Weight Watcher 12/17 SUNDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning all- Severe sugar hangover (not alot but I was cleanx().... SO TIRED - Kitchen Disaster... Booty DOMS so strong.....
Will be back w/ personals & scoop- Just wanted to say good morning as I'll be recouping & cleaning (again!) until late morning.
Best of day to all!

Traci- Sorry about the Kitchen disaster! That's the part of having parties that I absolutely HATE!!! It's all so easy to put the spread out, but I hate cleaning it up!

Last night was the cardio timesaver from LIC. It timed out to be about 48 minutes, so I tossed in Cardio fusion and did the compilation step routine from that. It was also the first time I did anything on the 8" step!! My glutes are feeling it this morning!

Yesterday not only did I blow off working out but I finished off my flexies as well. Don't often do that but I was feeling a bit bingey. At least I kept track which is good. If I don't keep track of my points it can get really ugly.

Back on track today. I'm going to to P90X legs and back and ARX.

Buffy

I'm back... Good morning Amy & Buffy... or is it Good night Amy & Good Morning Buffy.... and of course waves ~~~~ to all!
Kitchen spotless, pantry & fridge all clean & organized & I tried to go back to sleep but just wasted an hour of the day!x(
LOLOLOL: 1 casualty w/ a christmas decoration...... DH BROKE WHILE HELPING ME CLEAN LAST NIGHT! lolololol...... He had just said..."Well Boo, we made it thru this year without anything being brokken!." 5 seconds later CRASH I am so happy I dont get all freaked out about that stuff... to me its just stuff and memories are all in my heart and pics help too as I age!

My body is really upset with me about not eating clean yesterday... I actually have carb craving for first time in weeks & weeks since I got off sugar. Back to a gallon + of water today to try and flush system... will also be a heavy veggie & lean protein day.

Yesterday before Party I did Timesaver 1 cardio & was feeling great so did Timesaver 2 and abs as well. It was my P90X rest day but today is a very difficult day w/ Ch-SH-Tri so I may take today as rest if I cant do justice to the routine. I really want to continue to give the last 6 weeks my all and if it takes me a bit longer to complete so be it.

Amy: AWESOME Cardio yesterday!!! Are you still doing your Jari Love?

Buffy: Glad you took rest when body needed it...smart lady. Enjoy P90 today.

Cheryl: Happy Anniversary!!!! What # is it? How was your celebration? Congrats on scale after travels.... You go girl! I used to travel 3 weeks a month for work... scale took 48-72 hours to get rid of plane bloat... What causes that? Kinda scary when you think about it...air pressure or something? Anyway.. I do believe that means that you LOST wt ewhile gone... You'll see it any day now!:7

LORI: OH HAPPY DAY! I am so excited about dad coming home! It is truly amazing to me how quickly the human body is capable of recovering from trauma.... BIG BIG HUGS & SMILES coming your way- Best news I had today!!!!

Happy Day and Love and Laughter to all in check-in wherever you all may be!:7

Buffy, I am following in your shoes today. I almost took a "All or Nothing Day," and totally went off the deep end with eating. But, I decided I am not going to work out, which will give me 2 rest days this week, and I am going to count my points. I will probably go to my WI with hardly and FP's left.

I am just tired, and feel emoitionally spent. It was a long week, but my dad should be home, or on his way right now, and it is over. Maybe less exercise, and more eating will shock my system, and I will have a big loss Weds.

Have any of you ever gone to www.aimeesadventures.com?? I think that is the correct website? It is, I just looked it up. I hate cooking, and am not a cookbook person, but she has the most awesome recipes on her website, and a cookbook you can buy. It is the one and only cookbook I use. I just started a white Chicken Chili in the crockpot for me to eat this week.

Have a good day all.....Lori

Good morning, everyone!

Traci - it's the dry air and the air pressure in the plane that causes dehydration, no matter how much you drink, it seems... and now they don't let you carry water on board.

It's the reason some people have thrombosis on the long flights. That plus the weariness and stress is a perfect storm for binging when you finally get back home.

Lori, it's no wonder you feel emotionally spent. It sounds like you're hanging in there, though.

On sugar binges - I don't know if this will help anyone else, but after reading all the good health info about dark chocolate I've been working in two squares of dark chocolate a day (even on the press tour). It's 84 calories for 2 squares of Dove Silky Dark and it seems just right - not a trigger for me like milk chocolate would be.

I also make a pumpkin pudding that is basically a low glycemic low fat version of pumpkin pie filling that I can have with lite whipped cream for a nice snack or light meal. A great way to satisfy my sweet tooth and also get those beta carotenes in. Let me know if anyone wants me to post the recipe.

This was my 3rd anniversary. Woo hoo! Was married 23 years in the very bad first marriage I was in, then was single 3 years. This marriage is heaven. I am so lucky.

This morning I was eyeing the Gauntlet, but was still too tired from the trip to face it. So I did Rhythmic Step followed by Stretch Max #2 on the ball.

Tomorrow will be PUB, I think, followed by a circuit if I can possibly manage it... I know I can't follow PUB with a circuit the next day, so that's my incentive to try to work both into one workout day. We'll see.

Making lasagne later today for the kids, but I can resist that. Will probably substitute tomato soup with a little cheese for myself :)

Have a great morning, everyone!!
Cheryl :*

Lori - That is a great website for recipes. They look really easy. I took a look at the crockpot recipes and they look awesome. Thanks.

Buffy

Hi everyone -
I don't even know how to start this . My kitty died last night. He was so playful and his normal loveable self yesterday and this morning he was gone. Must say, it's been a shock. I've got so much to do today and I'm walking around not feeling like doing much of anything. Weird thing is he was only about 2 years old. My other kitty is almost 18 years old and she's going strong. We can't figure out what happened. Well, this sucks, don't know how else to say it.

Needless to say, this morning's workout didn't happen. Not sure it's going to happen at all today. I really need to get to some office work done, maybe getting my brain distracted will help.

Friday's party went off so well. My dog was the hit of the party - he behaved so beautifully - I was so worried he would get overexcited and start jumping and being a plain old bad dog, but he was great. Time flew and eveyone seemed to have a great time. Don't have tons of leftovers, mostly sweets, but those will go to work tomorrow.

Lori - so glad that your Dad is doing so well. Sounds like he's really back on track. I'm sure your tests will go fine. You've been under so much stress with your dad, that's probably what's setting everything off.

Traci - glad to hear that your party went well. LOL at DH breaking something. That's usually my thing - DH says I keep life interesting.

Jane - you heard the heartbeat?? Wow, that makes it all so much more real, don't you think? When I heard my daughter's heartbeat it was like, "wow, it's really happening! She's really inside there!" You must be so excited about little Joey!!

Amy - LOL at your WW's meeting antics. You go girl!

Teddygirl - never you mind about my sad weekend, pets are definitely worth it, even if I am in tears today. Good luck with the neighbors!!

Cheryl - congrats on a successful press tour and the anniversary!!

Buffy - Dont' worry about the bingies - we all get them once in a while. Sometimes I think we almost need them once in a while to remind ourselves why we like to eat clean!!

Well, I'm going to try to get some work done now. I may be back later.

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Cheryl-
I'm raising my hand for that recipe!`````````````````````
I LOVE pumpkin and it is soooo good for you. THANK YOU for offering so I didnt have to beg!
So happy for you on your 3 years... I had a bad one 20 years ago, kept me single until 5 years ago. I good marriage is heaven on earth even with lifes bumps... I am a better person on this earth for having my DH in life thats for sure! LOL on PUB + Circuit day.... I av=ctually completely understand & support your logic! Enjoy every bit of it

Oh Claude {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{claude}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} My heart is breaking for you and your loss. My God what a shock. Thats got to be the worst way to endure a loss- to be blindsided by that is so awful. I am so so so sorry I dont know how to express it deeply enough in words. My thoughts are with you and your family... its just devastating.
All the rest - dont worry about it. You do what you need to do today to grieve. All my hugs & love

Claude, I am so sorry. My 3 Shih Tzu's are my children, I can only imagine what you are going thru today. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Lori

hi all.... short right now.. just got off work and need to hit the TM ASAP. I had a terrible eating day yesterday and OD'ed on sugar (cowboy cookies)

Claude - I'm so sorry about your pet... I can relate since I lost Jasper in August. I am so so sorry.

Traci - I guess we have to be totally off sugar all the time to keep those cravings at bay huh? It is a vicious cycle for me that is so hard to break when I start. I think I need a sponsor like AA does!

Cheryl - I'd love that pumpkin pudding recipe. Also today is my anniversary. I was lucky, my first time was the charm. I've been married to the same man for 27 years today. He can be the most exasperating thing at times and doesn't usually tell me (okay almost never) how he feels... his card he picked out summed it all up....

here's it is...

I leave too many compliments unspoken,
too many of my thank-yous go unsaid,
Too many times the right words just escape me,
and I tend to hope you'll read my mind instead,
And I'm not sure I'll ever get much better
at saying all I ought to say to you,
But please believe, I always, always notice
how wonderful you are the whole year through.

I am in tears again... shoot....

Off to the treadmill.

Shoot Jane You made me cry too.... Claude had me crying.... OH SHOOT ots just so hard not to cry on any given day for me then add on sugar detox day.... Its a blubbery mess today!
DH was just a tad cranky at me earlier and I burst into tears for 30 minutes...... my oh my Its a good thing thats It GOOD to cry.

Hi, everyone - back with the recipe - but SO SORRY to hear about
Claude's kitty.... darn it anyway. Losing a pet is the hardest thing ever, I think. I am so sorry for you.

Here's the recipe. I always double it to make two pie plates full. It lasts for several weeks in the fridge since I'm generally the only one eating it :)

Pumpkin Pudding
(Double recipe)

1 large can pumpkin
2 eggs (I use the brown Omega 3 ones)
1 cup sugar or sweetener (I've used both Sucanet, which is raw cane sugar, or Agave Nectar, which is like honey but more low glycemic and I like it equally well with either)
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
2 cans fat free evaporated milk

Preheat oven to 350. Beat the two eggs, then beat in the pumpkin. Add sweetener, salt and spices and blend. Mix in the two cans of evap. milk and pour in carefully. Pour into two glass pie plates and bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool on a rack and serve room temperature or chilled. Great with light whipped cream (I've heard the fat free/sugar free whipped toppings have so many additives they're a very bad bargain). 1/6 pie plate serving is 140 calories (3 points) plus whatever topping you add.

Have a great afternoon, everybody!
Cheryl

Thanks so much for your thoughts - we're getting through this ok. We're all sad and pretty low key today, but we're functioning.

Boomer was the best of all our cats (and we've had four). He was always with us, whatever room we were in, he had to be there - usually lying in the most inconvenient spots (like right in front of the sink while I cooked dinner). Even though he was two years old, he was still very playful - his favorite toy was the cap to a water bottle. We found about 14 when we cleaned under the stove! He was incredibly lovable too - used to jump into your lap the moment you sat down and immediately settle in for a nap - no walking around in circles to mush your lap into the right shape; nope, he would just plop right down. He even gave an occasional hug and kiss. We're going to miss him a lot.

OK, enough reminiscing (sp?). I had to comment on Jane's card. It brought tears to my eyes, the good kind! What a wonderful hubby you have.

Never got the workout in and my eating was pretty lousy today. No guilt or worries though. More important things on my mind for now.

Off to try and get some sleep before the week begins. Thanks again for being here.

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Claude- I am so very sorry to hear about Boomer! HUGS!!!!! to you and your family!!! My Jellibean is another "with" cat.....just loves to be 'with', doesn't matter what you are doing, he's got to be there (had to LOL about the dinner comment, I have tripped over Beaner several times while cooking dinner because he's usually at my feet in front of the stove!)

Jane- Congratulations on the wonderful DH with the wonderful card!! Happy Anniversary. DH and I have our "church" anniversary next week on the 31st. I had originally planned on getting married on the 31st to honor my grandparents (theirs was Dec 31st 1919, mine was going to be 1999). Had all the plans made, but ended up getting married in August because DH and I didn't want to live together before getting married, and he was finished with is Navy discharge then. We still had the church wedding on the 31st though!

Cheryl- Happy Anniversary to you as well! It's also the inability to move and stretch in the planes that causes the clots to form in the legs. Great job on the trip!

Lori- I am so glad that your dad is finally home! He will do much better now that he's home! A lot of times, just getting into your own bed and surroundings increases moral, therefore increases surgical recovery!

Traci- Yes, I am still doing Jari Love on Fridays and Sundays. Tonight I upped my weights to 12# (from 8# a couple of weeks ago) for lower body work and 10# for upper body work. I know that it doesn't sound like a lot, but when you are using 12# weights for 74 squats (not counting the pulses, either) it really adds up and is felt!!! LOL at DH breaking something right after mentioning it! My DH woke me up this afternoon putting a clock up on the wall! When I went out to see what he was doing, he turned around and said, "Oh, you can hear that? I didn't think you'd be able to." Um, okay, you are drilling into the wall and screwing a screw in to hang a clock and you didn't think I'd be able to hear that??? I guess he forgot that I have "dog" hearing (according to my brothers anyway!)x( Whatever....he did a good job hanging it, it looks good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.