Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tues June 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Prevention's Fight Cellulite Fast - Interval Cardio workout. It was 50" and I burned 350 calories. It had 3 different levels to each interval, but I did the 2 higher ones at a higher level to make it harder. I got an excellent cardio workout. Really enjoyed this as it was mostly basic athletic moves like skaters, boxing, jumps, plyo's, jacks, etc. Still need to fit abs in some time soon.

Jen - this would be a good interval cardio for you if you like athletic drills. It was doable and not so hard that you don't look forward to it. I really liked it. You can make it harder or easier depending on how much you put into it. Did you try any of your Xflowsions yet? You did receive them, didn't you? I have that Firm Max Bootcamp out to do one day next week or so.

Re: the Circuits. If you are doing total body circuits, I think 4 a week might be too many. I'd do 3 a week if I was doing total body. The ones I'm doing work different muscles. Frontside works chest, triceps, shoulders, quads and abs and Backside works lats, hamstrings, etc. and you do 4 a week. The other days, I'm doing cardio. I'm only doing this cuz it's Jillian's way of doing them. If I was just doing them on my own, I'd probably do 3 circuits a week (total body) and do extra cardio on the other days. I am also going as heavy as possible with mine since it's only working the body parts twice a week. As far as back to back circuits, I think it's okay occasionally but I wouldn't do it all of the time. You could ask that question over at hardcore.

The first day was not too bad. The Office Manager looked at me like I have balls cuz of some of the stuff I asked her upon walking thru the door and then something I did later. I don't care.........she hired me cuz she thought I was agressive.........so I'll be agressive!! sort of half kidding, but she's sort of a Bit#$ .......(first impression) and heck if I'll let her intimidate me. I'm the old lady in the office. The girl in my office is 25 and the other one that trained me yesterday morning was 29. They seemed cool and asked me to bring my radio in from my trunk....always a good thing...but I can't get the radio station I like cuz I'm in the basement. Froze all day and starved all day. I think this Prednisone is making me famished. The hours suck. Hope I can get used to them. I came home for lunch (cuz I have an hour -- had to see my Brooky) and I have to work till 5:30 which is late for me. Such is life. Not sure if I'm going to like it there or not. It sure is low pay with zilch for benefits. I did insurance verifactions in the morning and the afternoon I did some mindless matching patient note's with insurance forms. The afternoon was cake.....but morning was a bit more challenging, as the insurance ladie's rattle all of this info off that you can hardly get down quick enough. I'm sure I'll get used to it....but not sure if this job is going to be something I like just yet....too early.

I'm tired! I'm glad the first day is behind me. Still nervous about everything though.

Better run......gotta go get ready for work.

Hi ladies! Busy day at work!

Lora-Thanks for all the circuit info-great information! I hope your day is better today! The first day is always the hardest. I am sure you will have the job down pat in no time. And yes, I received Xflowsion-it came in record time! I think it was 2 days after you said you sent it-I had it! My DH was freaking out a bit about the package (address label had a guy's name on it)-he of course had to question me about it. When I told him it was you...he was fine. :) (Don't worry it did not cause any tension-I just got a kick out of it that he asked me about it-and I was glad he did. ;) )

Kel-Have a great day & great WO!

Talk to you later, ladies!

Jen

Good morning ladies!

This morning was IMAX 2 & even though I hate cardio, I always enjoy that one once I get started. I plan to do some yoga during lunch but won't do any inversions b/c I have a dress on today. Tonight, we're supposed to attend a picnic for something associated with DH's work but we're supposed to get some rain... finally. I think they have a shelter reserved so the event should go as planned even if we do get some much needed rain. I've been carrying water up to our garden every day since we planted it so I sure hope we get some...

Lora - Glad your first day at work went okay. Like Jen said, the first day is always the hardest & it sounds like yours went pretty good. I hope you end up liking it there. I like the sound of the workout you did this morning. I like athletic-style cardio. I also agree with what you said about circuits & that's always been my weekly rotation in the past (M & F - total body circuits, T & TH - cardio, & W - total body weights). I always enjoyed that rotation but decided I needed to mix it up a bit so I'm also enjoying the upper/lower body rotation I'm currently doing.

Jen - You asked where I got that information about doing heavier weights before proceeding to the rest of your set & I honestly don't remember. I know it was on here somewhere & it wasn't too long ago but I can't think of which folder or thread it might have been in. All it really said was that if you're trying to go heavier, it's better to attempt a few reps with the heavier weight while your muscles are still fresh, rather than attempting the reps at the end, after your muscles are already fatigued. I've been trying to move up to the 20 pounders for biceps for awhile with no real luck but when I used this method, I was able to do 4 reps with really good form & then I proceeded to the remainder of the pyramid work. So what workout is in store for you today?

I hope you ladies have a great day & I'll check back in later to see what's going on.

Hey Ladies - Well, I can't believe I'm typing this, but I don't have a job again. You know how I said I was "ballsy" with the office manager yesterday?? Well, this morning -- this one girl was training me and she was acting all spazzed....and all I said was that it was only my 2nd day and I would get quicker at what I was doing cuz she seemed like she was spazzing. It is so out of character for me to be "ballsy" with people I don't even know......and then to say what I said this morning too.....so I guess it wasn't meant to be cuz they let me go cuz they said I got smart with the staff. Oh well, maybe it wasn't the place for me.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Low Impact Step. I added on the abs chapter. I got home late and did not plan on working out...but I am so glad I did! :) Just makes me feel better. It's in my blood now. Can't go too many days without it.

Lora-So sorry to hear about the job. Looks like it wasn't the right place. Hang in there-something else will come through. Have you gotten any other calls for interviews?

Kel-Thanks for the info on the heavier weights. I never thought of doing that. So, are you trying to move up from 15 to 20 on bicep curls? :eek: I can't curl 15s yet.

Have a great night!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.