Trying to Fit Yoga in for Wed May 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Katina's Pump Party 65" followed by about 25"-30" of Rebecca Small Step Symfit Systems Step - and then did Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat Yoga 30". Weights & Cardio was 1 hour 40" and I burned 500 calories. I think I will cut down on my cardio a bit next week so my body doesn't get used to it. I may look for a rotation to start with set cardio in it. I'm looking for a heavy weight/low rep one. Maybe I'll check out the one Toasty's planning on starting.

Brookie's feeling better today. I can't believe those vaccine's put her out of commision for a day like they do. I guess she's a sensitive soul.

Really starting to get antsy about finding a job. I wish something would come along already. I'm starting to freak out a bit, plus I'm getting way too used to being home.

Kel - I think I'd do 2 weeks at a time and alternate, but any way you chose to do it would be fine.

Have a great day ladies.

Hi everyone! Sorry so late posting today. Seems like I'm late with everything today. Oh well, better late than never as the saying goes!

This morning, I did ME & enjoyed it thoroughly. I prefer weights over cardio so this is my kind of workout! Of course I forgot my yoga mat again so no yoga. But my DH wants to do some things in our home office tonight, while I do the last load of laundry & a few other miscellaneous household items, so I think I just might be able to pop in a DVD & do some yoga. So wish me luck...

Lora - Great workout... but you always do great workouts! Glad to hear Brookie's feeling better today too. I hope you can find work soon too. I had thought about asking you about it since I was away for so long but I was a little concerned that it might not be a good subject so I just didn't bring it up. Anyway, I'm very sorry that nothing has panned out yet & I sure hope something comes along soon. Hey, since you mentioned a rotation by Toasty, I'd like to ask if you think it would be okay for me to post on the Hardcore Fitness thread & ask a question. I sure don't want to intrude or appear presumptuous (in other words, I don't want any of them to think that's why I think they're here - only to offer advice - you know?) but I also know they're all so knowledgeable about weight training & achieving results. So do you think it would be okay? As I have stated in previous posts, I'd actually like to join that group for their inpiration, motivation, & advice but I have never really felt like I was anywhere near the level of considering myself "one of them". Perhaps I'm thinking way too much? LOL! Oh yeah, thanks for the advice about alternating my rotations every 2 weeks. If you think that would be more effective, I think that would be more fun than sticking to one for as much as 4 weeks. If I decide to change it up every week, though, I'll let you know how that goes too.

Jen - Yep, we'll just have to keep catching one another at different times for now. I know what you mean about sticking with one thing for a long time & that's why I tend to keep my rotations very general so I can select whatever workout I feel like doing that day. So if the rotation calls for cardio or circuit or total body weight, I have lots of different DVDs I can decide among. Hope you have a great workout today & I guess I'll catch back up with you again tomorrow.

Well, it's almost time for me to head outta here.

Take care!

Kel

Kel -feel free to join the Hardcore thread. We welcome newcomers. You don't have to be at any certain level. As long as you are working out to the best of your ability! We all are at different levels and have different challenges/circumstances and the group is VERY inspiring. Jen joined. We'd love to have you. I will keep this thread going though, as I love talking to Yve and she is still posting over here (when she's not too busy). We can also talk more openly about yoga over here....without boring the Hardcore ladies.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Hip Hop Abs Cardio # 2. I didn't sweat as much as usual with this one, but I also didn't get my water in today. Work remains very busy and stressful.

Lora-Glad Brooklyn is feeling much better. That is a pretty drastic swing in behavior but I am glad she bounces back so well! :) Nice calorie burn this morning. Did you see LauraMax's calorie burns for the different workouts on the OD board? I thought that was such an interesting thread. Do you think your results would be similar to hers? I was amazed (like most people were) that the IMAX workouts (and Bootcamp!) did not burn as many calories as some of the others.

Kel-I am such a weights lover, too. I am trying my best to make friends with cardio. Thanks to Lora, I have discovered many fun videos. Also, since I think Cathe is the best instructor out there, I have learned to like step much, much more when working out to her DVDs. So what are your favorite cardio DVDs? I can always use more ideas.

Have a great night everyone!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.