Trying to Fit Yoga In - Tues. Nov 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I did Cathe's Cardio Fusion - All Step Premix 50". I used my higher step and this was tough. My legs were feeling fatigued and I struggled with keeping my intensity up. I only burned 330 calories in 50 minutes. These step segments were mostly from Body Max 2. There was one short part from Low Impact Circuit. Most of the step was the leg drills from Body Max 2. I was a bit lost on the coreography also. Need to do this one a few times. I liked the music except I cannot stand that Cindy Lauper song "Girls Just Want to Have Fun". Hate, hate, hate it. I remember when Billy Blanks used it on a Tae Bo Live series and I hated it then also! LOL.

No yoga for me yet today. I will try to get some in later, but I'm not sure I can, as I may need to make up some perfume oil samples and get my stuff ready to post for this weekend. I just got my rather largish Black Phoenix order in with the Christmas Limited Editions.

I have a few Kundalini yoga tapes that I tried to give to my Mom and she doesn't want them. Would anyone here want to send me a few bucks for shipping and I'll send them to you? I have Ravi Singh's Fat Free Yoga VHS, Ravi's Warrior Workour/Ultimate Stretch VHS, and RAvi's AM/PM Yoga. I also have 1 DVD of Ravi & Ana's that I was going to put up on E-bay, but I thought I'd offer it here first. I would probably want a few bucks for this one plus some shipping money. It's the DVD Beginners and Beyond and the case is broken on the bottom, but otherwise it's fine. Let me know and we can work something out.

Have a great day everyone. I'll try to check in from work, but not sure if I'll be able to.

Morning, all! Went to vote and got to work late!! Lora, Hats off to you for being a morning exerciser! I have been considering switching to mornings, but I already have enough trouble with choreography as is...can't even think of trying it half asleep. You cracked me up on the Cyndi Lauper...tell you what..if we could trade evil songs, I will take your "Girls" and trade you for "Build me up Buttercup" from Cardio and Weights! x(' (And the kicker is you have to take that Tom Jones sounding song with it from the same workout. It may actually be Tom Jones for all I know-I am not a fan.) That workout is so fun, though-I don't even notice my ears bleeding. :)

Anyone else out there with evil songs? }(' Can't wait to hear from you!

Gotta run-will (as usual now) check back at lunch and/or the evening!

Happy day and Happy workouts to all!

Jen

Hello all!

I will be doing Namaste, The Third Eye Yoga 30 min segment off FitTV at 12:30. My first time doing yoga ever so wish me luck! Thanks for inspiring me, Lora. Here I go....

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - Oh my - with a name like Third Eye yoga.....I certainly hope it's not a meditative segment! LOL. I REALLY can't see you meditating. Let us know how it goes.

Goodday all.

I didn't give myself enough time to check in this morning - and am too worried to do it from work. Just curious - do you ladies post from your work computer? I always worry that they will know what I am doing and somehow be upset.

Anyhow - I got a special treat yesterday in the mail. The 4 new dvds - but not Cardio Fusion as I ordered from ck sales. That is ok -I will eventually order it if possible.
So - I am off now to do one of those... maybe Bodymax2 - and will finish off with some Shiva Rea.

I agree that Cindy Lauper song is quite annoying.. her and Boy George were not my cup of tea in the 80s.

I also recently bought a new polar f6. Will try it out tonight.. hope I get it all hooked up correctly.

Will try to check in later. Yve.

Hi All! Back again. I needed a break in the Gym Style series as my triceps felt sore and tired today. Tonight's workout was Crunch "Fat Burning" Pilates with Ellen Barrett. Man, is she chatty, but I love her anyway. So, it was 30 minutes of lite cardio and 15 minutes of pilates floorwork. Then, I switched to Karen Voight's Streamlined Fitness. That was another 25 minutes of lite cardio and I added on the ab and back segment. Did not do the yoga portion. Nothing like joining the "trying to fit yoga in" thread and then doing no yoga even when it is staring me down at the end of the workout..guess that's where the "trying" part comes in! :) Anyway, the abs workout is short, but you use those small weighted balls for several exercises-you definately feel it the next day.

Lora-You were mentioning your legs feeling fatigued-just wondering- how many step workouts do you do each week? Do you aim to take at least one day off of step?

Charlotte-Nice to see you in the thread. How was your workout? If it's good, I would like to check it out on FitTV and record it.

Megadoo-Manic Monday! Sorry to hear it! Was it the song, lyrics, or just the fact that they played the heck out of it?

Yve-No Cyndi Lauper or Boy George!! What!! You better give me some 80's love right away! What are some of your faves?

August-Where are you today? Cheating on us with that "other" thread, I suppose, or chasing the sweet potato man again? Don't make me come over there!

Just putting it out there for everyone: Do you have many DVDs that are non-step? If so, what would you recommend? I would like to expand my non-step collection, but there just doesn't seem like there is much out there.

Also, wanted to share a website www.energymuse.com. I love the necklaces on the site and they really help me with my meditation practice. Each necklace comes with an affirmation, so I just hold it in my hands, sort of like a mala (prayer necklace or bracelet) and repeat the affirmation with each bead. Some days when I am not as into it-(or for those of you who would like to meditate but are having trouble or feeling uncomfortable with it) I just take an inhale and an exhale with each bead. At least you have something pretty to wear AND you know you've taken at least that many deep breaths that day-a BIG accomplishment. Some are quite pricey-like the $400 fertility necklace that is not going to happen in my lifetime-but some are pretty reasonable-like the coin collection. I haven't been on the site for awhile, so I hope all this still applies. I have the necklaces called grounding, protection, love, romance, confidence, voice, and clarity. I love them all and they definately have an energy to them.

Wish you all a good evening and check with ya' tomorrow! ':p'

Jen

>Yve-No Cyndi Lauper or Boy George!! What!! You better give me
>some 80's love right away! What are some of your faves?
>
lol.

Hi Jen - I have to say that I was definately a Duranee in the 80's. Gosh did I love Duran Duran when I was in high school - and actually went to see them in concert a few years ago. Boy do they look different without the teased hair and make-up. Oh - and I liked Wham - and George Michael...Was not a Michael or Janet Jackson fan... hmmm you are really testing my memory.. oh - and how could I forget?! I really also liked Madonna in the 80's.

Most of workouts are step - but 2 of my fave non-step workouts are: The Classical Pilates Mat - and The Classical Pilates Magic Circle.

I also have a confession to make: As I left the computer after my earlier post - I got caught on the phone for a bit - and have now decided its too late for a cardio workout... (I'll be wired all night) Just some yoga...I feel like a slug..but serves me right for not working out this morning as planned.

The site seems interesting.. will check it out.

Cheers.
Yve

Yve-Shut computer off and went to brush teeth. During teeth brushing, forgot you asked a question earlier that I meant to answer. Turned computer back on and reconnected to web. Note to self: starting tomorrow must get a life! Also note DH is watching Star Trek again, by himself, in the dark. Feeling better about my situation....

Anyway, you were asking about logging on at work. Well...(enter deep, announcer voice)...as Director of Human Resources, I follow the Employee Handbook without fail....(end deep, announcer voice). Our company policy is 15 minutes of internet time a day. We also don't dictate how you spend your "off clock" time like lunch...you are free to do what you want....so some interpret that as an additional 30 minutes of internet time, which is fine. Honestly, we don't even look into your activity unless we think there is a problem...i.e. your work is not getting done/performance issues. Some companies are more strict. We say that we monitor, and we certainly can with ease, but we still feel pretty creepy about looking over the shoulders of those who are doing a good job and don't want it to get around (or give our employees the impression) that that is what we spend our time doing-spying on employees-even if it is the company's right to do so, it doesn't give people a good feeling about working there.

Ok, I am shutting the computer and my brain back off now!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.