We Hate Cardio Except for August, Who Apparently Loves It

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Good morning!

I'm going back out there! Wish me luck on finding shoes. I'll BBL:*

Just for teh record, this is my rest day.:)

I am here for a second...got get back to work, but wanted to send a good morning to everyone!

I will try to bb in a bit!

Hi there!

Kate's up to 999? Is THAT why she's not checking in? So she can enjoy that number for a bit? LOL.

I'm back and it's 2:30am so I'm going to keep this short. I did my :+ BELOVED HOUR OF CARDIO :+ with Christi today. Mm Mm Mmm! So dang fun, so dang fun. Tomorrow is my last Jari workout for a while. Yippee! Or I mean, er, it was a great rotation. x(

Michele - Okay. So here's the real question. What IS chicken broth? Do you buy some liquid in a container that is marked "Chicken Broth" at the store? What is in it? LOL. I could ask Mom to make some, now there's an idea. But I'm afraid she'd ask me the same question. "What is chicken broth?" :* It seems so simple, and yet....LMAO in humiliation... I have figured out my October rotation. I'm going to do one week alternating cardio/circuit workouts, and then the next week I'll do a one body part per day split plus a bit of cardio each day. Woo hoo! I'm on fire! }( And I'm actually really making my carpet shed like nuts :-( .....So did you make it to the store yet?! Oh wait, you did! 4 sweaters? That's awesome! Ooh, they sound really comfy and nice! Haha, snag. LOL.

Diane - Have the kitties calmed down? Did you take your night walk?

Janjan - I agree with Michele. You need to maybe think about working part time, or ask your boss about taking an hourly Cathe break so you can hang out more with us. I mean really, let's get our priorities straight here. ;)

Kate - And as for you, you need to drop your children off at the relatives so you can hang out more with us. I mean really, let's get our priorities straight here. ;)

Okay, on that note, I think I might be able to sleep now. Have a great day!

Later!

RE: We Hate Cardio Except for August, Who Apparently Lo...

Hi ladies -

I have been so bad lately. I have been eating okay this week so far, but have not exercised yet. I have just been too tired in the morning, I am just tired all day long. And I have been getting a decent amount of sleep, but just never feel rested. So I never wake up earlier enough to workout.

Today we get to pick up the kittens at the vet. We missed them so much last night. The vet said both are doing well and the surgeries went fine. I can't wait to see them tonight!

Michele - I hope you find some good stuff! I love the title of the post today.

Jana - Are you liking work more?

August - Yes, chicken broth is in a container in the store. It usually comes in a can in the canned veggie aisle. There are usually low sodium options which I what I always get.

This forum has been so slow lately! Everyone is so busy these days.

Well yesterday I went on a major internet shopping spree. I bought some brown boots

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7266374/c/2898.html

and a bunch of stuff from this website called laredoute.com that I heard about on Lucky.com. It has really well price stuff from "emerging designers". I may end up sending a lot of it back because of fit or quality, but it was worth a try. They have a lot of good coats and sweaters.

Hey, Diane,

At first glance, I thought I liked the strong feel of the Dillards one better, but on further looking, I thought the Nordstrom one was more unique...though that tiny pocket on the side looks sort of hard to use? Love the boots!

Ooh, you mean like Cambell's chicken broth in a can?

August - No, not chicken broth soup form Campbells, but it is just chicken broth (or called chicken stock) in a can.

I think I like the second bag better too, just the price is killing me! It is much more unique though.

Any ideas for first anniversary gift for DH? I know it is paper (or contemporary gift is clock or watch) but I don't know what that means! We don't want to spend too much $$ (less than $100) since we are also going on vacation in a couple weeks, so trying to think of something besides a book. Any ideas?

A website had these ideas: magazine subscription, tickets to an event, book, gift certificate, but he didn't seem excited about any of them (I know it is lame that we talk about what gifts we are giving each other).

Hi everybody!

I'm getting nervous about finding shoes. I didn't find any today and I went in about 5 stores:-( . I'm going to have to travel a long distance to find shoes because there just isn't anything around here at all. :-( x(

Diane, the Dillards purse is really cute but you know the leather on the Ellen Tracey bag wil be so fine! I like both bags, really. You can't go wrong with either one. I love the boots! I love the buckles around the ankle.

August, :eek: :eek: :eek: LMAO! First of all, you did an HOUR of cardio:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:! It sounds like you have a nice rotation planned out for October. Which DVD's are you using? --Chicken broth is made by cooking a chicken in water and adding vegetables and seasonings to add flavor. It comes in a can or quart size, resealable boxes. I buy Swanson brand in the cardboard box because I use it for all kinds of stuff. I even cook rice in chicken broth. Here's what I use:

http://www.swansonbroth.com/ourproducts.aspx

or this:

http://www.kitchenbasics.net/

Okay, I've been out all day so I need to accomplish something at home.

Diane, are you watching PR tonight? I hope to God they boot Jeffrey. I think he's really a nasty person. I want Michael to win, or Laura. I really like both of them.

Michele - Exactly what kind of shoes are you looking for again? Of course I am watching PR tonight, so excited! My bet is that Uli gets the boot. Her designs are all the same and aren't really "designer" to me. They are really cute for a beach vacation, but don't translate well for national audience. I really like her as a person though, and hope Jeffrey is the one to go. I think they will keep Jeffrey because his runway show will just be so interesting.

Diane, I don't really know what kind of shoes I'm looking for. I need shoes to wear while sightseeing in Italy. This trip will entail a great deal of walking and I need something that's cushy with good arch support. I could wear my New Balance walking shoes but they're so dorky (it's really easy to spot Americans in Europe--they're all wearing blue jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, and fanny packs--lol). I want to find a shoe that is comfy AND fashionable. Have you got any ideas?

I have no idea what kind of look you are going for, but aerosoles are supposed to be really comfortable.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/14100751/c/106.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/10150217/c/231.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/10094063/c/72.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/12108141/c/216.html

Could always go with some cute ballet flats in black

http://www.ninewest.com/n/browse/pr...=4&prodIndex=4&listSize=10&categoryId=119002#

Editted to add: I am buying those flats in the animal print this weekend, they are so cute. :)

*GASP* Diane, you have very good taste in shoes. I love all the ones you picked out except for teh sandals. I cannot wear sandals with that thingy between the toes. I think I'll order a few pairs--at least Zappo's has free shipping both ways. Any of those would look nice with jeans and slacks, IMO. I might order a pair of Puma's, too. Thanks for the links.

I'm glad you like them. There are a lot more options on zappos in those brands, I just didn't know how dressy or casual you wanted.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.