Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tues Nov 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did the new Turbo Jam Kickin' Core. I skipped back to repeat part of the aerobics to make it equal 45 minutes of aerobics and 15 minutes of core work. This was fun and the core work at the end was part standing with the ball and part lying on the ball. I had fun and it got my HR up (although my asthma is bad this time of year and I started to wheeze a couple times...so I had to keep my intensity down in the low 150's).

No yoga again last night. It was a busy night. I'll try to fit some Kundalini in later. I want to do the 2nd half of Journey thru the Chakras.

Jen - Yes, I actually have read a very good book which is what got me into Kundalini Yoga a long time ago. It's called the Eight Human Talents by Gurumukh. It's an excellent read. I highly recommend it.

Yvanna - Yes, actually the chakras do have to do with emotions. I think he may have said if you have a block in this chakra, you might be a "anal retentive Personality" or something to that nature.....so I'm thinking my chakras must be blocked down there! LOL.
Well ladies - I'm running a bit late...gotta run. Tomorrow evening I'm going to see one of my favorite bands out of town. Buckcherry. Has anyone heard of them? They have that really popular rock song out right now "Crazy Bi#$h"??

later

Lora- great WO. Has your asthma ever caused you to have to stop completly? Must be frustrating. I assume yoga helps in some way?
Oh, and the envelope held up fine. But it almost got stuck in the mailbox cuz my mailman stuffed it in there with everything else!!LOL!! Fear not, I got it!

I also realized last night that I need to learn how to fully relax. I kept concentrating on releasing the tension, but I am amazed at how hard it is. I must be tense all day! I hope this Kundalini can help me to relax better.

Morning to everybody!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

ooopsssssss......sorry..wrong thread.

Meaghan - Yes, very hyper by nature. I was told in my adult life that I have ADD the hyper kind....but I learned to live with it. I can relax only a little bit when doing Kundalini.....other than that....I RARELY relax. I tend to find myself enjoying the brief moments of meditation in between exercises in Kundalini. This did not happen when I first started practicing it years ago. This only began happening this time. I don't know if it's cuz I'm much older now or what! LOL.

My asthma only ever stopped me from exercising when it was out of control when I first developed it. I usually only have to lower the intensity when I get pre-wheezy like I was this morning. This time of year, my sinuses drain horribly and all of the drainage fuels my asthma and lies in my chest causing me to get wheezy....and when I do aerobics, it is more noticeable. I usually stop and use my inhaler, but by then it's a bit late!

I'm going to try to go set up my weights for the AM and do some Kundalini before I watch GH.

Hi everyone!

I'm noticing in my spare moments when I'm out, I'm practicing a very subdued version of BoF. That can't be a bad thing!

Thanks again for all the neck info and well-wishes. It's doing much, much better now.

Okay, so let's see here, Jen (hey, hope you're feeling better) wanted more details on Rodney Yee's Power Yoga. I was just so happy to be able to do The Wheel on my sticky mat (I wasn't able to do one before, but that was when I wasn't on my sticky mat). I couldn't believe I was doing it. And when Rodney went for a second round of The Wheel, I hoisted myself back in to The Wheel and I couldn't believe I could be doing it a second time around...but then when Rodney went for yet ANOTHER one, I was like, "Urgh, enough already!" but then I half-ass did it, and that was probably not the wisest of choices LOL. Until I gain more strength, I'll keep it at two.

Anyway, let me see. Details. It's set with him on like a cliff. It's a peaceful cliff, though LOL. I have absolutely no memory of the music, so that means that it was neither distracting nor inspiring. The thing that stood out the most about this workout was Rodney getting into plank position from a forward bend - that man is a FROG. If I ever become strong enough to be able to do a move like that, well, I'll be doing it all the time to impress my friends, I tell you that LOL. Heck, I'll be doing it to impress strangers.

The first 25 minutes or so is sun salutations. Of course, I do see the benefit in that much sun saluting, but I must admit, at about 20 minutes in, I was wondering if we'd ever be moving onwards. In fact, I decided to stop doing the workout at 22 minutes because I was getting tired of doing so many, but since the thing wasn't chaptered and I couldn't find the cool-down easily, I ended up going back to where I left off and finished the whole workout. Funny thing is, when I hit the 30 minute mark and Rodney started to do seated stretches, I was totally LOVING it and felt really great.

I'm not huge on spirituality, and nothing in the workout rubbed me wrong in that way...Rodney's instruction was clear, and his voice was peaceful and reassuring, and as a special bonus, he says "groins" a couple times LOL.

Unfortunately during the ending relaxation, all I could meditate on was the twinge in my neck. Sorry I can't be more detailed.

My overall feeling about the workout was at the end I really loved it, and I felt really wonderful (well, heh, except for my neck, that is LOL). Thinking about doing it again...well, you really need to set aside a full hour to do the practice and do it in full. So if you're feeling really up to it, I mean, really, really up to it, then I think it's a fantastic practice (keep in mind that I have fairly little to compare it to though). Actually just writing about it sort of makes me want to try it again.

Hope that helps. Did you check out the sample over at Collage?

Hi everyone! I still have chest soreness from Sunday's GS WO and now my legs & butt are sore too. So for tonight's workout, I had to find a body part that was not sore to work! I ended up doing GS Back twice through, lowering the weight by half on the second pass. I was careful, since I can't really say that I would enjoy the sensation of DOMS of the back! Anyone ever had DOMS there?

Lora-I didn't know you were a Turbo Jam fan-you really do have every workout!!! Can I bother you for a description about the instructor/workout/choreography? I have seen the infomercial many times and have been sooo curious about it, but never bought it. Sorry to hear about the asthma flare-up. An old boyfriend of mine had asthma and I spent many a night in the ER with him, especially during the winter months. Exercise must be really tough when your lungs don't want to cooperate. I had pneumonia a few years ago and I would swear my lungs have never been the same. It's the only time in my life an illness has really scared me-it seemed like it was trying to kill me as I slept....what a yucky feeling! ;(

Megadoo-I know what you mean about trying to relax more. It must be so tough for you to really zone out during meditation-I imagine your "mommy" ears are always perked up to hear your little ones. Are you just trying to meditate along with a workout DVD at the end or are you trying to develop a meditation practice of your own outside of your workout DVDs? I think they have CDs just to help guide you into a state of meditation. Have you thought about trying something like that? I think Deepak Chopra and others have CDs just for meditation.

Jen

Ok, August fast-fingers, you won the posting contest this time! I could've sworn mine would be first. Nice review on the Rodney Yee. I hope I did not cause you to have another injury just from all the typing! I appreciate your efforts! :) That workout sounds a lot like one of my all time favorite workouts from Steve Ross on the Oxygen Channel. He does wheel pose three times at the end of a workout when you are at your most exhausted. Isn't wheel just awesome, though-when I come out of it, I just like something has really opened up inside. Anyway, I have not checked out the clip on Collage-I did not know they carried it. Now, let's review the details......
1. Set on a cliff. Nice! Better him than me!
2. No memory of the music. Obviously Aussie outback instrument-free.
3. Rodney is a FROG. LMAO!! :+
4. Meditate on Rodney's "groins". (Oops that was a note to self-how did that get posted? :p )

Sounds like my kind of workout!

Jen

i did 2.5 miles ont he TM and then 30 min segment of Ravi's The Ultimate Stretch and Warrior Workout. This was good. You hold poses for a long time and do the meditate for a minute inbetween too. I would like to do the rest soon.

Jen- I want to get comfortable with the meditation on the DVD's first. I need to learn to quiet my mommy ears!LOL!! You are os right about that. If I am successful and enjoy it, then maybe I will venture outside the DVD's. Good for you and the DOMS!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone had a nice day.

This evening I did the Yoga Shakti - basic flow.

Lora - thanks for the info re the chakras. I can relate to your asthma issues. My dad has copd - and I know how terrible it can be. I actually had it as a child but thankfully outgrew it.

August - I must be having a senior's moment at the prime age of 38! What is BoF? The Rodney Yee sounds great. Sun salutes are my favourite part. Does he come across as arrogant to you? The reason I ask is that one of the yoga instructors that I have had told me that she wasn't big on either Rodney or Baron Baptiste - that they were a bit high on themselves due to fame. I don't know anything about either - but do enjoy the yogi-niceness of true yogis. Just wondering if it was just her. Hope your neck continues to heal.

Jenn - I am getting doms thinking of your doms. You have been doing some super tough workouts.

Megadoo - What level would you peg the Ravi ultimate stretch/warrior workout?

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.