##### Wednesday Kettlebellin' #####

Gayle

Cathlete
Good morning!

Deanie – I hope your blood work all comes back fine. I don’t mind fasting when I want to fast, but fasting whenever I HAVE to always stinks!:mad:

Melissa – Nice workout yesterday! I really like halos. What web design program are you talking about? I may know of ways to get it at a discount. PM me if you want. I can’t wait to see your site! It sounds great. :)

Happy birthday to DS6!!!

I’m definitely leaning towards glass for the backsplash. I’m not sure what color, but definitely something lighter than the paint and counter. I want it to be interesting, but not overpower the countertop. Maybe something that’s all one color, but with tiles of different textures – glossy, frosted, rippled, etc. I really just need to bite the bullet and go to a tile store.

Jane – Doing Firepower TWICE totally re-establishes your Wonder Woman status! I like what you planned for last night. We’re supposed to be in the 70’s by Friday!:)

Rhonda – WTG on the swings!:)

Hi Marcy and Ann!

Here’s what I did last night:

Dynamic warm up, lots of hip openers

ETK: 9 minutes TGU @ 12kg

• I really like these, they’re feeling smoother
  • I have no idea how many I did, lost count after 3
  • At what point should I increase weight on these???

I have some sciatic nerve “discomfort” going on with my left side. I definitely think the sandbag workout is to blame. My regular chiro appointment is Friday. So I’m resting tonight and doing some stretching. I’m planning to go skiing tomorrow.:)

Good Morning!

Today's workout: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/
it was okay, a little tough. Swings were great though!:)

Gayle::: Hope you feel better! I think you could increase your tgu's. if you only do 1l/1r with the 16kg in 5 minutes, its a starting point, and work from there. Do you have a 30#kb? that may be an easier jump. Or use a barbell with 30# on it. If they are going smooth and you want a challenge, I think its time to move up....JMO:eek: Let us know what you decide for the back splash!

Have fun skiing tomorrow!

Thanks for starting the thread lately!!!:):):) Its spring break, so I am sleeping late:) and working out late!!

Blood work came back fine, but since I don't eat eggs or cheese, I have a small vitamin D deficiency... have to take meds for 2 months 2X a week... I may start adding in cheese and eggs to my diet.....

Melissa::: The webiste sounds interesting! can't wait to see it! I am doing the same ETK as you! LOL! But I am only at 5X3-4-5 this week, and I want to do at least 2 weeks of that. if I am reading the ETK book correctly, once you hit 5X5, you are done ETK and can test with a heavier bell and do the SSST. Once you press the heavier bell 5-8X, you can start ETK over again. To totally pass ETK, for women, you need to press a bell 1/4 of your body weight and pass the SSST with a 12kg. Once you've done that, you have passed ETK:):):)
For me personally, I am already doing the press part, and I'm sure I can do the 10 min of 200 snatches with the 12kg, so I am going to try for the 100 snatches with the 16kg in 5 min!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: we'll see how close I come! not sure if I can do that!:eek:

Jane:: Firepower 2X????:eek::eek: You rock baby!!!:):):)

Rhonda::: WTG with 200 swings and class!

waves to Marcy and Ann!!!

Have a groovy day today gals!!!:cool:

Just time for a hit and run:

I did the ETK, 30# - and after reading your post Deanie, I will definitely continue until I can do 35#. That is about, maybe a little less, than 1/4 of my bodyweight. I think it is, at least, I am not really sure how much I weight anymore. I honestly feel like I don't understand the book like you do - maybe I get distracted by his funny faces in the pictures or the busyness of the pictures and side articles??? I don't know - I am used to plain text, or at least that's my excuse, but when you say it I understand it better.

Gayle, if I had my way I would have a brick-colored glossy backsplash in our kitchen. Well, I guess I should say "if we had the money." :p

I did 8 minutes of swings, 1:40/20
1 round with 35#
2 rounds with 30#
last round hand to hands + 30# two handed through the rest period

Total of 274 swings

See you soon! :)

Melissa

Melissa::: Can't believe I forgot to say HAPPY BDAY to your DS!!! my baby is 10 so I know how you feel....:):(:):(:):)....Yes, every time I read ETK, I learn something new.:eek:..I wasn't sure how much I weigh either, but then I went to the dr's! anyway, 35# is more than 1/4 of my body weight, but 30# is less, so I am going with the 35#. I prefer not knowing how much I weigh and go by how my clothes feel. I get to caught up in the #'s and I know I shouldn't.

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure if I'm working out today. I may take a rest day. If I workout, I'll do the workout from Monday. I'm really sore though.

My Illinois sister is going home today so today is mom's first day home alone. She is walking around fine but she is very, very tired. I'm hoping she will get some much needed rest. We are taking turns sleeping over there at night.

Thanks for the Wonder Woman status but I looked pretty week doing it. :eek:

The workout last night was tough. I took very small breaks but those manmakers and ball slams really got to me. I did about 4 rounds in 30 minutes.

It's going to be in the 80's for at least the next 10 days with no rain. I'm hoping my backyard will dry out. It's very pretty here because all the dogwoods and azaleas are in bloom!

Gayle ~ I think you could probably get some really cool recycled glass to use as your back splash. Enjoy your rest day.

Deanie ~ I'm glad your blood work came back good. I eat lots of eggs (whites and hard boiled). I LOVE cheese. I just don't eat too much of it.

Melissa ~ I love your website idea. It's sounds fabulous. I can't wait to see it. Happy Birthday to DS!!

Rhonda ~ WTG with the 200 swings. This is a great workout and something that you can tack on to any workout.

Hi to Marcy and Ann.

Okay, I found this good video from Anthony at AOS about finishing ETK and not being able to press the next size bell.... this may be me.... so I may do this after ETK or before I start another round.....
http://www.artofstrength.com/videos/minute-of-strength-2007-videos/enhancing-etk-to-progress.aspx

Melissa::: I feel a little bad:eek:.... I didn't mean you weren't done after 12ish weeks, you could be.... and you worked really hard to get there so you should be proud. You completed a round of ETK and that counts too!:) This is just my second time thru and I am really enjoying doing the ETK from the actual book so much, and I tend to be literal!:p

I actually like SIM and I do think it builds strength, but I agree I like ETK better. Its simple: a push and a pull.:) I think Resolution from AOS is also really good - resolution I is a press and swings (and swings work the same muscles as the dead lift)...

Jane::: aka Wonder woman::: Enjoy your rest day!

later gators!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.