Weight Watchers 1/10 WEDNESDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day Gals!

Coffee w/ my girlfriend was wonderful yesterday! We yak'ed it up for hours, solved all the worlds problems and celebrated Christmas! Just need more days like that to keep my sanity! Shoot I'm even thinking about a really part-time job these days.... My volunteer work has been slow last few months & I;m kinda going bonkers... I know that once weather warms and I am able to go to bay for 3-4 days a week I wont want the darn job tho so I am kind of stumped as to what to do.

Anyway.... Today is YOGA/Abs so I am going to pop in a new arrival: Ellen Barrett's Super SlimDown Yoga/Pilates Blend.

CLAUDE: wooHoo & happy happy yippee dance!!!!! I have missed you so much! {{{{{{{CLaude}}}}}}}} Oh my dear dear Claude my heart is heavy for you this morning... Here I was complaining & griping and then I read what is going on in your world. I am so sorry about Gram...Your friends on-going battle with cancer is just heartbreaking.. I do not know why it happens .... these are the things that test my faith everyday. Its so sad - so undefinable as to what it does to so many lives.. My greatest prayers are coming to you and all your loved ones. What a kind person you are to even care about whats going on with all of us at this point.... You are better than I... I'd still be in my cocoon.
All is well on my end... Holidays were tough for me this year for various reasons and I am still fighting the funk.... Your news certainly helps me to put it all in perspective and I thank you for sharing as I felt today that if I didnt get a kick in my depressed booty that I'd go mad. Your sharing has truly helped. PLEASE let me know if theres anything I can do for you... I dont know what but I do work w/ Hospice (terminally ill) people & families so if you want to talk just PM me & we can talk email or I'll call you. BTW: Yes Sandra is over at X'ers - I'll let her know to come read whats going on with you as I know she misses you and asks about the gang often. All my love & hugs.

Cheryl: I gather by your marathon workout yesterday you are feeling back at 100%? Guess you had just a yuck day- glad it didnt last too long! Hard to keep Iron Woman down! Intervals + KM Drills.... You are so awesome Cheryl.... I can barely get up the passion to do 1 a day this week.

Lori: Glad you found a blouse- just a little something new & pretty can make us feel good! Its really cool that you have found a new passion .... I'm sure whatever you create will be beautiful! Cant wait to hear your review on Leg Blaster today! I'm eager to dig into those next month!

JANE: Yea you're here!!! I am soooooo sorry about the knee! PLEASE get it checked out as it sounds potentially more serious than just a little sore. I also know you must be fried from all the long long days. Is this temporary like seasonal or is this your new norm?

Teddygirl: have a great day- Hope all is well. Did you take yesterday off from work?

Chat later.

Goood Moooorning!

Claude, it is so good to have you back. I am stunned at all you have been through in the past several weeks. Traci is right, it really puts things in perspective. We're all here for you, girl!
Three pounds up.... that's minor. It's amazing you've held it together as well as you have.

I still have a tickly cough this morning, but I don't think it'll affect my workout. I hope not. Getting ready to get started here!

More later - have a great morning, everyone!

Cheryl

Morning everyone -

Got up and decided to take it easy so I popped in Core Synergystics. Well, that wasn't easy! But you know how it goes, by the end, I was glad I'd done it.

Stomach is felling a bit queasy now - not sure if it's overworked core muscles or something else. I'm hoping it'll pass quickly as I've got lots to do.

My DH and his sis went to meet with MIL, uncle and Gram's doc at 9 am. It's only 9:15 and I'm anxious to get an update. Maybe that's why I feel queasy?

Tracy - so sorry that you've in the dumps. It happens and somehow we get through. Thanks for your kind words and support. Right now it feels kind of surreal, like it's happening to someone else's family and I'm just witnessing it. I guess my way of dealing with it is to compartmentalize things - separate the facts vs emotions. I know I'll need to deal with the emotions later on, but it's getting me through the immediate crisis. Otherwise I'd be a complete basket case.

Cheryl - thanks for the support. Hoep that cough goes away quick! You're a busy lady with lots to do!!!

OK, time to get to work. I'll let you know if I hear anything more on Gram.

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Okay, end result was one hour of cardio.... I made it through the speed intervals (killer!) and couldn't manage the leg drills after that so I finished out the hour on the TM. Good enough for today.
I'm dripping. I think I'll weigh in a little later.

Have a great morning, everyone!

Cheryl

Good Morning!

Claude- It's so good to see you again! I am sorry for what your family is going through right now. I understand how this time is very difficult, especially when trying to figure out what's best for a loved ones health! I see it all the time at work! Rest assured that you are in our thoughs and prayers!

Traci- I am sorry for the funk!!! I hope that this time passes quickly. I know how tax time always brings out the worst in people!!

Lori- Congrats on the blouse! I know that sometimes it's hard to find cute stuff!

Well, I trudged myself through Imax 3 yesterday and for good measure, I did GS Chest and Triceps. I thought for sure that my DOMS would be active this morning, but they don't feel too bad. Of course, that's what I said last week after PLB and I can still feel the DOMs in my hamstrings!!!

Cheryl- Those muffins sound yummy! I am going to have to try them!

Yesterday, my oatmeal was yummy. I typically don't like oatmeal because it feels like wallpaper paste. Yesterday I found my "Fluffy Oatmeal" recipe and I love it. Basically, you boil rolled (not instant) for 2 minutes, drain off almost all the water, put the oats in a steamer basket and steam them for 6-10 minutes. They are fluffy and light and don't dry to the bowl like glue!!!

I will check in with you guys later. I have some errands today after my facial. I had forgotten that I had one scheduled until they called to confirm the appt yesterday. I was in the middle of 10 loads of laundry (stripping the beds!)!

Hurray, Hurray, Hurray - weigh in was 128.6!!! Oh, happy day.
And the best part is that these last 8-10 pounds are the parts that bother me most, like the little soft pads in the back above the top of the low-rider jeans :(

Now I just need to get to the point that I don't have to spend the first 2-3 days of each week undoing the sins of the weekend before I can progress anymore! I think Cathe's calendar will help. I have the Jan 1 weight emblazoned right on the top, so it's easy to see if I'm making real progress or just spinning my wheels.

Oh, what a wonderful day!

Amy, everyone, my copy of Eating Clean came yesterday and I read pretty much the whole book last night. She can't say enough about the benefits of oatmeal. Her advice seems to pretty much follow the standard bodybuilder diet. I think it's a little extreme to live with all the time - you'd inevitably fall off the wagon from time to time, and I'd rather adopt a program that's 90% clean, fits within the WW guidelines, and allows you to realistically make it a permanent lifestyle.

The book is glossy and beautiful and the very best part of it is all the recipes in the back, with pictures. Every one of those recipes looks good.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Cheryl

Cheryl- ya mean you didnt have enough leg endurance left for drills after your MARATHON INTERVALS???? Oh my what is this world coming to??? :eek: ;-)
You stinker.......I am so happy for your scale wt today........ Wish I could report the same but maybe by Fridays WI..... We shall see. Feel perhaps I am plateauing a bit now that I'm in Week 10 of P90X but I shook things up a bit today so maybe..... *on knees pleading*

AMY: I had oatmeal for first time today in moons.... I ended up adding more water cuz as I was eating I thought... "Hmmm sure looks like paste!" lololol we we born siamese twins?

OK - I am STILL waiting on my dang Eat Clean Book! Should be here today or tomorrow but I simply am sitting on pins & needles waiting!!!
I alway think theres going to be a magic AHA moment that will just turn my eating around forever! lol I dont want much do I????

Shoot- We found Claude & now Teddys gone missing..... Ya'll sure are keeping me on my toes!

Off to Yoga/Pilates myself for a while.

Hi again -
Just got the update from my DH - they took Gram off the respirator. They've told us she isn't being sedated anymore, but they wanted to keep her on morphine. Family asked them not to because they thought it was making her more sleepy, but I don't know why she was on it in the first place - what if she really does need it?

The Doc is giving her about a 25% of pulling through. He's very concerned about her breathing although he wasn't aware that she had severe breathing difficulties before the pneumonia. DH said that after they took the respirator out, Gram still didn't wake up and respond. I don't know if that's normal or not. She's 89 so it's not like she hasn't lived a full life, but still.

I wished I had gone to the meeting with the doc, there are a whole bunch of questions that my DH couldn't answer like what meds is she still on, if she pulls through will she need dialysis, will this doc continue treating her after she gets out of the hospital. There were four family members at this meeting - you'd think one of them would think to ask these things!! OK, I'm ranting.

Now I know my tummy issues are definitely related to this. The queasies are acting up again. I better get back to work before I start to lose it.

Hope everyone else is having a better day!
Claude

PS - Way to go on the scale victory, Cheryl!

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Wow, Claude, it's no wonder your stomach is in complete knots! This is such stressful news, and so many questions. My prayers are with you.

Now is a time to just be good to yourself. Easy to digest comfort foods only, and workouts only if they're a helpful way to relieve stress...

Hang in there, our friend {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

-Cheryl

Claude: Thank you for the update... Cheryl is 100% on target... easy tummy comfort food... rest or workout WHATEVER brings your stress level down. As far as the unasked questions.... I know what you mean... my sister in CA used to go to all my moms Dr appts and same thing...never asked a pertinent question. Its so frustrating...everyone is truly doing the best they know how to do. You can always call the doc yourself if its making you nuts. Thats what I did!
Much love- many many hugs
T

Hi everyone....I gained 1 lb.!! TTOM is supposed to start Monday, and that is some of it, but I was bummed. I knew before I left because weighed myself, so I grabbed my Tracker. I always thought I was a pretty healthy eater, but I am getting one good serving of protein a day. Yvonne pointed that out to me. I told her I am dizzy sometimes when I stand up, and she said that very well could be why, too many carbs, and not enough protein. Of course, she also said I could not use my FP's, I usually use about 1/2. I am going for the protein first. I just got done eating some tuna.

Do you have any good protein ideas???

I did B&G's Leg Blast premix this morning. That is one of the hardest workout I have ever done. Near the end I kept thinking "What is she trying to do to me??" It was reaaly tough. I really struggled thru the end of CC #1.

Claude, I hope everything turns out ok with Grandma. I will be praying for you.
Lori

Lori, here is a protein idea out of the Eating Clean book that I really liked (and haven't tried yet)

Ziploc Omelet

Tosca Reno can't say enough about egg whites being the perfect protein. Here's one of her ideas for making them easy to use -

ingredients - one ziploc feezer bag per omelet
4 egg whites and 1/2 cup vegetables of choice per omelet. Mix them up in the bags (6-8 at once) The vegetables can include onion, green pepper, salsa, tomato. You can also season with garlic powder and turmeric for extra punch. Get ALL the air out of the bags when you seal.

Get the pan of water heated to a rolling boil. Drop the bags in and boil for exactly 13 minutes, and slide the omelet out onto your plate or save to microwave for a few seconds later - easy to take along for lunch or snacks.

101 calories and 15g. protein, .5g fat and 6.5g carbohydrates.

Maybe this will help! Good luck!
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Cheryl

Thank You Cheryl, I printed this off. I just don't understand what the (6-8 at once) means?? Egg Whites?
Lori

Howdy everybody....

Claude{{{{{HUGS}}}}} you and your family are in my prayers. I'm so sorry. I'm glad they got her off the respirator and she is holding her own... keep us posted.

Traci - about work... somehow we got behind about a year ago and can't seem to get caught up. They finally brought in a service to help clear up the worst of it. One thing that happened is our business went up about 25%, so says our management, and the staff was expanded 0%. They just hired a new person but someone had to quit in December and that position is posted, so we are pretty much sitting and spinning.

Hello to everyone else.... Cheryl HURRAY on the scale!!

I almost did GS C&T today because I was scared to do anything on my knee but at the last minute I put in LIS and did that and did okay, then put in LIC and did three combos with the blasts then the stretch. 1 hour 5 minutes.. not IMAX3 but hey.... it was a good workout. There is something to be said for having little workouts like LIS around when you need them!

G'night

Lori, the 6-8 at once means you can boil as many as 6 to 8 bags at one time in the same pot (heh, heh)

This would also be a good way to boil up the eggs for the egg salad we talked about - one whole egg plus an extra 2-3 whites in a bag, boiled up and ready to slip out and chop up for egg salad on whole wheat bread or a wrap or a pita.

Sorry to be confusing!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.