Wasted Away Again in HA-A-A-TERVILLE 5/5

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Mornin!

Just gettin us started...

I had a crazy busy weekend. We saw Iron Man Saturday afternoon. It was a GREAT movie. It was SO great that I was able to overlook Gwyneth Paltrow's vapid performance. She is, IMHO, quite possibly the most overrated actress in Hollywood, and I usually avoid movies when I see her name in the credits, but Robert Downey Jr. and Jeff Bridges were so AWESOME that I was able to overlook this error in casting judgment. :p

We went out for dinner Saturday night and had a wonderful time. We ate a new restaurant in town -- it just opened a few months ago and it's been nominated for a James Beard award!!

We went out to brunch Sunday morning, and then we hiked the trails in a lovely state park. We took dinner to DH's parents last night and didn't get home until late -- UGH! So I overslept this morning -- AGAIN! I've been doing that a lot lately ;(

I'm going to start Cathe's may rotation today. I think GS BSB is on tap, and some cardio (Of course I'm not doing Cathe's prescribed cardio! What....do you think I'm crazy!? ) :p

So what're y'all up to?

I'll BBL to see if anyone is around :*

ETA that I did a CC workout on my elliptical this weekend, too. I was a very good girl in that regard. OTOH, my eating was of the most unclean variety }( ;(

Hey haters!

Michele - sounds like you had a very nice weekend. You sure have some good sounding restaurants in your area. I have no idea what Iron Man is even about. I see it advertised all over though. Gabe hasn't mentioned seeing it but he has stated that he would like to see speed racer which comes out on Friday. I really hope that your DS gets the job. I just checked out the May rotation since you brought it up and that does look like a GOOD one, hence the cardio! Do you think this is a good one since STS will be coming in the near future. I might join you. Just don't get excited if I'm a few days, or even weeks behind you. And I'm w/you, I'm not doing Cathe's prescribed cardio.

Jennifer - glad to hear that your foot is feeling a bit better. You sure did yourself in this time, didn't you?

Jen - yeah, you're better. Like Robin said, don't over do things or you're gonna end up right back in bed.

Robin - hi!!!!! It is BEAUTIFUL here today, isn't it! Love it!

Aug - where are you???????

Shannon - is this the week of your "vacation"?

My weekend was very busy too! Friday I took off work but was up at 6:00. Did some laundry, then around 9:00 Gabe and I packed up our bikes and went for a bike ride. OMG does that seat kill my butt!!! The trail is 3-miles and he wanted to go around it again but I couldn't. My butt hurt so bad. LOL I need to get one of those gel seats I think. Or a smaller butt. LOL. We went for lunch and then shopping at the mall. Later that night he had a baseball game and I swear if I don't have it out w/one of the mom's til the season is over. I was to work in the concession stand but for some reason the schedule was over booked so we decided that we would split it up. So I went to sit down. There are only 2 sets of bleachers. One on the home side & one on the visitor side. They are very small, just 3 or 4 rows. So this mom on his team is pure WHITE TRASH. She was at one end with about 5 other people. She is so obnoxious. So she starts going on about her smoking and then says to me, oh you don't mind do you b/c I know that everyone around me doesn't care b/c they are all with me. I told her that if my 2 year old is there, then yes I do mind. So she says, "well I smoke around my kids all the time, they're used to it". I just roll my eyes at her and tell her that this is a children's sporting event and she really shouldn't be smoking there anyway. And she says, "Well I don't see any sign around.". She was smoking one after the other, throwing her lit butts on the ground while her daughter who is 3-4 is walking around in her bare feet. At this point, I got up and sat in the grass with another mother. Can you believe her? Then another mother sat down on the bleacher with her baby, who is a preemie and she carries a breathing machine for the baby. You can bet if that was me, I would've really carried on. If she can't watch a baseball game without having to smoke then she should get up and go across the street or something. I can hardly wait to see her again on Wed night. HA!!! So anyway, Saturday we went to the Hershey Zoo, Hershey Chocolate World & to my cousins. Then yesterday I cleaned for most of the morning, then took the boys to the amusement park.

Did I tell you, I hate Monday's? I'm so sleepy!

Well, I better get back to work. Have a great day haters!

Wanted to pop in & say hi... only have a minute as I need to shower & get dinner ready all in 30 min. I haven't been sleeping well, still not feeling 100% & seem to have devolped a cough that only bothers me late evening a little & then ATTACKS me in the middle of the night. Very deep cough too. I'm also still blowing my nose 100 times/day and my ears are still clogged. I am feeling better since on this med but still not wonderful. I am still taking Claritin & another o/t med per my doc's instructions & nothing seems to be working. Also using simply saline hoping to dry up my never ending dripping nose. Ugh.

Anyway, Sunday w/o was Shape It Up, B&G floor work, & 4DSKB cardio. Tonight all I had time for was Firm It Up. Hope to get in a good long w/o tomorrow evening. Chad will have the boys so I won't be rushed.

Hi Michele & Dana! WTH is everyone else?!?!

Okay, I may BBL after I kick Chad out if I'm not too tired! :p

Hi guys!

I'm back in town!

And almost literally the moment I walked in the door to my apartment, I fell ill. LOL. Not LOL.

At first I thought I'd suddenly gotten horrible hay fever because my nose was like Multnomah Falls, but then my glands got all swollen and I became all a Jell-O.

I decided to cancel my meeting today and just take it easy. Which is something to say being that I've got all 4 monsters here since last night. Actually, they're all really mellow today for some reason. Maybe the dry food withdrawals. :)

MICHELE - Glad you had such a nice weekend. Ooh, I haven't been to the movies in a while. And a new restaurant! Fun!

DANA - I was LOL about your bicycle butt and also the smoking woman. I wonder what she was trying to prove? Hershey Chocolate World. Now that sounds pretty interesting. Is chocolate available everywhere?

Okay, I'm going to go take it easy....after I check out the May rotation. :D I was looking forward to working out on my return (honestly :* ) but I'm going to have to recharge and get these glands down before I start up again.

Laters!

I missed you guys!!! :)

ETA : Ooh, Jen, we pushed the enter button at the same time!! Well, okay, so I was a millisecond after you. :p Glad to see you, but hope you feel better soon!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.