Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wed Feb 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies- if anyone's out there.

Everyone has been MIA for the past 4 days...........so this is the last day I'm posting until you ladies show up. I feel stupid talking to myself over here. Everyone must be busy.

This morning I did P90X+ Upper Body & Abs & Core (only part of Abs & Core). Workout was 62" and I burned 399 calories.

I had every intention of doing a half hour of yoga last night, but I was freezing and sitting at the computer surfing the net.....and I wrapped a blanket around me and before I knew it ....I had dozed off.......so there went that idea.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well. Sorry I have been MIA the last few days - Just a lot of things going on. We had a long weekend here in Ontario this past weekend... The first one of the year - and the first one of its kind in ON. They called it Family day - and it is to be the 3rd Monday in February every year. I was happy to have a day off - as the winter has been very trying this year. We had an ice storm on Sunday - and conditions have been just yucky. I actually took a fall yesterday - Am ok.. but was rattled for a while.

I went to pilates yesterday - but no workout today. I am busy with work - trying to tie up loose ends - as March 7th is my last work day. Then I will take a year maternity leave. Not sure what will happen to me workwise after it is over - as I learned last week that my position will be eliminated. I know that by law they have to give you a position of equal value- but who knows - maybe I will be packaged away. I am not going to worry about it though - I am simply going to concentrate on getting ready for baby - and enjoying my little one when he arrives.

Lora - I have to apologize to you - You are so dedicated to getting this yoga thread going every day - and posting. I feel like we let you down a bit. Hope you have been well... I have to go back and catch up on some of the previous threads - as I have fallen quite behind.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Yve

Hi ladies! Things are kicking up again at work. Crazy busy! Anyway, down to business-This week of the rotation switches from GS to MIS. Tonight's WO was GS Back and MIS Back followed by ME abs. Night before last was chest. I really pushed with the weights and I was so sore everywhere just from trying to stablize. Tough stuff. I am trying to find a good endurance rotation to do once this strength one is over. Not sure whether I am ready for another round of Barry's Bootcamp quite yet. Endurance workouts really confuse me. I am never quite sure how to increase my weights on those. I get it on the strength workouts-it's "easy" to increase because the reps are so low. When the reps get in the really high range, it seems really hard to make any weight increases with them, because it feels like you can only do about half the reps since you feel the jump in weight so much more. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you pay as much attention to weight increases during endurance workouts as you do for strength workouts?

Lora-Sorry for all the MIA! Thanks for keeping the thread going! Even in the past, we seemed to run a bit sparce on the weekends. I was going to suggest just having one weekend thread to cover Friday to Sunday, in case anyone is around to post. It's completely up to you, of course, and whatever you are comfortable with is fine with me. I went back and read a couple of the old threads-looks like you've got some new Barry's coming in?!? Do tell!!!! :)

Yve-So sorry to hear about the job situation. Wow, you are an amazing lady and I must say you really are focusing on the right things at this point. That is wonderful that you are taking a year off! :) So, did your family end up throwing you a shower? If so, how did you handle it, how did things go? Sorry to hear about your fall-you be careful in that weather, ya' hear! So glad you are okay-I would imagine that would be a little rattling.

Thanks to all you ladies for your support re: IVF. Looks like for now I am sitting it out another 30 days until they can evaluate me for a baseline again. I am trying to view this time as just some extra time to focus on getting in better shape and enjoy lifting heavy while I still can.

Have a great night everyone! Look forward to any advice and/or your experiences with those endurance workouts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.