Watercooler - Saturday

Hi again,

This is my last week of 4ds. I have seen great changes in my shape. That really is a great series, at least for the weight work. I'm doing upper today and some core.

Traci and Wendy - I hope you both feel a little better today. That kind of pain is nothing to fool with. I use the Barlean's Flax Oil. I haven't tried any other, but supposidly it has the best taste. I actually buy it from VitaCost and it's much cheaper than in the store.

Kim - Have fun on your run. DS got a HR monitor and that's really upped the intensity of our runs. Now we know what pace we have to keep to stay in the upper end of the training zone. I was dying from the heat and humidity yesterday, but I did survive. I'm not too stiff either and that's all that matters.

Debra - Have fun today. If you run out of planting, you can come up here and plant some things around my yard. I used to love to do that, now I really just don't care.

Jeanette - I hope you see the money soon. I asked DS why he hadn't been on his road bike since his ride several weeks ago and I guess he found out that he hates the road bike. I was laughing so hard, when he was talking about how poorly it handles, how a wreck on a road bike would be disasterous, how boring it is, etc., etc. This is coming from someone who races 25+mph down a mountain on a bike.

Patricia - I used to buy donuts every week when I shopped at this one grocery store. I haven't bought them in so long, but they sure were good. If only they made a low fat donut:)

Later guys,

Tracy

Morning Coolers

I was starting to go into withdrawl as our cable was out last night so no t.v or internet. Obviously back up today but now have to stay around home all day to wait for the cable guy to come to find out why we're suddenly having problems.

Thats okay though as I was intending to vaccum and wash the interior of the car today.

Kim - I watched my taping of Survivor last night and was quite shocked at Ozzie being voted off. You didn't let the cat out of the bag as I couldn't get on the forum last night so not problem. I did kinda wanted him to win as I do believe he is the best one however he does have a bit of an arrogant streak to him. I wonder if that was his downfall last time too. I can't remember how far he got the 1st time.

DH has gone to the cottage for the day to do some work so just me and DS. Having a friend over for lunch.

Hope everyone's weekend is starting out great.

Oh, did Muscle Max last night and have not decided what cardio to do tonight. I love step so will probably be that at least.

Off to the spelling bee!

Have a great day all:*

Nicole

Feel the burn!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Good morning,

Just off to do my workout: CC#6 on the bike in the basement, followed by BG core and bonus core. It snowed last night, so there won't be any outdoor riding this weekend. We're forecast to get snow every day until Tuesday.

It's our last "Super Saturday", thank heavens. I'll be back waaay later to see how everyone's doing.

Cheers,
Sandra

9 mile run done! It's a beautiful day, perfect day for a run. Might do some yoga later to stretch out.

Sandra- I'm sure it will be a relief when the activities are over. I know those few months without piano, swimmming, hockey, etc, life is just so much less stressful! Today's paper says Winnipeg is in the middle of the snowstorm to the West and the heat wave to the East. Saskatoon and Calgary and getting blizzard conditions, UGH! We're having a beautiful warm weekend (in the 20's) but then cool and rainy Monday/Tuesday which is the outskirts of the western storm. Spring blizzards are the worst because everyone is so sick of the snow.

Patricia- I was kind of glad to see Ozzie go, he seems kind of arrogant. I don't remember what happened to him the last time around.I saw that thread at videofitness.com yesterday, I guess the new website will be launched soon enough.

Tracy- I think I'll try some of the 4ds premixes for my weight work this week. It is a great series! How far do you guys run?

Nicole- have fun at the spelling bee!

Wendy- Hope you're resting that shoulder today!

Kim

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Today's workout is a double header of Clean Max and, later on, Drill Max. This morning was lots of chores. It's another gorgeous day, too, so I'm sure we'll be outside lots.

Nicole -- I, too, am intrigued by raw eating. I just don't think there's any reasonable way for me to do it with my family right now. I definitely also want to get PY4H2, but I have other fitness purchases to make first :) Have fun at the spelling bee!

Kim -- YIKES! For that much $$, you could've driven down and picked them up yourself! As for our trip, we're flying out the 15th of May (which is a Thursday) and coming home the 19th (Monday). We're looking forward to it :)

Wendy -- How's your body holding up?

Debra -- Congrats on your test score :D ^5 Gardening DEFINITELY counts as a circuit workout! If I wasn't so allergic to grass (get an itchy rash instantly upon even grazing it), I'd do more gardening myself.

Tracy -- I, too, love the 4DS. It gets really slammed all over on various boards, but I really do like it :) I love being able to fit in some good, solid cardio and weights (but not circuit-style) in about an hour. It's a nice series :)

Patricia -- UGH UGH UGH! I'm sorry you're STILL having problems. I hope the guy gets them all fixed up today!

Sandra -- Snow??? :-O Yikes! You should come down here... Sunny and 75 :D

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day.

Carol

Good morning,
Have lots to do today, if I don't get distracted that is. Oops, looks like I already am. Will post more later tonite.

Did about 30 minutes of Cardio Fusion on 8" step this morning, then did the shoulders of 4DS. Nice. Also DH told me today that he wants to start working out again, to also include some running once a week. Better dust off that Bowflex again.

http://www.emotihost.com/party/5.gif[/IMAGE] Got good news yesterday. Was called into the Warden's office and officially told I got my promotion!!! About darned time. I was told I got it back in November, but guess they were premature as it hadn't been cleared by Headquarters in Sacramento. Our Warden gave me a big hug!!! She said it was like a 100# weight had been lifted from her. She's a sweetie!

BBL,

Jeanette

Hi! I took notes since I can't open another window for personals.

This morning my youngest son and I went on a 10 mile bike ride on the massive hilly, back country roads. I wanted to turn around half way, but he talked me into going up this FOREVER hill climb!!! I thought my heart was gonna explode by the time we reached the top. The 35 mph decent was worth the work! My heart sure worked harder than my muscles.
I'm icing my back right now. It started feeling inflamed when we got back to my friend's house. I also took some Sudafed and Advil since this beautiful weather brings all sorts of pollen too. The Advil is working double duty today!!!

Opening another post for personals. Can't take any chance losing a post from expired time!

Wendy

Sitting out on my front porch to catch up on the news while DS naps. Had a great lunch with my girlfriend. We sat outside on the back porch and justed chatted over dessert.

With the weather so nice it seems work comes with it, but don't mind as we're able to be outdoors. Car all done so maybe will windex the windows.

Jeannette - you must be on a natural high this weekend. Congratulations on the pay raise and promotion. Yah:)

Kim - glad you're not getting the weather Saskatoon is getting or even Sandra's. It's suppose to rain here tomorrow but we need it. I'm hoping that's all we get, I've had enough snow.;(

Sandra - sounds like you're out and about regardless of the snow. It probably helps. Last weekend when it snowed I just could not get motivated to do anything. You guys always get the crazy weather. :eek:

Carol - it's just like when you go to the doctor and you're no longer sick or presenting symptoms. Nothing wrong with the cable the guys says and of course no one else on the street is having problems. Hockey play-off game tonight so lets x or fingers all is well or my DH will be pretty peeved.;(

Okay off to see how much work I can get done before the little one wakes. up.

Hello Coolers,

My workout is not done yet, but I plan on a 5.5m run and XStretch. My morning has been busy. Dropped oldest DD off at her track meet. We just stopped by the HS, and she said that they are not doing very well as a team. Apparently one girl has fallen twice, and two events the baton was dropped. The 4x1600 is what she was in, and they did ok. We have already been to my DB & SIL's house for my nephews b'day party. They had a brunch. So I need to let my stomach settle for a little. Hopefully DH will go pick oldest up from the HS when she calls to say she is done.

Tracy, I'm liking the 4DS too. It really gets the muscles good in a short amount of time. I think Krispy Kreme actually came out with a low fat donut once. Never tried it myself.

Patricia, Sorry your cable is acting up on you. It seems that all Cathe threads at VF get passionate. :D

Nicole, Hope your DS does well at the spelling bee. ;-)

Sandra, Dang on the snow, and I'm hoping it stays far far away from us. :7 :7 I've had enough of that white stuff this year.

Kim, WTG on the 9m run. I'm going to get back to that mileage, but more slow I'm sure. :7

Carol, Sounds like a good Max day for you today. :7 :7 I had a friend that tried the raw eating, and he really had a tough time with it. He said it was really hard to keep up with it when he really got busy.

Jeanette, Finally that promotion is going through. Isn't it fun when gov't takes so dang long to get something accomplished. :7 DH said to say "Hi" to the girls. :D He just walked by! Guess what, he is going to be working on some sewing in a few min. Hope he at least gets something cut out so I can start beading. :D Spring is here, isn't that when everyone decides that exercise is the thing to do. Good for your DH though. At least he is thinking about it vs. my DH who at the mention of exercise leaves the room. :7 :7

Have a great day ladies,

Laurie

Wendy - I think that's fantastic that you can keep up with your son:) :) :)
The downhill descent probably was incredible too. Hope you take the next day off especially for your back. My bike is still up in the rafters but might get it down this weekend and see about getting a tune-up.

Hi all,

My workout is done. I did 4ds b/bi then c/sh/tri, then Hi/Lo Dome Challenge (for core) and inserted pull/chin ups in between those exercises. I am back to doing almost as many unassisted pull ups, and more chin ups (10,8,8) than at the end of the X, so I was really happy about that. Of course I was moaning yesterday that my upper body looks a little big. My shirts are tight around the armpits.

DS was looking over my shoulder yesterday and asked what DS means, then guessed dip shi*, then DH chimed in with dumb shi*, then I said no....It did take them a while to figure it out.

Wendy - Maybe you should give the upper body a complete rest for a few days. I always feel like the bike requires some upper body stabilization, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. Take it from a real hard head, it is not worth pushing an injury:) It will take twice as long to heal. Miss a week now, or continue to work out and chance missing 6-8 or more weeks.

Patricia - We just got new cable and it was supposed to be great; it' not. The only good thing is that each tv box is a dvr, so we don't have to use the vcr again and it will all be on one bill.

Laurie - Too bad about DD's relay team. I'm sure it's hard to keep going when things like that happen. It is a life lesson, but one can only stand so many of those within a short period of time.

Kim - We are running around 5 miles; sometimes we go the flat route and other times the hilly route. It's all in the woods and much of it is along a very scenic river. I really don't want to do too much more than that twice a week because I get too skinny and loose the hard earned muscle.

Carol - I couldn't do the raw eating thing. There are some foods I just don't like enough to eat raw all of the time, plus I bet its a lot of work to plan.

Congratulations to Jeanette - Better late than never!

Sandra - I guess you all are used to the long snow season, but it sure does not sound appealing. Of course in two months I'll be complaining about the heat and humidity.

I'm going to run up to the local market and get some herbs to plant and put on the porch. That will be the extent of my gardening this year.

Tracy

Hi all!!! Sounds like everyone is having a productive Saturday!! DD is off with the fundamentalists, so I have a couple of minutes to say hello. I have been busy with yard projects over the past couple of days...but I think I am pretty much done with the things I can do myself...I have some more mulching to do (if you can believe that...LOL!) but I will be getting someone to do that for me...and I have a couple of trees left to plant, but I need to get some strong man to dig those holes for me...Probably my lawn guy...LOL! DD and I went to an antique show with my mom this morning...so that was fun...Well, for my mom and me anyway! I also got the downstairs vacuumed today....which is good since Child Services was notified that there were dust bunnies larger than my 7 y/o and they were getting ready to remove her from the home...LOL! I have not exercised yet today...My knee is bugging me a bit...so not quite sure what to do. DD and I are headed out with CBL tonight to go bowling. That always bugs my knee, but I promised DD...so I may not workout today....we'll see how my time is running.

okay...onto some personals....

Tracy...
Love all the DS words your boys came up with...Typical men!!! Good for you on getting some herbs planted...I guess that's better than nothing!! Way to go with the chin/pull ups! I am assuming you upper body is larger because of the size of you muscles...wow. I am impressed...My upper body is much harder for me to gain muscle in than my lower. My legs are pretty muscular, but my arms always seem fattier to me. Glad you have seen such good results from 4ds. My planting days are done for now...I just need a few day lillies to put in the back...but I am waiting on the right price at the farmer's market first!

Laurie..
Sorry DD's team isn't doing as well this year. She is doing good, though, right?? Yeah on DH starting some sewing!! I bet you are excited about that....now only a few days until you can get started with the beadwork. I am assuming you are doing new dresses for your girls, but how about you? Do you get a new one this year??

Wendy...
Great job with the bike ride today! Take it easy on that back/shoulder. Poor Phil is going to throw his shoulder out rubbing yours...LOL! And it wasn't my mom with the face mask...it was DD, silly woman! I didn't have to pick the mask off my mom...LOL! DD has had loads of fun with her friends with the facial stuff and the foot stuff. They are always coated in lotion of some sort when they emerge from her room. CBL is actually hiring me some mulch guys!!

Traci...
Hope you are having fun at the bay and resting that darn shoulder!

Patricia...
Glad you had a relaxing lunch with your GF. So nice to have good weather I bet! It is windy here today, but the temps are still pretty warm. We have had sun a warmth for the past 2 days which has been great! Good luck getting your cable issues fixed...I would go crazy if I couldn't get online or watch some tube!! Especially if my co-workers were eating road kill for dinner!

Jeanette....
I am doing the happy dance about your promotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!!!! Hope DH is getting the back of the house painted today....So will he really work out??? I remember he did for a while with you before, but I can't remember how long it lasted...LOL! Hope all went well with dinner last night. How was the pie??

Carol...
Hope you are enjoying some time with your family in the warm weather. I laughed when I read that you got the itchies from 'grazing' grass...My first thought was that you were actually eating it, but I reread it and got the point...LOL! I have apparently been living out in the country with the cows, horse, and mini mules waaaaaay to long!

Kim...
Glad you are enjoying some spring-like weather. Congrats on on getting 9 miles in...I am always amazed at people who can run like that....I am such a poor runner...lol. I know it doesn't take any sense to run, but I am always pulling or hurting something! DD was pretty graceful as an elephant...I really don't think it was the animal for her...she would have been better as a bird, I think...LOL!

Sandra...
I KNEW there was a reason I never let XDH move us to Canada...That would be snow this time of year!!! Yuck! I am soooo ready for spring temps by March, I can hardly stand it down South, much less up there. I remember when we lived in Minnesota...It wouldn't get warm until about July and then the mosquitoes would come out so you couldn't even enjoy being outside without getting eaten alive. WooHoo on the last 'super Saturday'!! No, our farmer's market is super cheap! They have fresh veggies, fruit...lots of organic stuff, too, as well as fresh meats on the weekend...bison, ostrich, beef, lamb...all organic as well...plus all kinds of plants, trees and shrubs. Yesterday they were giving away free tomato sandwiches...not my personal cup of tea, but most people down here love them. They will have a strawberry weekend soon, too. Next weekend is wine tasting weekend with all kinds of local vintner's. I love it and it is super close to my house! If I have to do shoulder presses then you have to do bicycles!

Nicole...
Quick! Spell something for me!

Okay...think that catches me up for now! Hope everyone has a great evening. Think of me later while I am bowling and probably ripping my knee out of socket again. Ugh. See you all in the morning!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

I am finally back for personals. I had to charge my phone in the car since I left my charger at home. Then I had to buy some wheat flour and other odds and ends for baking.

Had to take more notes too!!!

Tracy
I'll have to check out VitaCost and see if there's a difference in how much Whole Foods sells it. I have to agree with your son about road bikes feeling dangerous. There's no way I would chance riding a road bike on these back country roads with all the loose gravel! ^^5^^ on building back up to your X pull up-chin up amounts! Awesome job! Your upper body must be hot! If you weren't already married, I'd recommend a trip to Canada this summer! From what I hear, the men go crazy over short sleeves! You could really drive them bits in your Xer tank!!! LOL I promise I'll take a rest day tomorrow. It's supposed to rain anyway.

OK Dinner is getting cold.

I'll post more after I eat!

Wendy

Tracy
Editing is impossible on this phone!! Smart Spell thought I meant bits instead of nuts!! Sigh

Sandra
Awww How sad there's snow on the ground when there's a new bike in the house! At least you salvaged the day in the dungeon. Hey, did you get clipless pedals for your bike? Phil is putting mine on this week. Guess I should let him know! I'm going to make a loaf for learning tomorrow morning. If it turns out, I might try my hand at the oatmeal bread without the vital wheat gluten.

Patricia
Hello! I had to keep slowing down for DS to catch up! I'm such a mean mommy! I made him ride my old garage sale find while I used my friend's bike. His bike is like my Gary Fisher mountain bike, but with wider tires. Oh yeah, a friend emailed me the link to the "nation" before it was blocked. It looked pretty cool. In fact, there was a picture of me on the front page. Of course, there were 105 other women posing with me too. LOL

Okay posting this before I time out and have to repunch my post!

Wendy

I am tired! Can't blamee my diet! It's been clean eating all day here. Lowfat cottage cheese with fresh fruit, sirloin salad with flax oil, and egg whites on wheat toast. Yum! Phil is at the stream outside the house catching trout for tomorrow's dinner!

Kim
Impressive! A 9 mile run in 20 degree weather!!! Have fun at the concert! My sister texted me from the Keith Urban concert last week. I had to ask my kids who he was!!! I realized who he was after they told me who he was married to! LOL

Carol
As far as I can tell, the 4th should work! As for raw, I'd have to go to a detox center!!! Lea is amazing for eating 100% raw for as long as she did! I hope she stops in soon and updates is on how she's doing with a combo of raw and cooked foods. That's a great price for 100 wineries and tastings!!!

Nicole
Share away! I'm always game for a tasty clean recipe!

Laurie
I am positive you discussed the value of competing as a team with DD cuz you're a good mom! Hopefully she'll embrace the lessons unlike our Star Student Debra, who is running for her entire group! LOL (Oh, Debra, I luv you for it too!!!). Have fun beading your next masterpiece!

Ok posting this now!

BBS to finish punching my notes!

Wendy

Final post for me tonight!!!

Debra
How did my Star do tonight? I meant Julia!:) Was bowling easy on your knees tonight? After your finished with Tracy's yard, can you weed my flower garden? I forget when it was last weeded. I think it was when eldest went to Bootcamp! I miss him!!! Guess I best put gardening in this year's curriculum! LOL. OMW! My ADD is showing! Now it makes sense... Your mom isn't dipping into the hemp as I first thought! Glad the girls are having fun with the spa kits.

Jeanette
Tell the Captain I have my eye on him! He better keep up with the program or else he'll be demoted to Skipper!!! He can't get sluggish on us!;)

Well, I am exhausted! I don't even have the energy to bat my eyes tonight!

Sweet Dreams!

Wendy

Wendy, my love...Bowling took a toll on my knee...Darn it!!! I knew it was going to, but I had already promised DD, so what was I to do?? I am not much good at weeding...but, by golly, I can dig a hole like you wouldn't believe...LOL! And I know you will get a kick out of this...CBL is going to participate in a 'Spa Night' with Julia on Thursday...she is going to give him a facial and a manicure!!! They have it all planned out...silly things! After the spa session...which just let me add, I was not invited to...we are going to watch one of the Harry Potter movies. How are you feeling??? Has Phil completely given out from rubbing you all over?? I hope you saved some of that massage oil!!

Kisses to all....and good night!!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.