Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues May 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Yogini's -

This morning I did Cardio Coach #1, most of the running on the treadmill and some of the steady state on the Ellipitical (for a change - since I walked sooooo much last week in Vegas). I then did Katina Hunter's Turn & Burn - Vertical Step party (all but warmup). I also did Power Squeeze lower body and abs and then Kundalini with Ravi & Ana - Journey thru the Chakras - lower set 30". During the cardio with cool down and stretch, I burned 550 calories and it took 1 hour 25 minutes.

I loved Katina's step workout also. I'm very surprised that these are so good. I wasn't expecting this. The music isn't bad, the set is nice and she teaches well and has a nice personality. I did not get all of the moves down first time thru, but it's not complex, yet interesting enough to keep it from being boring. She did Power Parties throughout (intervals). My face was beet red at the end of cardio....which only means I really had a good workout. I also jumped a lot more moves than they did. (in case anyone's interested www.StepParty.com and there are clips up - advanced workouts).
Yve - in case you didn't see my post - my offer to sell you Lauren Mone's Anusara DVD for cheap still stands. It's too slow moving for me. I have enough slow ones....dont' want another. I really liked Lauren though. Still waiting to hear about your house shopping from the weekend.

Jen - Yes, I'm trying to work out hard since I ate too much on vacation. I need to lose a few pounds, yet I don't want my body to get too used to this much exercise, so I'll back off here and there. How many calories are you eating a day? Why are you going to get grouchy? the 5 meals or the pinching and weighing? I think Brookie's pretty much recovered. She was jumping all over and playing wildly last night, although ever since yoga this morning, she's been in "lovey dovey" mode. She was even crying for attention while I was in the shower. As you can tell, she's spoiled rotten already. She's gonna miss her Mommy when Mom goes back to work full-time. The same thing happened with our youngest male. I was out of work 5 months when we first got him and when I finally went back to work, he pouted for days while I was at work. They sure make getting thru the rough times a lot better! Is work getting any better lately? No sign of my Xlfowsion order yet. I guess they're saying they can take up to 3 weeks to arrive. I hope they live up to their expections. I'll have to check out Deb's rotation for upper body. I looked at it briefly, but some of the workouts are sort of long and if I'm working, I won't have that much time.
Have a great day. Namaste.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was CIA Kickbox Bootcamp with Kimberly Spreen. I liked it okay for a change. I am returning both Kimberly Spreen DVDs to Netflix tomorrow, so I'll have to check and see what's on tap. I still have Amy Bento's All Pump, but I have been holding back on weight work temporarily, so I haven't done that one yet.

Lora-LOL! I will definately be grouchy about the weekly weighing in and pinching. The five meals will be heaven! :) I need to learn how to do the skinfold testing myself or teach my husband to do it so I don't drive my friend crazy. That's a lot to expect of someone EVERY week. I am eating 2359 calories a day right now and I am loving it. I have had more energy for my workouts, too. I was eating at around 1700-1900. I will be interested to see what kind of results I have by the end of the week. I was really scared (and I still am) of eating that many calories but it's worth a try and if I get better results....well, that'll be great news! I will have to reduce my calories as my weight goes down, of course. I just get to eat that much because I still weight quite a bit.

That is too funny about your cats and their personalities! I know they will miss you (and probably act out!) once you start working again.

I have really liked all of Deb's rotations. I forgot to check to see if Cathe's May rotation was posted yet!

Have a great night everyone!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.