Weight Lost: What Works Best For Your Body?

CynthiaF

Since I'm rather new here, I realize you all may have had this discussion already, and if so... feel free to point me to the thread. :)

What way of eating seem to work best for you when trying to lose weight?

When trying to lose weight, I noticed the low carb way of eating always works best for me, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because I LOVE eating a lot of fruit or drinking fresh juice. Maybe I overdo it because this slows my weightloss, or I don't lose at all. But when I eat protein and veggies, and eliminate the fruit and of course simple carbs, I start to lose weight. sigh

Too bad I can't simply live off fruit and salads. :) I love grilled chicken, but other than that I really wouldn't miss meat very much if I eliminated it from my diet.

Cynthia,
You will probably get more responses if you post your question in the Open Discussion thread. (Not everyone visits this thread since it is for group check-ins.)

Personally, I'd recommend the e-book _Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle_ by Tom Venuto. I bought it at the recommendation of others on these boards and am glad I made the purchase. It makes the most sense to me about weight loss and fitness than anything else I've ever read.

In my experience, I've become most fit (and lost fat) when I'm working hard (running & lifting) and fueling my body properly with a balance of carbs, protein, and fats. (I strive for 40/30/30 but often I'm a little higher with my carbs.) I think I would question any diet which limited fresh fruit and juice.

Good luck!
Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.