Trying To Fit Yoga In for Tues Jan 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning was Power 90X+ Intervals. Workout was 50" and I burned 422 calories. This didn't get my HR up very high....but I'm a bit tired this morning.

I'm getting sick of this rotation.......not sure how much longer I can last. Not enough variety for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Kel - I think to truly benefit from P90X....you'd be better off with the whole set. There isn't much variety in this current set.

Brighton -Welcome..........glad to have you here. This is a great bunch of ladies.......although I'm the oddball on the checkin that doesn't cook and I'm not very domestic.......but I'm a "foodie" in that I love to eat!!

Good morning ladies,

I have prenatal pilates class this morning - and will hopefully fit in some light cardio later in the afternoon.

Welcome Brighton - Nice to meet you.... LOL'd over the Giada comment. Maybe she just tastes her food. She does look good though - doesn't she! I am sort of partial to Martha..but it's all good. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Will be back later ladies.
Have a nice day.

Yve

Good morning everyone -

First, let me tell you guys about a little problem I had with a co-worker y-day. We've worked together for over 7 years & although he tends to be moody sometimes, we usually get along pretty good. Sure, we've had some extremely minor things happen over the years but nothing serious. Anyway, I noticed that he was extra quiet so about mid-morning, I walked over to his workspace & asked if he was okay. Without even looking up, he said he was fine in a very short, tense tone. So I asked if he was sure he was okay & he said he was busy. Of course, I knew that was a fib so I asked if he was in a bad mood & he shrugged. So then I figured it much be our new surroundings so I proceeded to try & be positive by saying that there's really nothing we can do about it except make the best of it. Hey, it is what it is, right? Anyway, he then said (out loud, which isn't a good thing with the situation we're in anyway) that I won't be happy unless I have my own office with a door & a window... & I said that's not the point at all. Obviously, we'd all prefer to have that but I was just trying to say that we need to make the best of what we have now. Well... I went to the bathroom & the more I thought about who could have overheard what he said & how it might have been taken (out of context), I decided that I'd say something to him about that. So I went back & told him that due to the open situation we're in & the fact that anybody could be walking by & hear comments like he made, I'd very much prefer that he not say anything like that again & that it's just not cool to say things like that anyway. Oh my goodness! You'd think I had just called him a horrible name. He proceeded to wag his finger in my face & tell me to get out of his area. I mean, he raised his voice to the point that he was almost yelling. So of course, I tried to calm him down & tell him that I just wanted him to think about how it could have been taken if somebody had heard it & he just continued to stick that finger in my face & tell me to get over to my desk, leave him alone, & not talk to him for the rest of the day. That was the point that my eyes welled up with tears & I had to leave for a little while. He hasn't spoken to me since. So anyway, I decided to take the higher ground & be in a good mood anyway. I much prefer to be happy, peaceful, & cheeful to being in a bad mood any day. Right now, one side of the room is tense & unhappy... & my side of the room is okay. Sorry to be so long-winded about that but thanks for letting me vent.

This morning, my dog woke us up at 4:30 & I couldn't get back to sleep so I went ahead & got up. I did the 4DS Bootcamp plus Biceps & Triceps & I also added Yoga Journal's Yoga for Stress Relief, Stress Prevention Practice. Then, I added on a bit of meditation & focused on kindness, peace, happiness, joy, compassion, & treating others well. It left me feeling much better & ready to face what I knew would be a strange & somewhat difficult day. So far, I'm being given the silent treatment... but that's okay. I know he's just hurting himself with his bad mood. I hate it but I know I didn't do anything wrong & I quite honestly feel that I'm owed an apology. But I'm not going to mistreat him in any way. I'm just going to give him his space & be the kind of person I want to be.

Lora - Thanks for the P90X information. It honestly doesn't sound like it's for me. Maybe I'll just go ahead & pre-order STS instead. Hope you have a good day at work!

Carrie - What workout is on tap for today? Do you cook big meals every day or just a few times a week? I love trying new things, as long as they're not TOO difficult...

Yve - I hope you're doing well & I hope the snow isn't too bad there today. Enjoy your prenatal pilates clasee this morning!

Jen - Hey girl! It's so good to "see" you again & good to hear you're doing better. I really like the 4DS & I hope you get a chance to give it a try soon. I actually think the Bootcamp cardio is a lot of fun because she's got us doing so much stuff, I don't think it really even feels like cardio at all. I also like BBC because each day contains cardio but not too much. But it's not Cathe. I've also been thinking about pulling out my Jari Love's & doing some of those again soon. I don't know... I'm a bit wishy-washy & that's why the new STS series doesn't really interest me as much. I tend to enjoy doing my own thing from week to week... & even day to day. Hope your day isn't too busy & hope you have a chance to visit later.

Jill - I like working out in the mornings because I can get it done & get on with my day. It also leaves me feeling energized. I'm jealous of your 50+ degree weather. It's not going to be much over freezing here today. Brrr! Hope you enjoy Namaste Yoga. Let me know what you think when you get it...

Brighton - Welcome!!! So good to have another yogini join us. So what yoga practice did you do last night? Do you do it on your own or use a DVD? Looking forward to getting to know you!

Well, now that I've written a book, I guess I'll go for now. I hope everyone has a great day & I'll be sure to check back in later. Take care!

Good afternoon everyone! Thanks so much for the warm welcome... I'm all a-twitter! :) Seriously, I do appreciate it. Well, today was 5+ miles on the bike, PUB, then the Lunar Flow off Shiva's "Fluid Power." There are some really great hip openers on that one, and I tweaked my hip yesterday running. Just what the doctor ordered, I think!

Lora - In my book, if you love food, you're in the foodie club! :D

Yve - I like Martha too... just never got into her new(er) show. Love her magazine... For the most part my everyday cooking comes from Cooking Light though. They have really great healthier recipes that are just awesome. I bring Martha out for special occasions when I want to indulge a little more. }(

Kel - Wow, I hope things get better with work for you. Contention is the worst. You are so strong taking the higher road, though. Last night I just did Gaiam's pm yoga. Really basic, but for some reason it always seems to do the trick when I'm tired & sore.

Well, better run, DD is sick & now that nap time is over she's demanding some TLC. Have a good one everyone!

Kel - I am sorry this happened to you today.
I don't know that I would have been able to have taken the higher road here. This guy was entirely out of line - and in my view even abusive. I think if it were me - I would ignore him from now on - and speak to him on a need to basis. I can't believe that would happen in an office environment. But good for you for rising above it - and finding peace in spite of it all.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Body Max 2, Cardio & Weights Premix, which I shortened to 60 minutes. Man, that upper body work burns me every time...something about the sequencing is really different on that one! So, I have to tell you all that I came out of my workout room to find......a squat rack in our foyer!!! :) :) :) :eek: :eek: :eek: DH got it for me! I am really shocked...in a good way! It's something I probably wouldn't have bought on my own. Now I am REALLY excited about the new series. I have a Troy Lite barbell that is too short for the rack...so I guess I'll be getting a new barbell, too. (what a bummer! :eek:...NOT! :) )

Brighton-Hi and welcome to the thread! :) Great to have you posting here! I am glad you have chosen to join us and I am sure you will fit in very well with this lovely group of ladies! How old is your DD? Hope she feels better soon!

Yve-Enjoy your cardio later today! Great job as usual on those workouts...I hope I have the level of energy you are maintaining!

Kel-Oh man, so sorry to hear about your coworker. That is an especially a tough situation, but even tougher when you have to see the person everyday. You are most certainly being very upstanding about the whole thing and the way you handled yourself. I can't believe he got in your face like that! Sorry it brought you to tears, too. Makes you crazy when that happens-I can totally relate....I try really hard to keep my emotions in check at work but it doesn't always happen. I hate confrontation and I always get red in the face or shake or something when it happens (not very often thankfully). I hope everything works out soon....keep us posted and know that we are here for you!

Lora-I hear ya' on the rotations! How much longer are you supposed to be on your current one? I really have trouble sticking to shorter cycles of 3 to 4 weeks these days.

Hi to Jill and Carrie!

Kel, I'm sorry to hear about your day today! That is terrible! I do think you held the high ground...I would have wanted to reach out and break his finger! I hope things are better for you tomorrow.

Today I did LIS this morning and as much as I would like to do a yoga video tonight, I'm just tired, pooped, and so cold I'm actually still wearing my jacket (and have been since about 4:30pm). I even turned up the heat in the house! I think it's because I'm tired...when I'm tired I get cold much more easily. I think I just never quite warmed up after walking around the environmental learning center this morning. We were only out for about 10 minutes but it was SOOOO cold!

Have a good rest of your evening ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.