VegX check in week of June 22

cindi1

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Last week's thread didn't get a lot of activity over the weekend but I'll start a new thread for this week. It it stays quiet - maybe there isn't a need for a check in afterall. :(

Anyone have veggie tales/recipes/questions to share?

I do another check in thread and responses wane every weekend. I think people just get busy when they're off. I don't have anything interesting to post. No great meals made this weekend. Tonight I do plan on using some of my fresh tomatoes that are coming on like crazy to make a pasta dish that I sort of adapted from Giada on the Food Network. I have mini-romas and some cherry tomatos and will halve and saute with garlic (lots of garlic) then as they soften, smash them slightly and mix in fresh basil and spinach then add whole wheat pasta and fresh mozz. I made ciabatta bread yesterday so that'll be on the side with a salad most likely. Can't wait!

Heather

I was gone all weekend to a baseball tournament in Grand Haven. Friday night we got crazy storms. 7" of rain in less than 3 hours. Then very hot games Saturday and Sunday. Sunday morning 1st inning, 1st game, my just turned 8 year old was playing second and a ball took a bad hop and smacked him at the top of his left cheekbone. So, he was out for the rest of the day, but the 10 year old was still playing. We did ice and after a couple innings he wanted to go back on the bench. He's fine and everyone there was great with him. He's a tough little guy and actually ran off the field after they checked him out. Then he did sit on my lap for awhile, but once he was over the initial shock he just wanted to be with his buddies. The fact that he was still seeping blood for a few hours didn't phase him in the least.

My eating wasn't so hot. We took food, but there was a team picnic on Saturday. We had Boca Burgers and other than eating a little package of chips I did ok. Then Sunday we went to Pizza Hut as the boys had coupons for Personal Pan pizzas. DH totally blew me away by telling them they could have cheese (real cheese) on their pizzas because they could only get sauce and one item. They've never had cheese before. Things with casein were the closest they've come. They were loving it of course, and neither of them seems to have had a problem with eating it. Then we got ours with cheese, too. I'm guessing at some point he may regret doing it, and it was weird. I certainly didn't need to be eating it, but it did taste good. Back on the straight and narrow today!

Today I spent the morning and up till now just drinking some Master Cleanse lemonade to get myself back on track.

Hi veggie friends!
I had to come here to post when I got the e mail on Cathe's big announcement. Wow it really makes me sad that she has made an actual partnership with Eggland's Best. I think it is interesting how everything in her e mail was centered around the wonderfulness of their eggs not the horrible lives or their hens...:(

I've never actually done the Master Cleanse. I believe I once made it 24 hours, but my body just doesn't do well without food. I think more for mental reasons than physical, but for whatever reason I've never been able to really fast even with liquids. I do sometimes use the drink (lemons, maple syrup and cayenne) for part of a day to give my body a break from solid food though and I feel that it does help.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.