### Watercooler #### Sassy Saturday

aschendell

Cathlete
Hi...just starting us off...back in a minute to do personals since it looks like this time of day is the only time I can get to it!!!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

First of all...I have to say...WTH am I doing up at 7 on a Saturday for goodness sakes?!?! Second of all, sorry I have been MIA most of the week...Just lots going on on here...and some personal stuff I am trying to deal with too. And there is always the Diva to keep me busy! Thirdly, we have a neighborhood cookout this evening, and it is raining...The Diva is going to lose her mind if for some reason this thing is canceled! Please send sunny vibes for the afternoon! Fourthly, I still have the headache from he!! which is mostly why I am up at this time of morning on a weekend.

As far as workouts are concerned, I ended up doing one of the new Ellen Barrett Studio workouts yesterday, Slim Sculpt. I have been looking for an alternative to Squeeze on those light days, and I definitely liked this one, but not as much as Squeeze. The Studio dvd was definitely an intermediate workout....but it was what I needed for the day, I guess. I do have some little DOMS in my shoulders, so I guess that is good. It is a pilates based dvd with lots of standing work. Typical Ellen Barret moves, though. Nothing earth shattering. I will be doing some sort of cardio today with chest from 4DS...or maybe from CTX since I am not in the mood to do lots of pushups.

personals...

Patricia...
Glad you won your baseball game last night! I am sure it is because of your stellar abilities!!! Have a safe drive this morning, too. Hope you little one slept through the night with no rumblings so that you aren't tired today. My Diva still crawls in the bed with me sometimes...especially after a nightmare. She is a snuggler, too, and is all up on me in the middle of the night. Ugh. I put a pillow in between us so that she can't get but so close...lol. I didn't realize your DH has an insulin problem...I am guessing it is under control?

Wendy...
Hope you are getting some fun in between taking care of your friend. Hugs coming your way!

Kim....
So sorry to hear about the tooth...I know that is not any fun. I hate to have any sort of pain in my mouth...I can deal with it anywhere else but there. I can tell you that I wouldn't have been doing housework if I had a sore mouth....LOL! The Diva's sleepover is next Friday...and it looks like all of the girls from her class will be here...We went and got some things for the party yesterday after school. She is so excited!!

Sandra...
Hello, my dear! How are the classes at the Y going?? How much longer until you are done? Yes, the crazy neighbors will be at the 'do tonight, but since the rest of the neighborhood will be there, it will be easy to slip away if I get caught for too long. I think I have fixed some of the boundary issues with them when I was rude a couple of weeks ago...LOL. Hope you had fun with Eoin yesterday...after I go to Toronto, do I get to be an honorary Canadian???? I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to visiting your country! CBL has been there before, but not me. Sounds like your X+ rotation is working well for you! How wonderful to catch that glimpse of back muscles when you weren't expecting it!!! My dd still has nightmares, too, although she doesn't usually remember them.

Laurie and Jeanette....
Hope you guys are having a wonderful relaxing weekend!!!!!

Traci and Tracy...
Saw you have both made brief appearances...so just waving hello!

Okay....think that catches me up for a bit. I need to go make chili and pasta salad, but not really feeling like it right now. Maybe I will lay in the bed a bit longer and keep my eyes closed to the world for just a few more minutes. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Kisses to all......
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Sorry about the headache Debra. That's a long time to have a headache. I took some Tylenol before bed and was able to sleep through the night. Congrats on winning the game Patricia!

Gotta to go, meeting my friend at 8 for a 12 mile run! Kim

Good morning!

I'm having a very hard time getting myself motivated today. I'm just dropping you all a quick note to tell you that LOL! Okay, I'm off to the basement to do some semblance of UB+ and Abs/core+. Thank god next week's a "recovery" week.

Debra - Have fun at the do. Hope the rain stops! And the headache too!!!!

Kim - Have a great run!

Cheers,
Sandra

Good Afternoon on this Sassy and Warm Saturday

Down at my parents. Dropped DH at the cottage around 10am and got her by 11am then quickly went downtown to a parade the town is having. Later today is a duck race which I'm not sure we'll get to. Hopefully as I think DS may enjoy it but he is napping now.

Debra - still your headache eh? Eoin not helping you out eh? Stay away from the neigbours so they don't make it worse eh! If you want to be an honorary Canadian you have to start staying eh!:p :p I'll sponsor you as a kissing cousin LOL. Sending a message to the Gods to stop the rain for you.

Kim - how long is 12 miles in km? 24K's I'll limit my running to going around the bases as fast as I can. I did a learn to run 5k b/4 DS was born and developed a nasty case of PF that tood a couple years to get rid of and still feel that it is just lying dormant waiting to come to life again!

Sandra - hope you day went well at the Y

I've not had much to eat so going to go raid Mom's cupboards - she always has sweets on hand.

BBL - will let you know if my Mom's duck won. LOL

Thank you for the sunny wishes as I am sitting outside on this glorious afternoon to calm my mind before the festivities start in a couple of hours. Pasta salad is done, as is the chili, as well as other various errands...I have even had a nap, but alas no workout as of yet. I tell, you , my head is still aching and as of this moment I may take today as a rest day. Nothing seems to help this headache. My mom and CBL are after me to go to the doc, but of course, now it is the holiday weekend, so I won't be able to until at least Tuesday...which is the day of the Diva's party at school, so it may be Wednesday...surely it will be gone by then!! Anyhoo...it's quiet around here this weekend...and I had to actually stop myself from chiming in on a couple of threads on OD. People are such idiots. I am refraining myself for the moment, anyway.

personals...

Kim...
Hope you have a great run!!!!

Sandra....
I am sure that your motivation is in full swing by now. Sometimes it is just the getting started that is hard...And with those newly bulging back muscles, I am sure you will keep them toned!

Patricia...
Have a great time at your mom's! I promise I can do my best Minnesota accent to get into the Canadian club, if need be. I lived there for about 2 years and picked up a lot then. Except for a knowledge of curling which I didn't know existed until Sandra explained it to me...but I know all about ice shanties now!

Okay, ladies...Hope everyone has a good night. Wish me luck with the crazy neighbors...Shuush...I got a peep at my underarms and I guess I need to shave those before I go and mingle with the real people of the world....LOL! That must mean my legs are REALLY bad!

Kisses....
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I just thought I'd pop in on this holiday weekend and wish everyone a happy and safe holiday.

Debra - Sorry about the headache. If it's not gone by Wednesday you really do need to go to the dr. Are the fundamentalists going to be partying with you this weekend?

Kim - I hope you enjoy your run. I had a nice run yesterday.

Patricia - Enjoy your time visiting.

Sandra - I'm on a recovery week, and was going to do a month of X+, but everytime I open the thread you are dreading the workout. It might be too much to do the same workout twice a week huh?

I'm off,

Tracy

My run this morning just wiped me out, I think I got a bit dehydrated maybe. Patricia, 12 miles is 19.3 km. We were a bit slower today for some reason. Had a nap, tried to figure out the new stove, planted some flowers and now going to take DH out for his birthday dinner. His birthday is tomorrow but it's supposed to rain tomorrow and it's beautiful right now so decided to go today and we can sit out on the patio.

Ouch on the PF Patricia, I've known others to have it and it seems so painful. How did the duck do?

Debra- How was the get together? Which threads in OD were you thinking of posting on?

Sandra Did you find some motivation?

Hope everyone else is enjoying their holiday weekend! Kim

Hi!

I've been busy cooking. My ex had a copy of my marble cheesecake. Finished baking it in time to put the turkey meatloaf in the oven.

Tonight I'll probably do a step workout and yoga.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my friend. He's learning how to monitor his sugars. I think the hospital stay taught him to make doctor appointments.

Debra
Have a fun evening!!! Have a drink for me! I agree with your mom and Larry. Make an appointment about those headaches ASAP.

Sandra
Maybe all you need is a partner to help pull you through the X+ rotation. I would do it with you... Perhaps Tracy or Kim or Laurie will join you on a rotation.

Well I'm going to post.
Everyone have a great weekend and Memorial Day!

Wendy

Evening all!

I pushed play on the Plus workouts today and got through them just fine.

Debra - how was the neighbourhood party? So glad the sun came out for the occasion. You sure do have a lot of new and different workouts, don't you? I hope you enjoy your visit to Toronto. Like Patricia said, if you want to be one of us, just start saying eh, okay eh? I have 3 more Sundays until I'm finished the course part of the Y training. Then I start doing "in servicing" at my local Y for 50 hours.

Patricia - Fun sounding day! How'd your mother's duck do?

Tracy - I gave a lengthy reply to your post last week, but I think it was the day after you asked me about the Plus. Did you happen to catch it? Yes, I'm whining about the Plus workouts, precisely because of the frequent repetition. I've got myself convinced, though, that the frequent repetition is what makes these so beneficial. They certainly feel harder by the end of the week than they did at the beginning. Maybe Wendy's right and having a partner will help me do another month. Wanna play along? I do think these will create results.

Kim - Ahhh, hopefully next week's long run will be better. When's the half-marathon?

Wendy - Your suggestion about me needing a partner is a good one. One day that shoulder will heal, and you'll actually buy the workouts, and we can groan along together. You've got some delicious baking going on there! Makes my mouth water. Are you still managing to keep your eating reasonably clean? Or at least, better than it had been?

Have a good night,
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.