Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues Jan 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did 25 minutes of Turbo Jam Fat Blaster followed by 30 minutes of Stomp 2 Step Showdown - Marc Oliver Kluike's segment. I got brave and used my higher step. This moves pretty quick but since I learned it the other day, I was able to do it easily on the higher step. This was a lot of fun. I think cuz of my ADD, I actually like doing a half hour of one kind of cardio and 1/2 hour of another kind. I cooled down on my own and then did a stretch off of a Cathe DVD. Session was 60" and my HR monitor states I burned 440 calories but it's wrong cuz my base settings need reset.....as it lost power and went back to the default, so my weight, resting heart rate all need reset.

Jen - My spams are still bad, but I think job stress is helping. I really hate learning a new job. I'm so overwhelmed and I feel so stupid cuz I keep doing dumb things!! Either I'm old, or I killed to many brain cells in my young, wild days!! You're making me want to read that Kundalini book again......so I just might once the job simmers down (if it ever does). I hope you end up liking Kundalini. It's really different than regular yoga and you might even feel very strange at first and not want to do it (as a matter of fact, I'm sure you will) but bear with it cuz I think you'll like what it does for you (maybe). There are some people that just don't "click" with it. Biggest complaint I've heard from haters is that breath of fire bothers them....burns, etc. I like breath of fire.

Tammy - Yay........good for you conquering Mandala Namaskar I on Fluid Power. I knew if I could do it, so could you.

Well, I better go get ready for work. I'm running a bit late this morning.

Nobody around today?

Well, so much for me trying to do a functional fitness/yoga/cardio week. I think I'm going to go another 4 months (meant to say 4 weeks....but now that I read that job stuff I just typed...maybe it will be 4 montns) before I do that. Can't bring myself to do that this week with the job stress I'm undergoing. I need to keep working out hard for a while to get this frustration out.

Work was a total freakin' joke today. I wasted more time with other Assistants trying to show me how to do something and they kept screwing up and couldn't figure it out themselves ....so so much for learning. My notes are a joke. Then they ALL have the nerve to ask me where I worked before (since I don't know how to do the thing they're trying to teach me) and when I said "hospital" to one of them, she said "that's interesting". WTF is that supposed to mean? That I'm a dumb as#???? I hope what I explained makes sense, as it would take way too long to explain it all and spell it out. I think I'm too consciencious and care too much about doing a good job or something cuz everyone else seems to be doing a bang up job at their's!!! I'm not exagerating either. Even the Clerk who tried to show me how to scan a document and make it a PDF file kept screwing up and I didn't get the directions written down right. Between that and doing double work all day cuz I keep pulling up the wrong version of a document or something stupid, I'm ready to have a nervous break down.

From Eion Finn's Newsletter regarding his new DVD: Can't wait for this one:

Yoga for Happiness, The SURF Edition

The recent Pure and Simple Yoga DVD offers something for beginners or people who want to practice slower yoga, allowed me to be free to make something much more challenging. Following the format of PY4H, the DVD will showcase several routines depending on your needs. While being free of crazy contortions, it is a strong practice that will definitely improve your fitness.

The Surf Element? You definitely don't have to be a surfer to enjoy this practice. I was inspired by the needs of surfers and focus on forward bending, twisting, abominals and conditioning poses. It's fluid and, like everything we do, deeply inspired by the ocean. The setting is absolutely stunning. You will want to lick the screen to get a taste of some warm, Costa Rican goodness. We are putting together a stellar soundtrack now to complete the package.

There are other treats on this one, but we'll surprise you... Release date? Ah, soon... we're working on it.

Meaghan - Yes, that's the way Eion talks. He's a trip. You really should put Power Yoga for Happiness on your Wish List. He speaks in "Eionspeak" and it's quite cool. He's quite the charcter and so is his little doggie that is in all of his DVDs with him. Gotta love a man who loves his pets.

Well, I have to go watch GH and I was supposed to try to fit some Kundalini in but I was deciding what workout to do tomorrow!! LOL!!

Well, I can't believe I am saying this, but no WO for me today. I just feel plain exhausted. I sat in front of all my DVDs for 15 min and NOTHING looked good. Guess that is a sign. My hands have been hurting all day and I have had cramps!?! Feeling really drained. Better listen to my body.

Lora- yes, I have that one on my wish list. That is the one Tammy just got and fell in love with right?

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

OOOHHHHH Lora...thanks for that info...this kinda of sounds like when he says the little tidbit about having ice cream licked off your body....LOL!

Meg: PY4H is a great one...probably my favorite (of the 3 I have...LOL!)

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I am really tired tonight. I really pushed to get through HSTA and had to eliminate one set of leg presses there at the end. My legs and buns and outer thighs were killing me from yesterday... should have taken a rest day today, but found out today that...drum roll please.....:)I have LOST 3.5 pounds in the past 30 days :) so I was extra motivated to keep going!!! Finally!!!!! No reduction in body fat % this time, but I'll take the weight loss, especially considering it was during the holidays! I also have read that this is how it happens for some people-body fat reduction comes before weight loss-seems odd to me, seems more like you would have them both at the same time-but what do I know?

Have a great night everyone and I will do better catching up tomorrow!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.