Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tues Dec 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Exreme for 50 minutes. I didn't do a premix. I just did the first few combos and then forwarded a couple so I'd get a couple different combos than I did last time I did this DVD. It was fun and got my HR up....150's mostly. I burned 330 calories.

I really need to start switching stuff up with my cardio, as it seems all of my cardio workouts are usually the same amount of time and my HR stays in the same zone. I need to shake things up somehow. I can't use the elipitical or treadmill right now cuz the DH is doing P90X and he doesn't want me down in the basement. He says I'll be in the way. Our basement is very small, as it's just under the original part of the house, not the added on part.

Well....no yoga last night cuz I had to sit in the doctor office for an hour waiting to see him so I could get an antibiotic for my sinuses. Hopefully, tonight I will be able to do some Kundalini.

Jen - Gee.....regarding the BPAL and spicy...I haven't used catalog blends for so long. I'm a bit of a Limited Edition Whore. However, from memory...I remember Sin and Anne Bonny being 2 good ones. If I think of more, I'll let you know. I'll have to go thru the list. Do you know if you can wear vetiver? That will affect my response. Vetiver smells like motor oil on me....and I usually can't wear it. Regarding Snake Oil and Vixen....they are totally different. Snake Oil is more of a vanilla smelling spicey bit of amber like goodness. I really don't know how to describe it. If you haven't tried it, you should. It is one of their most popular oils. I absolutely love Snake Charmer which is a Limited Edition from the Carnivale Noir series that is sort of like a spin off of Snake Oil. I just bought a couple of bottles on E-bay and payed A LOT for them!

Well - I best go get ready for work.....as it's snowing here and the roads are all icy and such. I work clear on the other side of town! Hate this weather.

Have a great day everyone.

Lora – sorry you had to wait forever at the doctor’s office. That always happens and it is so frustrating.

August – I love your description of Mindy. I think that it is right on.

Tammy – Sorry about the arrival of the first snow flurries. That is always a sad time of year for me at least. I am definitely a spring/summer/fall person and I don’t like winter or being cold.

Jen – congrats on getting back to working out. I like the FitTV version of SJP. It is fun. I know what you mean about the hi/lo and feeling like a dork. I think I feel the dorkiest when doing the running man. I can’t do it with DH home or he just laughs hysterically. I did like it being warmer in the yoga class for flexibility but it was a little too much for me. It was kind of fun though. I am not sure what type of yoga class is offered at my gym. They just list it as yoga so I guess that I will find out when I get there. I’ll let you know.

Megadoo – Great workout yesterday! Do you frequently do your own thing or were you just not in the mood for a DVD yesterday? I am actually starting to like doing my own thing right now. It’s kind of fun.

Yve – I hope that you aren’t getting sick. My throat has been scratchy/tickly the past few days. I am hoping that it doesn’t develop into a cold. Do you have to work late frequently?

Tonight I am doing the bike at the gym and PT exercises. My goodness, I feel like a broken record, but I don’t have a ton of options right now.

Here’s a question for all of you ladies. How do you clean your yoga mat? Do you just wipe it down with a damp cloth after you are done or do you use some kind of cleaner?

Until later,

Karin

Hi Ladies!

Today was BM#2 W/U and 1st 30 minutes, B&G bonus Abs and BM#2 stretch. I'm hoping to fit yoga in on Thursday, as I start work later in the day.

Jen: I'm glad your twitch is feeling better. As far as my heartrate beling lowered ~ well it just caught me by surprise and it was nice to see that I was really into my session:7!

Yve: I hope you feel better soon. I guess if we take my left side and your right side we'll get through a yoga session without blocks;)

Karin: Oh my! I didn't know I was supposed to clean my yoga mat...guess I better throw it in the washer:eek: ! Thanks for the Netflix idea....I don't know why I didn't think to look for exercise DVD's there.

Meg: I hope you and the boys are feeling better.

Lora: I hope you made it to work safe and sound.

I just did Kundalini Yoga with Ravi and Ana - Journey Thru the Chakra's Warm Up and Set One for the lower three chakras. Again, this felt really good and I know I have some major work to do on my "anal retentive" self. They also have Sat Kriya in here that works on obssessive/compulsive behavior!! Need that one too. The other thing we did that I wanted to share with my lovely friends.....is camel pose with breath of fire. Ravi says that this one will help you with compulsiveness around food!! I should do that one all day long.

I'm off to watch General Hospital and lie on my balls for my neck/shoulder spasms.

August - Do you think the Ma Roller would help me more than the balls i'm currently using, or do you think they're probably about the same?

Good Evening, everyone! Tonight's workout was Kick, Punch, & Crunch. Good grief, that workout gets me every time! Whew!

Megadoo-Nice freestylin' lower body w/o yesterday! So that's how the great legs are made!

Tammy-Nice workout! And planning for yoga again-you are really making a great yoga commitment! I do the Netflix thing too and have tried a lot of workouts from that site-it will be tempting to up your subscription plan! :)

Lora-"I'm a bit of a Limited Edition Whore"-you are so crazy! :+ No hurry on your BPAL recommendations since I probably won't make another purchase until January anyway. (Or let's say I SHOULDN'T make one until then! :) ) I am not sure whether I can wear vetiver or not-is it like pine or something? What does it smell like (besides motor oil x( )?

Karin-Yep, I agree about the Running Man-I was an over-the-top dork at that moment! I would never let DH see me bust that move! :eek: I don't think my room gets as hot as Bikram-probably in the low to mid-80's, so it's not as intense. I didn't think I would like it that way, since I work out with a fan for strength & cardio even in the winter, but the hot yoga classes I took got me hooked! I throw my yoga mat in the shower with some very mild soap and then hang it to air dry, but it takes a long time to dry that way, so I don't do it often. :(

Yve-Take care of yourself! Are you drinking your famous tea toddy yet? Sounds like you've got some vacation/rest days coming your way-tell that hot/cold stuff wait a week...or better yet just bug off! :) Thanks for the thoughts about my mom. Both my mom and grandma are gone and I miss them terribly. They were the biggest influences in my life, so I feel pretty lost without them. :( Luckily most of my family lives in the state so we see each other often-but it's not the same, of course. My mom was only 51-had kidney disease since her 20's. She beat the odds, but it was still difficult losing her. My cousin just had a baby and named her after my mom-and I am so in love with her. :) She is the bright spot in my world right now! :)

August-Whatcha' up to, busybody? Hope all is well and that it is of the "good busy" variety! :)

Jen

Well, I am not feeling 100% so I didn't do any Imax's. I did however do the Fit TV version of RS, the first segment of Step Blast, and the stretch. Then I did 30 min of Kundalini yoga. I also did Ravi's Journey Through the Chakras. I really liked it. I only made it to the navel part. I was getting really tired. I hope to continue it tomorrow. My DH is working real late tonight and the next few days, so it is real quiet in the house after the kids go to sleep. Perfect for yoga. I am getting a little better at the short meditation parts, meaning keeping focused. ALot easier with no interruptions!

Jen- thanks. Sorry about your mom and grandma. That must be real tough. I am living in my grandmothers house now. Helps to keep somewhat of a feeling of closeness you know? That is real cool about your cousin and her baby.

Tammy- thanks. i think the boys are better, just snotty! YUK! I haven't caught the cold yet, or atleast I didn't think so. Just not feeling all the great today. Hope it passes! I did have a good report from the doc today, my cholesterol is wonderful! I have brought it down from 255 to 166 from just diet and exercise. It was 255 to start, and 206 the last check over the summer, and now 166. And my thyroid is still behaving, which is good. So that all made me feel better. I have to have a bone density test done since I have been on prednisone for about 10 months now. Just to check it out that I am not having any side effects from it.

I am pretty tired now. I hope you all have a wonderful night.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Lora - I can't stop thinking about how funny an idea it is to put gliding and strip tease together. I wish there was a sample up somewhere just to get a glance of it! As for the Ma Roller...The way the Ma Roller is cut, the wood rests on both sides of the spine (so that the spine is free). So when you slowly roll your back down it (while on the floor), things pop back into place while giving you a fairly deep massage. But one thing I think was written on the instructions - and that is not to fall asleep on it! Usually, I would laugh and think, "who on earth could fall asleep on this thing?" but now that I know you can fall asleep in all sorts of positions, I thought I should tell you LOL. Do you feel like you'd like to pop some things back, or realign stuff? It is a very specific pressure, so I would imagine (though certainly, I have no idea for sure) that the wood roller could get deeper than a ball.

Jen - I don't think I've done SJP. Or have I?! I got a bunch of Cathe in the summer, so I'm all confused which one is what. But I do know the song "Abracadabra" and in my book, it doesn't trump "Buttercup." LOL. In fact, I did C&W just yesterday and was thinking of you.

Yve - Sesame Street...LOL, I think his name is actually Snuffleupagus. My brother and I used to get a kick out of calling him Snuffle Up Some Gas. But your SnuffleUffaGas is a nice medium.

Karin - Hey there, cleaning a yoga mat. You know, I've read that the more you use it, the better it gets, though I don't really understand that concept yet since I have only been using mine a short time. I've also heard that people get good results by taking it romantically with you into the shower and giving it a good rub down. I think lightly with soap.

Megadoo - Hope you feel better!

Sorry if I'm a little less active than usual, but this is a busy month for me (yes, Jen, in a good way!). But I am reading up on the past posts!

Later!

Hi ladies,

I did vinyasa class tonight - the instructor kept it only moderately intense (thankfully). Her sun salutations were different than any others I have done. We went from forward bend to plank, to downward dog, to one-legged dd, to warrior, then back to plank, chutterunga, cobra, plank, then twist to side plank, back to regular plank, twist to the other side for side plank - and back to centre for plank, then downward dog - and back to the front. She didn't hold the poses for long, which is what made it less intense, though I wish we could have held a few of the downward dogs!
We also did some partner stuff which was very cool. We sat across from our partner holding hands, and feet touching, then one did a forward bend while the other stretched backwards, then vise-versa. then - we also did leg raises while holding hands and touching feet; first one leg at a time, then both together. Another cool pose we did was as follows: one person sits in child pose, then the other sort of sits on her tailbone (but with weight still distributed b/w feet and hips) and then slowly lies down on her back until the hands of the person on top are bracing themselves on the floor, and head is lying on the others back/shoulders... almost like a wheel but with the person beneath you in childspose...and your back against her back.

Lora - camel pose is one of my favourite poses.. I didn't know it helped with food issue... I should do it more often! What does Sat Kriya mean?

Karin - thanks for your good wishes.. thankfully whatever it was yesterday went away.. perhaps I just needed a good nights sleep. With respect to the mat, I just take a wet cloth, and wipe it down. I then spray some vinegar on it, and wipe it down with the wet cloth again a couple more times - and that is it. The vinegar helps if it is a bit slippery - and also acts as a natural antiseptic. (that is what an instructor told me anyhow). My workload is cyclical..so when I have my projects due, I tend to work late, otherwise my hours are fairly good. The issue is that I am taking my vacation starting next Thursday - and I have to finish them before then.

Tammy - LOl re the yoga blocks. That sounds like a great workout.

Jenn - How wonderful that your cousin honoured your mom in this way. Your little neice must be super special. Your mom was very young when she passed away and no it is never easy to lose someone that is such a part of our lives. I did not have any alcohol in my tea yet....I should though ;)

Maeghan - great workout - those are my two favourite Cathe's. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

August - you sound super busy.. hope you remember to get some rest also.

Goodnight everyone,
Yve.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.