Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues Jan 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome cardio for 59". I finally got my HR up in the 160's again. Had a great workout except for my feet bothering me. My face was beet red when finished....and my cheeks still are red.....unless I couldn't see to put my blush on cuz I was still flushed! Workout was 59" and I burned 577 calories.

Carrie - I'm not sure if this is the job for me or not. I really am disappointed with the benefits (if I were to get hired). You only get 1 week's vacation for the first 5 years you are there! That really stinks. When I say I have been praying hard....I don't mean that I'm praying to "get" the job....but only praying for the strength to get thru this.....and deal with this people there.....and praying for His Will....whatever that may be. I'm done asking for this job or that job cuz I think it's good for me.....as every time I've done that I seem to end of downsized, outsourced, bumped, etc. In the past 10 years, I lost one job due to downsizing, one job due to outsourcing, one job due to elimination of the position (downsizing) and one job due to being bumped out of my job by a more senior employee.....and lastly, there was the job I got in September and worked there for 2 weeks only to have the person I was replacing decide she didn't want to leave....so they had to let me go due to lack of work! Needless to say ....I have no idea where I SHOULD be or what's best for me.....but I only hope I can get thru this. I hope the place I'm working at continues to see that I'm a competent, trustworthy individual, as well as hard working, loyal employee!!

Jill - I have Rockin' Abs and Buns....but the vidiot that I am....have not tried them yet. I have a huge box of DVDs that I've either never tried or tried a couple times and I'm unsure if I like them. I also have many on my shelves that never get touched. I have a hard time throwing stuff out, but I don't know if I'll ever part with my Tae Bo Lives. I certainly hope he comes out with comparable ones....but not sure if I could afford it! All of these instructors just keep pumping out workouts!

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a great day.

Good morning ladies :)

This morning I decided to give Baron a second chance and did Long and Lean Yoga. And you know what? I liked it! I do have to admit that his chatter does make it easier for my mind to wander but otherwise I think it's a great workout. I could only make it through half an hour of it, though. I don't know if it is because I'm tired, because it was harder than I thought, or if it's because I didn't have any fuel in my body to make it throught the workout. I'll try it again on Thursday. I think that if I do that one regularly for a while it will really build up some total body strength!

I do have a question for anyone who is able to answer...I really have a difficult time with upward dog and generally substitute cobra since they're similar. Is this the kind of thing that I will just need to build up more strength to be able to do?

Hi Girls--

Today's workout will be KenpoX. I am really sore from yesterdays Core Syn. That workout kinda sucks. But maybe it's because I kinda suck at doing it?

Lora-I will share that quote with you-it's at my desk at work. I was going to ask if you actually like doing Core Syn? I was thinking of doing a Lean Rotation when this recovery week is over. I know they put that in alot. I also think it's weird that they don't have you doing any Plyometrics-just CardioX. I wonder why.

Jill-I swear you are my idol. I am so impressed that you were a certified Tae Bo instructor! That is impressive. Did you get to meet his daughter ? I feel like you definately had a brush with stardom. Did it cost alot? I am still thinking that his live classes were actually faster than his DVD's. Wow. I have been dogging it, huh? I know-Tae Bo gets you in great shape, but the videos get tedious. I have mixed feelings on Baron Baptiste. I had a few of his vids, his just goes on and on. I think I had 'Unlocking Athletic Power', because I run. It really didn't 'unlock' anything. But he did include my favorite pigeon pose, so it wasn't all bad.

Brighton-So sorry you were in an accident going to the gym. My husband would use your example and say 'See-working out is dangerous, that is why I don't' All joking aside that is very scary. I know all about driving in snowing roads here. It sucks. We are under a 50 mph wind advisory today. Joy.

Morning, ladies!

Well, looks like I was extremely blessed yesterday-- I learned from the news that I got off the interstate before that crash turned into a huge mess... Apparently the pile up stretched out 3 miles and involved 20 semis & 40 cars! I know, it sounds completely unreal. So scary to think that my babies & I were almost in the thick of it. (BTW Lora, I'm in Utah, less than an hour outside Salt Lake... I was actually born and lived most of my life in Chicago, so you'd think I'd be used to crazy weather! :) ) Anyway, you can see pictures and video of the story here: http://www.kutv.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=e9eba494-c9ac-4eb5-9c30-caec56e3582d
Clearly God's hand was involved, because no one was killed. If you see the video of the mangled cars... total miracle. Jill, I hope this crazy weather isn't headed your way!!! (BTW-- Tae Bo Instructor? So cool!)

Anyway, haven't gotten on the bike today, but hope to get in 38 minutes and also Push/Pull done. I'm thinking that I'll just stay home the rest of the week and cross train with Cathe instead of getting to the gym for treadmill/pool days... this storm is supposed to continue on & off through Friday. I'm still a bit jumpy and don't particularly fancy getting put in a position like I was yesterday! :(

Thanks for all your well wishes, everyone, & sorry I'm kind of one-track minded today... Best wishes to everyone, I hope everyone has a great day.

Ugh...had a bad day. Migraine all day....bad. Almost got in an accident pulling out of the parking lot and must have jinxed myself by saying I was doing better the last couple of days. Couldn't do anything right today. Hope tomorrow is better...but we have a super HEAVY patient load. Need lots of praying in the AM. And....of course, I started as soon as I got home....so I'll be miserable and busy tomorrow. Nothing like projecting negativity! Oh my....I'm a basket case, aren't I??

Brighton - OMG...that accident sounds awful. Thank God that you and the others are all okay!

Jill - Re: Up-dog - I don't undertand why you can't push up into full updog. If you lift weights and do Cathe, I would think you'd have the strength?? Maybe it's the angle? Does it bother you to bend your back like that? Where do you have your hands placed? I just did one to check my hand placement .....so make sure your hands aren't too far out ...but sort of directly under your shoulders, if not a bit closer than that. Maybe you just need to get used to it? Maybe others will have suggestions. Re: Baron - I have quite a few of his videos...but not the one you mentioned. I think he's okay...don't love him and don't hate him. His chatter doesn't bother me...but I like Bryan Kest also and he talks constantly. I mainly don't pick Baron's yoga out of my collection cuz I'm not thrilled with his pose sequencing and selection most of the time.

Carrie - When I did the Lean Rotation, I tweaked it a bit. I did Plyo X in place of Cardio X. Re: Core Syn....I can't believe you get that sore from it. That's good though. I've been known to use ankle weights and dumbbells for the bananas, ab moves, core work, etc cuz it' not hard enough for me. I also was using ankle weights and dumbells for Ab Ripper X after a bit cuz my body got so used to it. I don't love and I don't hate Core Syng. It's okay cuz it has a variety of stuff.....but I just get so sick and tired of it! I sort of wish they had 2 functional fitness workouts to alternate in P90X! LOL. I don't want much, huh??

I can't decide what to do for a workout tomorrow. If I was following the P90X+ Lean Rotation, tomorrow should just be yoga...but since I started and I'm trying to lose weight and feel so bloated....I feel like I should do something else....so I'm trying to decide between a half hour of yoga/half hour of cardio, a functional fitness workout, Xflowsion and a few other ones...........decisions, decisions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.