Watercooler Saturday....Where are you???

aschendell

Cathlete
Everyone must be busy and having lots of fun this weekend!!! Hope you all have a fun day planned...

Kisses...
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Just popping by for a quick hello...My knee still hurts from where I fell....and it is still a nasty cut...My butt/hamstring hurts since I have apparently done some real damage to the muscle there...I ended up doing Pure and Simple with Eoin yesterday and there were lots of things that were tough for me....UGH. I think I have really hurt myself this time. Maybe I can get Eoin to rub it next week while I am in Toronto...or at least get Wendy to...LOL!

Sorry I haven't been around much...It has been a busy week with the Diva's dad in town. We are looking forward to a fun day, though...We are headed to Yadkin Valley for a wine tasting/tour/hayride today. Should be fun!

No time for personals now...CBL should be here any minute...but I have to tell you, I made a GREAT dinner last night! We had grilled pork chops with a peach/avocado salsa that I made, with grilled corn on the cob and grilled zucchini...Yummy! Got to love the farmer's market!

Okay...off for now..kisses to all!!

Miss you...
Debra

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Sitting in the Whitehorse Airport waiting for our flight. We had a great week, beautiful (but cold) city. Using a public computer and only get 15 mins so can't "chat" long. Getting nervous about my race tomorrow. Kim

I think we should keep this thread for the weekend instead of just for Saturday.

Debra Dear: We can be injured together next weekend. Gosh! I had no idea Polly was so brutal! I refuse to send your muscle :* :* :* !!! :p :7 :+ Sounds like a job for CBL!:D NC must be filled with wine tasting tours. Hope you had a relaxing time. However, I don't know how relaxing a bumpy hayride would feel in your condition. Your dinner sounds divine! :9 Jealous as all get out that you have a farmers market so close to you.

Kim: Best wishes for your race!!!!! Hope you got home safe and sound!!!!

Let's see...

Patricia must be going stir crazy couped up in a RV with the family. Hope it didn't rain on you guys!!!

Laurie was probably needing a dose of Sudafed while playing Mrs. Ren-Rose with all the flowers and pollen today.

Jeanette is probably coming down from her endorphin high from today's ride.

Traci is probably forcing her clients to work harder and smarter.

Tracy is probably studying for her cert. in between running with her son and dog.

And Sandra is taking care of herself so she can come back and play when STS is finally in our hot little hands.

As for me... I was busy catching up on some much needed sleep. My arm is in PAIN from a year's worth of writing crammed into a few days. I can't wait to see my massage guru tomorrow!!!! She's got some serious work cut out for her! Good news: The girls did well on their tests and passed their evaluation.

Hope everyone enjoys Father's Day tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Hi ladies,
Sorry I didn't get back on last night. Can't remember what I was doing, but elected to get to bed instead of post.

Had a wonderful bike ride today. There were lots of people riding it. Temps were just perfect, and the scenery was spectacular. We did 59 miles with an average speed of 16.5 mph overall. Will be doing a workout in the morning (some kind of circuit), then going woodcutting with DH. DS left a message and said he'd be visiting us tomorrow too.

Wendy, thanks for posting the leg workout. Maybe I'll do that one in the morning. Thanks for the tailwind wishes. We didn't have too much of those, but no headwinds either. When do you start your massage class? I'll post the cake recipe soon. I'm too lazy to get off of this couch right now. That is AWESOME that the girls did so well! Must be because of their fabulous teacher! Great job! Enjoy that well deserved massage!

Debra, how was the wine festival? Hope you are having a great time with your BFF. Your meal sounded wonderful! Hope that knee is feeling better. Is it still an open cut? Is it infected?

Kim, wishing you great weather for your race. Bet you will run like the wind! Hope the vacation time was good too.

Night, night!

Jeanette

Good morning everyone! Happy Father's Day!!!! Seems like everyone actually has a life this weekend...LOL! Had a great time at the 2 vineyards we went to yesterday...Then DD spent the night at the fundamentalist's house and will be back home in a few minutes to get ready for her dad to pick her up. So, I hung out with my BFF from high school and after she left went to spend the night with CBL. Back home again now...then heading to the pool later today.

personals...

Kim...
Good luck with the race!! I am sure you will do fabulous!

Jeanette...
The wine festival was lots of fun...Had a nice day driving around in the country. There were some horses at one of the places we visited...and the had a foal that was only 3 days old there...My goodness was she sweet! My leg is still kind of an open wound...it isn't infected, it's just that I scraped a bigger than a quarter size hunk of skin off my knee. Ugh. I've kept antibiotic ointment on it...and then I also have it bandaged up for part of every day...It's just that it's pretty big and deep for a scrape. My toes are actually what gave me the problem with yoga the other day...the top of my right foot is also scraped, and my toes on the foot are bruised and scraped...so up dog is still kind of uncomfortable. I am hoping to have the wounds mostly healed before I see Eoin...I can deal with the hamstring issue, but the scrapes are bringing me down!! Glad you had a wonderful bike ride yesterday. Sounds like you did well. Have fun with DS today! Are you guys doing anything special for Father's Day??

Wendy...
I know, we are a couple of walking wounded! Of course, you daughters did well on their tests...That's why you have been cracking the whip all year!!! NC doesn't require any testing for their homeschooled kids. Ugh. I know the tests must be a pain for you, but it probably keeps those folks from the 'non-schooling' technique. We ended up not doing the hayride yesterday since it was pretty darn hot at the time. CBL's back has been out for the past couple of weeks, so he hasn't been a lot of help with my butt...LOL! I have spent way more time rubbing his back...Darn men! Have a wonderful time at your massage today...I hope she does your shoulder some good.

Okay...That's it for now...

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Morning,
Just finished a SJP hi-lo/weights circuit premix, plus abs. Am eating and DH is wanting me to hurry so we can be done and back to town. Woodcutting is always tough the first time we go. I think I'm in pretty good shape, but packing all those rounds is tough on the back. It's a full weight workout for sure. Good thing tomorrow is my rest day!

Will be back tonite to catch up with you guys,

Jeanette

I missed my massage!!!!!! x( x( x( I thought it was at 1 or 1:30. So, I called to confirm since I couldn't find the appointment written on a scrape of paper. ARGH!!! Well, she would have waited for me, but it takes too long for me to drive to the studio before she would have to leave for another appointment. UGH!!!! Anyway, she's going to schedule me in for Wednesday at 3:00. Reminders, please!!!!;)

I'm going to sulk for a bit and come back for personals.

Wendy

Okay, back in Winnipeg. Always great to travel but even better to get back home. We were home by midnight. I had 3 hrs sleep and then ran the half marathon. My slowest time ever, unofficial it's 2hr 16 mins. I felt fine but just very tired, I was so glad that I was running with a friend.

I would love to catch up but really need to do some unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping etc. Hopefully will be back later and be able to sit and catch up with everyone.

Kim

Okay, official race time is 2 hr 16 min 8 secs. Lots slower than my PR of 2:01. A good friend/coworker was doing her first full marathon and was aiming for 4:10 and I seen on the website she took 5:30, I feel so bad for her because she trained so hard.;(

Well I'll read the posts from the week while I was downloading pics to the store webstore so I'll do a quick catch up with you all and then maybe a trip report tomorrow.

Laurie I'm glad that your DH finally got that bar up for you! I'm going join you on the P90X+ rotation starting tomorrow! I'm glad that the kids are pitching in on the cleaning! How did the sleepover go??

Patricia- I'm hope that you're having a great time at NASCAR! Did you take Matthew with you? Hope he's feeling okay!

Wendy- How are the allergies? Did the rash on dd's hands disappear? Do you take a summer break from homeschooling soon! I'm an avid reader like your dds! Is it still hot? There was snow on our trip;(

Carol Did the heat break? I really enjoyed your pics, thanks for sharing!

Debra- I had a great laugh at your poor XDH's day. I'm glad that your dd was traumatized by it all. Has your leg healed from where you fell? I hope you get lots of time by the pool this summer, relax and enjoy!

Jeanette- Sounds like you had a nice get together for your brother. The cake sounds yummy! I had way too many "treats" on our trip. How did the bike ride go yesterday? (did I miss this in yesterday's post) I sure hope that you get the pay increase worked out, how frustrating!

DH is making supper (on Father's Day, LOL) He's feeling sorry for me because I'm complaining about my legs. Kim

Hi everyone,
Nice Father's Day today. DH and I got a nice load of wood and were back into town by noonish. Both DS's came over to visit, then DD later on. After woodcutting, I went to the nursery and bought some succulent plants to put in strawberry pots. Will do that maybe tomorrow night after my golf lesson. Got a call from an uncle of mine that is here visiting my folks. I went over there to visit with he and his wife for a while. Now home.

Debra, glad you had a nice time at the wineries! Wish I could accompany you on those trips. Colts are so cute, all legs and curly manes and tails. Your poor feet and and knee. Ouch! Sending healing vibes out to you. Hopefully each day it will start feeling better. We didn't really do anything special today for Father's Day, but was nice having the kids here. Grandkids came over too. They had fun on the Rhino with our DS driving them around, carefully too. He'll be competing next Sunday in another archery shoot and will take our grandson. Hope CBL's back gets back to normal. I was thinking about back injuries today while hoisting that firewood in heavy rounds. I really try to be careful as I'd hate to have a back injury.

Wendy, so sorry you forgot your massage appointment. I would have been bummed. I still haven't received my MyChelle order yet. Should be any time now. I'll try to remind you about your massage appointment, but I'm thinking you won't be forgetting this one.

Kim, so glad you are back. Sorry the run wasn't as good as you would have liked. That's how I felt about my triathlon relay, but oh well. I'm sure having a little more sleep before the half would have helped some. I had a very, very nice bike ride yesterday. The scenery was spectacular, traffic was light and the lake dazzling. My girlfriend's DH went on the ride too and he's a strong rider and pulled a lot for us. Would do that ride all over again tomorrow if I had the chance. Very pleasant. The next organized ride will be July 18th. It's another beautiful one. I usually go the day before and camp at the fairgrounds, go to dinner with friends and start riding early in the morning to avoid the heat. I prepared the grievance but haven't turned it in yet as I want to check one more thing before going down that road. Hope those legs recover soon. Will you be taking a rest day or two?

Well, better sign off now. I have a golf lesson tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to it. I'm sure my teacher will tell me to keep my day job.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.