf and feed the furry children.
Hugs to all!:7

Traci- You always crack me up!!! The flank is the portion of your back just above your buttocks, over the kidneys. Mine always have DOMs if I haven't run in a while and I figured out that it had been a couple of weeks for me. It's not pain actually, just soreness from muscle use. How's your shins???

I am another one who has a DH that's carrying about 40 lbs around the middle. He did really good about 19 months ago with losing weight and looking really good, but he's put it all back on and more. A lot of my DH's problem is that he hurts so much a lot of the time that he doesn't eat for all day, but then at night, he chows (don't ask, I don't!!!) and mainly on Nutty Bars (you know, the wafer cookie, peanut butter layers dipped in chocolate). I am lucky if I get him to eat dinner! I don't harp on it, because he's another obstinant Pollock!!!

Cheryl- You will more than likely have your PUB session completed before I even get out of bed!!! I will be heading that direction about 4 pm my time, which, I believe, is about 2 pm yours.

I have been having a great time hanging out with mom and dad. They have an appointment to get their windshield replaced on Monday, so they at least have to stay until then. My guess is that they will be heading back home around Wednesday/Thursday next week, but that's only a guess. They seem to be having a great time so far, much, MUCH better than the last trip! I have gotten a lot of knitting done as well, mom has re-inspired me to be able to sit and work on it!

I hope you all had a great day! I will see you all tomorrow night from work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.