Watercoolers Working It

6Swans4me

Cathlete
Getting us started. The planets must be aligned or Ms. Wendy never went to bed!:p

Couldn't fall asleep. So, I decided to do GS Chest and Triceps around 3 something. I skipped the push-ups when it got to 6 reps. But, I did do them all on my toes.:p Skipped the closed grip barbell press since I didn't want to fish the barbell out from under the couch. I think it's stuck in there anyways!:p Skipped the overhead triceps since it put too much pressure on my shoulders. And, I skipped half of the bonus burn bands. Those just cause too much pain for my shoulders. Oh, I should mention that I didn't lift as heavy as Cathe. I went took my weights lower, but enough to feel the burn without pain. Of course, I followed it up with some yoga stretches on my own without Eoin.

Off to wake dh up for work. He's tired from taking care of his high spoiled woman! :+

Maybe, I'll do a CC or step workout later today to warm me up for Eoin.

Humming to myself... It's a Wonderful Wonderful life... which step workout has that song? I think I'll do that one today!:)
Wendy

Crazy Asian!! WTH are you doing up working out in the middle of the night???????

Back in a bit to catch up with everyone...I am taking a couple of days break in celebration of being out of school for 2 whole weeks!!

See you in a few...Hope everyone has a great morning!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Howdy Coolers!

GRRRRRRRR!!!!! }( }( }( I just hit "post message" on a nice, long post and the board ATE IT!!! *POOF* Gone! ARGH! Anyway, S&H Chest & Back for me today. Nothing great going on today, just the usual. Now I'm opening a new window for personals before it eats THIS post, too!

Morning Coolers

Wendy, I 2nd Debra's comment "CRAZY ASIAN". Most normal people watch t.v. in the middle of the night. No wonder you skipped 1/2 the w/o.:) I'm glad your massage is going well. It is a bittersweet pain. I used to go to the chiropractor a lot and when I had to go 2-3 days in a row he would keep massaging the same place but after the 1st day there would be a bruise so for the 2 & 3 rd appt he would be pressing right on a bruise he created. How do you not tense up for that?:eek: I'l be staying overnight Sat. so wo can share a room if you want. Sounds like we will be a foursome that weekend.:p

Jeanette - glad to hear your Granmda is doing better with the extra O2 treatments.

I'll pop back in later when I can. Off to punch more ####s.

Wendy -- Are you trying to make the rest of us look bad working out at 3AM?? :-O lol. j/k ;-) I think that, even modified, you should get bonus points for that one! I hope you have fun at SEARCH! I've never been, but I know others who have enjoyed it. CHAP looks to be quite different (in terms of speakers/workshops) this year, so we'll see how that goes. You might be able to talk me into Megawords... what level(s) do you have? DS is just about to start that one, but I think DD1 might like it, too. I've never even heard of Melody Lane or Signs for His Glory, what are they? Good luck selling your old stuff. I've had good luck recently on homeschoolclassifieds.com. Simple and FREE :D

Jeanette -- Ooh, a triathlon!! Good luck with your training and race :D Thanks for reminding me! I'll upload pics this afternoon :)

Patricia -- $50 for a Civic? :-O Ouch! DH drives a Civic, but I didn't think it was that much for him last time. I, however, drive an Odyssey (gotta have ROOM with all the kiddos) and it's painful to fill it up, even when gas is "cheap".

Debra -- Enjoy your break :D :D :D Sounds like it's well deserved!

Hi to everyone else! I'm off to his the post button before my post expires x(

Carol

Good morning,
Today was 4DS Biceps and Triceps. They are feeling nice and tight right now. This series is really making me stronger. I will do a bike ride tonite to pick up my car at the dealership. It's getting detailed and Xzilon'd. I need to mow weeds on the property tonite. I'm motivated to get that yardwork done before Saturday as I want to be able to take off early for our Rhino ride. I was hoping to be a good example for my DH, but no, he didn't work on the house after he got home from work. I was good and didn't nag once to him, though TTOM is looming. I'd also like to get in 9 holes of golf this week too. Where to fit it in.... Hmmmmm. So many hobbies, so little time.

Wendy, you are crazy, crazy!!! My computer says you were up at 1 a.m.!!! Too much Verona before bed??? I had a couple of cups outside last evening, while hitting golf balls in the front yard. I've gotten to where I really enjoy that. Hit a few balls, sip of coffee, hit a few.... Good job making the workout fit around your injury. So you are going to do Legs & Glutes today??? That's the one with "It's a Wonderful Life" on it. Oh, let Phil sleep in this morning. He's probably exhausted from all that massage and manipulation.

Patricia, I'm hoping these breathing treatments help Grandma feel more comfortable. I don't think that she has the best doctor in the world taking care of her. Mom keeps getting suggestions for easing Grandma's discomfort from other people, then approaches the doctor with it, who usually concurs. Why does she have to pull it out of the doctor, when it seems so simple sometimes? I'll call today and see how she's doing. Have to start thinking about what I'm going to bring over for dinner on Friday. Maybe some enchiladas.

Carol, dang I hate it when I lose a long post, especially when I'm time challenged. Looking forward to putting a face to your name. Yep, that Wendy is trying to impress someone with her early workouts. Probably wants to be the next Dreya :p.

BBL,

Jeanette

Jeanette - unforunately it seems you almost need to do more research then ever b/4 in order to know if the doctor is giving you the best care. The day after my LASIK I went for a check-up to my own eye dr (so not the surgeon that does the actual surgury) and since I have larger pupils the surgeon did a different procedure. Well my eye dr said that was actually the better procedure!! Well, when it comes to my eyes (or anyting else for that matter) I certainly would like to know what ALL my options are and let me decide if I want the Cadillac or the chevette package}( My DH is a diabetic and he fought w/his doctor to be put on insulin. They tried for months with just pill and him just getting worse. With his family history he should have been on insulin from the get go.

You sound like my sister when it comes to outdoor work. Her SO never does any of it and she ends up doing it + all indoor work. Something wrong with that picture...

Okay my rant over with for now.

Morning Coolers,

Today's workout was 3m run. I will be adding on some Yoga later today. I would like to get in about an hour or so.

DH is headed home from Florida today. Yippee!!! :7 I gave him a list of things he needs to get done when he gets home. :7 :7

Need to stop at the grocery store for some items, such as milk. :9

Wendy, Yes you are a very Crazy Aisian, for working out at that time of the morning. I actually woke up around 2am, because the wind started to blow really hard. But I went back to sleep. Just think I could have been chatting with you. :D WTG on making sure you don't irritate that shoulder. I need to get a massage, my legs really need it. Well my bonus may be going to get some type of MP3 player or I-Pod. Would like to use my CC's more often, with less hassle. {{{{Sending you endurance VIBES}}}} :7

Debra, Oh I hope you enjoy your time off from school!

Patricia, Punching numbers is probably better than what I have to do today. I have to sit at a table and hand out 409 and Windex. If I don't people would take a whole case. We have a clean up day today. I have been feeling pretty good about all the hard work I have been putting into my exercise and eating. So when I got up that hill yesterday, I felt like doing the Rocky hands in the air! But I thought my neighbors might think I was a nut case. :7 Of course that has never stopped me in the past from doing walking lunges around my house. :7 :7

Carol, Whew! I'm tired just reading your post from yesterday! I would love to see a pulling out hair smiley! Even though DH is coming home today, he is going to be busy until Mothers Day. x(

Jeanette, Dang you are going to be a busy lady tonight. Hope you get all things done, so that Rhino ride takes off! :D That hill you need to climb sounds like a straight line up in the air. :7 The dress has not gone anywhere, which is probably good. I have lost some weight, and it is better when these dresses fit you good vs. to big.

Sandra, How did it go with doing the P90X+ Core workout 2 days in a row?

Kim, Waving back at you! Oh yes mosquito season is going to be here soon. x( I have seen the little buggers, but non have bitten me yet!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Afternoon!!!

Taking a break while the girls lunch.

Debra!!!! You're taking a break from what?!?!?! The check-in?!?!?!?! You're NOT allowed!:p WTH! Everyone's abandoning ship!!!!

Patricia: Sounds like you need to go to a better massage therapist!!! Kinda of like the saying goes, never let a dentist clean your teeth. Leave that for the dental hygienist! Patti never stays in the same spot. She works the muscles over in preparation for going deep. I did have one MEAN Asian try to get rid of a knot in my calf. She left me with a nasty bruise and never did burst the knot, if it was even a knot!!!

Carol: No looking bad! Lookie here, I modified to keep me safe. Thank you so much Sweetie for saying that I get bonus points. SEARCH does have a different feel than CHAP. I've only gone to CHAP once. Not crazy about having it on Mother's Day weekend every year. Let's see, I have Megawords 1, 2, and 3. All come with TMs. Email me if you're interested. Melody Lane is a video/dvd music program from Calvert for, I think, K-2. Signs for His Glory is a sign language course on video/dvd and workbook for all ages. Enjoy S&H!

Jeanette: Whoo Hooo! Are you excited about getting your car today!!! LOL on all your hobbies not fitting into your life! Ewww! L&G. Nevermind. It's not such a Wonderful Wonderful life if I do that one today!!! You are such a GOOD wife!!!! So disciplined and self controlled!!!! The Skipper would say that the Captain is very BLESSED! Is your Grandmom eating much? Why don't you ask her if she's in the mood for anything in particular. Or is she an anything goes mood these days? WHAT! I so do NOT want to be Dreya!!! Now, you just stop going around spreading nasty lies!:p I'm perfectly content being me for the moment. It might be nice to be Angelina. But, Sandra, that B!tch, is her!!!

Speaking of Sandra. Where are you? Adopting a Crazy Asian?!?!?! Your parents really went to Thailand to scope out some orphans didn't they! Spill!!!!:p :+

Laurie: You are too funny having a list for dh's welcome home present.:7 Yep, I always knew you were the sane one of the group. Must be nice to turn back over and fall back to sleep, especially with dh in Florida. I have a hard enough time sleeping. Without dh in bed, it's almost impossible!!! Have fun shopping for an MP3 player. I like my little shuffle. The price was right. I haven't downloaded all my CCs and free Eoin yoga download onto it yet. I'd like to buy a arm band for it. Something to keep the sweat off it. Thanks for the endurance vibes!!! :* :* :*

Okay ladies, My heart is sinking. I'm going to shot Debra an email!

Chat Later!

Wendy

Good afternoon!

It's been a busy couple of days. For all who asked, DD is doing much better, thank you. I've managed to catch her cold, but it's fairly minor. I'm always glad for an excuse to inhale cough syrup before a workout :) Thinking she still needed some cough syrup of her own to sleep through the night, I unfortunately gave her a dose at bedtime. Turns out, when the kid isn't that sick anymore, the cough syrup acts as a stimulant! Good grief, I was awake as much as Wendy last night. Except I didn't want to be! I could have blissfully slept the night away. Oh well. I won't make the same mistake tonight.

Wendy - I briefly skimmed the posts yesterday. Did I read it right that you've been given some specific healing advice by a massage therapist? I hope you get back to full health soon. I'm impressed with your GS CT workout last night, with your shoulder problems. I'm not deliberately trying to avoid posting. I've just got lots on my plate these days. This week is especially busy with my instructor training course. I have a class tonight, tomorrow night, and all day on Saturday. Yesterday was DH's birthday, and the girls' evening swim lessons. This afternoon I need to go grocery shopping. I had a meeting with my thesis supervisor on Monday afternoon that lasted 1 1/2 hours, and could have gone longer if I hadn't been concerned about getting a parking ticket (the parking police swarm like vultures at the university). I've just got lots to juggle, and unlike you, I don't work well on little sleep. I've been exploring more of Eoin's PY4H2, and loving it. The third chapter is some really effective lower body conditioning, isn't it? I enjoyed that. It's a combination of Shiva's Fluid Power approach, and Eoin's funny self approach. How does the intensity of PY4H2 compare to the live classes you take?

Debra - Congratulations on being done your first course!!! Woohoo! Isn't it disappointing when you work to hard to prepare, then don't have time to present it all? I hope your teacher recognizes how brown your nose is, too.

Patricia - So you're going to meet Wendy in T.O. for the Eoin weekend? Wow! Lucky you! What hotel are you staying in? Who's the foursome: Wendy, you...Debra? Phil? Your DH? My eye doctor told me I have larger than normal corneas, I think? The blue part. I need XL sized contact lenses. I can't even have skinny eyeballs :(

Carol - Oooh, the dreaded Lost Post experience. I feel for you. Are you doing a SH rotation these days?

Jeanette - Your golfing/coffee activity reminds me of the bowling/beer scenario. For me, I love to sip coffee throughout a weight workout. The 4DS weight work is definitely effective, isn't it? I like how she mixes up the lifting style all the time, so you don't get bored.

Laurie - DH seems to be away a lot these days. Is this all work related? I don't recall you talking about him traveling so much before? The abs/core+ 2 days in a row was tough, but doable. Today was Total Body+, so I feel like I'm living on that pull up bar. Each of the Plus workouts in themselves might not feel overly advanced, but using them together in the rotation is really layering on the work! I'm exhausted today. I'm doing the 1st week of the Classic+ rotation to see how I like it. If it goes okay, I'll keep following the rotation for a while, subbing the cardio and yoga when the mood strikes. I have a feeling that using the TB+, UB+, and Abs/core+ workouts frequently will do very good things for my definition.

This morning I did Total Body+, and Butts & Guts standing leg work. I added on the BG bonus leg work: leg presses, twice; sit 'n stands; glute squeezes on the ball. I am thoroughly exhausted.

Well, I need to have a shower, finish writing the shopping list, and head out the door.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi...back for a quick hello...NOOOOOOOOO...I did NOT mean I was taking a break from the check in...just from doing anything of importance around the house!! I am in no way leaving...you are stuck with me...LOL!

Sorry I didn't get by yesterday....Ended up spending a fun day with CBL. I didn't have to drive any of the democrats around...but I did go vote. Then we made homemade ice cream with the girls...and the crazy neighbor lady came over AGAIN!! This is really starting to get on my nerves....I feel like every time I go outside to veg out, she shows up with the toddler and the biting dog. Ugh. I don't mind her other daughter hanging out with DD...she is really a good girl and very well behaved..but every time her 5 year old comes over, the mom seems to feel like this is an invitation for the whole family to come over!!! I ended up feeding both of her daughters dinner and fixing her a cocktail! I had planned on just having DD's friends over for ice cream, but it turned into their family event. Please give me some advice to get rid of her in a nice way when I just want to hang out with CBL..Any advice would be appreciated!

So...no workout for me yesterday...and I promise, I only had a couple of tastes of ice cream...not a whole bowl. I will either do SH chest and back or one of my new dvds today. I laid around all morning...which was just lovely! Now I have some laundry on and I have a couple of errands I just HAVE to do (unless I want my cat to starve)...so I am going to workout later on. My new dvds are: 'The Parts Series' with Tracey Staehle, 'Kickbox Crosstrain' with Patricia Moreno, 'Tae Bo Abs' with BB, and 'Cardio Stack Core Attack' with Greg Sims....So once I give these a whirl, I will give some reviews. I saw Traci popped on yesterday about a different Tracy Staehle, so I guess I will have to check that one out too.

Well...after rambling forever...I have to run for a bit...I will be back after my workout to catch up with personals. Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Wendy...Check out your email...

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,
Well, I didn't go to work today. Got a call about 6:45 this morning from my nephew telling me that Grandma wasn't good and that Dad thought I should come over right away. Of course, I threw on some clothes and hustled over to Mom and Dad's to find Grandma struggling to breathe. We thought it was the end, but she pulled out of it and was able to breathe better. She would have these little spells again and again. She's now sleeping. Of course, Mom's been in contact with the Home Health nurse and the doctor. I called in to work at 8 and told them I may or may not be in. Now that Grandma's resting, I'm at home and will probably mow the weeds outside, but be available by cell. We're just praying that she can go quickly and doesn't linger in this state of suffering for long.

Not sure if the breathing treatment this morning initiated this or not, so think Mom will hold off on giving it to her and will consult with the doctor. Truth is, Grandma's body is just plain worn out. Mom gives her excellent care, but I keep telling her that it's near the end and you just can't keep trying to do all this stuff to keep her alive. For instance making her drink fluids when she has a hard time swallowing; making her walk when it just exhausts her and she just dreads it; nagging on her to eat when Grandma's body is shutting down and doesn't want food. That's my feeling anyway. My mom is the kind of person that feels so guilty if she doesn't go above and beyond to help Grandma. It's not been fun for anyone for sure, but know my Mom is so glad that she can spend these last days with her mother.

Anyway, better go take care of those weeds and then shower.

Jeanette

Jeanette - what a way to start your day. I can only imagine how hard it is for your Mom. She probably knows deep down what you're telling her is for the best but she also doesn't want to let her Mother go. (I presuming this is your maternal GM). I know I still get excited when I'm about to see my parents (even though in short order I ready to see them go). Everything in small doses (or moderation) I say. I'm glad that your work allows you to be flexible when it comes to things like this.

Well, I'm sitting here dripping sweat. I just did HST and those cardio blasts are a killer.:p Now I know why I don't do this w/o very often. I'm definetly the slow and steady state cardio type of person.

Debra - glad that your presentation is over with. Does it feel like a bit of a let down after all the work and stress leading up to it? Hmmm, most people around the dinner hour know to leave. Are they looking for a free meal? Do they contribute anything? Probably your own great personality is doing you in here. You're such a warm and inviting person your neighbours just can't get enough of you! (Hey, does that earn me any brownie points?):p :p Have fun with you new w/o's. So many to do, so little time.

Wendy - I booked the seminar for the whole weekend even though probably won't make the Friday but it was cheaper: Will look into a hotel over the next few days. I have a friend who lives not too far from there and their condo building has rooms you can rent for $75/night but not sure if I want to as that would mean I might have to spend time with them. They're really great people but an hour or two is enough.

Laurie - is hubby home yet? I've often wondered about working out outside like Charlene Prickett. She recommends it but I thought I might get some strange looks too. I have a good skipping rope but most places don't have ceilings high enough for this so how else do you use it w/o being outside?

Sandra - glad to hear the little one is doing better. Bummer on passing it to you. I've luckily not caught anything since last fall. (Knock on wood). DS seemed to have a bit of any eye infection last week so I was giving him eye drops and thinking this would be the worst time to have that passed onto me.:eek: Cudos to you for still working out. When does the lack of sleep end? There must be a honeymoon period somewhere before they hit their teens.:p

Hi to everyone else. Off to hit the hay.

Okay, okay, I'll put posting some pics of myself on my to do list. I'm not very computer savvy so to figure out how to post pics takes me awhile. Just finished PS legs/Abs for the first time. Goodness, do Cathe's legs ever shake during the squats!!

I got an an email from the race officials from the race we did a couple of weeks ago to let us know they made a mistake that the course was 13.4 miles rather than 13.1 miles. LOL So that made us even happier with our time.

Patricia- I don't usually like napping during the day either, always feel groggy the rest of the day but after a long run outside I find I either need a nap or to bed really early. It just really tuckers me out.

Jeanette- ((HUG)) on the scare with Grandma this morning. Is it ventolin treatments that they are giving her? I'm not sure if this is any help but when my son was dying and we had to decide whether to tube feed him the ICU doctor told us that it's often less painful for people to not eat in their last days. As a mom, I felt awful not feeding him. I'm sure it's hard for you and your mom to see her not eating or drinking.
I'm so glad that you got a wonderful ride in on Sunday! Did Father Tony get his finger examined?

Laurie- Good for you getting your spring cleaning done! Does is still seem clean? DH has been on a cleaning spree around here and I'm not complaining;) WooHoo! On the $100 bonus! We never have staff meetings like that. Even though I did get a thank you card from the boss for having an intern Jan/Feb but the funny thing is my coworker ( we shared supervision of the intern) never got a card. The boss only thanked me ;( Our boss is a bit strange.

WTG on making it up the hill during your run yesterday!

Debra- I can't believe someone wouldn't show up for their presentation. We don't have the date for ds's surgery yet, should be in July/Aug. I want him to have it during school holidays. WooHoo on your 2 week holiday! Glad you're not taking a break from us! OH no on the creepy family! You better set limits up front before this gets out of hand. Are you visiting outside or are they coming in the house?

Carol You sound really busy as always, you're going to really enjoy those holidays! How frustrating on that lost post!

Wendy I'm sure glad that the massage therapy is helping!! WTG on all the toes push ups, imagine how many you could do if you did them at a decent hour! :+

Sandra- Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight especially if you're fighting a cold.

Kim

Good gracious!! It is after 10 and I am just now getting back...I had a few problems with my school schedule this afternoon which threw me into a bit of a tailspin...so I am hoping to deal with it and fix the screw up tomorrow...let me just add...I was not the cause of the screw up...but none the less, I need to try to work it out...I will let you all know how that goes...Right now I am just frustrated and pis*ed. Anyhoo...I ended up doing SH chest and back instead of one of my new dvds...I needed not to have to think too hard...and to be with someone I loved...Cathe!! I also added some CTX abs, too.

quick, quick personals....

Jeanette...
Sending out love and {{{{{hugs}}}} to you and your family. Check your email when you get the chance. Kisses to you. WooHoo on the spotless clean new car..a least there are some good things.

Carol...
Nice to see your shining face...Sorry about the missing post...That is always a HIGE source of frustration for me!!

Patricia...
I think the crazy neighbors are part clueless and part moochers....What a PITA!! I don't minding any of my DD's friends coming over...but I haven't figured out why the rest of the family comes over too...UGH. My mom told me I was definitely too nice. I am trying to come up with a solution that will keep with my congenial personality, but that will get them out of my hair when I want!

Laurie...
Glad DH is on his way home. Hopefully his cold will be gone by the time he gets there! Ick on the bosses wife! I am always amazed at how rude some people are.

Carol....
Come on down...lots of ice cream for everyone...DD even talked CBL into making chocolate ice cream this Sunday...So go ahead and make your plans!!

Wendy...
My love...never a complete break from the check in...maybe a day or 2 off when I am out of town...but that's about it! Just feeling lazy around the house...so I just want to hang outside in the nice weather for a few days. I promise what happens in Toronto and Jersey stay there!! Kind of like Vegas. I am so glad your massage therapist is truly helping you. It makes such a difference when you fine a good one.

Kim...
The crazy neighbors are inside and out...for goodness sakes!! The toddler takes it upon herself to open the door and come in the house...and let the dog out...and mess with everything in my house...including making herself at home in my pantry...And dear mother says NOTHING to her. UGH. Once they see us outside they head over. Crazy! Glad you running time was even better than you thought! I am keeping your DS in my thoughts for his unpleasant upcoming surgery. Poor little thing!!

Sandra..
So glad DD is feeling better...but VERY sorry that she kept you up last night!! I LOVE that age...but I am very thankful for my DD sleeping through...well, for the most part anyway!! Did I tell you she came in and caught CBL and I sleeping together the other night?? We were dead asleep and she comes in and knocks him on the head (like the squirrels in 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory')...and wanted to know where I was...So she just hops in bed with us and goes back to sleep. Like it was one big sleepover...LOL! Glad you are enjoying your new Eoin...Yes, there are lots more leg intensity in that one. How was your dissertation meeting?? When will you be ready to present?

Nicole...
Are you still alive???

Traci...You seemed to just be teasing us yesterday!!

Okay...I must go to bed...I have a gyno appointment in the morning..and I guess I need to be perky for that...which means taking a shower in the morning..LOL! Hope everyone has a lovely evening!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Being the procrastinator that I am, I just finished CC#1 and Shoulder ^^!!!! You know, sometimes a hill is just a hill. :eek: :7 :7 :7

For you bikers... tonight was the first time I actually got the guts to stand up while spinning! Wow! What a load off my legs!!! Couldn't get into child's pose at the start of yoga. After all was finished, I had no problems extending my arm without pain. I have faith that I will heal up before my next third world country adventure.:+ ;) I'm joking! No plans for at least another year or two or three....

I will have to catch up on personals tomorrow. My computer says it's 12:30. Need to fish the Sudafed sinus from the depths of my purse, get a quick shower and climb into bed.

Sweet Dreams to ALL!!!!!

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.