Twas the night before Christmas in *Cheetahville*

Well, today's planned work out is a long one...CTX shldr, bi, tri, B&G abs and a 5 mile run. YIKES! That along with all of the holiday shopping, wrapping, etc that I STILL need to get done before leaving tonight! Add to that the fact that I have to pack us up for an overnight stay at my SIL's tonight and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed today. :eek:

That being said, I better hop to it and get CTX going ASAP!

BBL!:)

Good morning Wendy and all of Cheetahville!

Wendy - I've been stting here trying to come up with a Christmas-y thread title to try to keep up with Cathy's but I was comin' up blank *lol*:confused::p. Thanks for the merry message this morning! How's Joey doin? I hope he's feeling better:(.

Oh, what a day yesterday...whew! I have to say that I got more done than I had anticipated with a bit of time to spare:D. DSO wasn't thrilled (read: very impatient and disappointed) with the idea of errand running all day long but the two major errands involved him so what did he expect:rolleyes:. Yeah, I added a couple of stops in with those while we were in a particular area/town but that's what I call being *efficient*. He said he expected to spend more "quality" time togther....whatever:rolleyes:. Hey, will someone pass me the silly putty hammer:p?

I'm running out the door here in a second to go feed and then make a couple of last minute stops. Mom is going with me so it'll be a good time for us to catch up with each other and talk freely without my grandmother around.

I should have some downtime when I get back to catch up on personals. Love ya babes! TTFN!

Good morning, Wendy, and all who follow!

merry_christmas_bear.gif

Wendy—Can see why you'd feel overwhelmed. That's a mighty big to-do list, but you'll probably be so pumped by that workout, you'll zip right through it all. Is it icy by you?

Jackie—It’s good BIL will be surrounded by family and friends. I can imagine the trauma will stay with him for awhile. How is your sister doing? I’d wondered if they had possibly threatened him, too. I don't know if you already shared this (and if you did, sorry for asking again), but did BIL try to fight them off?...Yes, I am on break now officially! AMEN!!! Sounds like a day nice off for you yesterday. Do you have more vacation time this week?

ETA: Hey Wendi—have fun out and about with your mom!

So with a restful night's sleep, I'm feelin' energized and ready for KPC/L&G. I have to do some things for tonight's family swap since I'm playing Julie the Cruise Director with that one, but other than that, it'll be a low-key day for me.

Last edited:
Hey Friends Merry Christmas Eve!

Wendy- Way to go with getting the day started early. I'm on the same wavelength. I hope Joey feels well enough to really enjoy the next few days.

Wendi- Nice going with getting that list done yesterday. I hope you no longer need the silly putty hammer for DSO. Enjoy the one on one time with Mom!

Cathy- I hope you were able to have a good nights rest after losing steam last evening. It was nice of you to give a shout to our MIA Cheetahs.

Jackie- That was nice of you to spend time with Dsis and BIL. Nice WO with grace. You have CE too? Share your critique with us.

Carole- the Spicy Black Bean Chili was HOT! I put in too many chipotle peppers! But I ate it any way. ;)

This morning s all about getting organized in little ways and then a short TM run. I should do legs, but I won't push it if I need time.

Cathy aka Julie- We were posting at the same time. have fun with the gift exchange tonight!

Okay, upper body and abs are in the bag. On to running, running and more running! I may only be going 5 miles on the TM but it'll be alot more then that by the time I'm done with everything I need to do today! LOL

But first...I gotta EAT! :p

*Hands Wendi the silly putty hammer* There ya go girl. Now whack some sense into him, will ya!? :D Do you know how long it took me to come up with the thread title this morning!? I will never tell as I don't like embarrassing myself! :p Enjoy the time with your mom this morning.

Cathy: Your question about it being icy made me look out my front door. I had no idea it was raining. UGH. Oh well-life goes on. Anyway, no, it doesn't appear to be icy out there with the exception of the lingering ice on the sidewalks and such from days ago. Runnin' the show tonight, are you? Did you volunteer yourself or did you GET volunteered for this job? Enjoy your work out! :)

Judy: Joey should be feeling better this morning but I don't know yet as he's still in bed! :eek: The kid gets up around 7am EVERY morning! I'm starting to get a wee bit worried...I'd better go check on him...So what's on your family's agenda for the evening?

That's all for now...off I go again...BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Yeah, I thought that odd about DH being a butthead this week too!! Thanks for the smiley...I just do this when he walks away..
13661.gif
..Glad you got some good zzzz's last night. Enjoy your KPC/L&G workout today.

Linda...thanks re: my run, usually it is only the 1st mile or so I don't feel great but this one ended well so that is always good. The circuit workout was fun.

Wendy...thanks re: my DH, sometimes they can just not be fun! I have always enjoyed having a cardio machine here, so easy to just hop right on...:)..Good job with the Imax 3 blast and CTX C&B yesterday. Have fun with the TM run today.

Wendi...Have fun catching up with your Mom...:)

Christine... I do hate when DH finds those pills again!!..:D...very sweet of you for the iron woman comment. Nice you got some DOMS in different spots from the KB workout. Glad you are having fun with your Dad. We have rain today and probably tomorrow...we sure need it.

Jackie..DH was better yesterday. I did enjoy SJ&P, a nice change. Good workout yesterday. Glad yo got to visit with your BIL and DS. We have rain today.

Dallas...Glad you didn't have to get out in the nasty weather to drive yesterday.

Shelly...glad DH made it to Jersey. IA about the original Bodymax. The last few marathons I did I did 2 20's and 1 22. I do believe getting in a 22 does help in endurance for the marathon. Thank you for the Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog offer!! The store I finally found it at the guy says he has it every year so hopefully there will not be a problem next year, but I will keep you in mind.

Judy...thanks for the Spicy Black bean chili review. I will for sure have to try it. Adding chipotles sounds very good!!

Today will be a 6 mile interval run (in the rain!). I do have to work for awhile than go to my sister Cathi's for X-mas eve dinner. DH will be making seitan and cheese enchiladas.

Have a great day...
xmas2.gif

Good morning!

Cathy – Oh my goodness! 2:00 a.m.! I definitely would have crashed, if I were you! That is even worse than when I got up at 2:50 a.m. last week! I’ll bet you were tired  But I am glad you got a good night’s sleep last night! Enjoy KP&C and L&G! I am glad you didn’t think I was silly thinking that about the pic! I love the little Christmas picture!

Jackie – I did actually get in a workout yesterday night! I was shocked that I made myself do it, cause I was pretty tired when I got home! I ran 6 miles and did 4DS Legs I can’t wait to hear what you think of CLE! I previewed some of it last night. It really looks good! I love the length of them! That will be good to use with our running! I only got to preview Burn Circuit 1 and 2. My goodness….her weights look HUGE! She goes way heavier on some of the exercises than I will ever be able to do! Ie…rear delt raises with 15-20 pounders. LOL I won’t be able to do that heavy! :O Great job on your workout! Sounds like you had an enjoyable evening!

Shelly – LOL…yes, much more partying than this Cheetah is used to….and I am pooped! ;)
You sound like you have been a busy, busy Cheetah, lately!

Brighton – Thank you for the card and letter! You and your family are just beautiful! I loved reading it! 

Carole – Thank you for the card! It was so cute! I loved the little puppies! Wanted to reach right into the card and pluck them out and hold them!! 

Wendi – Grrr! Here is the hammer! Hope you are able to have a better day, today!

Wendy – I hope you have a good day! It sounds like all of that would be a bit overwhelming to me, too! As I was telling Jackie(see above post)…I think CLE is going to be very good! I have only watched a couple, though! I am excited about their length! Hope Joey is better!

Judy – Enjoy your run and legs, if you decide to do them! 

Last night I ended up running 6 miles and did 4DS Legs.

Hey to everyone!! Merry Christmas Even to everyone!! I will do my best to get back here today!!

Linda

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Shelly – grrrr! I hate losing posts! I so understand not having time to recreate it. Enjoy your Christmas Eve at work. I’ll be thinking of you tonight! I agree with you on BMax vs BMax 2 – I like the original better, in many ways. Hope you weren’t too lonely last night. Glad DH made it to New Jersey. Too funny about the kitty in the tree looking like yours! :D

Dallas – glad you’re staying close to home! I know what you mean about keeping up with daily housework, even though my kids are older. Just having a house full of people creates a mess. :p

Wendy – nice workout! I’ll probably start the rotation next week. I was thinking that I’ll probably do it more like a total body, heavy legs, and kettlebell. I like working my legs 3 times a week. We’ll see. :p Good luck getting everything done! I know the feeling.

Judy – hope last night was a great time. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY – one day late, sorry!!! Here in California DD can get her permit at 15 1/2, but has not done so yet. She’s just crazy busy between school, drama, Tae Kwon Do and everything. She also rides her bike most places, so she has transportation.

Cathy – Yeah, I like the EXT, too. Did you crash after school? When do you have to go back? Our kids have off all this week and next, as do the teachers.

Jackie – glad BIL is home! I’ll bet that’s a relief for your family! Too funny about KFC chicken.

*Hands Wendi Silly Putty Hammer* Men can be a pain! Hope you get some quality time in soon! :p Have fun with Mom.

Carole – looks like you have some competition for the Silly Putty Hammer. :p Yeah, I know what you mean about hating it when they find those pills. Yeah, it’s supposed to rain this week. Have fun tonight!

Linda – Merry Christmas! Great workout!

Phew, I have a busy day ahead. I woke up already creating a To Do list. :p I do want to get in a workout – probably a nice sweaty circuit like BMax 1 or 2. We’ll see. I want to wish all of my fabulous Cheetah friends who celebrate, a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Christine - I hope you have a wonderul Christmas, also! Enjoy your circuit workout and your day!

Merry Christmas Eve to all the fabulous cheetahs. I am so grateful that I have you guys here to chat with and ease a little of the hollow empty feeling I have this holiday. I never did decorate (wasn't in the mood) and due to our finances DH and I did not exchange. My parents aren't doing too well financially but they sent me a small token gift and that will be my only one.
Don't really care about gifts tho.... that isn't what it's all about anyway.
I am very grateful that DH and I made it safely thru the year and our relocation. His parents are beyond ecstatic that he is there with them and it makes it all worthwhile.

It is a freezing rain outside and when I let the dogs out I traipsed out merrily onto the patio, then promptly slipped and landed down hard right on the old tush... great way to start out the holiday eh? No harm done tho... except for a bruised fanny.

I finished up a 6 mile TM run using iTread#8... really like that one! In a bit I'll be doing Bosu Blast. Haven't used the Bosu in a while... should be fun.

Wendy- Hope you get thru today with sanity intact and a smile on your face! if you can push the weekly mileage up slowly to around 20-25 miles/wk before your actual marathon training starts that would be ideal.

Judy- I do so very appreciate all the cheetahs being here to keep me from feeling too down! Great job on the SS yest.... I've done that particular workout and it's a good one! Hope the TM run is a good one for ya.
Hey... your 17 y/o DD actually knits??? Pretty unusual skill these days for a teenager... I'm impressed!

Julie.... er.... I mean Cathy! Hope your day is fantastic for you! What a year of incredible accomplishments for you to feel proud of!! Sorry you don't have the ski trip to look forward to.... bummer! I got quite a kick out of your description of Posh's LR colors.... you are too funny!!!!:D

Jackie- I had forgotten that your BIL's tragedy occured just outside his front door!!! Little wonder he is not enthusiastic about returning... poor guy! God bless him and you and your family this year and I hope that happiness will be able to drown out that memory some. Great job on the sprints yest.... got those running legs back for sure!

Wendi- Another busy errand day... hope DSO get's over this funk and you don't have to break out the silly putty hammer! Take care!

Carole- I like the idea of 2 20 milers and a 22... makes sense to me and I'll give it a try. Not sure if I'll be able to do a spring marathon as originally planned. Still working on that. Have a fun rainy run today and I hope your family Christmas is a fun and fulfilling one..... that enchilada dish sounds yummy!

Linda- Wow.... 6 miles AND 4DS legs:eek::eek::eek::eek: My kinda workout!!! Very impressive considering it was after a long day too!!!! Hey... you've really got me curious.... what is CLE??? Have a great holiday!

Christine- Hope you slay that TO DO list in no time and can relax and really enjoy a beautiful Christmas with your family after that sweaty circuit tho;)

That about catches me up dear Cheetahs! Take care... I'll be napping in a bit before going into work.

Shelly

Morning Ladies!

I'm am truly sorry for not getting back here. :( I thought it would have been so easy. I'm just finishing up my Santa labels in Word while the potatoes are boiling. :) I thought I'd pop in here really quick. I crashed again last night while *trying* to watch a Christmas movie with the kids. Good news: We will be visiting tomorrow for our usual Christmas at my in laws. Her blood work came back with a good white blood cell level. :) My boys are still coughing away, but she said it will be fine. I'm nervous, but glad we can all be together. :D There's something that really ticks me off, but I can't say on here. Grrrrr! :mad: Anyway, I do believe today and tomorrow will be rest days. I just have too much stuff to make for tomorrow.

I'll *try* to get back here in a little bit to catch up. Better go check those potatoes. :)

Merry Christmas (just in case ;))

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Whew! Hope you can get it all done before leaving today. Is Joey feeling better?

Wendi - Tell DSO that was quality time you spent together. Duh!! :p Don't wear you mom out.

Cathy - Sis is hanging in there. They were having some remodeling done on the house. That was already wearing on her nerves. And then this had to happen. It was 3 guys and at least 2 guns and he tried to run. They have all of his pertinent info along with cash, laptop, cell, etc. Sis says she's still getting bits and pieces of info from BIL. Enjoy your break. I'll be off the day after Christmas and the day after New Year. Can't wait to hear how the family swap goes. Have fun!

Judy - My CE should be waiting for me today when I get home. I will let you know what I think.

Carole - I ROFL with the smiley for DH. :D Tell him he owes you a makeup gift. Enjoy your run in the rain! It's still pouring here. Seitan and cheese enchiladas sound yummy. Dinner at your sis tomorrow?

Linda - Glad you got your workout in! I just can't seem to do those evening workouts anymore. Chalene sounds worse than Cathe with the heavy weights! 15-20 pounds for delt lifts! :eek: All I can say is wow!

Christine - Hope your is not too busy that you can't get a workout in. When will DH be back? Have a wonderful Christmas too.

Shelly - I like your attitude about Christmas. It's not about the gifts. If it were left up to me, only the little ones in my family would get something and the adults would just enjoy the fellowship and food. How is FIL doing? OUCH on the fall! Glad you're ok. Thought I would go out and buy a get well card for BIL and have the entire family sign it even the little ones. Then, maybe we can send him a goodie bag or something and a few extra $$$ since he lost a lot in the robbery. Hope you have a good night at work.

Dallas - That's great that you will get to visit your in-laws after all. Glad the bloodwork came back good. Everything will be ok. Just enjoy.

Today's workout was Sculpt 5-6 and part of Plyo legs. I'm working half day today. Just hope it stops raining.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Enjoy your day!

Well, I'm busy and my internet has been cranky, so I've been MIA.

Yesterday was MM, and today was a 4 mile tempo.

Hi Ladies!

Sorry but I just don't have time for personals. I have about an hour left before we have to leave and I still feel like I have a TON of stuff to do here! :eek:

I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Merry Christmas and I'll be thinking of you all this holiday. You are all very special to me. (((group hug))) :)

Gotta go...I'll be back tmrw night or Friday morning.

:D

Hi Girlies!

Going to keep this brief.

Cathy ~ Enjoy playing cruise director today. Oh, it was a hip specific massage. It’s weird how the pain is moving around. Now it’s back to the outside of my hip. She said she can feel the tightness at the attachment to the femur. *sigh* Anyway, I wonder if that is a good sign that it’s not staying in one place??? I love that KPC/L&G premix.

Wendy ~ That’s a great gift. I should see if he’s coming to our neck of the woods. Dh is a huge fan as well. ☺ Sorry about Joey. We have something going on here too. I have not taken the boys to the doc yet. There’s been no fever, so I believe I’ll wait it out a few more days. I thought I was going to wing it too, but once I got the calendar I was super excited again. Did you get the workout and all that stuff done today??? :eek: Safe travels to you!

Wendi ~ You’re too kind! It looks like our plans will work out after all. I do hope you feel better now. Yep, it’s just too busy right now…no matter how early you start. I felt pretty good with everything this year. Hope DSO doesn’t need the silly putter hammer until 2009. :p

Sunny ~ That was sweet of you to stop by, and yes, I’d love to run the RNR half. I’m hoping I’ll get to start running soon though. ☹

Carole ~ We’re still coughing over here, but at least that’s not as bad as that stomach virus we had not long ago. Hope your dh is behaving himself. He doesn’t want to get on the naughty list. LOL ;)

Linda ~ Lol about the 1RM. Well, I hope if I get it done that STS will be in my mailbox. ;) Wow! That is cool about your DD and that glow over her. ☺ I can’t wait to hear reviews on your Chalean’s. I don’t think I’ll be getting them though.

Christine ~ I previewed Newport while on the EXT y-day and OH BOY! I think I’ll need some 2# KBs. LOL Wow..on how low Anthony gets on those squats! :eek: Yeah, I’m trying not to sweat it on the messes…what are you going to do!??! Just enjoy. :D

Jackie ~ Oh, I somehow thought your bil was home already. :confused: What are your holiday plans. I know it will be ok…I’m just a worry wart!!

Shelly ~ I’m no Betty Crocker either. I do believe that minestrone recipe is easy to make. I love the pesto sauce you add to your soup after it’s done. Yummy! It’s just about gone. I have to say all the soups I have made off the William Sonoma’s site are delicious. ☺ You are most welcome re: my comments. I meant it with all my heart. Glad you weren’t injured on your fall. :eek:

Laura ~ You’re doing great with your runs.

Cathy/Carole ~ Love the Christmas smileys.

Judy ~ Oh yes, we have had a lot of good moments. You know how hectic it is the last few days leading up to Christmas esp with young ones. ;) Its all good! I wouldn’t change a thing!! Did you get all those yummy Italian dishes made?

Hi Posh (thanks for the card! :)), Karen, Gloria and the rest of the Cheetahs (past and present).

Merry Christmas!!

Last edited:
Quick post to say that I did Body Max 1 - thank, Shelly for the idea!! It was fun. I do enjoy that one very much. The shopping is done. We had dinner catered from Magianno's and I have to say that they did a class job! Everything, including plates, plastic silverware, all the serving utensils and warmers - and it's all ours to keep - well the plates are plastic, too, but with this many people I'm not serving on china! We should have about 50 people (including kids). I'm so happy to only have to worry about appetizers.

I wanted to wish my favorite Cheetahs Ladies (you all are my favorite!), a very Happy, Healthy and Warm Christmas!! I hope the magic visits you now and throughout the year. A better group of ladies I have never met. I adore you all!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.