Trying To Fit Yoga In for Wed Nov 22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -
This morning I didn't want to get out of bed again. I think this asthma problem I'm having may be a cold or sinus infection. I'm not feeling well this morning. I've got chills and a sore throat, etc. I did workout but I just did the All Weights Premix of Drill Max (sorry DS, already was set up for this last night....as I didn't see your post till it was too late). I didn't push too hard since I'm not feeling well. I still burned 280 calories....but I'm not sure how good of a workout I had.

I may have to stick with another total body workout this week and start back on my regular leg/upper body routine next week.

Last night I did 20-30 minutes of Kundalini - Fat Free Yoga Total Tune Up - Warm Up and Open Up segment. This is that one segment I love and have done a few tiems now.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work. I won't be around later tonight though, as I have the concert out of town tonight.

Lora- I hope you feel better! Try to get some rest after the concert, if that's possible!! Just tell yourself you want to dream about Josh, so you have to sleep LOL!!

Yve- Well, I only did the first 30 min, and I would rate that to be....not really hard. I could do all the moves and breathing. But, it does say that they kick it up a notch after that. SO I will report back on that. It is an older video. 1990 I think. So you really have to get past the outfits and such LOL! The music is different, kinda Middle Eastern (I think), but not annoying. I think it goes well with the segment.

Don't know what to do today. Maybe HSTA! BBL.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Megadoo & Yve - I wouldn't really say any of the Kundalini is REALLY difficult. The only time it gets a bit challenging is when you hold a pose for a particularly long time with breath of fire. I think that the way it makes you feel is the part I like. I really think BOF (breath of fire) makes a big difference with the poses. Last night after my session, I started coughing some of this congestion up out of my chest....so I think it actually is very good for you just by itself.

Hey ladies -if you want to see the lead singer from the band of the concert I'm going to tonight - check out the Hardcore Fitness Maniacs thread. I don't want to scare anyone -- but check it out. I love his tattoos.........he's like a piece of art!! LOL.

Jen - Steve Ross? I'll have to check him out. I'm so into The Wheel three times in a row now LOL.

Yve - BoF is Breath of Fire. It's that breathing you do at high speed through the nose like a panting dog. Haha, no senior moment there!

Lora - I hope you feel better!

Megadoo - Hi there! Thanks again for the ice info! Thanks to you, my neck is almost totally better.

Sorry to be so short, but it's late here and I'm about to fall asleep. I'll be gone all day again tomorrow but I'll be back in full force the following days! Have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving!

Good morning,

It just occurred to me that I forgot to mention Jen, that this made me crack up -

>you still have to be strong enough to have most of the support on your heads and not be resting on your head

:+ :+ :+

:p

Hi all! Tonight's workout was GS Shoulders, twice through, matching Cathe's weight on the first set and lowering by 5 pounds on the second pass. My legs were even more sore today, which baffled me because I worked Back yesterday and gave the Legs a rest, except for the warm-up. Weird.

Lora-OMG!! Not sick on the big night!! Oh no! I hope the excitement and the adrenaline rush leading up to the concert will see you through. If all else fails, just pass out on the lead singer! I just checked out his pics you posted on the HFM thread. Yep, those arms could hold you! He's rock solid! I hope you had a great time and hope you feel better! I enjoyed reading the HFM thread, those gals are really funny and their workouts are so inspiring! You've got a great crowd over there!

Megadoo-What WO did you end up doing? HSTA? Whew, that is a tough one! How does it compare to Imax 3? I have the whole Hardcore series but have yet to this day cracked the package on Imax 3. How long did it take you to work up to it?

Yve-"I am getting DOMS just thinking about your DOMS." LOL! :) Wish it were that easy!

August-Steve Ross is my Grand Master Flash Guru (jen drops to all fours, sits on heels, waiving upper body up and down in adoration :eek:). He does yoga to Stevie Wonder, Brandy, Fleetwood Mac, and all kinds of crazy music. It is so fun and motivating and just awesome. He is also the most sarcastic yogi you would even want to meet. He says stuff during the workout to his class like 'I can't sleep at night until you pass out in pain....sorta like the evil witch laugh Cathe has. You can check him out at www.mahayoga.com. I think Sara Ivanhoe is there too. His yoga is very freestyle and he encourages you to move and dance around (just a little) in the poses. It's more about the experience with him than the strict alignment stuff. He's supposed to be coming out with a DVD at the beginning of next year. Every once in awhile, they have to take his show off the air to renew the rights to the music, since he uses the songs by the original artists. You should see the complete chaos it causes-people call & write Oprah (since Oxygen is her network), they write him, they write Oxygen-it gets crazy. You can read about it in his Guestbook. I am reading his book Happy Yoga for the second time. He also has great spiritual gems at the end of some his workouts. I was not so into the spiritual aspects of things-until I read the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and started doing Steve's yoga. I'll be doing some of his yoga next week when I FINALLY get to my usual one week yoga rotation that I sandwich between the really hard stuff. I'll share more of his humor and insights as we go along. :)

Jen

Jen- in my opinion Imax 3 is harder. It is alot like Imax 2, but more intense. The recoveries are much shorter!! I LOVE it!! I do like HSTA, but have only done it whole twice. I like the UB work in it alot. To me, they are really different, but I sweat the same with each! LOL!! You should give it a try! Very fun too. Great WO!

August- glad the neck is AOK! Hope you are well rested now and see ya in a day or two.

Lora- well, how was it?? Are you dreaming yet? LOL!

I did PH and SS UB, and then ran a mile!. Goodnight!

Happy Thanksgiving you guys! Have a wonderful day!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi ladies,

I didn't do any exercise today. I went to visit my uncle in the hospital - and was too tired to work out when I got home.

Lora - I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you have fun at the concert. One of my favourite hot drinks when I am not well is cammomile tea with cognac and honey. You will sleep veeerrrry well after that drink if you choose to indulge ;)

Megadoo - thanks for the response and description of the dvd - I enjoy Middle Eastern music - I find it very calming. LOL re the 90s outfits - hey- at least it isnt Olivia Newton John with a headband and leotard - right?

August - thanks for the explanation of BoF. I haven't ever done that before. I have let out a deep breath with sound (at the end of practice) - but never a mindful practice of panting if you will. I will have to try it.

Jenn - Great workout! Glad to see you are fully recovered from your weekend flu bug.

Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving holiday.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.