Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues Jan 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 this AM...for 40 minutes and burned 280 calories....running late.....gotta go.

Jen -Huge perfume update.....check out Carnivale Diabolique and the Limited Editions page.

Hiya,

I just posted a response in yesterday's thread, so I thought I would post here so that it was more up top.

Hi, Lora, hope the job stuff is all working out for you!

Hi Lora. Have you, or has anyone else here, heard of Adrienne Reed? Her yoga DVDs look very challenging. Thinking of ordering.

All the best.

Julie

P.S. - Doing Eion yoga 40 minutes later, plus 20 minute Pilates. Drill Max last eve did me in - in a good way!

Hey Ladies!

Just did plyo x this morning. Favorite workout, no doubt! Tomorrow is Legs/Back, I think and Ab Ripper X. Just uploaded end of phase 1 pictures.

Charlotte~~

Hi Ladies!

SJP for me today...still no time for yoga. Does it count that I at least think about doing yoga everyday? The sad part is that I was really starting to make some progress and now I'll probably have to start from scratch.

Lora: I hope your first day went well.

August: Welcome back! I hope your Amazon troubles are solved quickly:-(

Meg: You have had a rough couple of days...(((HUGS)))

Charlotte: Great pix!

Jen: I do like the lite vanilla soy milk...it tastes yummy in protein smoothies with some vanilla protein powder and a frozen banana (and sometimes one TB peanut butter:9

I survived - barely.

NOt much time right now......my shoulders are like cement, my back is aching and my head is splitting!!

Julie - Yes, I just purchased the new Adrienne Reed 3 DVD set and have only previewed it and it looks very challenging.

bye for now

OK, tonight I am doing personals first before they leave my brain.....

Char-Your pics are ABSolutely fabulous, darling! Thanks for sharing. Got me wondering if I change my New Year's resolution to attempt to "bringing it" this year. LOL! :) :)

Megadoo-Glad you were feeling up to the Drill Max challenge! Hope your energy continues!

Julie-Smart to do yoga to counteract the Drill Max! I say go for the Adrienne Reed and let us know how you like it!

Tammy-Of course thinking about yoga counts! I think you could even stretch it to say that counts as meditation-LOL! :) I'll try the lite vanilla soy-I am sure I will like it. Have you used it to make the oatmeal yet?

Lora-Sounds like you had a killer first day! Hope you get to relax some tonight. I think more Lush baths are in order for you this week-and thank goodness it's a short one!

Tonight's WO was Tamilee Webb's I Want Those Abs (like Toasty's-hee hee! :) :) ) Followed by Kundalini Yoga with Gurmukh. This is the first time I have ever done a Kundalini WO and I liked it a lot. There is a major weirdness factor to it, but Gurmukh is so unique and engaging you just get over it and do anything she says. She is amazing-she can kick it like a chorus line girl! She was 52 when she made the WO and she has not a wrinkle on her face. Her skin just glows and she looks like she's in her 20s or 30s. I really liked the "world tribal" music of this workout and it was beautifully filmed in a tropical forest. The moves are simple and repetitive, but really get the heart rate up and make you sweat very similar to the way an Ashtanga practice would. The workout is divided into several segments concentrating on a specific aspect such as strengthening, where you do squats and kickboxing-type moves. I liked that there was more concentration on feeling than form and enjoyed the way Gurmukh explained things that seem rather mystical or odd to people, such as her wearing of a turban. I found it difficult to keep my eyes closed as instructed, probably because this was the first time I used the DVD to work out and partly because I was afraid of losing my balance during the more vigorous exercises. I am sure that gets better with time. I was irritated by the noise of the gong meditation at the end, but also somewhat relaxed by it at the same time. My (three) dogs were not relaxed by it at all-LOL! :). I think most people would have to be very careful with the twisting in this workout and could see easily being injured because Gurmukh really encourages you to go faster and open up, which I don't feel is safe for everyone. Overall, after completing the WO, my body and particularly my back felt very loose and relaxed. I rented this from Netflix but will definately considering purchasing it for the high production quality, good music, and the drastic departure from the ordinary stuff.

Jen

Jen: Great workout! No, I haven't made the steel cut oats w/vanilla soy milk yet. Thursdays I don't start work until 12 noon, so I'll make a batch Thursday morning. I'll let you know how they turn out...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.