Trying to Fit Yoga In Tues Nov 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme - about the first 35-40 minutes and then I did the Heavy Bag Challenge at the end, cooldown and stretch (50"). I burned a total of 360 calories. This was a little easier to follow doing it this way and not doing a premix. I had more fun with this one today. I had a good workout also.

I must have been exhausted last night. I fell asleep watching GH and then this morning, my alarm went off for a solid 1/2 hour before I even heard it! Needless to say, I was a bit late starting my workout.
Well - I didn't do any yoga last night. I was busy until it was time to relax for a little bit and go to bed.......maybe I'll fit some in later tonight.

Have a great day and I'll be back later.

Hi all! Drill Max jumping bean from yesterday checking in with ya'! Next time around I am just going to buy a pogo stick! Oh my, I believe the tush DOMS are a coming.

Hope you have a good day and good workouts! Talk to ya' soon provided I can walk to the computer.

Jen

Hi, guys!

Lora - Jeez, sleeping through an alarm for 30 minutes before realizing it sounds like you are REALLY exhausted. I hope you'll give yourself some more rest!

Jen - Oooh, love tush DOMS. When you're sitting down, squeeze on and get a rush! LOL

I just finished up my evening Total Yoga Original. Again it felt really great. The thing I called camel the other day was not camel AT ALL. All that time, in fact, I was wondering what on earth was "camel" about it. It's because it was "Nobility" pose. Haha, yeah, well, you can see how I could mix those two up. :eek: One thing I wish they would have done with this workout - they show the more advanced poses on the 2nd side of each pose (instead of at the first side), so if I ever want to try the advanced pose, I can only remember to do it on the 2nd side. Sort of a bummer, but I guess once I know the moves more fluidly, I'll remember to be able to do them on the first side anyway, so no big deal.

But here's a big deal! I found Rainbeau Mars's Sacred Practices (all four, but seperately) in Japan! So they are now on their way to me }( ! Muwahahahaa!

August - I never heard of Nobility pose. What is it like? Maybe I know it by another name. Actually, sleeping thru my alarm for long periods of time is not that uncommon for me. For some reason, I'm very good at tuning it out and hardly ever hear it until it goes off a while. That, and the fact that I do have to sleep deprive myself cuz If I get 6-7 hours of sleep for a couple of nights, I can't sleep for the next couple. I'm an extremely hyper person. I average about 4.5 to 5 hours of sleep a night (on a good night). On the weekends, I generally get 5.5 to 6.5...but if I get too much, I don't sleep Sunday evening and I have to work on Monday.

I don't think Sacred 4 have the Dusk and Dawn with them, right?

What are you going to do about Bryan Kest DVDs not working in your player?

Good morning everyone. My yoga last eve was replaced by much needed sleep. So you can say I did yoga - it was just all corpse pose! Will do a 20 minute Eion Finn Power Yoga for Happiness workout tonight then his Magically Hips in a.m. Did Low Impact Circuit this a.m. and indeed it did skip and pause so can't wait for the replacement. Liked it though!

Lora, you were right about Eion Finn. A bit silly at times but really do love his style. Very smooth and easy. Kest more challenging, as is the Soul of Strength Baptiste.

Have a late biz dinner Thurs eve but will be Tivo-ing the Luke & Laura wedding on GH!!!!!!

Namaste.

Julie

Lora - The Nobility pose is where you sit as if you're going to sit cross-legged, but one knee is directly over the other knee. You thread your hands together, rest it on the top knee and pull away. Does that sound familiar?

I've got a crazy ever-changing schedule, so my sleep is wigged out a lot. And I totally can't understand how people can sleep in and sleep and sleep and sleep. I've never been able to do that, unless I'm like totally sick or something.

No, Dawn & Dusk I'll need to order through Amazon later this month (someone else wants to order some stuff with me, and that stuff apparently won't be available until the end of this month, so I'm waiting on that). But I definitely plan to get them! Also the Eoin ones, too, of course!

I still haven't left my apartment in order to check the Kest DVD...but I'll be able to check it out this Friday finally. Keep your yoga fingers crossed for me!

Julie - Cheers to your sleep yoga! LOL.

Evening, everyone. I have been tired today, so I will keep it short tonight. I did Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates and Kathy Kaehler/Claudia Schiffer Perfectly Fit Abs..anyone remember that one? I felt weird physically today-I did not get the tush soreness in the usual back tush place-it seemed to be over to the sides. I am not sure what muscles those are, but I am certainly acknowledging their existence today. A friend of mine at work said I had the "pregnancy glow" today-she was so sure she saw it, she suggested a pregnancy test. I told her it was probably the Bare Minerals make-up. :p I expect Aunt Flo this weekend, so we'll see.

August-Rainbeau Mars, too! How exciting! I expect a full review! You are quickly becoming quite the yogini! I wanted to talk more about the Erich Schiffman/Ali McGraw DVD, but I have a lot to say about it and I am not up to it tonight. I will fill you in later on my reasons why it is a must have!

Megadoo-I am sorry to hear about your back! I hope you feel better! Keep us posted!

Lora-Wow, sounds like you needed those zzzz's, girl! It sounds like your Amy Bento's are giving you great workouts, though. Have you been experiencing any soreness yet with your new workouts? Are you seeing the results you would like to see (if you needed any!)? Just wondering how it is for you, since you have been working out for so long now. Is it hard to shock your body? P.S. I am still on BPAL oil watch-no shipment info yet!

Julie-Glad you enjoyed an extended corpse pose! (I like the way you put that!) I am off to experience my own!

Hi to Yve, Charlotte, and Jeanette if you guys check in later!

Jen

Megadoo - Hope your back feels better. And I hope you took it easy on the workout at night! Don't make us yell at you to take it easy now! }(

Lora - I'm a vocalist, but I do play keyboards (well enough to write songs on it, but not well enough to whip out a tune and impress anyone playing it LOL). I do club music.

Jen - LOL, I don't know of the Claudia Schiffer workout, but I can only imagine. Though, if it's an old one and you're still doing it, it must mean that it's pretty good. So do you think you'll try the pregnancy test or just wait to see if Aunt Flo cancels?

Haha, yeah, I'm making my yoga collection and having a blast! Oh man, are you going to convince me to add Schiffman and McGraw to my Amazon list? << runs scurried left and right with hands on cheeks>>

Hope everyone's having a nice, deep sleep!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.