Weight Watchers- 1/18 Thursday

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I woke up with 3 cats all over me and trapped because I HAD to go to the bathroom!!! Anyway, I also woke up starving! So, a bit of yogurt, apple and one of Cheryl's muffins, and I'm all better (oh, and a trip to the bathroom!:D )

Cheryl- You may of birthed only 3 of the 9, but it's still impressive that you herd 9 kids around! (I liken it to herding cats sometimes!!);-)

Just starting the thread as I was up, hoping Traci sleeps in a bit!;-)

Tonight is my WW meeting and "official" WI. This morning (much later) I need to go grocery shopping for the week. That's the trouble with clean eating....nothing has a shelf life!;-) Not complaining, mind you, heck I really love the way I feel and have felt this past week!

Two things I found on the web yesterday.....

1/ Amazon.com has 204 oz of Agave Nectar for $33 and some change. It comes in 17 oz squeeze bottles and a box of 12. I found that MUCH more inexpensive than $6+ at my local market!!!

2/ If you like BSN Dessert Lean protein shake stuff, order it from their website and in the coupon code, type LDPOXY5 and you'll get $5 off. Plus, depending on the flavor, you can get the 2# bottle for $20 which is cheaper than the 1# jug!!! (They are phasing out the 2# jugs I guess?). I picked up Cinnamon Roll 2# for $15.00!!!! What a deal!

Morning Amy * all to follow!
I have been sleeping in until 5am the past 2 weeks which is AWESOME. I always have 2 great restful weeks then BAM the ttom/HH insomnia... My body is thankful for the reprieve!
Got my Tosca book last night... read about half until I fell asleep. This morning I drank 20oz water before leaving bedroom... a first for me...coffee is ALWAYS the first thing to touch my lips! lol
I havent been to grocery store but I will venture out this afternoon and pick up produce/fruit. I like that her shopping list isnt so far off my current pantry staples. I really like how the book flows and will dig into those recipes later today.
Need to get to personals from past 2 days.... so sorry. Have a CE for Hospice today so I will be out of commish for a while mid day.
WI this AM has me back down to 130. Its been since Jan 9th.... Now to get back to the 120's so I can sneak up on Cheryl!
Amy- STOP helping me spend $$$$ :p WI will be awesome tonight!!! Remember that you have a clear goal now so thats worth at LEAST a half a pound a week! :7

Need to eat breakfast early as Tosca is cracking the whip!
I was curious tho... With her schedule of eating every 2.5 hours starting at 5am when does she workout? BEFORE 5am???? Oh my... I may have to modify a bit! Are the "meals" small enough portions that I can eat - wait 1 hour and then workout? THOUGHTS PLEASE before I change the program before I even get started! lololol
Great day to all- back w/ personals after coffee!:7

Finally Personals! WooHoo:eek:

:eek: CHERYL:
Your DH is too cool! I'd love to hear his demo! My memory took me back to my late 20's falling for an older guy in a band...lol I'd forgotten about that one! I was quite impressed when I googled you my dear! Everyone I know comes up EXCEPT me! I think thats a good thing tho.... You are quite the woman in the world... I respect people out there making a difference so much. Just wonderful! Your consistency with your lower weight is AWESOME! I am still fluxing 5#'s every few weeks with 30 day end result usually being about 1/2 pound week loss. Painstakingly slow but trying to stay focused on BF. I guess I could hide the scale as DH doesnt use it but that would just be too sensible wouldnt it? REALLY funny about Cathe Abs... I use ab hits alot and too find her earlier days so much less intense... I try to do about 20-30 minutes w/ Hits so I can get a good burn.

:eek: TGIRL: So glad you got your DVD issue resolved! Check one more thing off the ToDo List! Now you will be all set for any killer workout you want to pump out!

:eek: Annie: Hope we didnt scare you off already!

:eek: AMY: You must be so happy with all those bright shiny new toys... ahhhhhhh the feeling is so good! I'll live vicariously thru you for awhile until I get thru my spending sabatical! lol Hope we like the actual egg whites as much as we like their service! Thats ALOT of whites! Happy Happy WI today.... You ARE stomping on those pounds arent you??? Cant have them working their way west now can we????

:eek: JANE: Congrats on daughter making Lifetime! Thats fabulous and so motivating too! Hope your knee continues to improve... Missed you yesterday - hope all is well

:eek: LORI: Hope you find your perfect patterns so you can start creating! Half pound is AWESOME and add in the ttom - shoot- its GOLDEN! ^^^^^^5! Have a wonderful & safe trip!!! See ya next week.

:eek: GAYLE: Hope today is MAH-VA-LOUS! So where all are you checking in at these days? We miss you at X'ers

:eek: CLAUDE: How was that massage???? Much needed for sure! *&^%$%^& on sugar... poo poo!

:eek: Great day to all gotta get Legs & Back + Abs in this morning... We are up to 40 degrees today HOORAY almost tank top time!!!
:eek:

Good Morning again!

Traci- I was wondering the same thing about Tosca! With all the eating, when does she find time to workout!!???LOL!!! I am sorry that you are cut off from spending for the time being. I find that if I budget a little bit of spending for "me" into each paycheck, it prevents the massive drains in the long run!

Jane- OOOOOHHH, yes, please extend our congratulations to your daughter!!! Sorry to have forgotten to say that!

Oh, the coffee machine just beeped, "done"!!!!Yippee!!

Oh, Traci- I had to laugh about your water comment! I have kept a glass of water by my bed for so long I can't remember when I started!

Morning,

How is everyone today?

Tracie: glad the weather is starting too subside, or is it? I feel GREAT this morning must be the muti vitamin I take when I awake, I’m liking my new routine.

Last night, I did PUB, Nice!! :9 :9 I most definitely have to get me 12 lb dumbbells. I increase my wts from 10’s to 15 that’s a hugh jump, you think? My upper body is feeling it, reallll goodddd :D

This morning, I did Imax 2, always have a blast with that wo, tonight either legs & glutes or butts & guts. I’ll check in later, have a great morning all.

Teddygirl~

Morning everyone -
Massage felt wonderful. First thing he decided to do was work on my neck and right shoulder - I hadn't said anything when I walked in, but they had been bothering me all day. He just knew that is where most of my pain was yesterday. He is amazing that way. You'll lay on the table and he'll say you have pain there, there and here - and he's dead on!! Anyways, shoulder is being stubborn so we decided I need to go back next week. You don't have to twist my arm on that one :)!

This morning was Back and Biceps from P90X. Well actually, it was mostly biceps because I don't have a pull up bar, and I don't have any door opening into the den where I work out for band work. I decided to try using the door that opens into the hallway, but my band snapped after only five reps. So much for pull ups this morning! I told DH that we'll need to rig something up for pull ups in the den - he just looked at me like I'd lost my mind. I'm used to that look now:p .

OK - does anyone have any idea why I would be getting queasy every morning right after breakfast, lasting until almost lunch? No - I am definitely NOT pregnant. This has been going on for a week now and I can't figure out why. I'm going to start switching up my breakfast to see if it might be something I'm eating - but it's the weirdest thing.

I'll try to get back for personals later, in the meantime - everyone have a phenomenal Thursday!

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Good morning! Off today so have a little more time. I was MIA yesterday... just not enough time in the day!

Thanks for the congrats for DD. She was so excited. Yesterday (one day post-LT), she had a teacher's luncheon at school since school was dismissed early due to end of grading period... anyway.... she "celebrated" a little too much!! She called me and said she really wasn't sure what happened, just saw this person who looked like herself shoving food in her mouth! I told her not to worry about it, it happens... all the stress of trying to lose the weight and the stress of maintaining for six weeks. She was due. She got home and did LIC in its entirety (my copy of LIC.... she is mooching Cathe off me! LOL... she has finally got with the program and really likes Cathe after thinking she was crazy for a long time!)

Amy - I've tried to fine agave nectar on web calorie counters but can't find it in the databases I've looked at. How many calories per serving?

Traci - Is the Reno book worth the purchase? I've been eyeing it.

Claude - Sorry you are having problems with morning nausea. If you sure you aren't pregnant, she may need to have that checked out?

Off to get something/anything done today. I've been sooooo non-productive this morning.

Hi, everyone!

Wow, that first half of PLB is TOUGH! It was making my head spin a little and I almost bailed out... but when she got to the deadlifts I was okay and now I'm glad I did it. On to the TM - but taking time to check in while the two little doggies do their business outside :)

Claude, wow, the massage sounds like heaven. I'm so glad you went!
Queasy after breakfast? I guess it could be what you're eating, but I almost wonder if it could also be just your body's reaction to the stress you've been through of late. You might just have to choose easy to digest foods for a little while and take it a bit easy.

Jane, your daughter is so lucky to have you to help and support her! LIC was the perfect solution to that little bit of a stress-out she had.
Yes, Cathe is the best.

Interestingly, I just spent some time chatting back and forth on e-mail yesterday with the nutritionist friend of mine who is the one who told me about Egg Whites International. She's been through a lot of stress this year, and for the first time in her life let her nutrition all go - and hasn't worked out in 5 months - and now she's feeling like aliens have taken over her body and she's paying the price. I'm going to let her borrow the shorter step and Cathe's I've been gathering up for my Mom until Pres. Day so she can see how they do for her before she starts buying them for herself. I'm very curious to see how she does.

Teddygirl, great job on PUB and great choice for today!! I thought PLB was so tough to struggle through, but for me, PUB is the bomb. Yes, you definitely need to buy some 12 pound dumbbells. I don't know what I'd do without mine. Great workout!

Jane, agave nectar is 60 calories a Tbsp., I think - about the same as honey, but much lower glycemic and so sweet that a little bit goes very far. I shared some of the oatmeal cookies with my office yesterday and they were a big hit. With agave instead of brown sugar or honey I needed to add 2 extra cups of oats, because it made the batter more runny - but the cookies tasted so good. Not too sweet - just right. I used light raisins because that was all i had on hand, and those were also really good.

Amy, good luck on the WI tonight!!! Sounds like you're headed for good news, so hopefully you're looking forward to it. Yes, loving the Tosca Reno book. All the recipes look yummy.

I'm thinking of having the healthy egg salad this morning in a whole wheat tortilla for breakfast. Yum!

Traci, yes, my DH is too cool. I just love him. We've been married not quite 3 1/2 years (dated 1 1/4 years before that) and I feel like the luckiest person alive after the horrible 23 year first marriage. I have to pinch myself every day.

Interestingly, my ex's 3rd ex-in-progress still has all his e-mail passwords and has been tracking his notorious stuff. She forwarded me one of his recent e-mails to a woman he's trying to win over right now and it just about made me gag. I will be so relieved for her when her divorce from him is final. She's been separated a year with no progress and has to go to court with him on Jan. 25. My DH is tempted to go listen in at the court room just for laughs. I think I'll stay as far away as I can get!!!

Well, back to the TM. Deciding if I want to brave the intervals or just do 45 min. steady state. Hmmm...

Have a great morning, everyone! I'll check back in later -

Cheryl

Back from the grocery store. My fridge is overflowing with fresh fruits/veggies. I even have the fridge in the garage stuffed with veggies!!

Munching on oatmeal and eggwhites, now. I think that I may nap this afternoon before my workout and WI. I was up for a couple of hours early this morning and again at 0700.

Cheryl- I think that it's funny that you are friends with your ex's soon to be ex! What's up with the dirtbag ex, though? Does he just not get the clue that third strike is out???;-) I will have to try the oatmeal cookies, soon! I can't wait to try the other recipes! I went out and bought leeks for the chicken and bean soup recipes (I tend to not buy potatoes anymore)

PLB will be my Sunday workout. I like to do leg day on Sunday, that way my DOMS will kick in when I am off! Tonight is Imax2 and I think that I may add in a couple of intervals from Imax3 just for good measure.}(

TG- I saw that awared, and I think that its totally warranted!! Although I am still scared of DM!

Well, I need to finish putting the groceries away. I will check in later.

Ooooh, I am so happy! Weigh in was 127.4. I'm back in the groove again. Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

Decided on the 45 min. weightloss run, but at level 9, which I haven't managed to pull off in 6 weeks. I'm feeling so much better!

Traci, girl, we're going to pull this into the finish line together! We can do it! I know we can!

Cheryl

I want to buy a new Cathe toy:) So, I went to see what I can see. And, OMG, KPC + Legs & Glutes is a ((((MUST)))) have, I gotta have it :p :9 :p :9 :p

Man oh man, I can’t believe all the awesome premixes, got to save my pennies for sure now. I’m not going to be able to rest until its in my arms………;( ;( :D

Teddygirl~

Happy Afternoon to All !!!!!!

Finally got an avatar up...I'm standing on far right. Now the mystery is blown! hahaha This is my immediate in-law family that all live in houston.... Grows EVERY year!

AMY: I have always had 60-80oz's a day of water but it sure feels like more when you start at 5am! I'm still running to little ladies room! Hey toss me some veggies... I blew off store so the extent of my veggies (fresh that is) is cabbage... I love it but lord its been a week now! Gotta get to store early in AM!

TGIRL: So how are the results from all your extra leg work??? Still doing freestyle? LOL I really dont know how you are living without Legs & Glutes.... You will LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

CLAUDE: Oh DARN - I hate when the massage must be scheduled for multiple sessions! hehehe Hope you figure out that tummy.... I think Cherys right to try eating really lightly and see if that helps.

JANE: I'm LOVING the Tosca book....Nothing super new but written by a person I respect and my age (lol) and is written really well with some basic recipes that look awesome.

CHERYL: lol PLB! You love every minute of that torturous stuff! What a great friend you are to loan out cathe.... I'm not sure I'm that kind! So interesting about your ex... I bet you just cannot believe you were ever a part of his crazy world.... You have so much going for ya- Glad you & DH found each other. ^^^^^^^5 & Happy Dance for your WI!!! I am mentally preparing to be back BELOW 130 tomorrow... and thats IT no turning back its just full steam ahead!

Gayle- Lori- Annie hope all is well in your day!

back later...

Traci, love the picture!!! You are darling!!!
Now we've just gotta meet in person one of these days.

Yes, we're headed to 130 and below - no stopping us now!

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey guys- I've been meaning to post this...

BTW: Ahhhhhhh Cheryl...THANKS! Wouldnt it be great fun to find a central place and do a fun weekend this summer w/ the gang? I'd LOVE it!
Hey gang.... If anyone finds this helpful I keep a running list of Cathe rotations so I can easily look them up when deciding on rotations. Just wanted to share!

Apr-03 Muscle Endurance
May-03 Variety Training
Jun-03 Muscle Strength
Jul-03 Fat Loss & Definition
Aug-03 High/Low Intensity
Sep-03 High Intensity & Muscle Endurance
Oct-03 4-day Splits
Nov-03 All Circuit
Dec-03 Body Blast Series
Jan-04 NewYear Resolution
Feb-04 Cardio & Weights
Mar-04 N/A
Apr-04 Power & Strength
May-04 Jump Pump Stretch
Jun-04 Double Header
Jul-04 High Intensity
Aug-04 Body Fat- Legs & Glutes
Sep-04 Fitness Conditioning
Oct-04 N/A
Nov-04 4-day Spit w/ Cardio
Dec-04 N/A
Jan-05 NewYear Weight Loss
Feb-05 Cardio Blast
Mar-05 Hardcore Series 3 Rotaions
Apr-05 Build Strength
May-05 1- Body Part per Day
Jun-05 Cardio, Strenghth, Endurance & Flexibility
Jul-05 Total Body Summer Express
Aug-05 Boot Camp
Sep-05 Butts & Gutts
Oct-05 Upper Body Bliss
Nov-05 Fat Burn Focus
Dec-05 Timesavers
Jan-06 Lets Work
Feb-06 Keep it Going
Mar-06 Strong Like a Bull + 3 mth Beginner Rotations
Apr-06 Lower Body Bonanza
May-06 5 day Split
Jun-06 Rock Bottoms
Jul-06 Keeping Summer Fit
Aug-06 Muscular Endurance
Sep-06 Muscle Endurance
Oct-06 Strength Gains
Nov-06 Shock Your Body w/ New Series
Dec-06 Build Strength- Burn Fat w/ GS + New Series
Jan-07 Fat Burn

Thanks, Traci!

Okay, just 'cause of you I've finally entered an Avatar too :)

Have a great night, everyone!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.