Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wed June 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Overslept this morning......didn't get up till 4:30 or so. Geez! I couldn't sleep last night....must be the prednisone......but at least it must be working, as I can actually smell a little bit this morning. First time in a week.

I did Cathe's Gymstyle Back, Biceps & Shoulders followed by Shape - your butt and thighs workout 25" (not that difficult - noted that I'll need to add ankle weights next time -- was a ballet/pilates inspired workout) and then I did 23" of cardio from the same Shape DVD. total workout was 1 hour 50 minutes and I burned 400 calories.

I'm going to see Mom at lunch and eat my salad with her and then I have a bunch of perfume samples I have to make up.......will take me a couple days. Very tedious work.

Jen - My Mom is doing okay. She is anxious to get rid of the pain and walk without the walker. She had her first inhouse PT appt yesterday. She at least learned how to roll over to sleep on her side in bed so she can be more comfortable. I may try to take her outside today to get some fresh air. I have never heard anything on Yoga Live, so I searched on it and the website that says to order it on ....doesn't work? or I can't figure out how to use it. I wonder if it is still available? I'm confused....and now it's bugging me.

Kel - I went ahead and ordered that yoga DVD. I'm always up for a new practice. I actually ordered a new Kundalini one last week also with Maya Fieness (spelling?). It's a yoga detox and destress practice. Didn't get it yet. I still recommend the Saucony's. They don't carry them around here either.....but Zappos has free returns and they actually send you a slip to drop the shoes in the nearest UPS drop box and pay for the shipping to send back. No questions asked. They understand that you might need to buy a few pairs before you find a pair that fit you right. It's convenient for me and they have great customer service!!

Kel -

Hi ladies,

This morning, I did RTTC & really enjoyed it. I actually worked up a sweat with some of the exercises & I feel very worked out. I upped the weight on most of the exercises but had to go back down on a few in the middle because there were so many reps. I agree that there really isn't much ab work so I added some... but I also think that a lot of the exercises engage your abs so it might be okay as is. I should do yoga at lunch but I may go shopping again instead. In addition to my new shoes, I found a pair of yoga capris for only $5! So now I'd love to find a couple of sports bras to complete my summer workout wardrobe.

Lora - OMG... 4:30 is oversleeping for you?!? We have so much to do in the evenings that I can't get to bed very early & it's all I can do to get up at 5:30 & I still end up running late most days. But some of my co-workers take long lunches to get their workouts in so I don't sweat it if I'm a little late. Glad your sense of smell is coming back & glad to hear your mom is starting to improve too. I really think you'll like that yoga DVD. Like I said yesterday, it's definitely different but also challenging so I think you'll find it to be an effective practice. Let me know what you think when you get it. I really liked my new shoes this morning so I'll just have to see how they last now. I'll keep the Sauconys in mind for a future purchase, though.

Jen - That's what I initially liked about the Shox... they look so cool... but I also read about the shock absorption & thought they would be good for high impact & step... & they were but I just didn't find them as comfortable as I have my other Nikes in the past. Who knows, maybe my feet are changing. Anyway, as I said above, I really liked the New Balance this morning & they were very comfortable so I guess I'll stick with those for awhile & see how it goes. I'm actually liking Jari's workouts. They're different & I think that's all part of it... mixing up your routine & suprising your body with different kinds of workouts. This is not a very good week for results but I can definitely see how I could benefit from this kind of training. I will be thinking about you & your DH as you continue exploring your options & I wish you the very best.

As I said above, I probably won't fit any yoga in today. I know my body really needs it but I guess I've just got a shopping bug right now & I think that's sort of like having a craving for food... I need to go ahead & get it out of my system.

Wonder where all the other flexible ladies have been lately?

Hope you all have a great day & I'll be back later... I want to ask you about some specific yoga DVDs so I need to verify the names & then post to see what you think.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Slim & Lean Chest using dumbells. I did three sets instead of two, with one minute rest between sets. I used the pyramid down method again, so it was 15/12/10. I continued on with Slim & Lean (weighted) abs and Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix. My workout went well considering I did not eat enough calories today-but maybe that will help me for my weigh in on Friday. I haven't weighed in or measured in two weeks, so I am anxious to see if I am getting good results from this rotation!

Lora-I will try to find a site that has that workout. I think I have the site saved at work somewhere. I agree about Zappos. I have ordered from there before a few times and they make it very easy. I also like the selection they offer. Glad you have your sense of smell back! :)

Kel-That is nice that you have flexibility with your job to do your workouts in the morning or at lunch. Our hours are very structured where I work. I am glad you like the Jari workouts! You are right about using them to switch things up since they are so different. I really wish she had more variety to rotate through, but I WILL see this rotation to through to week 4 this time! I will be glad when she finally releases her next DVD.

Have a great night everyone!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.