Trying to Fit Yoga in for Tues Feb 5

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning my rotation called for P90X+ Intervals...but I'm a bit sick of it....so I did P90 Masters Intervals and wasn't getting into it...so I threw in Turbo Jam Fat Blaster to finish. Workout was 57" and I burned 515 calories.

Last night I did Shiva Rea's Lunar Flow practice. I really like this for evenings. It felt good. I probably should have gone to bed a little earlier instead of doing this...but I had a really lousy day at work.

The office manger and her little pet favorite worker gave me grief. Now my office manager has a problem cuz I took the time to go to the bathroom and wash my hands before I punched out for lunch! She punched me out while I was in the bathroom and then had the nerve to make a comment that I was "so pleasant to be around" after she did that and I was fuming! I'm grateful to be working....but this place is Hellish! Somehow, some way....I need to try to not let it get to me.

Have great workouts everyone.

Yve - Kettlebells are iron ball shaped weights with a handle. They sort of resemble a kettle....thus the name kettlebells. They are used for functional fitness type of workouts. The moves are unique. You swing them with one arm, two arms, do cleans and presses and a variety of other moves with them. Amy Bento has just filmed a KB workout...so I wanted to make sure I was prepared for that DVD and I've been wanting to try them. Someone at Videofitness posted that Kettlebells turned their 40 something year old legs into the legs of an 18 year old! Just from practicing that little bit on them, I got pretty sore in different places....outer glutes being one of the main areas.

Kel - Flexible Warrior's are very expensive....so be prepared! I don't think you can find one for under $29.99.

Good morning :) This morning I did the warm-up of LIS but had about zero energy (first day of TTOM) and I just didn't have it in me to do the workout. So I took it out and popped in Namaste Yoga. I did Exalted Warrior (Season 1, Disc 1, Episode 1) and it was perfect. I've had these for a little bit now and this is the first time I've actually done one of them and not just watched! Boy, I think I would really like to do one of these a night after DD goes to bed but before I go to bed.

Lora, I swear...you have to have a lot of God-given grace to put up with what you do at your job!

Jen, good luck with the IVF! I hope all goes well for you.

Have a fantastic day ladies! Hi to Yve, Kel, Carrie, and Brighton!

Good morning Ladies-

Today is YogaX. I think I will do this, but may sub Bryan Kest, just because it's shorter. We will see. I am really motivated by my first round of X, and now my goals are to lean out and build some muscle. I think my husband is afraid I am going to turn into one of those bodybuilder she-males.

Lora-your job must be so stressfull. It sounds like a place I used to work at where they were so anal about everything. You constantly were on pins and needles, wondering when you were going to get called into the office. At least you are getting those good workouts in! What is your opinion on the X + set? Is it something I should invest in?

Yve-you are almost there! 32 weeks! I am glad to hear you are going to yoga classes. Do you have a stability ball? I used that alot towards the end. There are exercises you can do with it to help with pain and some comfort.

Jen-my fingers are crossed for you with IVF. I will be praying that this works for you.

Carrie

Good morning everyone -

Not much time here because I'm leaving early to work the polls. So I'll have to keep it short & won't be back to post later either. This morning, I did the 42 minute KPC premix that includes intermediate drills, combo #1, combo #2, & abs on the ball. I didn't realize this premix included abs so I did some more boxer shuffles, jabbing, marching in place, & grapevines during most of the ab work. Then, I got on the ball & did a few crunches & finally joined the crew for some stretching. I am enjoying my active rest week so far but I know I'll be ready for more intense workouts again come Monday...

Lora - I still think those people where you work sound unprofessional & I think you handled that situation well. I really do hope things improve for you or that you might be able to find another job. I'll look into those Flexible Warrior workouts if you think they're good. Right now, I'm looking at a few others on Amazon, just to give me some more variety.

Jill - Sorry you're feeling low on energy but I'm glad you enjoyed your yoga routine this morning anyway. Is the Namaste Yoga DVDs you have the same as the show on FitTV? Those look good but they never come on at a time when I can do them.

Jen - I still haven't gone back & reviewed what's going on but I wanted to add my good wishes to the rest anyway. I'll be thinking of you!

Hi to Yve, Carrie, & Brighton too. I hope everyone has a great day!

ETA:

Carrie - We were posting at the same time. I think my DH is sometimes worried about the same thing... like I'm going to resemble those Gladiator ladies or something. After seeing the results you got from your first round of P90X, I can definitely understand why you're feeling so motivated. So I say keep up the good work!

Hi ladies,

Feeling a bit better today - At least the headache is gone. It is unseasonable warm today (5 degrees), though we are going to be getting a snow storm tonight and tomorrow - 10-15cm - and freezing rain yuck! I think I will just step out for a bit of a walk - and get some air.

Lora - The office manager is incredibly petty. I wonder if she has a lot of personal stuff going on... Do you remember her treating you this way - back when you worked for her years ago? Not that its an excuse - but for a professional environment - that is really unprofessional behaviour. Thanks for the description of the kettlebells. This may be just what I will need after the babe is born. Your mention of Lunar Flow made me long for some regular yoga... sigh..! Glad you enjoyed.

Jill - Exalted Warrior sounds amazing....and nothing wrong with indulging every night if that is what you would like. It would be amazing to do yoga every night.

Carrie - Are you going to do the P90x for another 90 days? Wow! Lol re your DH' remarks. I do have a stability ball - but have been bad about using it. Did you follow a dvd for your prenatal stability ball exercises?

Kel - Good for you re working the polls tonight... even though we are Canadian - DH and I will be watching the Super Tuesday elections tonight. I find them so interesting. Also am impressed with the US system of electing party leadership. I had to scratch my head though re your definition of rest week... your rest week workouts are more intense than my pre prego active day workouts! Sounds great though.

Hi to Jen and Brighton.

Have a great day everyone.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.