Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tues Jan 22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

This morning I did P90 X+ - Interval X. I used my rebounder for parts of it and tried to work harder on the beginning intervals to jack my HR up higher .. ..and I was able to get my HR up to 156 a couple of times....but this workout, as is, does not get my HR up very high. I can't believe the people in the video get such high readings. How high does your HR spike in these P90X+ cardios? Workout was 53" and I burned 486 calories.

I haven't been able to sleep the last couple of nights.....I'm PMSing and these darn hormones interfere with my sleep patterns. I even did PM yoga with Barbara Benagh the last couple nights. Last night, I did "A Good Night's Sleep" premix which was mostly restorative postures and I fell asleep in "legs up the wall" pose....but then when it was bedtime...couldn't sleep.

Yve - glad to hear about your GD test.

Jen - why do you have to take Prenatal vitamins? Does it help you to conceive?

Carrie - where do you work that you hate your job?? I sooo dread going to that place again today!

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning-

Today's workout is YogaX. Love this workout, 1hour 30 mins of power yoga, it is so awesome! ( I mean it!) What is so nice, is that Tony holds the poses for around 30 seconds, so you really get the stretch.

Lora-excellent workout today. It is frustrating when your HR doesn't get high, I get annoyed with that too. I work at a large insurance company here. I don't necessarily ' hate' my job, i do dread going in. I work PT, so really, you can do a job for 4 hours a day, right? I don't have anyting to complain about. I am looking for a job in the fashion industry, which is what i used to do. It's such a change to go from a really creative job to ...insurance. Boring!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone!

I decided to do BBC again this week since I've been getting such great results alternating them with Cathe's 4DS. Yesterday, I did BBC Shoulders, Back, & Non-Treadmill Cardio & this morning, I did BBC Chest, Abs, & Non-Treadmill Cardio. Like Cathe's 4DS, I really like these because they're mostly weights (& you can go as heavy as you want, which I try to do) & just enough cardio to get it in there. But I'm already starting to feel "beat up" so I can see a nice recovery week in my future... probably next week unless I feel a lot better before then. I did a nice, long yoga practice on Sunday because my DH had to go take care of business. I ended up selecting 15 or 16 items off the matrix on Yoga Shakti. It was wonderful & took about 90 minutes in all. Last night, I did Hemalaya Behl's Yoga for Urban Living Evening Bath & I also added the Passive Practice for Shoulder & Neck Pain from Yoga for Stress with Barbara Benaugh (again, because my DH had a meeting to attend). It was a nice, relaxing practice & took a little less than an hour.

Lora - Great workout (as usual)! Sorry you're still feeing so stressed at work & I really hope things improve soon. I'm also sorry you're suffering from PMS & you've been having trouble sleeping lately too. I usually have trouble sleeping during that time of the month too so hopefully it will pass soon.

Carrie - Glad you enjoyed Yoga X so much this morning! You make it sound great but I don't usually have time for a full 90 minute routine. I've been wish-washy about P90X for a long time & now I think I'll just wait & preorder STS instead. How much longer do you have to finish the full P90X rotation?

Brighton - Sounds like you're still moving right along with your workouts to prepare for the tri. Were you able to fit in some yoga last night, as planned? Hope your DH got home safe & sound!

Yve - Great news about your GD test... what a relief & what a way to celebrate! Hope you enjoyed your "veg" time last night & I hope you have a chance to pop in later today too...

Jen - Oh my goodness, you sure picked a tough rotation! Great job with your workout yesterday & I'm looking forward to hearing what workout is on tap for today & if you're experiencing any DOMS too. How confusing that your IVF nurse & nutritionist are telling you 2 different things. Hope you get all that straightened out soon.

Well, it looks like I've almost made it to lunchtime, thank goodness. I am starving! So I guess I'll go see what I can round up for lunch & I'll pop back in later to see what else is going on. Take care everyone!:)

Kel-I do love yogaX. I have approx 2 more official weeks on my first p90x round. I am going to actually stretch it out for an addl week, for my 'after' pics. My last week coincides with TTOM, and I don't want to show any bloat in my pics! I think STS will be quite comparable to p90x. With Tony, you either love or hate him. He is not for everyone, but he does produce good workouts.

You had some amazing yoga workout! I need to get that Yoga Shakti--everyone here raves about it.

Carrie

Hi ladies,

Today's workout was Erin O'Brien's prenatal fitness fix. I am going to try and catch a prenatal yoga class tonight. Thanks for all your kind words re the gd test. I appreciate it.

Lora - I am sorry you have been struggling with insomnia - along with everything else.. Probably the stress from work isn't helping any either. Have you ever tried melatonin? It's a herbal supplement that helps with sleep.

Carrie - That would be a change - to go from a very creative job - to one in finance... Even the culture is so different... Very regimented. I am an ex-banker.... and would have a hard time working in environment again. There are lots of perks though- ie job security, benefits, pension etc. I guess everything has a trade-off. Yes - Yoga Shakti would be a great investment. Shiva Rea is amazing. I like Seane Corne also.

Kel - Amazing that you have been getting in those long yoga practices. I will have to look into the ones you mentioned from last night. I sometimes have a hard time with neck and shoulder tension.

Brighton - Wow - Amazing work yesterday with your training for the triathlon. I hear you re the blizzard conditions... It was cold and snowy here on Sunday - and one of the major highways (the 400) had a 100 car pile-up bc of snow squals. Things are so much better in the spring.

Jen - I think you did the right thing in stopping the prenatal vitamins that had a lot of iron. Sometimes we have to be our own health advocates - don't we?
I take Materna vitamins, as well as pharmaceutical grade fish oil supplements.
I think that if you were to stop prenatal vitamins - Just take a supplemental folic acid vitamin (1000 mg per day), a b-complex without folic acid and some calcium/vit D. Then - try and get the additional vits via your diet. All multis and prenatal vitamins contain iron - bc women tend to be low in iron during pg.
If you think that you get enough b-vits with your diet - then I would just stick with the folic acid and calcium. Hope this helps.,....and thanks for the support re the Hagen Daaz ;)

Have a nice evening ladies.

Yve

Hi Ladies - I hate to complain again but I just had the worst day. Migraine all day and all kinds of stuff happened at work and the Office Manager had a "talk" with me. Don't want to go into it....but it wasn't exactly great. My DH says I need to find another job, as this one isn't worth it!

Kel - thanks for reminding me about Evening BAth......I love that workout and it sounds like a good one for present. However, my low back always hurts this time of the month, so I may need a back yoga video first.

Carrie - yes, part-time is a whole heck of a lot easier than 8 hours a day.

Yve - I've been taking Melatonin and Valerian Root for years, as well as Calms Forte (at times - the latter being an homeopathic remedy for sleep).

Thanks for all of the genuine concern over my sleeping problems and job stress...............and I feel like such a complainer....but I need to vent to someone.

Hi ladies! I'm finally starting to feel normal again...these past few days have been absolutely awful with my sinuses and I am so sure that the only reason it didn't develop into a sinus infection was that I used my neti pot daily (and sometimes even twice daily) over the past several days.

Lora, Please don't feel like a complainer...we all have our rough times and I know it is always helpful to have someone there simply to listen to you vent. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the job...you may want to think about looking elsewhere. I agree with your husband...if it is causing you this much stress, it probably isn't worth it, especially if they're not paying you well. As far as sleep goes, for months and months and months I had the absolute WORST insomnia...I could go to sleep but I couldn't STAY asleep. I found something called RestAid (www.restaid.com). You can only buy it on their website, but it's got melatonin in it as well as a few other things and it was an absolute miracle for me. I never thought I would be able to sleep well again. I took it daily for about a month and a half straight and I am now able to sleep without it...I seriously did not think I would be able to sleep unmedicated after that mess! I had tried everything, from herbal to prescription, and Restaid was the only thing that helped me (hey, they should pay me for advertising! LOL).

I'm still tossing around whether or not I want to finish the lab work. It's a bit inconvenient and expensive for me (with all the driving around) but I also don't want to have to tell them that I can't finish the work. I'm going in tomorrow after class and we'll see how things go I guess. It's not like it's something that will go on forever, but still....

To everyone else here, I just wanted to say hi! Hopefully I'll be able to be here more regularly now, especially with more yoga workouts!

Hi ladies! Got a late start to my WO tonight so I am posting quick. It was S&H Shoulders followed by Power Hour Shoulders and KPC abs. I will catch up on personals tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.