Watercoolers.....Saturday, May 10, 2008

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Good morning!

I'm up early to do KenpoCardio+, possibly add on a short leg workout (MM Lower body, maybe?), then I have a full day at the ymca. Yesterday was too busy to come back, and today's looking to be the same. I haven't even had a chance to go back and read the rest of yesterday's posts. I hope all is well. Jeanette, I'm thinking of you and your family.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Good morning all!! I meant to sleep late today, but woke up at 7...ugh...although I guess that is late by Sandra standards..and especially Traci ones!! Anyhoo, I have to take the diva to dance rehearsal this morning...and I am going to get a pedi while she is there...I have a couple of other errands I need to run...and then I have a date with Eoin this afternoon. I also have a date with CBL tonight! My motor should be purring after today!

I think I caught up with most everyone last night...I will go back and check to make sure...Hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Jeanette...
I wasn't expecting you to post last night!! Glad your mom is doing okay. What a wonderful idea to do a memorial on Grandma's birthday. I am sure she would love that. I always think it is great to remember the good and full lives of our loved ones once they pass...especially a person like your Grandma who was full of spunk! Have a great day today out with DH and the girls....Good luck on your hill climb tomorrow. It will be good for you to get out and sweat a bit. Glad you are enjoying your platemates...I am sure you will put them to good use to get your money's worth. My neighbors showed up AGAIN last night...The toddler ran over to play on our swingset....so here comes dippy mom after her with some other woman in tow...I yelled hello from the patio and continued to read my book and drink my cocktail...but then the dippy mom had to introduce me to the other lady who turned out to be her MIL. Ugh. So then I was stuck talking to them for a while...and I realized that the MIL has no idea what er son does for a living. Very strange. Anyhoo...I removed myself and went inside for a few minutes...and when I came back out, I just sat down on the patio again. I didn't really care if I was being rude. Is that bad of me???

Okay...I'm off again...Happy days to all!
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning Coolers,

My workout for today is DONE! :7 I was awake at 5:11 am this morning. How do I know this you might ask? My oldest DD's alarm went off. So of course after that I couldn't go back to sleep. So I took the dog for her morning walk, and during that walk decided it would be a good time to get the 6m run done. So now I have the rest of the day to do what I want. Very cold this morning, had to wear some thin gloves on my hands. The run was so so. I chose a different route, and there where just one to many hills. The last big hill I just couldn't make my tired legs run up. :D That is ok though, I managed to make it the rest of the way just fine. Got home had my yogurt/Kashi Crunch/Blueberry mixture and a cup of joe (as Patricia would say;-) )

DH has to work this afternoon, so we girls are going to go shopping. At least that is what the girls have planned for my day! :7 :7 I just need to make sure that the vacuum cleaner sees the floors today at some point. DH is also going to get the faire dresses on the girls to see how many adjustments need to be made. Hopefully the youngest didn't grow too tall over the winter. :D

Sandra, Have a great time at the YMCA today, and learn lots. ;-)

Tracy, Glad to see you still popping in every once in a while.

Debra, Good for you for getting a chance at an overnighter! Every parent needs those times away from the kid. ;-) You treated the neighbor just fine. Perfect in fact! :D WTG on your workouts yesterday. So how are the legs from the 10 min. Trainers. I caught the infomercial this morning for those. I do believe that you are on to something with that form of PT training. There are so many things that can be done to help with those issues. Go for it! DD's recital is next weekend, so only one dance class left for us. DH is going to be bringing her to the recital rehearsal on Thursday, because I have something going on at church. I figure that since he has been gone from the house so much, he can take the time to do that errand for me.

Wendy, I was investigating the I-pod thing again, and I found out that I-Train now has I-Swim. May have to check these out form my oldest DD. I'm thinking of getting a Y membership, and she could use these at the pool. I-Train has some dandy workouts on there lists too. They have a TM/Circuit workout that sounds like fun. Run on the TM then do some bootcamp work. I will have an I-Pod just for workout downloads. :7 :7 :7 An easy way to remember Malificent is that she can transform herself into a dragon. Now how cool is that to be an actual Dragon Lady! :7 :7

Patricia, Don't you just love the memory those little ones have. But guess what! When they become teenagers their minds suddenly become blank. Oh sorry Mom I forgot you wanted me to do...... :7 :7 Did your DS have a good time with the hockey net?

Jeanette, Now I am for sure getting those platemates. My parents also putter around the house, they do have a 4 wheeler that they will be getting back out. My Mom teaches knitting to a bunch of ladies also. I know they have taken some water aerobics too. Have to ask my Mom if they are still doing that. My Dad also suffers from MS, although he has not had an episode for a while. He isn't a bad case, but I'm sure this isn't going to help with that. Have a great time on the Rhino with your DH and the girls today. Let the breeze blow through your hair. One thing I will always remember you telling us about your GM, is that she loved a good bodice ripper book. I will read my next book of that nature in honor of her. :)

Well I have chatted for a while here, it is suppose to be a beautiful day. Will BBL to chat some more.

Laurie

Hi!

I'm all thumbs this weekend. I'll post personals when I get home. I'll try to reply to emails during free time.

Last night was LIC Cardio timesaver plus abs and Shoulder ^^.

I haven't decided what I'll do tonight. Probably KPC and yoga.

OH!!! The Crazy Asian is due to arrive today!!! She is staying at my sister's house. I couldn't be happier since her bf gets on my nerves!!!!! And, with Lindy here...

Keep posting. I,ll need a reason to excuse myself from conversations later! LOL

Wendy

Good morning,
DH is busy loading the Rhino, getting gas cans ready, beer, ice, all that stuff. I just finished my workout. It was a TLT Finding Your Core. I'd like to find some good golf fitness DVD's. Any suggestions? Tomorrow will be a tough bike ride over to one of our local lakes. It has 2 good climbs on it. I'll do that in the morning, then have all afternoon to go over and visit with Mom for a bit or putter in the yard. I think I'll get her a gift certificate to a local nursery. She's been talking about getting some plants and such.

Sandra, have you been enjoying the YMCA study program? How's the bike riding going? When is your TDA ride? How's the elbow? I'd forgotten to ask about it. My friend has some pedals on her road bike that have platforms on one side and clipins on the other. I have those on my mtn. bike as I don't like to be locked in when there are rocks or a cliff on one side. Silly me, huh?

Tracy, thank you for the condolences. Miss you on here. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Debra, nice day planned for you. What are you and CBL doing tonite on the date? You have so many nice places to go to for dinner or whatever. Some really fond memories of our wonderful dinner at the really nice place on Saturday night. Gosh, it's only been a month ago now. I'm ready to come back to see you!!! You'll be hiding from me like your neighbor LOL!!! I think you did really good on how you approached or rather stayed away from the neighbor. Why don't some people get a clue???

Laurie, I see you had fruit with your breakfast, like Patricia and her fruit and donut. Have a great time shopping with your DD's today. You'll have to stand in line with your girls when you try on your dress for your DH. Bet the dress is too big for you now and he'll have to do some alterations (in a good way). I'm really glad I have the Platemates. Think they will push me to try going heavier, instead of worrying about hurting my self with the big jump (from 15# to 20#). My 8# and 15# are neoprene covered and they barely are one there. I'm thinking I could scrape off some of the neoprene on the end and think that would give a secure magnetic stick. I'll try it anyway. Why wouldn't it work? Your parents sound pretty active and willing to try different things. My parents seem to do things if there is a practical benefit from it, like digging a hole for a fence post. That's all good and all (mind you, I'm a grasshopper). I think if they could get out and walk a couple times a week on a regular basis, it would help immensely. I'm sure looking forward to our outing today. We're scoping out a campsite for Memorial Day. The place we have in mind might be a little wet yet so we have to check it out.

Wendy, so your Mom is coming? Hope someone locks Lindy in her bedroom!!! I'm thinking Linette is a bit late in arriving for some reason. Not like her, but she is getting older you know!

Gotta go get ready to have some fun. I'm not even taking a shower as I really didn't sweat that much, plus, it gets so dusty sometimes out on the roads. No point.

BBL tonite,

Jeanette

Jeanette Sending more ((HUGS)) today. The memorial sounds like a beautiful idea.

Wendy Don't worry about grammar errors. I do know my grammar but I often shudder when I re read my posts, I can't believe how many errors I make. I think we just type so fast and don't take time to proof read. I hope you enjoy some time with your mom. Is she coming for a visit because it's Mother's Day weekend?

Lauire Sorry to hear about your dad's stroke, thankfully it was a small one. WTG on getting that run done early! My friend signed up to run the full marathon in Minneapolis she's been bugging me to go but I've decided not too. I really don't want to train through the summer months and I'm not sure I ever want to do another full marathon I enjoy the half marathons. Have fun shopping!

Lea Thanks for the chuckle

Debra- One of the physios I went to school with, works in a private clinic and specializes in women with bladder incontinence. I don't know anything about it but I see her advertise quite a bit. The vet appt went well, Bandit doesn't see or hear well and has arthritic knees but overall she's doing okay. The vet really would like to clean and pull some teeth I'm not convinced it's worth the risk of putting her under GA at this age. I only give her soft food now because she can't chew hard food. Any leg DOMS this morning?? Good for you for setting your limits with the neighbours, it doesn't sound rude at all to me.

Patricia oh no, is all I have to say about the hockey net. That's how it all starts.

Sandra Hope you're still enjoying the time at the YMCA!

Three of us went running this morning. One of the girls finished after 7 miles she's gearing up for a fall marathon but has just started training. The other girl and I did 11 miles!! It felt really good, I'm really happy with how our training is going. We still have 5 weeks yet before the race. I'm definitely further ahead in training then I was last year at this time.

Heading off to my sister's. My neice is having a birthday party, she's turning 9! We're dropping off the kids at my sister's for the party. My sister has hired a "mad scientist" to entertain for the party. :+ Mike and I are going to do some shopping while the kids are there. Hoping to do some things around the house this summer, new appliances for the kitchen, new carpet for the basement so going to price things out a bit. Then back to my sister and we're going to have a family dinner for Mother's day. So should be a nice day.

Kim

Good Afternoon for me. Been a busy a.m. DS up at 6am but he sat in bed with me and watched t.v. while I dozed. Up around 7 and off to breakfast. Went to the park afterwards. A carnival is in town this weekend so we walked around the rides but they weren't on until 11 so may go back this afternoon or on Sunday. Stopped at a couple garage sales on the way home and was able to read some of the paper while DS played hockey with his new net! He goes into his father's hockey bag and takes out the equipment and tries to put it on now too.

Lunch, and DS is napping so thought I would give Jari one last try. Just got her original Get Ripped as I understand you can go heavier with it. I'm a little sore between baseball practice on Thurs and the TJ yesterday. Had more of a "kick" to it then I thought.:)

Jeanette - June 21st was my expected due date but the little guy didn't want to come out. 3 weeks later and 12 hr induction and still nothing so a C-section for me. I was really wanting him in June though and the 1st day of summer would have been a good day! Have fun on the Rhino today. My brother lent us his ATV last year and DH has used it a couple times. They look like fun.

Debra - I don't think you were rude at all to the neighbours. Have fun tonight. I love it when someone else does my pedi.

Wendy - Do you have a weekend place you go to?

Sandra - sometimes its better to be too busy I think, saves you from getting bored (which for me equals eating).:p Have fun at the Y today - is the end in sight?

Kim - My DH used to play hockey a lot as a kid and when we found out we were having a boy I think one of his 1st reactions was "Oh no all the early morning hockey games" what goes around comes around!

Laurie - wished I had your energy that early in the a.m. Last year for a couple of months I got up at 5am to w/o. You would think that was long enough to make it a habit, but no, not with this puppy.

Tracey & Traci - ^^^ HI:)

Best go and start my w/o before the little guy wakes up.

BBL

Hi all back for a quickie...

For all who asked, I DO have some DOMS in my legs from my 10 minutes..not bad, and not in my glutes or hammies...mostly in the quads and inner thighs. DD is safe and sound and Nana's house...Thank goodness..She an I have been getting on each other's nerves lately! I am sure that she is having a great time having my mother dote on her completely.

personals.......

Jeanette...
No, my dear, I would never think of you like my neighbor's..for various reasons...firstly, you don't have a toddler that eats me out of house and home (she was eating the actual bag of goldfish yesterday!), secondly, you don't bring your dog who bites my child and my dog, thirdly, you don't say 'politics is over my head', fourthly, you don't expect me to entertain you the entire time you are here and you don't follow me from room to room. Please...come and save me from the crazies that have moved in!!!!!! You are welcome to come any time! Would love to have you come back this summer...when are you booking your plane?? Have a great time today with DH. I have no idea what kind of dvds you can get for golf...you'll have to do some research online for that...I am sure there must be some, though...Go to the golf magazine sites...there may be something there. CBL and I are going to the next big town over for dinner tonight to one of the tapas restaurants there...there is a whole downtown scene in the summer with people walking up and down the streets. There are a few nice pubs and bars plus some really nice restaurants too. If you come this summer, I promise to take you...LOL!

Wendy, Tracy and Sandra....
Waving as you fly through on the way to your busy lives!

Lindy..
Be nice to the Crazy Asian!

Kim...
Thanks for the input on the gyno-type physio. I am definitely going to look into it. I have observation hours I have to do...so I think if I can, I will do some with that group and some with a sports medicine group to see what I am more interested in. Glad to hear your pooch is okay. I would be wary about putting him under GA at this age, too, unless it was some kind of life threatening problem. Who cares if he can only eat soft food....He's old for goodness sake! My mom said right before my dad died...the man only wants to eat ice cream...Who cares! Let him!! LOL!

Laurie...
Yes, I am sure you have earned some time off of running your DD's here there and everywhere!! Hope you are having a great afternoon of shopping with the girls. Are they easy to shop with, or do you argue about what they can and can't wear?? I can't believe it is still so cold up there..We are supposed to have a cold front come in tomorrow and it is going to be down to 68...Brrrrrrrr!! I really liked Tony in the 10 minute trainers...he didn't irritate me near as much as he did in the X. I will let you know what I think of the others as I do them.

Patricia...
How is baseball going so far?? I am not a big fan of Jari myself. I think I gave all of mine to Jeanette! I have to have someone else do my pedi because I have teeny-tiny toenails that you can barely see. I get more polish on my toe than on my nail!! Have fun at the carnival tomorrow.

Okay..gotta run...I have yet to visit with Eoin....and I need to be all loose for the magic mechanic tonight...LOL! Have a great night ladies...See you tomorrow!!

Happy Mother's Day!
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Frig, I just hit a key and lost everything so here I go again.}(

I was pleasantly surprised with Jari's Get Ripped. You can go heavy like I had heard and gets it all done in about 45min. I think I might try doing it a few times a week and alternate with Cardio. I actually don't find her as serious as her others and the music was upbeat. Went for a walk afterwards and could feel it in the legs and butt.

I traded for Cardio Fusion from Dubai and got it in the mail on Friday. (2 weeks delivery from overseas and Cathe takes 4 weeks to deliver 10 hours north) I think I'll really like the 41 min pre-mix with the cardio mix. I don't have the Drill dvd so this will be my first exposure to that.

Just curious about the cover on the case. It just has a pic of Cathe from the LIC w/o but any picture of the DVD I'd seen previously has the covers from all 3 DVD's that this w/o is comprised of on it. It plays fine and looks original. I don't think Cathe sent out new covers when she replaced the defective dvd's did she? Mine came thru CK Sales and I think I remember just getting it in a jewel case or sleeve of some fashion.

Hubby home tonight and asking what I want to do for Mother's Day. Just want a lie in and flowers. I'm presuming he hasn't bought me a spa package like last year. I will never turn down one of those!:p

Hope everyone had a good Sat. Chat tomorrow.

Hi,
DH and I had a great time out on the Rhino. We didn't go many miles, but we stopped at every pretty little creek and ate and drank. The dogs were a hoot, lots of digging and sniffing and running. It's been just about a year since Tillie lost her eye. She doesn't let it slow her down at all. Both dogs are sacked out right now. We found a nice place to camp on the edge of a really green meadow, lots of little flowers on it. Not sure they will all be there in a couple of weeks, but it's still a nice meadow. I think I will take off Friday thru Monday of Memorial Day weekend to camp. Hopefully DH can get that Friday off too. We're hoping Mom and Dad will come out at least for the day. I have an organized bike ride on that Saturday the 24th in a nearby town. Will probably do a metric plus. Was surprised to see how dry it is out in the woods already, though there are still patches of snow here and there. It'll be nice having a campfire for Memorial Day weekend, but I'm sure they will close the woods for campfires after that time due to fire danger. They usually do.

After unloading the Rhino and spraying it off, ate some enchilada and went outside to hit some whiffle balls. My sister from down south called and we chatted for a while about Grandma. She's the one that cared for Grandma for the last 3-4 years before Grandma moved up here. She will be coming up for Grandma's birthday memorial on June 21st, and she and her family will be staying for about a week. Can't wait to see her!

Kim, thanks so much for the hugs. Hope everyone had a good time at your niece's birthday party. What kind of stuff did the "mad scientist" do? Wow, 11 miles!!! I think the most I ever did was 4 miles and I don't think I ever ran after that, except for the spur of the moment triathlon I did a couple years ago. My hip hurt, my knees hurt, I just hurt all over. No runners high for me that day. Or ever. Did you get some shopping done for the home improvements? I'd love to have a kitchen makeover and so would DH. I just don't want him to do it as I cannot see my kitchen torn apart for years. He's great at starting, not so good at finishing.

Patricia, seems like when I sleep in I get pretty stiff and sore. So how was the Jari Love workout? I have a few of hers. I may do a high rep rotation soon and incorporate some of hers with Slim Series. We have 2 ATV's and the Rhino. We love the Rhino because the dogs can go in it with us and we can bring an ice chest. We sit side by side with a covering over our heads. Looks kind of like a golf cart, but it's 4WD. I too had a C-section, been almost 27 years ago. Our DS will be 27 on May 26th. If he comes to our camping trip, I'll have a cheesecake for him as that's what he usually wants. Hope you like Cardio Fusion. It's one of my favorites. Oooooh, a spa gift sounds nice. I'm due for my quarterly massage and facial.

I have a bike ride in the morning. I think it's around 30-40 miles, but it's some tough riding. I heard it's supposed to be windy but hopefully that won't happen until later in the day. After the bike ride, will go see Mom.

Debra, good to hear that I'm not in the same category as your new crazy neighbor. I swear I don't try to make a pest of myself with others. I think we get so busy that our spare time is precious and we want to spend it doing things we like to do and being with people we care about and want to be with. I'm not saying that we shouldn't take time for others, but when they plant themselves on our property, well, I'd have a hard time too and probably end up coming off in a rude way. I think you handled that situation just right, nipped it in the bud before the woman thought you were her new best friend. Or maybe she still thinks you are. How was the date night? What kind of place did you end up going to? I'll go to some golf magazine sites and see what I can find. I found a couple DVD's on Collage, but not a lot of reviews there. I'll keep looking.

Night all,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.