Trying to Fit Yoga In for Wed Dec 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme - Upper Body Quickie premix followed by an extra bicep exercise (hammers on an incline) and the Core Segment (60 minutes) then I did Ultimate Butt & Legs Gliding Leg workout with Mindy (30 Minutes). I also did Namaste Yoga "Riding The Wind". I burned 440 calories at the end of the leg workout.

I also did Total Yoga Earth last night. Restorative Yoga. I liked this one a little better than the Water one I did the other day. Maybe these are just "evening" yoga sessions for me and too easy for the morning.

If anyone still has Santa requests, I highly recommend the Gliding Disc set! It's relatively inexpensive for the basic set of Discs with the DVD. The basic DVD has one cardio workout 30 min, one butt and thigh workout 30 minute and a total body workout 30 min (which has a killer ab segment). I really think that Gliding works the legs differently than traditional leg work and would be great to shake up your routine. I think it's fun also. It really shakes up your ab work also. If you think pikes are difficult on the ball, you should try them on the gliding discs! And if you're really brave, I'd recommend the Gliding Gone Wild disc. It has the 30 minute cardio (urban striptease/gliding) followed by 10 minutes of butt/thigh work and 10 minutes of ab work.

Have a great day.

Lora- does that restorative yoga make you feel better? Since you are beyond stressed right now, I was wondering how you felt afterwards. Just that 10 mins last night made such a difference. I went right to sleep adn slept good last night.
I don't think I can imagine doing pikes on gliding disks! I still havent' officially mastered them on the ball yet! Lora it amazes me the extent of fitness things you have. DO you have a WO room? Where do you keep all this stuff? I would LOVE to have my very own WO rooM! I NEED one!

Good morning to everyone. Hope you have good days!
I hope to do B&G later. Maybe a premix.
The boys are sick and going to the doc at noon. I have fire drill tonight, so not sure when I will get it in!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I just re-read yesterday's thread.

Karin - Yes, you are very pretty. I like your Avatar. You took a nice picture. I ate 3 christmas cookies yesterday and 3 the day before. I also ended up eating pineapple pizza and salad for lunch yesterday. Not the best thing to be eating. It's hard for me this time of year also, as I have a real bad sweet tooth.

Jen - Your'e pretty brave singing all of those songs at your Christmas party! I would never do that! That's funny. Regarding the music in Seasun's Straight Up Step.....Have you ever heard the music on the CIA series of workout DVDs? Seasun's is like that. I really like the music Seasun chooses for her step workouts. I don't know if the music just really goes with the workout or if I just like Seasun's step workouts so much, that I end up liking the music or what! LOL. I can't believe I'm admitting this on Cathe's Forum, but I actually like Seasun better than Cathe when it comes to step workouts! Straight Up Step is the easiest of Seasun's coreography to learn. It does take some practice, but if I could learn it, then it's doable cuz I'm somewhat coreographically challenged. I think Seasun's cueing is excellent.

Meg - No, I don't have a workout room. I wish! I workout in the Living Room/Dining Room area. We have a very small basement that is under the original part of our house (our house was very tiny and has been added on to). My DH works out in the basement but he doesn't like for me to work out down there. We have the eliptical, treadmill and bike in the basement. I have my step, Urban Rebounder, weight bench, barbell and some dumbbells lined up against the back wall of the Dining Room and more dumbbells in the Family Room that I have to drag out every day. It's a real pain in the butt....but oh well. As far as DVDs, I have a bunch of DVD racks that are full. I need more. My house is full of junk and it's not a pretty site. My DH is always getting on my case about all of the junk every where! Just my perfume oil collection takes up a lot of room. C'mon....get those Glider Discs....I want you to do pike ups on them! It's fun!! Don't you want to do Urban Striptease on your Gliding Discs?? Maybe your DH will like it!!! LOL.

I can't remember......Who does Pilates here? What DVDs did you recommend? I can't remember. (Geez....I can't remember a lot...LOL).

I've got a horrid migraine............it's TTOTM.

Lora- my DH would LOVE Urban Striptease LOL!!!!!!!!! Oh Lord!

Yeah I have the TM in my room (blocking my closet, but it isn't safe to open that door anyway!:p ) and the wieghts stored under my step in the corner of my LR. I keep the BB in my room,, the ball too. That is pretty much it. I use my step as my bench and stuff. I usually have enough room in the LR if I move the coffee table over in front of the fireplace, but the Christmas tree is limiting my space!x(

Hope your headache goes away!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi all! Tonight's WO was supposed to be Cardio Kicks but I don't have that one (see a recurring pattern here? :( ) so I subbed Kick Max. I still had to double the rest period during the bootcamp/kickbox blasts but I actually attempted the air jacks, plyo jacks and power lunges instead of just staring at the screen with my jaw on the floor. I still have a pretty tough time during the leg drills, too but I was determined to finish all the reps tonight...probably due to those darn Christmas cookies!!!!!!

Lora-How does Amy's All Pump Extreme compare to Jari Love's WOs? I was also wondering if you own or have done the regular Urban Striptease Aerobics? Just wanted to know if it was cheesy or actually pretty good. Any more job news yet? Last year was the first year I actually sang karaoke. My perfectionist Capricorn self-if you believe the astrology stuff-will not let me attempt anything unless I am going to be perfect at it. This obviously gets in the way during karaoke because I am not a professional singer. I just had to relax and learn that the fun is entertaining people and enjoying yourself, not singing perfectly. I can't believe I just typed that. Anway, lots of wine helped me arrive that moment of clarity at the Christmas party this year!! :) If you haven't done it yet, you must put it on your list of things to do before you leave this earth, or turn a certain age, or whatever your criteria is.

Karin-I have been reading good things about cardio coach. Is it just for the treadmill or can you use it outdoors/walking, too? What's the music like, if there is any? I am ready for the holidays to be over, too. I feel gross also....but then again so does the dietitian friend next door, so maybe we are not hopeless cases yet! Hope you get the day off tomorrow! Make a snow angel for me! Since I live in Georgia, I only get to make those during Cathe's WOs!

Megadoo-Thanks for always being so encouraging! I'm trying hard not to get too down about the eating...can you tell how well that is (NOT) working? LOL! It's such a balancing act sometimes! I was so hoping to see some excellent results w/ this heavy cardio rotation but it appears as though I may just break even. I guess considering the season-it's not so bad. Were you counting calories on a daily basis during your weight loss? If so, do you still? What do you have to do for a fire drill? Hope the boys get well for good very soon! Don't want it to come back around to you again!

Yve-Hope you are enjoying your time off! :) Are you still working out or are you vacationing from everything?

Tammy-My smileys are still not working without yours..see :( Hope you are doing well!

August-What's up? How was your day? Are you caught up with everything you missed on the boards yet?

Hi to Julie if you check-in later! Whatcha' been doing?

Jen

Lora – Do you like Amy’s All Pump Extreme workout? If you do the whole thing, isn’t it more than 1.5 h? Are the premixes good? Thanks for the positive comments about my avatar. I hate looking at pictures of myself. Hopefully the migraine is doing better.

Megadoo – Sorry to hear about the sick kiddies. I hope that they are doing better. Did you get B&G in today? I want my own workout room too! Right now I store my workout stuff in the dining room and workout in the 2x2 living room. It is interesting to say the least. All of our friends love coming over our house for dinner and having DH and I sitting on the stability ball and high step. We are good host/hostess because we let them have the “real” chairs.

Jen – I skimmed the posts last night and missed that you did karaoke. You go girl! I don’t know if I would have the guts to do that. How did you pick Nothing Compares to You? I’ll have to think about what I would sing if I ever had enough alcohol and the opportunity :). Great job on Kick Max. I am not great at the leg drills. It is so funny because I start out standing straight up and little by little I end up leaning into the chair trying to get through them. Someday we will get better at them, right? About Cardio Coach. You can use them on any cardio machine (treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, and bike). I haven’t used them outside, but I think that they would work well and I have read about other people using them outside. They have a mix of hills and sprints, but you could just do sprints instead of hills outside and I think get a really good workout. If you want to try one, let me know. I can send it out to you to try.

Yve – Are you still baking up a storm? What’s up with you?

Tammy – Have you done any more of PY4H?

August and Julie – Hope all is well with you guys.

Today was quite a day here in Denver. I actually didn’t even go to work. My boss is awesome and he told me not to even attempt coming to work. This was the best decision I could have made. It is a nightmare here. I think we have about 12” of snow already. DH went to work this morning and left his work at 11:30 am. Normally it takes him 40 min to get home, but it took 3 hours today. He said it was nutty! We live in an apartment complex with some hills in it and of course they haven’t plowed. So, he couldn’t get the car he was driving up the hill to our driveway. We managed to get it off to the side, but I hope that no one runs into it. This snow isn’t letting up until noon tomorrow. Jeez, I am bored already.

I did make it to the gym this morning before it got too heinous outside. Boy, am I committed or what :)? I did icycle 12 (40 min) and tonight I have been doing PT exercises on and off. I was going to do B&G abs, but I am feeling lazy.

Until tomorrow,

Karin

Hi!

Urgh, yet again I've run out of time and I'm out the door! How do you people post on several threads? I'm so behind here! (But I've actually read up on them :) )

I'll be out of town again tomorrow for a number of days...

Everyone, have a wonderful Christmas and Chanukah and I look forward to catching up soon!

Oh, and uh, no running man video of me. Ever. :+

Hugs to you all!

Oh, by the way, remember the 11 Ravi Ana DVDs I ordered through Amazon? They lost my check!! I had to cancel the order and now reorder them! Urgh!

Well, I wouldn't be around here to do them anyway, so I guess it's just as well, right? Something to look forward to in the new year! :7

August, you are leaving us again :-( . Where are you off to now? I hope you have a good trip.

Karin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.