Watercoolers Happy Mother's Day!

cab0899

Cathlete
I gave up on waiting for breakfast in bed to be served :+ and got up and made my toast and coffee myself.

Glad that you had a nice outing yesterday Jeanette, I'm sure it was good for some stress relief!

How was date night Debra?

What's everyone got planned for Mother's Day?

Not much here, probably church, maybe set up the pool and want to snoop at the open house that's on next door this afternoon. When our difficult neighbours moved out last Oct., this young couple bought it to "flip" it. They gutted and redid the kitchen which used to look like ours so I want to see what it looks like with all the changes. I think we picked out the fridge and stove we want yesterday but didn't end up buying it as I wanted to think about it for a few days. Then the Survivor finale tonight. I'm thinking for a workout I'm going to do PUB

Kim

Happy Mother's Day Coolers

A little tired. DS fell out of bed last night around 2am but quick to re-settle him but couldn't get back to sleep so watch tv for an hour or so b/4 finally falling asleep again but DS up at 6am. I received a digital photo frame for MD's so will have to figure it out this afternoon. My memory card is full as of yesterday so was intending to transfer onto a disc today anyhow so good timing.

DH made french toast this a.m. but he is really tired so back to bed for him (Hmm,, why is it Mom's seem to push themselves but men always to get take breaks?)

Kim, I know what you mean about checking out the neighbours especially when their house is identical to yours. I like just going for ideas. I couldn't believe it when we were house hunting last year, the open houses are only on Sat. - Agents don't work on Sunday's here unless they have appointments. The only stores open are in the Mall. That took a while to get used to since living in T.O. and having gotten used to 7 day week shopping - not that that is really a good thing either

Think I will try Turbo Jam CP#2 today if I can work up the energy. Feeling DOMS from yesterday, even in my abs witch I did Fri.

Gotta go as I'm being tied up by my skipping rope.

Happy Mother's Day to all!! Back in a while for a chat..

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good Afternoon

Just finished TJ- Kick,Punch,&Jam - fun but CP#1 still my favourite

Had relaxing morning just hanging out and doing laundry.

Gotta go and have my shower before my 2 guys wake up from their naps.

Hi all,
Had a very nice day today. Got up and went on a 40 mile bike ride. Approx. 3000' of climbing according to the rider that had an altimeter on his bike. He and his wife do the "doubles". Those are organized 200 mile rides that are completed in one day. They totally rock. They ride a tandem and are fast, fast, fast, even on the hills. They've been doing these doubles for the last 3 years I think and travel all over the state to do them. Not anything I want to do, but I admire their abilities and that they love riding together. It was nice having them on our ride today.

All 3 of our kids came over today, wished me Happy Mother's Day and brought gifts too. DD brought a nice scrapbook page of the grandkids that fits in a shadow type frame. When you are done with the picture, it goes into a scrapbook. She also gave me a couple of homemade soaps and chapstick that she'd purchased from a friend. DS#2 got me a $50 Starbuck's card and DS#1 made me a homemade Mother's Day card. I got my Mom a gift card at a local nursery and visited a little bit with her.

Kim, how was the open house at the neighbor's? Get any good ideas? Enjoy Survivor tonite. Get that pool set up yet?

Patricia, I'll have to see how those digital picture frames work. I'd like to get something like that for my parents. Think they would enjoy it. Nice that your DH made breakfast. Did you catch the "Man Cold" U-Tube that Lea put on here? Totally a crackup. How was Turbo Jam CP#2 today?

Hi Wendy and Debra!!! Happy Mother's Day to you guys too!! Bet you both were getting pampered today.

Deb, how was the date night? Can't wait to hear about it.

Wendy, what mp3 player did you decide on? I need to buy another one, I'd like to keep my Cardio Coaches on my Sansung mp3 player and get another one for just music.

Pretty quiet on here today. Everyone must be enjoying family time. Hmmmm, mine are all outside doing guy things. I'm the only one left in the house. Hey, isn't Mother's Day supposed to be all about me??? LOL!

Jeanette

Hi there! Just wanted to come back to say hello...but I see that most everyone is out and about and enjoying their day! I visited with my mom a bit this morning...then came home and took a nap after my late/date night yesterday! DD had already given me her Mom's Day gifts on Friday...so she was happy to play on the computer for a while. Then got up and exercised...I did the Cardio Attack part of the Greg Sims dvd...and then finished with a little Eoin. Greg had a lot of standing core work, plus plyo, plus kickboxing..with a little hi/lo thrown in. It was just the right amount of cardio for me...and something different to do. Then CBL brought over dinner for mom's day...what a sweetie! He gave me a mother's day gift a couple of weeks ago, too...a small flat screen tv for my bedroom. Although..that may be more for him than me...LOL!

Tomorrow I have a field trip to the zoo with the Diva and the rest of the germ infested urchins....at least we will be outside so the germs will have other places to land than just on me! Wish me luck.

personals.....

Jeanette...
So glad that you had such a great time on your ride today. How nice to see a couple who actually share a hobby/sport together! Sounds like you had a nice day with the kids too. I know with must have been a tough day for your mom...Hope she did okay. I know the first father's day without my dad was tough...His birthday is actually this week...which always makes me miss him more. Dinner last night was fabulous! We had a nice bottle of Riesling...plus the tapas...all appetizer size portions...crab cakes, shrimp, seared ahi tuna, bacon wrapped dates...Yummy!! Then a band played for a while...weather was great so it was nice to be walking around downtown. Thanks for letting me know I wasn't too rude with the neighbors....I always feel bad...but it's not like I want to be best friends with them....obviously...LOL!

Wendy...
Have a safe drive back from your trip. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day...I was thinking about you this afternoon as I was visiting with Eoin!

Patricia...
Sorry about all the sleep upset last night! Welcome to motherhood, hunh?? I bet the digital frame is cool. You are NOT supposed to do laundry on Mother's Day!

Kim...
Sorry there was no one up but the dog to bring you breakfast in bed this morning...LOL! Hope PUB was fun...the chest work on that one kills me! How was the open house?? Did you get any good ideas? How is the housing market up there? Our down here is awful...but I remember Sandra saying that things were much better up there.

Okay...done for now....Hope all the MIA Coolers are having a great Mother's Day! See you tomorrow sometime...depending on if I am up early enough to say hi before the zoo and if I survive the zoo at all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi Debra,
Glad you had a great day today. Your dinner/evening last night sounded wonderful! Life is good, huh? Hope you have a nice time at the zoo. I was watching TV and they mentioned that North Carolina had some tornados. Hope they are far from you. Will be golfing tomorrow with a girlfriend after work. I haven't seen Father Tony since last Monday when he had the broken/dislocated finger, but know he is anxious to play. He could come tomorrow and we'd have a threesome. The couple that rides the tandem are in great shape, both very very lean. They obviously don't ride to eat like I do LOL! They are pretty close and seem to have a great marriage. Think they've been married almost as long as my DH and I have. They mentioned they hope to still be riding when they are in their 70's. I don't think I've ever had crab cakes before. Must look up a recipe as I'd like to make them sometime.

Good night. No workout for me tomorrow as I've adopted Monday as my rest day. Sounds great right now. Actually, we'll walk the 9 holes so that counts as a little bit of cardio, but very low impact.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.