Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tues Sept 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Spinning - Crank It Up - Interval workout.
Workout was 60" long and I burned 407 calories. I also did Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power Yoga - 25".

Jen - Did you move your office at home or at the office? That's always a good Anniversary gift....BPAL bottles. I've gotten those before! So you're doing a lot of studying, huh? Good for you! I hope you end up liking that end of your job. It should feel good to help bring the money in, right?

I saw your post on Hardcore's about jumping jacks with shoulder raises and it's easier than you think to coordinate....but the hard part is keeping going so long with your arms burning. I think I'm turning into a wimp or something! I'm not even doing this rotation as is, cuz I'm modifying on the Rebounder. I'm pretty sore today. This is beating me up......but Jillian does have 2 scheduled rest days figured into her weeks and I'm not taking those. She only has you do 4 circuits and 1 day of cardio and I'm doing 4 circuits, 2 interval cardios and an easier cardio on Saturday (which should be a rest day). I might have to break down and take a rest day this week......we'll see.

I hope Lenny continues on the upswing. Are you off all week? Enjoy your time off, if so.

Kel - are you around today? How was your long weekend? No holiday for me, as I'm not a working person! I feel like a loser.

Hi ladies! Busy day today. Going to the vet in the a.m. and then the exterminator comes in the p.m. Guess what! Lenny did so well last night, I did not have to get up at all! :) It's week 4 of treatment and today is a 30 min catheter treatment. The last one really zapped his energy and made him very sick. This one looks pretty powerful. This week completes one full cycle of therapy. (One cycle=a different drug for every week for four weeks.) So, we have at least run the full range of drugs, so we will know what to expect going forward.

Lora-What do you think of the oils I bought? He wanted some repeats of what he already had (esp. the Snake Oil) and wanted to try some new stuff, too. I am excited that we probably will get a nice set of imps with the order, too. LOVE that about BPAL! It sounds like someone would need two rest days with the intensity of those circuits-that was "nice" of Jillian to include them. :) How long will you be following her workouts? Four circuits a week sounds very taxing and also would seem to bring out the hunger!!! I am not off all week, just today and tomorrow. Any longer than 2 or 3 days and it does not become worth the time off because the work piles up too much. I have read that more people are shifting to extended weekend (such as adding on a Friday or Monday or both) type of vacations versus full week to two week vacations for that reason. Next year, I will have 5 weeks of vacation. I am pretty much planning to use it by taking off a bunch of Fridays.

Kel-How was DH's birthday?

I will BBL after these appointments.

Good morning ladies!

Had a terrible night last night & ended up finishing PUB at about 1:30 a.m.!:eek: I just thought it might help me sleep since I was having such trouble but I ended up tossing & turning all night anyway. This morning, after maybe 3 hours of sleep, I got back up & did the cardio only premix on HST, along with the warm up & stretch. That did the trick to get me energized & get me going but now I'm wondering how long it will last? Oh well, it's just one of those things, I guess. At least I'm back exercising again & that sure feels good!:)

Lora - Wow, another GREAT workout for you today! I always enjoy hearing what you do each day & I'm always impressed too.:) My 3 days off were pretty full so it really didn't end up feeling much like a break. Saturday was almost a full day of work, followed by DH's b-day celebration... on Sunday, we went to the in-laws to celebrate MIL's b-day so most of that day was spent traveling & stuff... & yesterday, we ended up working some more (did some lighting & electrical on our screened porch) & then had friends over to swim & cook out. So it was just a full weekend, not the relaxing kind I probably really needed. Maybe that's why I had such trouble sleeping. I don't know. Oh my, I'm so sorry you're feeling so down about the job situation. Like Jen & I have said in the past, it seems as though there are reasons for this lapse & I feel sure something will come along soon. Sending you many (((HUGS))). Please hang in there...

Jen - So glad to hear Lenny's feeling better & you all had a good night last night! I hope his treatments go well this week & I hope he continues to improve steadily. Wow, 5 weeks of vacation next year? My company maxes out at 4 - which I get next year - but we're allowed to carry over as much as 2 weeks. Of course, I would never have that to carry over - LOL! I also like to take Fridays off & extend the weekends... especially when the weekends can be relaxing & uneventful, which is rare right now. DH's birthday was nice & he had a good time so that's what matters, right? How was your anniversary?

Well, I'm off to look around a bit more before getting down to some "real" work this morning. Oh yeah, I pre-ordered on Friday night so I'm really excited about that! I ended up not adding anything on to the order after all but once I get the shipping notification, I'll need to order some bands so I think I may place an order with Collage for a couple of bands & other DVDs too. That might save me a little bit of $$$... for a little while anyway.:p :+

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday & I'll check back in later...

Take care!:D

Hi ladies! Back from the vet. Gosh, it was really sad taking him there. He is a very vocal dog anyway, but now he starts screaming, barking and crying when we get to the parking lot of the place. He really had a fit when the vet tech came to get him and he fought the whole way through their "Staff Only" doors. Just did not want to go behind those doors. DH has such a hard time with taking him....really gets upset, then I get upset because he gets so upset. All of this will be over by Nov 2nd. I am not one to rush time along anymore but [font color=chartreuse]I can't wait until that day.[/font]

[font color=darkseagreen size=+1]Kel[/font]-Sorry to hear about your rough night. Insomnia is the hardest sleep disorder to treat. Do you suffer with it often or was it just an off night? I have also gotten up during the evening to workout....but I usually do yoga or something gentle. Working out seems to have a mixed results on my sleep. I notice that sometimes I am more alert and unable to sleep and sometimes it wears me out so that I can barely keep my eyes open. I really notice that I sleep well the heavier I lift. Good going on your workouts! Is the poison ivy just about gone?

DH and I have not really officially celebrated our anniversary. Just too many other things going on. I think we are going to try to go to dinner and a movie this afternoon. We both really like Harry Potter, so we will probably go see that. He also mentioned the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Thus, my month of sin (August) continues well on in to September!

[font color=mediumblue]Yea on your preorder![/font] :) I also preordered about two weeks ago. What videos are you looking at purchasing from Collage? I really want to buy Squeeze.

[font color=darkorchid size=+1]Lora[/font]-I remember you saying that you ordered and liked the new Tae Bos. They seem to have good reviews, too. Is his cueing really better in these? They also say his transitions are safer in this set. Is that true? I have really liked his WOs in the past but they just seem like they are "all over the place" sometimes and not very safe. I also can't stand the uneven counting. I like that the workouts are simple to do and they really give you a good sweat. I would like to get back into them, but every time I have ordered one from Netflix I am not impressed and send it back.

Have a great rest of the day! I will BBL after the movie!

Just checking back in & saw Jen's message...

Jen - I'm SO sorry you are all having such a hard time going through this! Poor Lenny. I can't blame you for wanting November 2 to get here as quickly as possible... & I hope the time passes quickly for all of your sakes.

About the insomnia issue, it's something I've been dealing with for a long time now. It seems to come & go so I've really been trying to put my finger on exactly what brings it on. So far, I've been able to relate it to pre-TOTM but that's definitely not what it was last night. I did have some sinus drainage issues so I think my allergies have flared up but I'm afraid to start my medication since I'm still taking meds for my poison. Speaking of the poison, yes, it's almost gone... thank goodness! Back to the sleep issues, I've noticed that cardio will hype me up so I thought perhaps a heavy upper body strength workout would fatigue me enough to help me sleep. I did consider yoga but decided to try the fatigue route instead. But once I laid down again, the drainage started back up & I think that's what the problem was all along. That & my DH snoring so darn loud! One good thing about it is that I'm sure I will be exhausted & get to sleep better tonight (fingers crossed).

I'm really excited about the pre-order! I didn't pre-order the last series for a couple of reasons. For one, I had just discovered this site & didn't have many Cathe's yet so I wanted to get some of the older ones instead... & another reason is that the DVDs in the last series were just so long & I didn't think the premixes looked like they would be really useful to me (at the time... they do now!). So I'm looking forward to sharing in the experience & excitement with everyone else here this time around.

Regarding the Collage order, I probably should have added at least one DVD on to my pre-order for free shipping but I ended up being too tight due to some of the other expenses we've entailed recently. So I think I'll order a couple of bands, MM, LIC, & Shiva Rea's Fluid Power. I've also been eyeing that Squeeze DVD but my main goal is to get some other DVDs I can use the bands with & also some more yoga DVDs to do on the Friday following the 4-day split. I'm planning to place this order when we get the shipping notification to try & space out my purchases a bit. I also want to order Eionn Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness but I may wait awhile for that one. There are so many that I want but I need to watch the $$$ too. It's hard to restrain myself but I know I need to...

I hope you & your DH get some "you" time to celebrate your anniversary. Your plans sound really nice. I've never eaten at a Cheesecake Factory but I've heard it's yummy. Hope you have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.