Trying To Fit Yoga In for Wed May 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Day 1 of WarpSpeed Fatloss (not sure if I'm gonna do the whole program though).

Strength A:
Squat to Paralell -hold for 2's at parallel (4 sets of 6-8 reps) 90 sec rest (but I did a shorter rest)- used 35 lb DBs

Circuit A:
1) Pushup and prone jacknife combination (feet on stability ball)
2) Reverse Lunge and cable row combo (or reverse lunge with one offset DB) - I alternated between cable row (extreme band) and holding a 25 lb DB
*Performed as many sets of 6 reps as possible in a 10 minute period
(this got a bit tougher....you'd be amazed how many sets you can do in 10" ...but I had to rest here and there)

Circuit B:
1) Squat and Press (continuos motion). I alternated between lateral raises and military presses with kettlebells. Used my 15-=20 lb KBs and switched sides to even it out and 15 pound DBs for lateral raises, as I can't go super heavy on shoudlers due to my injury)
2) Lat pull down or chin up (I alternated between band pulls with my extreme band double with another band and assisted chin ups (foot on the chair)
*Perfomed as many sets of 6-8 reps as possible in 10" (not sure if I went heavy enough on everything....I'll have to play with this a bit and tweak it...but the other Circuits change reps, etc)

Interval Cardio A -
warmup 3 min
6 rounds of 30 max intensity followed by 90 easy recovery followed by 3-5 minute cooldown and I did a Cathe stretch.
I used my Rebounder and did Fast Football running or high knees for the hard segments and did incline step work for the easier cardio.

Workout was 70" and I burned 584 calories. It felt tough ...but not "too" hard.....but then again, my mind is in that real mentalally tough place right now since I just lost my job and I'm throwing myself into this!

I also did Burn Belly Fat - Pilates Ab segment 10". Used my Pilates ring to add intensity and then did Sara Ivanhoes' 20" Beauty Sweat Yoga.

Have great workouts everyone. Off to eat breakfast. I have an appt to sign up with another Temp Agency today......4 hours of applications and testing, yuk! I went to the other Temp Agency that I worked for with my last job yesterday morning and had to update my application. Here we go again! I'm really starting to lose all confidence in myself.

ETA: Oh - I emailed Skwiggs (the Blog lady) re: Afterburn and Alwyn. She convinced me to try Warp Speed cuz it's a shorter program than Afterburn and since I'm skeptical....she suggested that one first. She swears that he's a genius. We shall see.

sorry for the lonnnnnnnnggggg post!

Jen - thanks for stopping in and saying hi yesterday even though you didn't workout. I'm sorry you are depressed. I have been really depressed too and now I'm just freaking out about being unemployed again....so I'm sure I'll be throwing myself into my workouts. I applied for unemployment yesterday, but I don't think I've worked long enough to collect and even if I do collect, it will only be $4 an hour. I REALLY can't afford to be out of work, as we were still struggling to make ends meet from my previous round of unemployment. I supposed my DH should return the diamond ring he just bought me.....but I haven't mentioned it to him. He really wants to take this opportunity to take a Vegas vacation....as he's really been wanting to go and now that I will have to work another year (when I find a job!!!!) before vacation -- he really wants to try to do it....but we are broke and would have to go further in debt to do it. I told him it's up to him.
Anyway, I feel like such a loser and this is really a jolt to my self confidence. Hope I'm gonna be okay. Thanks for the prayers.....I need them.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Step, Pump and Jump-Step and Weights Premix. I really enjoyed the workout and have no idea why I don't pick it up more often. That DVD has so many ways to mix it up that I had trouble selecting what I wanted to do. I feel like I need to keep some weight work in my routine-as I seem to be losing muscle rather rapidly.

Lora-That workout looks really tough. That's good that you are already starting your new job search. Don't let this shake your confidence. I really think it was that office's problem environment-not you at all. I remember you telling us about the turnover in that position-it was crazy! I say go for the Vegas vacation! It probably is an ideal time to go and you guys seemed to have fun on the last trip. It's nice to escape to a new environment. We are such homebodies because of our dogs...I would love a change of scenery once in awhile.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.