Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues June 12

lorajc

Cathlete
I ended up doing Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix followed by Xflowsion's Calm Down Dog. Cardio workout was 70" (had to cool down for an extra 5 min.) and I burned 535 calories (that's more than I burn with a Cathe's Imax). This is the first time I've ever done Step Mix all the way thru. Usually when I was working, I only had time for 45-50 minutes of it. I was surprised to see my HR at 160 at the end of the last combo ..which wasn't even an interval. I think her step portions keep my HR higher than Cathe's in Imax....even though I can't pick up the coreography totally...I can still get a great workout by either being on the wrong side or doing my own verison of the step. I enjoyed this today.

I'm also feeling sore in all different places (mildly) from that Tracey Sculpt Sweatfest yesterday. Must really be different than traditional Cathe weights. I'm happy about that also. I'm growing to like Tracey more and more!

Jen - FF = functional fitness. Re: Cardio - Last time I was unemployed, I did double cardio and lost 7 pounds. This time I'm unemployed, I've been doing all sorts of extra cardio, etc and gained 4 pounds. Go figure! I"m totally frustrated right now. I'm constantly starving and trying to not eat as much.....and working out harder than ever. I hope I haven't started a vicious cycle of my body requiring even more cardio. I'm scared!! I've actually managed to get rid of a couple more grocery bags of VHS...but at last count (before we bought a DVD player, I had around 400). At the moment, I'm having difficulty deciding whether or not to keep my Karen Voight/Elle MacPherson circuit workout (used to love it, but on viewing today, I was lukewarm about it).

Kel - how are you? I love Ellen Barret. I've pulled Super SlimDown out to do on Saturday (my planned rest day).

I took Mom to the doctor's yesterday. He said she can drive whenever she feels comfortable enough (she's having a lot of fear of doing a lot since she doesn't want to get hurt again). Her therapist has her starting to practice walking with a quad cane, but Mom is too scared to practice on her own. I hope she is able to overcome it and move on.

I'm trying to decide where to go looking for jobs tomorrow and the topic of Temping came up. I HATE starting new jobs and actually get physically ill from it.....so I don't know if I'd do okay Temping. What do you ladies think?? Do you think since I know I don't have to stay there or be there forever, it would make it any easier for me? I have a really hyper and nervous personality and I'm very UNCOMFORTABLE in new unfamiliar surroundings to say the least. Opinions please? I know I may not have a choice and may just need to bite the bullet...but I would love to hear your thoughts.

Have great workouts ladies. I'm running errands today and grocery shopping for Mom. I'll be back later.

Hi ladies. I thought I'd wait until after lunch to post since I planned to do some yoga. I did another routine on my own & enjoyed it very much. I put on my own music & sort of let it guide me through a routine that I just create as I go. It took me about 30 minutes & it was a nice mid-day break.

I also have DOMS from PUB yesterday. The last couple of times I did it, I didn't experience any kind of soreness so I thought it was time to up my weights. So I matched Cathe in all areas but used heavier weights with shoulders & triceps & that sure did it... & I'm glad!

This morning, I did Step Blast. Although it's pure cardio & I'm not much into that, the routine really keeps me on my toes & I really have to pay attention to keep up with it. So once I get started, I always enjoy that one. Plus, the blasts at the end really get me & I feel like I've gotten in a great workout.

Lora - Wow, your DH is really on top of things with the foreclosures! Sounds like you live in an area where they're abundant too. We really have our hands way too full right now with what we've got to even consider another one but we're still keeping our eyes open for the right deal. Glad you're enjoying Tracey Staehle & it sounds like you got in a great workout! Glad your mom is starting to do better & has been released to drive, even though she doesn't feel ready yet. I'm sure with some gentle persuasion, she'll gain the confidence to move forward. She has been through a lot so I'm sure she'll need to make progress as a slower pace. Gosh, I don't know what to tell you about the job search. If it's the change that creates such stress for you, a temp position might not be the best option... unless you can set your mind that it's not as stressful since it IS only temporary. Of course, temporary jobs often turn into full time positions so at least that's a way for you to get your foot in the door & see if it's a place you'd like to work. I'm not really familiar with temp agencies so is this also a way for you to "try out" a place & see if you like it or are you obligated to work wherever they send you? If it's a way for you to try out a place, then I would think it might be good for you since you experience so much discomfort & stress in new environments. I don't know if any of that helped but I hope some of it might have. Enjoy Super Slimdown on Saturday. I'd forgotten how much I like that one when I did it on Sunday.

Jen - Oh... I love your new avatar!!! Is that one of your doggies? What a cutie! Hey, I totally understand about trying a cardio rotation & I bet you'd get results from it so if you decide to go for it, I wish a fellow cardio-hater the best of luck! You know, as much as I dislike cardio, I find that I usually get into it once I get started... & I love the endorphin rush it gives me too. That information about fitness competitors doing lots of cardio before a competition was also really interesting but I guess I can understand it since cardio is supposed to burn more so their muscles would become more visible. Is that what you would think too? So what book are you reading that suggests doing double cardio?

Well, off to get some more work done. I hope everyone has a great day & I'll be sure to check back in later.

Take care!

Kel - my Hemalaya Behl DVD came today!! Just thought I'd let you know. Don't know if I'll have time to try it later or not. Trying to get stuff ready to sell (perfume sample packs)....as I'm freakin' out about my income coming to an end soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.