Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wed May 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Cathe's Gymstyle Back, Biceps and Shoulders followed by Squeeze for lower body and abs and then I tacked on a short cardio segment - Box & Burn. I did running, skipping and jumping drills at the end of the cardio to extend it a bit and then I cooled down with some gliding drills. Total workout including Squeeze was just shy of 2 hours and I burned about 490 calories. I matched Cathe's weights pretty much except had to go slightly lower on biceps (they are weaker due to my cervical disc problem - cuz of the radiation of pain, weakness and numbness).

I got pretty sore from Gymstyle Chest & Tri's the other day....so I'm happy about that. My legs are pretty fried from Imax 3 yesterday and I was surprised. I did as much as I could on the floor and only jumped on the Rebounder a few times. I really wanted to do some yoga or stretch today, but since I'm going to need to eventually get used to not being able to do as much in those areas when I go back to work, I forced myself not to. I said it before and I'll say it again -- I'm going to be a real grump when I start working again with shorter workouts and less yoga!!

Jen - you never comment on the Buckcherry dude. I dont' know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I hope the pictures don't appall (spelling?? - can you tell I've done transcription? LOL) you. The Nephrology job does not reimburse gas money (one reason I'm not liking it) and she wasn't sure about the PTO amount, etc., so I'm not sure about the benefits. I guess I'd need to ask those questions if I get called back for a 2nd interview.

Kel - hey....how's it going?

Yve - please stop in and say hello!

Have great workouts. I'll be back later today after I'm done with all of the household chores. Do you ladies do all of your cleaning in one day or do you break it up?

Hi ladies! My DH got a call after 9:00 last night & ended up having to travel 3 hours to an appointment at 9:00 this morning. In case you're wondering, he's a contractor that works exclusively on insurance projects, like damage incurred from fires, water loss, or severe weather. Since he had to get up so early, I went ahead & got up too. So I ended up doing the cardio only premix from Boot Camp, followed by the Compound & Heavy weights premix from C & W (I also stopped the DVD several times to increase the reps or weight for some of the exercises) so my workout lasted a little over an hour in all. I plan to do some yoga during lunch so I'll be sure to check back in & let you know about that too.

Lora - You are absolutely right about organic foods being so expensive & I hate to say it but that definitely makes a difference in my selections at times. You asked if I'm an architect. No, I didn't go to college long enough to become an architect, although that's what I originally wanted to do. But then I met my DH, cut college a little short, & the rest is history - LOL. Anyway, I use a CAD program on the computer to do design work. I also worked for a swimming pool company & a builder in Jacksonville, FL, before moving back here (home - well, DH's home actually) & finding this job. We now live in the Appalachian Moutains of NE TN where there are three adjacent cities with a population of about 50,000 each. So it sounds like it's much larger where you live. Sorry the weather is so yucky for you most of the time. It gets humid here in late summer too & I can't stand it either. It's just so draining, isn't it? Your other hobbies sound similar to mine too. I also enjoy the computer, reading, playing with our doggie, & playing piano. I'm not much into perfumes but Black Phoenix Oils sound interesting. Do they have therapeutic qualities? I also love to travel & plan to visit Vegas again next February. We're not much into gambling but we love the sights, sounds, & constant excitement in that city. We also have rental properties & work on them (construction - which is why I want to increase my strength, in order to be able to help out even more since it's usually just us two) most weekends. I'm also very into music of all kinds & we go out to clubs to see live music frequently too. It's funny... we're the opposite of you & your DH... he's always wanting to go out & I'm the one who feels like an old fuddy-duddy. But he always talks me into going & I always end up having a great time. BTW, LOVED the photes you posted in the last thread... YOWZA!!! Oh yeah... great workout... again... & great job with the DOMS from your other workouts this week too.

Jen - I will definitely let you know what I think about the Ripped DVDs whenever I decide to tear myself away from Cathe & do them. I think I might try Ripped 1000 on a Monday, since it's a circuit-style workout, then do a Cathe cardio on Tuesday, & then one of the other Ripped DVDs on Wednesday for a total body weight routine, cardio on Thursday, & then some other circuit W/O on Friday. That way, I won't have to "miss" Cathe for a whole week. Wow, it sure sounds like you're getting in some great workouts this week too. So you asked how long I've been married. It will be 18 years in November, although we were together for 20 years this March if you include dating exclusively. How about you? You & your DH also sound like you enjoy many of the same interests... like fitness, which my DH is not into at all. He does support me in my interest, although he says I'm addicted at times - LOL! He's just kidding, though. He says he's glad I enjoy it so much & what a healthy addiction to have, right? Anyway, speaking of interests & since Lora & I have been discussing ours, what do enjoy doing in your spare time?

Getting back to another question Lora asked. My DH & I tend to do our household chores as they come up. We might do a load of laundry one evening & clean a bathroom the next & vacuum the one after that. So we don't schedule one day to do everything & it seems to work for us.

Well, I better get back to work for a few minutes & then do my yoga. Hope you ladies have a great day!

Hi again!

I ended up doing a short, flowing yoga routine & just allowed myself to flow into whatever poses I felt like doing. So I started out with a few sun salutations to get warmed up & then moved into warrior II, extended side angle, triangle, wide-legged forward bend, & chair pose. I held all poses on each side for several breaths so I really felt my body relax into them. Then, I moved down to the floor with a few cat/cows, hero pose, & child's pose, where I relaxed for a few breaths before moving on. Next, I did pigeon pose & really relaxed deeply into the floor on each side. That felt good! I then proceeded into bound angle & seated wide angle poses, again holding them long enough to really feel the stretch. I then moved into a few boat poses, rolling like a ball, & bridge pose before proceeding on to cow's face pose, twists (half lord of the fishes & sage marichi III), & forward bends. I finished with a few restorative poses & savasana. I enjoyed the finishing poses, although I don't feel like I stayed in savasana long enough... but I still needed to have time to eat lunch before heading back to work. All in all, it was a nice practice that left me feeling stretched, restored, & relaxed.:)

I hope everyone else is having a nice day. I just heard a lot of thunder outside so I think we're having a heck of a storm. We don't have windows so I really don't have any way of knowing, other than going downstairs to look out the doors in the lobby. I hope we don't lose power. It gets awfully dark in here without windows!:eek:

Kel - good for you getting some yoga in at lunch time. Black Phoenix's oils are therapeutic for me.........just cuz they smell good. However, they also carry a Panacea line that are for certain conditions, ie, headaches, PMS, etc. I use Grr (headaches), Oof (sinus pain) and Ugh (muscle pain). Since it is sort of a Gothic/Medevial site, they carry Voodoo blends which are based on traditional rootwork from Voodoo and Louisiana. Beth (the owner) studied under some really great Voodoo lady (not sure what they call them) back when she was younger. She's extremely well versed in literature and poetry and every scent has a story behind it...........check it out for yourself. The website is here:

www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com

and the Forum is here (where they have reviews of all the scents):

www.bpal.org

Be careful...........it's mesmerizing and addicting. Don't let the Gothic tone scare you away, as Beth truly makes a scent for everyone. I mainly buy the Limited Editions and just have a handful of the General Catalog Blends I like. I'm not really into the Voodoo blends, as they are too pungent and herbally for my tastes.

Hi ladies! I am late posting tonight, so I will have to be quick. Tonight's WO was Slim & Lean Biceps twice through followed by the ab segment. I then added on Self Slim & Sleek Fast for cardio. Good workout!

Lora-I am always lower in Biceps than Cathe too! She is so strong there! Re: Buckcherry dude (Josh, right?) HOT bod! No problem withe the pics you post...I enjoy them. I have never listened to the music though, so I'll have to find it on iTunes to give it a listen. Saw your pm...will try to respond by tomorrow. Re: cleaning-what's that? LOL! I actually am a very clean person and LOVE a clean house, it just makes me feel centered. But, I feel so busy these days, especially during the week that I don't have time and on the weekends when I have free time that's just not how I want to spend it. It's been really difficult and it stresses me out, but some things gotta' go....and talking to you guys at night is not one of them! :)

Kel-I have been married for 7 years this August and we have been together for 11 years total. I am the fitness person, he is not. He is intermittently interested in fitness but quickly loses interest. He is trying to make changes to his diet though. We eat organic as much as possible and I really read ingredient labels carefully now. I love to shop at Whole Foods but always end up spending too much, so I alternate with Publix and just try to make the best choices possible. I also try to prep everything the day I get home from the store, so there are no excuses for not fixing something that week and letting it go bad. I mostly stick to my favorite things that are at Whole Foods that I can't get anywhere else. That helps keep the bill down. Let's see, I like to read...books and on the computer, spend time with my dogs, watch movies at home. My DH & I are very much homebodies and don't get out much....but we're both okay with it. :) Every once in awhile we will catch a show or concert, but it's only every few years. We both like jazz, and r & b. I like rock, pop & esp. 80's and he tolerates it but doesn't like it much. He likes Funk which I tolerate but don't like very much. :D

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.